2021 Official Review: Nippon Regio Driver Shafts

Well now that the rain has stop enough, I was able to get to the range and do testing with my Regular:755178188_TourEdge:  Head I got back.
The one thing that jumps out is the Club Head speed, I was averaging between 99-100MPH before with the EXS 220 Head.

With the :755178188_TourEdge: EXS Pro that jumped to 104MPH average, Ball Speed Up 2MPH, Carry 5MPH and Total distance 4MPH. I felt like i was just hitting 💣 every time.

Ball Flight was a straight ball or a baby draw, even when I really turn on it the ball was still straight. It was medium height ball flight which is good for me as am always a low flight ball hitter.

The Ball appear to jump of the club face and the shaft didn't feel like it was loose or I was going to loose control the harder I was swigging.  It was the opposite it felt like it was sturdier and held the club face at impact no twisting or turning.

I will be taking this to the course tomorrow at a tournament ⛳, hopefully it doesn't rain and I can see it truly performed on the course when it matters.

Here are the numbers, base of the PRGR unit.

image.png.91759fbf786a9695c2418ab3e47557d9.png

Compare to my pervious numbers:
image.png.9e4a6f2e2411005f50da7cf2bfd664b1.png

• Like 3

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 9.5 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch

10 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Well now that the rain has stop enough, I was able to get to the range and do testing with my Regular:755178188_TourEdge:  Head I got back.
The one thing that jumps out is the Club Head speed, I was averaging between 99-100MPH before with the EXS 220 Head.

With the :755178188_TourEdge: EXS Pro that jumped to 104MPH average, Ball Speed Up 2MPH, Carry 5MPH and Total distance 4MPH. I felt like i was just hitting 💣 every time.

Ball Flight was a straight ball or a baby draw, even when I really turn on it the ball was still straight. It was medium height ball flight which is good for me as am always a low flight ball hitter.

The Ball appear to jump of the club face and the shaft didn't feel like it was loose or I was going to loose control the harder I was swigging.  It was the opposite it felt like it was sturdier and held the club face at impact no twisting or turning.

I will be taking this to the course tomorrow at a tournament ⛳, hopefully it doesn't rain and I can see it truly performed on the course when it matters.

Here are the numbers, base of the PRGR unit.

image.png.91759fbf786a9695c2418ab3e47557d9.png

Compare to my pervious numbers:
image.png.9e4a6f2e2411005f50da7cf2bfd664b1.png

Looks like some pretty solid improvement! Good luck in the tourney today!

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

7 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Looks like some pretty solid improvement! Good luck in the tourney today!

Thanks... played well today...

• Like 2

I'm finally getting out to play again tomorrow and will be trying the shaft out in a Honma TW747 455 driver head. Can't wait to see how that combo works out. 

• Like 1

My bag is a revolving door!

Got out today and played 18. Round was iffy. Driver was up and down. The ups though were fantastic. I reached back a few times to try and unload and it just wasn’t there today. The fairway finder was solid as usual. Early on I was struggling with a pull and late in the round possibly due to fatigue the right fade miss snuck out. So far on average I’ve been carrying 250-255 rolling out around 270’s. 

• Like 4

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Played 14 holes yesterday evening, Driving has been better than ever, hitting the fairways and getting it out there consistently. Even the playing partners commented how well and consistent I was hitting the driver.

Gaining a lot confidence hitting the new Nippon Shaft with the Tour Edge Pro head combination. I feel that even if I really go after it is not going to balloon left or right, that am going to find it maybe of the first cut or so, not in the other fairway (unless I pull or push it that way)

Going to play 18th tomorrow morning, should be fun, it will be the first time to use this combination on this course.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Played 14 holes yesterday evening, Driving has been better than ever, hitting the fairways and getting it out there consistently. Even the playing partners commented how well and consistent I was hitting the driver.

Gaining a lot confidence hitting the new Nippon Shaft with the Tour Edge Pro head combination. I feel that even if I really go after it is not going to balloon left or right, that am going to find it maybe of the first cut or so, not in the other fairway (unless I pull or push it that way)

Going to play 18th tomorrow morning, should be fun, it will be the first time to use this combination on this course.

I may have to try out the Nippon with the Tour Edge Pro head myself this weekend.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I may have to try out the Nippon with the Tour Edge Pro head myself this weekend.

I be interested to see someone else perspective.

Heading to the simulator today to use the trackman. Interested to see the numbers

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Heading to the simulator today to use the trackman. Interested to see the numbers

Nice! Are you just hitting the Nippon or will you get some same day data with your old gamer?

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Alright guys just got home after a. Long day. Trackman data speaks for itself. There are some outliers in there where I really tried to max out the shafts to see some numbers and it didn’t always turn out well. The rep at the ping demo was unfortunately right about having high spin with the ts3. I don’t have my trackman numbers but I remember on a cold 43 deg day I turned out with the ping g425 10.5 deg lst with aldilla white I was able to get up to a 248 carry rolling out to 263. Here are the trackman numbers. Enjoy! Side note the one not labeled was with my current lineup of the ts3 9.5 deg with Nippon B+ shaft. The TSi3 was the 9 deg shaft

1AA92A2D-EAAB-4EC6-8089-14040ED40FA2.jpeg

8B42F058-B5B7-45D4-947E-9EA9E7BC4847.jpeg

383A658A-877D-4E60-8C42-187553341239.jpeg

76E88D0F-0C3B-47F2-ABAC-B7D3ECECBAAA.jpeg

CB32707C-653B-4C5C-863B-523C99171D15.jpeg

57F68B64-F74C-4649-8AD5-8C647588C7D5.jpeg

I had to take pictures because the computer was having a hard time sending the report. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Nice! Are you just hitting the Nippon or will you get some same day data with your old gamer?

