TESTERS WANTED! ×

App broken/MyGolfSpy no longer on the app store?

Bucky CC

Anyone else having issues with the mobile version of the forum on an iPhone?  It wasn't letting my log in for the last few days so I finally deleted the app so I could download a fresh version.  When I went to the app store mygolfspy was no longer listed.  Also checked iTunes on my laptop and it wasn't coming up saying it wasn't available in the US.  Any idea what's going on @GolfSpy_THV?

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Was informed by MGS that the app is no longer supplant thus deleted.  As a long time app user I think they should get a new app going soon.  It gets too cumbersome trying to use the website on an iPhone or iPad.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hi fozcycle, 

We wanted to alert you all that the MGS App is no longer a valid way to access the forums.

We were in the process of shuttering the app, as it's no longer supported, however a mistake was made and it was taken down before we had a chance to alert all the users. I personally apologize for the hiccup in service and lack of communication to all the app users out there. I know many of you were dedicated fans of the App and with recent features implemented on the site and more to come, the lack of support and functionality became to glaring of an issue to reconcile.

The good news is that you can still access the forums via the web URL on any device - phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, refrigerator, tv, coffee maker...pretty much anything with an internet connection!

URL: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/

Thank you,

-MGS Staff

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

23 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Was informed by MGS that the app is no longer supplant thus deleted.  As a long time app user I think they should get a new app going soon.  It gets too cumbersome trying to use the website on an iPhone or iPad.

100% agree.  And accessing the website from my phone is a much more clunky option than having a streamlined app to use.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Hi MGS, 

I generally use the app to access the forums, but it's been crashing & I can't open it for about 4 days now. I've uninstalled & reinstalled. I have an android phone. Are you aware of any issues with app use?

Thanks,

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

The app has been breaking bit by bit over the last year, because it was built for an older version of Forum software. As of this last week, it has failed entirely.

While there may be a replacement at some point, right now the app is no longer functional or supported.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to App broken/MyGolfSpy no longer on the app store?
1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Hi MGS, 

I generally use the app to access the forums, but it's been crashing & I can't open it for about 4 days now. I've uninstalled & reinstalled. I have an android phone. Are you aware of any issues with app use?

Thanks,

See comments above.....

Hey Guys,

As I mentioned in the email sent to all members, the App had lost support over a year ago and it has been limping along since then. What forced the change was the creation of the new Testing platform and it was extremely cost-prohibitive to implement a solution for the app - basically, all app users would not be able to access one of the main portions of the forum.

This, combined with continued future enhancements and development projects for the site, lead us to delist it from the app store to stop new downloads. Unfortunately, an unintended (and unknown at the time) side effect of taking it off the store is that is also loses core functionality to do it's basic purpose.

I lament the fact that delisting caused all app users to lose core functionality. We wanted to have a staged approach to removing the app and certainly informing all users ahead of the apps deletion - that is my mistake and I apologize to all you guys.

Regarding a new app for the forum, it's not out of the question. We do have some other enhancements and development projects we would like to tackle first. Then we can look at building a new app that will be able to access all the new functions and make sure we have a seemless experience.

Appreciate you guys understanding and apologize again for the screw up on our end.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Please Please get a new app going asap. As a relatively younger user (36) I access your content much more often from my phone than from a computer. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

12 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Please Please get a new app going asap. As a relatively younger user (36) I access your content much more often from my phone than from a computer. 

Try using the mobile version. 
You can go to the website and save it to your phone as a mobile web page link (on android it even comes up in a app logo). 
From there just tap on it and its very similar to the app in many ways. Personally I found the mobile version easier to use then the app and offered some more features when it came to posting and so on. 
What phone do you use and we can potentially give you a step by step. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻
This right here!  Once you get used to it, you won’t want to go back. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

17 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

You can go to the website and save it to your phone as a mobile web page link (on android it even comes up in a app logo). 
From there just tap on it and its very similar to the app in many ways. Personally I found the mobile version easier to use then the app and offered some more features when it came to posting and so on. 

I wanted to say something like this too, but could not do it without sounding like a jerk. Glad you posted first as you were way nicer with a more in depth solution that I ! 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

22 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Not being a younger user, I could use a hint or two about how to do this on an android, a Moto G Stylus.   🤓

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

6 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Not being a younger user, I could use a hint or two about how to do this on an android, a Moto G Stylus.   🤓

Open google on your phone. Then type in MyGolfSpy.com. Click on the 3 horizontal lines and select forums. Once it loads, there should be 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of your screen.  Click on that and there should be an option to add it to the Home Screen. That will bring up the forums by simply clicking it on your Home Screen like an app. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

5 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Open google on your phone. Then type in MyGolfSpy.com. Click on the 3 horizontal lines and select forums. Once it loads, there should be 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of your screen.  Click on that and there should be an option to add it to the Home Screen. That will bring up the forums by simply clicking it on your Home Screen like an app. 

thanks.....that is actually what i tried but it doesn't show up on my home screen.  I am assuming home screen is where the other apps (like Waze, etc) show up when phone is powered up.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

14 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Just to ad a visual to what @blackngold_blood posted.
pixlr_20210428212037638.jpg.1851612f831909e16b7bef99a1fc05a4.jpg

20 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I do steps 1 & 2 and even get the home page icon & name pop up window showing up but when I click add it doesn't show up on the home page.

3 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I do steps 1 & 2 and even get the home page icon & name pop up window showing up but when I click add it doesn't show up on the home page.

Using chrome? Only time I have had issues is when there is no room on my homepage. There needs to be a open spot for it to go into. After that it can be put into a folder or moved around to where you would like it. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

44 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Using chrome? Only time I have had issues is when there is no room on my homepage. There needs to be a open spot for it to go into. After that it can be put into a folder or moved around to where you would like it. 

yes, using chrome.  lots of real estate open on the home page, only 11 apps there...three rows and two aren't full.

UPDATE.....  It was suggested by Apolloshowl to try it with the main MYGOLFSPY web page rather than the forum web page and adding the icon to the home screen worked on my phone.  There was something about trying it with the forum page that kept it from adding the icon to the home screen.

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but you can still read the MGS articles on the App...through Apple anyway.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

13 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Hi MGS, 

Thanks,

The support for the app has been discontinued 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

13 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but you can still read the MGS articles on the App...through Apple anyway.

Not happening.......can’t even log in to the website using the app on an iPhone.

20 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

100% agree.  I've got an older iPhone 7 and the website version using the Safari default browser works perfectly.  Hyperlinks, image uploads, etc. it all works well. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1