Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2021 NFL Draft!

PMookie

Well??? Let’s hear it! Do you like your team’s picks, or not? Thoughts? Hopes for upcoming picks?

My Lions made a GREAT pick with Sewell!!! They have struggled with the run for YEARS, so this should help, that, and also with protection for Goff. We have ZERO receivers, and need help with EVERY position on defense, so with so many holes to fill, it’s going to be interesting to see who they get in the next couple of picks.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I am not sold on the Pats pick of Mac Jones, just not sure the ceiling is there. I think Fields would have been a better pick and they only needed to move up 4 picks to get there at 11, so it seems doable, but that is just something the Patriots will not do. On average they tend to let things come to them a bit, and normally love a trade back in the first round, so I am not surprised they jumped up to get a QB. I mean there is documented history that they Bill felt Jonathan Baldwin and Julio Jones were about the same receiver when Atlanta traded up for him and told the Atlanta GM that trading up was not worth it when he called Bill to ask. If that trade up was worth it for Atlanta is up for debate, but those two are not the same player, not even close. I hope Jones is good, but I would be concerned that the same thinking has help up and saying that Jones and Fields are graded similar only to have it play out that they are in fact on very different levels.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

13 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I am not sold on the Pats pick of Mac Jones, just not sure the ceiling is there. I think Fields would have been a better pick and they only needed to move up 4 picks to get there at 11, so it seems doable, but that is just something the Patriots will not do. On average they tend to let things come to them a bit, and normally love a trade back in the first round, so I am not surprised they jumped up to get a QB. I mean there is documented history that they Bill felt Jonathan Baldwin and Julio Jones were about the same receiver when Atlanta traded up for him and told the Atlanta GM that trading up was not worth it when he called Bill to ask. If that trade up was worth it for Atlanta is up for debate, but those two are not the same player, not even close. I hope Jones is good, but I would be concerned that the same thinking has help up and saying that Jones and Fields are graded similar only to have it play out that they are in fact on very different levels.

As a browns and Ohio state fan, I feel I am more bias to Fields, but I do believe that he is the better and more dynamic player at this moment. Jones seemed to be carried by his team a bit where as Fields put the whole team on his back. Although I do believe in Fields and think he is the better player, I feel that Jones was the right player for the Pats; he fits the McDaniels scheme so well with his quick passing ability and pre snap reads that I don’t think you pass on that. Good luck to you guys this season; he may not be Tom Brady, but he may be close enough 👍🏻

Obsessed with the game

34 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Well??? Let’s hear it! Do you like your team’s picks, or not? Thoughts? Hopes for upcoming picks?

My Lions made a GREAT pick with Sewell!!! They have struggled with the run for YEARS, so this should help, that, and also with protection for Goff. We have ZERO receivers, and need help with EVERY position on defense, so with so many holes to fill, it’s going to be interesting to see who they get in the next couple of picks.

Loved the Sewell pick for you guys. He should have been gone by then so it’s tremendous value as well. I think Goff will serve you well; he hasn’t shown up in the big games as much as I would like, but that should come with experience. I honestly believe he is much better than he is getting credit for and should thrive with a front office and coaching staff that believes in him. Good luck to you guys this season 👊🏻

Obsessed with the game

5 minutes ago, SkilledByDesign said:

As a browns and Ohio state fan, I feel I am more bias to Fields, but I do believe that he is the better and more dynamic player at this moment. Jones seemed to be carried by his team a bit where as Fields put the whole team on his back. Although I do believe in Fields and think he is the better player, I feel that Jones was the right player for the Pats; he fits the McDaniels scheme so well with his quick passing ability and pre snap reads that I don’t think you pass on that. Good luck to you guys this season; he may not be Tom Brady, but he may be close enough 👍🏻

Only time will tell on that one for sure. I do just find it odd Fields dropping like that. He has been right there with Lawrence since high school and I am not sure what he did to drop his stock really, I mean that Clemson game with cracked ribs was pretty good. I kinda hope he turns out to be really good and that slide looks silly compared to the 1 seasons that moved both Lance and Wilson so high. Odds are good though only a couple of them will be really good so time to find out.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 minutes ago, SkilledByDesign said:

Loved the Sewell pick for you guys. He should have been gone by then so it’s tremendous value as well. I think Goff will serve you well; he hasn’t shown up in the big games as much as I would like, but that should come with experience. I honestly believe he is much better than he is getting credit for and should thrive with a front office and coaching staff that believes in him. Good luck to you guys this season 👊🏻

8-9 is about where the Lions will finish. Going to take awhile, but, hey, we’ve been waiting 60+ years for another “title” for our Professional Football team....

1 minute ago, ejgaudette said:

Only time will tell on that one for sure. I do just find it odd Fields dropping like that. He has been right there with Lawrence since high school and I am not sure what he did to drop his stock really, I mean that Clemson game with cracked ribs was pretty good. I kinda hope he turns out to be really good and that slide looks silly compared to the 1 seasons that moved both Lance and Wilson so high. Odds are good though only a couple of them will be really good so time to find out.

