TESTERS WANTED! ×

PING Custom Iron Orders

mikeanthony

2 hours ago, Ron D said:

G425 irons and Glide 3 wedge with UST Recoil shafts took 5 weeks.

That works for me! Today is week 4 on the nose ... was quoted a delivery date between May 5th to the 15th when I placed the order. 

Hope you’re enjoying the new sticks! 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Maybe it's me or the age group am in or ????

but, if waiting an extra week or two or 5 for my G425's and the wife's 710's we are about to order is the worse that happens to us all year, life is good.

Retiring to AZ this fall

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

We ordered a new dining table and we were told 12 weeks, 15 weeks and still waiting. Part for our stove on backorder with no ETA. What industries are impacted by a pandemic? All of them!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

We ordered a new dining table and we were told 12 weeks, 15 weeks and still waiting. Part for our stove on backorder with no ETA. What industries are impacted by a pandemic? All of them!

Yep. I work for a tech hardware manufacturer and we're seeing lead times on parts of nearly 30-40 weeks when a year ago we were talking 8-10, and that was a worst case scenario. It's hitting everyone, everywhere. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 5/3/2021 at 9:59 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The cargo ship accident did happen. 3 million parts is a HUGE exaggeration 😬

More like thousands.  

Off the coast of Hawaii I what the rep had told me. Hopefully it will all be recovered 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Coincidentally enough I did a ping fitting over the weekend. I still have to test the callaway and titleist drivers before making a decision but I got an email yesterday saying I ordered the ping. Contacted the club pro to ask him what was going on as I wasn’t ready to make a final decision. He sends an email back saying I’ll have plenty of time to cancel if I go with another driver because of the long lead times. He didn’t throw out a time lines, but the rep said 6 weeks is typical depending on what’s in stock

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I spoke with a Ping rep over the weekend and while he wouldn't come out and say it, he hinted that grips are one of the biggest delays in clubs right now. You might see a faster ship time if you just mention you'll take whatever grip is available in standard or midsize. 

Coincidentally, a manager at a local big box store said the word on the street is that Golf Pride will have little to no inventory by July. If you need grips and can find the ones you like, buy them now. As I left his store with about a half dozen golf pride grips in tow, I realized I was either the smartest guy in the world...or the biggest sucker. Regardless, I have 450 grips to go along with my 5,987 rolls of toilet paper. Thanks pandemic!

(Just kidding, I only have 9 rolls of toilet paper and I only bought 6 grips. I'm not a hoarder)

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

32 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I spoke with a Ping rep over the weekend and while he wouldn't come out and say it, he hinted that grips are one of the biggest delays in clubs right now. You might see a faster ship time if you just mention you'll take whatever grip is available in standard or midsize. 

Coincidentally, a manager at a local big box store said the word on the street is that Golf Pride will have little to no inventory by July. If you need grips and can find the ones you like, buy them now. As I left his store with about a half dozen golf pride grips in tow, I realized I was either the smartest guy in the world...or the biggest sucker. Regardless, I have 450 grips to go along with my 5,987 rolls of toilet paper. Thanks pandemic!

(Just kidding, I only have 9 rolls of toilet paper and I only bought 6 grips. I'm not a hoarder)

It’s no secret that GP grips are a delay. Also Nippon and dynamic gold shafts for irons are a big delay.

With woods Fujikura and px were big delays 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just got confirmation today that my order will ship out on Monday! 🙌🏼 Which puts the order time exactly a day under 5 weeks. 

@fixyurdivot did you end up ordering the G425s? 

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

I placed an order for Ping g425 irons (4-PW, and 3 Glide wedges all in AWT 2.0 steel  and g425 3-wood and g410 driver through my golf instructor. The order was placed May 11th.  The irons, wedges and 3-wood was quoted shipping the second week in June. The Driver was quoted as mid August.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a set of Ping G425 irons (4-UW) green dot with Alta CB Slate in stiff +0.5" on April 12th. I was quoted 5 weeks at the time of the order, and in the 5th week was called up and told the order would take an additional 6 weeks. Not sure how Ping could have missed the mark by more than the originally quoted delay. 

Granted, this is during a pandemic and bigger things are going on around the world, but giving someone an extended timeline to begin with and missing it by more than the original quote seems a little amateur and a loss of control on the supply chain and manufacturing timelines.   

On 5/2/2021 at 12:09 PM, sixcat said:

I ordered i210’s and Glide 3.0 wedges April 5th. Our local Ping rep told my head pro when the order was placed, it would be 8 weeks at least. 