I got as much data as I was able to. With a lot of different combos. I wanted to really let the data speak for itself. The ping rep called me a high spin player and by the looks of it he isn’t entirely incorrect. I will say I am bit surprised because the trackman numbers are a little less than what I’ve been seeing in the course. Plus I am actually pleased with the performance of my ts3 with the nippon. It will be interesting to see when my g425 lst arrives how things compare. Depending on the date I would consider getting the tip switched to test on the ping. 

• Like 2

I think the results have less to do with the shaft and more to do the TS3 head. Spin improved slightly comparing each shaft. I also know it would help to sneak another degree or two higher for my attack angle. 

• Like 1

Alright I’m back to testing after a wedding hiatus and ready to get back out there with a test that no one asked for but we’re doing it! I’ve now shafted my Regio Formula MB+ 65X with a Wishon 919FD head which is mini driver head if you’re not familiar. The goal here is to see if I can combine the length gains from the shaft to a head shape I find more appealing and one that will hopefully find fairways consistently. I’m fine giving up a few yards to be in the short stuff. Here are some pics of what I’ll be working with. Data and results to come soon. 

2D9FC6CC-CBD1-49EB-B1C4-ADA6FDEEF824.jpeg

2AC16E41-2CEE-425B-BCB9-F97054E1D946.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

1 hour ago, morningteesheet said:

Alright I’m back to testing after a wedding hiatus and ready to get back out there with a test that no one asked for but we’re doing it! I’ve now shafted my Regio Formula MB+ 65X with a Wishon 919FD head which is mini driver head if you’re not familiar. The goal here is to see if I can combine the length gains from the shaft to a head shape I find more appealing and one that will hopefully find fairways consistently. I’m fine giving up a few yards to be in the short stuff. Here are some pics of what I’ll be working with. Data and results to come soon. 

2D9FC6CC-CBD1-49EB-B1C4-ADA6FDEEF824.jpeg

2AC16E41-2CEE-425B-BCB9-F97054E1D946.jpeg

Good looking setup! 

Went out today playing in the member member tournament, mixed results. Hard to get in a flow with the driver playing from shorter tees, only hit a handful of times. Difficult to get in a groove, the big right miss came in to play x2 with a lot of spin which is a killer for me.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2021 at 1:41 PM, 03trdblack said:

Good looking setup! 

Didn't work as planned. It was truly that test that no one needed. Spun too much and just lost way too much distance. I'm back to the Mizuno ST200 head but I've tipped the Nippon shaft a half inch.

• Like 1
  • Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex

On 5/12/2021 at 3:54 PM, morningteesheet said:

Trackman session complete! Stopped into my local Five Iron Golf and got a quick session in. After warming up and getting a feel for everything, I logged 5 swings with my new setup (Mizuno ST200 and Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X) and then 5 swings with my old setup (Srixon Z565 and Aldila NV Green 65X). Here's the video and the Trackman results below that.

Mizuno Nippon combo:

Mizuno_Nippon.JPG.7cc4f20d3e4dc304e6eebe5f65e149d4.JPG

Srixon Aldila combo:

Srixon_Aldila.JPG.5d57296e031debc8a337ef3b544e300c.JPG

The data says it all, the Mizuno and Nippon combo is staying in the bag. But I didn't even need the data, I knew it from the feel. The Nippon shaft felt so sturdy and solid through the swing and just felt balanced. I was originally fighting some left pulls but I've gotten more comfortable with the idea that I don't need to aim right and guide it. I can line it up and swing it comfortably. While distance is clearly the winner with the Mizuno/Nippon, I am a little concerned with the spin as it's still a bit high. I don't mind it a bit on the high side because I do want to find fairways, but this should come down a bit and it's possible that some setting tinkering could get it there. Also, I was a bit left and right with the Nippon but at least from the look of the flight on the screen, none of them were way offline or troublesome. A little more work with the driver and that should be fine. 

Most importantly, this has done what I had hoped. I don't feel like I have the big right miss and I feel like I can really go after and release this driver with the Nippon shaft. It just feels reliable and I won't have to stand on the tee feeling like I need to guide it, I can swing more freely. I'm taking this out for 18 holes to validate it on Saturday morning so more to come.

Looks like a winner winner!!!

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

After playing yesterday evening and the warmer weather (HOT AF). I was really hitting the TourEdge Pro / Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65 S combination to distance I have not been before in a consistent basis. And this combination improve my Fairways hits Percentages even more.
I did turn down the loft from 10.5 to 9.5 and this improve the spin rate , trajectory and distance.

image.png.991fb07fda585173e9c587a1e81e8198.png

Compare to my previous Driving Accuracy, which I was content before because I had eliminated one side of the fairway
image.png.5e578073f007bddcc504c89d2707df4d.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I played 18 yesterday and pulled driver on 10 holes, hit 2 fairways. A few pulls and a few big misses right. Only really put one good swing on the driver and sent it 290 down the middle. The moral of this story is that it has nothing to do with the shaft and everything to do with my mental block with a driver in my hand. The key thing is that this shaft feels amazing and matches up well with my Modus 125x iron shafts. Now I just need to learn how to take a driver swing onto the course.

• Like 2