It’s crazy to get a guy with that talent level at 11. I honestly thought he could have been the number one pick after the Clemson performance, but the stars were shining too bright on Lawrence. I think he has a chance in Chicago, but since Cutler, they have been pretty quick to push the panic button. If he gets a fair shake, he can be one of the most dynamic players in the league in my option, but like you said, time will tell

Obsessed with the game

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

8-9 is about where the Lions will finish. Going to take awhile, but, hey, we’ve been waiting 60+ years for another “title” for our Professional Football team....

Coming from a browns fan, I know your pain lol. If Goff can give you guys a great season and you guys can get some hype around the team, the roster can turn around pretty quickly. In just the last few years, the Browns have gone from nothing to almost in the AFC championship game mainly due to the hype that Baker, Jarvis Landry and Odell brought, allowing them to fill holes with free agents who would never have come here even last year (see Clowney). I think you definitely have a good chance with Goff and hope to see you guys succeed 

Obsessed with the game

As a lifelong Cowboys fan I was very disappointed when both the top 2 corners back to back right in front of us and even more shocked when they traded back with they hated Eagles, but after both corners were gone I think they got the best defensive player out there with Micah Parsons.

pairing him with Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch might give them the best LB crew in the league. I’m hoping that Avante Samuel Jr falls to them in the second round because they still need secondary help.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Being a LIFELONG Bears fan, I was worried about this draft...hell, I am worried about every draft given our history.  For the first time in a LOOOOONG time I was pleasantly surprised when we drafted Fields.  I have coached and played football for many years, and in my humble opinion he is the second best qb in the draft.  Lets Go!!!!  He has proven history at a major school unlike our last drafted qb.  Now lets see how he does.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

2 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Being a LIFELONG Bears fan, I was worried about this draft...hell, I am worried about every draft given our history.  For the first time in a LOOOOONG time I was pleasantly surprised when we drafted Fields.  I have coached and played football for many years, and in my humble opinion he is the second best qb in the draft.  Lets Go!!!!  He has proven history at a major school unlike our last drafted qb.  Now lets see how he does.

That was definitely a BIG SWING, hopefully it will pay off

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

should the pats have tried to trade up for fields? I'm not sure. Even four slots and the bears could've asked for too much. I'm happy Bill didn't trade his first 7  picks for fourth rounders in the next 5 years and an undersized LB

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

2 hours ago, JeremyD said:

should the pats have tried to trade up for fields? I'm not sure. Even four slots and the bears could've asked for too much. I'm happy Bill didn't trade his first 7  picks for fourth rounders in the next 5 years and an undersized LB

Right just not moving back is an improvement. Time will tell if moving up was the call because of Fields is good enough no price will be to high.

Typical Raiders draft. Reach for players that could have been gotten later and take players with injuries.. Leatherwood will probably be a solid player, but they reached at 17. Moehrig was the best Safety in the draft, but he has back problems. Koonce... meh. Deablo... meh. We needed a real LB. We got a tweener type player with Deablo. They will try to make a LB out of him, but it won't work.

This organization has baffled me for years with their risk taking. Al made it work back in the day, but those days are long gone.

My Lions went BIG, and I LOVE IT!!!! The game is won in the trenches, and they added THREE “Big Nasties” over the first three rounds! Gotta love it!!! They might not win the Division again this year, but this is a move in the right direction!!!!

As a falcons fan I am torn. I love the pick of Pitts and cannot deny he is great value at the 4 spot. I also like that they went with a safety in round 2 to try and replace Neal who I was a huge fan of, but sadly injuries were too abundant with him. 
I have been a fan of the falcons for as long as I can remember and love what Matt Ryan has done for the franchise. However I can't help but think it was a good time to start the next chapter. They had their run and they have been so bad since and I am ready for the franchise to reset and start with some new talent. Whether it was picking a QB or trading down to get a few more assets I can't help but think there were other moves to push the franchise towards their inevitable retooling and that the 4th pick whether traded back or otherwise could have been a great starting point. With new coaching staff and GM I don't see them instantly becoming contenders and TB and NO are still going to be good so they could have .... and on and on. 
Either way hope they do well next year and that Ryan and Julio are back to their old tricks, but I will always wonder what could have been from this draft...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

As a falcons fan I am torn. I love the pick of Pitts and cannot deny he is great value at the 4 spot. I also like that they went with a safety in round 2 to try and replace Neal who I was a huge fan of, but sadly injuries were too abundant with him. 
I have been a fan of the falcons for as long as I can remember and love what Matt Ryan has done for the franchise. However I can't help but think it was a good time to start the next chapter. They had their run and they have been so bad since and I am ready for the franchise to reset and start with some new talent. Whether it was picking a QB or trading down to get a few more assets I can't help but think there were other moves to push the franchise towards their inevitable retooling and that the 4th pick whether traded back or otherwise could have been a great starting point. With new coaching staff and GM I don't see them instantly becoming contenders and TB and NO are still going to be good so they could have .... and on and on. 
Either way hope they do well next year and that Ryan and Julio are back to their old tricks, but I will always wonder what could have been from this draft...

Keep an eye on a kid I coached who’s playing for Atlanta this year: Barkevious Mingo. He’s a great kid, and a hard worker!

3 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

I get this and really was TE that big of a need it does feel like a rebuild is on the way. If they did like fields or jones was they guy maybe try to trade back though fields dropping to 11 seems to have made that less of a possibility. But yeah tough to get a pick that high and feel like your treading water a bit. Pats feel a bit similar, since I am not sold jones is good enough.