I thought I would pop back in to this thread to update progress.  My wedges arrived May 27.   My head pro received email notification yesterday morning that the irons had shipped and would be here later in the week. 

8 weeks on the nose!  

UPDATE;

I was just informed that my Ping order will now arrive…….

Second week in July for Irons, end of June for woods, and driver will be sometime in August.

items ordered May 11, 2021, and it was verified that all components are in stock.

‘So it seems we are looking at about 8 weeks now instead of the 4 weeks as originally stated.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard

On 5/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, mikeanthony said:

Just got confirmation today that my order will ship out on Monday! 🙌🏼 Which puts the order time exactly a day under 5 weeks. 

I avoided this thread for I’ve been so frustrated with PING. 😒

Was grossly misquoted and misled on that initial shipping confirm ... when I followed up after noticing my credit card wasn’t yet charged, they said it’d be another 5 to 6 weeks. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Cxld my order. 

Ended up ordering Maltby iron heads from GolfWorks ... got them within 2 days. 

image.png

Some wildly varying experiences here with Ping orders.  Maybe my situation was made better by having everything go through the head professional at my home club?!?!?

Our local Ping rep that my head pro goes through was very open, honest and straightforward from the beginning.  He said it would likely be 8 weeks and was doubtful that it would be shorter than that.  He also reiterated, it could possibly be 10 to 12 weeks.

I was fine with the wait because I want what I want.  Not something I settle for because what I want may take some time to arrive.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, PaulST said:

Disgraceful further delays - now minimum 5 months and they still won’t confirm 

So it’s disgraceful that they don’t have the components in because there’s a lack of them across all industries so they can’t fill orders? Or is it disgraceful that they also don’t have the number of people working to meet the larger than normal demand for golf clubs over the last year plus? Is it disgraceful they can’t give a delivery time because they can’t control if or when they will get the component needed?

Did you ask them what component was holding up the order and if there was something you cold swap to get it sooner?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Ordered a G425 driver on 7/10, it shipped on 8/4.   less than 4 weeks, I can't complain about that.

Ordered 2 G425 FW's for a customer on 6/20 they shipped on or around 7/25, so just over 4 weeks.   I think things are getting better there.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 5/14/2021 at 9:31 AM, mikeanthony said:

Sorry I missed your post/question.  No, I ended up getting the ZX5's and ordered them from Fairway Jockey.  They arrived in week 7 of the 6-8 week estimate.  The heads were the long lead item and, looking at the Srixon website, they still show not available directly through them due to high demand.  

Bummer about your continued delay and now cancelled order with PING.  The G425's are a nice iron and I really went back and forth deciding.  Many of the major OEM's are still struggling with getting control on component inventories and that makes it near impossible to provide an accurate ship to customer date. 

Having played the G410's now for two years, and having tested the G425's side by side several times and during my True Spec fitting, I can tell you that they are virtually the same.  Not sure what shaft and specs you were ordering on the G425's, but maybe think about finding a used set of G410's and having them reshafted?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I ordered a G425Max 7 wood on 6/19 and I am still waiting, 7.5 weeks out.

:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX, Project X Cypher Black 40 Graphite 5.5

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

I ordered a set of G425 irons, I think in February and they arrived sometime in May, about 3 months later.  I ordered a Ping G425 driver and it took about 2 months.  I kept asking why it was taking so long, but never really received an answer.

Went through a fitting on May 17th and placed the order that day.  Received the Titleist driver & 3wood along with the Cleveland wedges 6 weeks later.  The PING hybrids came in July 20th.  Today is Aug 9th and I am still waiting on the PING irons.  Whoever said PING’s communication was poor was not correct.  Poor would be a significant improvement.

Hi Mike, and all others. I went to a PING Demo Day at my local driving range on May 15th, I wound up ordering the whole set of G425’s - Driver SFT, 7 Wood, 4 Hybrid, and Irons 5-SW. The order went in on May 21. The Driver and Hybrid came in the first week of July, so about 7 weeks. The Irons came in about a week and a half later, and the 7 Wood came in about a week after the irons. So roughly 7 - 10 weeks to receive the full bag. And by the way, they are awesome! Although I’m still adjusting to the the new clubs I’m very happy with my purchase. Hope this helps you guys still waiting on your new PING clubs and I hope you all receive them soon - you will love them! Hit em’ straight! Thanks, Ed

PING G425 SFT Driver 

PING G425 7 Wood

PING G425 4 Hybrid

PING G425 Irons 5-SW

Cleveland Huntington Beach 11 Putter