Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Easton PA Courses

Brian A

Have to go out to Easton Pa next weekend, anyone have any course recommendations nearby?

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Look at Morgan Hill. It is right outside of Easton.  Nice elevation changes.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

My wife is from just north of there, but I have played very little there. Of the three I've seen, I'd play Riverview again any time. Interesting layout, good condition, great value. Just over into New Jersey, I liked High Bridge Hills, but it will be a longer drive. Architect's (also NJ, but only a few miles from Easton) is very nice, but pricey, and I found them a little snobbish.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Morgan hill looks to be a little wide open? 

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Morgan hill isn't wide open, a few holes are but it's really a mountain course with some cool holes.  Architects club is much more wide open and a better layout but you'll pay for it. If you walk, Architects is a good walk. Riverview is another top quality course and worthy of a trip. I'll add Green pond to the list of courses to check out, it's very walkable and has great greens. Be sure to check aerification, tis the season in PA.

1. Architects club, 2. Riverview. 3. Green pond 4. Morgan Hill all good and enjoyable layouts. 

Edited by JCbogey

Never a flat lie at Morgan Hill (except tee boxes)...it's my favorite course.  If you have a high handicap, it might be intimidating. Lastly, if you have knee problems, bring some Advil.  The back nine on Riverview is really fun and challenging. Green Pond is short yardage wise but they make up for it in pine trees. Architect is very nice but $$$$. Have fun!

23 hours ago, Brian A said:

Morgan hill looks to be a little wide open? 

Not really wide open at all. Morgan Hill is quite a stern challenge, and there are some very tricky holes, especially if you have not played the course at least a couple of times. There are new owners at Morgan Hill, and they removed several fairway bunkers. However, in my opinion the worst change that they made was dramatically shortening the tough par 5 13th hole. It's still a very nice course, although you can encounter some painfully slow rounds there on weekends.

For quality golf, Architects Club, just about 6 or 7 miles across the Delaware River in NJ, is hands-down the best course in the Easton area. After Architects, which is expensive, Morgan Hill and Riverview are about equal to each other. However, Riverview has been in slightly better condition than Morgan Hill the last couple times that I played those two courses.

Full disclosure: Although I live about 55 to 60 miles south of Easton in Bucks County, PA, I had a limited membership at Morgan Hill for about 5 years (until 2018-2019), and I still play there about 5x a year. In total, I have played the three courses that I mentioned here at least 50-60 times.

Doug Mael

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I posted earlier but added that pic just now, that's the top of "morgan Hill" it really is a unique course and worth playing. You really can't go wrong with any of the courses listed. I think Architects is the clear top dog in that area but others are still above average. For making the decision depends on what you're looking for, walking or riding?  Difficult or traditional, flat(ish) or mountain golf. Let us know what you decide and hopefully the weather cooperates. 

20170719_151116-scale-1.jpg

Based on recent reviews, it appears that Riverview is not in very good shape, and it also seems to have some other negative issues regarding carts, range, etc.

Reviews as recent as two days ago indicated that Morgan Hill is currently in good shape.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

22 hours ago, JCbogey said:

I posted earlier but added that pic just now, that's the top of "morgan Hill" it really is a unique course and worth playing. You really can't go wrong with any of the courses listed. I think Architects is the clear top dog in that area but others are still above average. For making the decision depends on what you're looking for, walking or riding?  Difficult or traditional, flat(ish) or mountain golf. Let us know what you decide and hopefully the weather cooperates. 

20170719_151116-scale-1.jpg

I’ll be going solo so something enjoyable but not an extremely difficult course 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

On 4/30/2021 at 10:03 PM, Siamese Moose said:

Report back after your trip, please. I expect to be in a similar situation in that area in August, so I'm interested in your experience.

Will do, won’t be headed there til this coming weekend May 7-9

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Used to live near there, Morgan Hill is a fun track, riverview used to be awesome. Agree with the Olde Homestead rec above, that’s a great course. Also southmoore in Bath is a fun course not far from there. Apple valley is across the river in Nj and another great option. 

Ping G410+, 9* with draw bias weight setting, 55g Alta CB stiff shaft

Taylormade Burner 3w, stiff shaft 

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW, regular flex

Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 58* wedge

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter

Titleist Tour Speed balls