TESTERS WANTED! ×

PING Custom Iron Orders

mikeanthony

I ordered 4-PW in i210s and three Glide 3.0 wedges in 50SS, 54SS, and 58SS.  All of them custom.  All green dot, KBS Tour 120 S and mid-size Golf Pride Tour-wrap 2G, shaft and grip logos down.  Standard length except all wedges in the same length as the PW.  Told me 8-12 and the all came at the same time in 9 weeks.  

Driver:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 9° Driver w/ ALTA CB 55 Stiff (60g)

3W:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 3-wood 14.5* w/ Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff (71g)

Hybrid:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 3-hybrid 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid Tour Stiff 85 (84g)

Irons:   :ping-small: i210 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff

PNW Wedges:   :ping-small: Glide 3.0 50/54/58 SS Grind w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff

Desert/Dry Wedges:   :mizuno-small: Mizuno T24 Denim Copper 50 S/54 S/58 V w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s w/ Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball:  :maxfli: Maxfli Tour X

Bag:   :ping-small: 2021 Pioneer Cart Bag

Cart:  :Clicgear: Model 3.5

2 hours ago, Modge said:

Ordered my G425 irons end of May was told 4-6 weeks - at 7 weeks was told first week of August - now informed November - apparently Ping can’t get heads made as factory closed due to COVID

That is correct. Ping has had to temporarily closed their factory in Vietnam due to the Covid lockdown 

Dang, that is bad news for PING and their customers. Meanwhile, things appear to be opening up for their competition.  For instance, I now see that Srixon has re-opened ordering ZX series irons through their website. They have stopped allowing this twice this year; most recently since May.

For sale.  A set of G410's (4-UW) in excellent condition, $2500.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Other brands aren't doing better than Ping. I ordered a set of TaylorMade irons (P790 4i, P770 5-AW) and Cleveland wedges (RTX 56/60) through my fitter on April 9th. The 4i arrived last week. The rest is now scheduled to be delivered begin September. So 5 months of waiting... If they really arrive begin September...

Edited by Jasper279

Callaway Big Bertha (2014) driver

4W: Ping G25

4i: TM P790 (DG 120 S400)

5i-PW: TM P770 (DG 120 S400)

50/56/60: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (DG Spinner)

Putter: Ping Sigma2 Arna

This is a bad time to buy golf equipment. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Gary Player said:

Ordered my custom fit 425's in July, was told 10 weeks. Then received a call saying 12 weeks, another call saying November now, just in time for the crap weather.

Same story here.  We placed an order on June 15 for G425 irons.   PX 5.5 shaft.   Originally quoted 8/16.   Called 9/1 and was told it would ship 9/7.   Looked on our account didn’t see it shipped.  Called to check.  Now being told late October.   That will be 5 months.   Nobody knows the current situation on delays as well as I do.  Dealing with every company daily.   But that is just crazy. 

I told our customer he should switch to T3”” and offered mine as a demo if he wants to try them. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

12 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Does this delay apply to the new irons that just came out?

My understanding is the i59 is susceptible to the shaft or grip delays like the rest of the clubs. No different than other brands with recent releases

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

16 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

My understanding is the i59 is susceptible to the shaft or grip delays like the rest of the clubs. No different than other brands with recent releases

I'm hearing rumblings that a considerable number of PING's customer base and perspective new customers are choosing more reliable options. They seem to be having the worst supply chain problems and extra bad luck with operations (facility shutdowns) of the major OEM's.

I was told by several custom build shops that their current year products get priority on factory build clubs.

9 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm hearing rumblings that a considerable number of PING's customer base and perspective new customers are choosing more reliable options. They seem to be having the worst supply chain problems and extra bad luck with operations (facility shutdowns) of the major OEM's.

I was told by several custom build shops that their current year products get priority on factory build clubs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if people are looking elsewhere and at least what I’ve heard outside of trying to get staff to work the builds but from a supply perspective they were hard hit by the container sinking.

Priority for new year releases is great but if they can’t get a shaft that priority doesn’t mean much.

Nippon shafts are backordered til early next year

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Saw on another forum someone was quoted January for their i59 purchase with pretty standard order of shaft and grip. 

New equipment or not delays are there for all brands.

I was looking at stock setup on titleist yesterday and there’s an additional 3 week delay for the advertised stock shaft

You heard it here first... keep close tabs on your golf bag around the clubhouse and make sure they are locked in the car if heading to the bar!  I've just submitted for a patent and copyright on my soon to hit the market "Club-Jack" anti-theft system.  MGS forum members, naturally, get a discount 👍

13 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

You heard it here first... keep close tabs on your golf bag around the clubhouse and make sure they are locked in the car if heading to the bar!  I've just submitted for a patent and copyright on my soon to hit the market "Club-Jack" anti-theft system.  MGS forum members, naturally, get a discount 👍

Wait! You did this wrong! Your very first post EVER on MGS is supposed to be advertising for a product you own/make/sell!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Nobody knows the current situation on delays as well as I do.  Dealing with every company daily.

Rob, you could make this a whole lot easier for us by preparing the very short list of what can be obtained in the current calendar year 🤣.  What a mess.

I was just on Fairway Jockey's website and looking at their custom clubs section.  17 pages of offerings but not a single PING 😲.  No special announcement/notes, just flat not shown.  It suggests they are simply not offering to build PING clubs until the production woes get under control.

Ha! Ping Customer Service hours only takes calls from 7am MST - 11am MST. Four hours/day Monday - Friday. 

Even they've had enough of the 'where's my stuff?!' phone calls. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

37 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Ha! Ping Customer Service hours only takes calls from 7am MST - 11am MST. Four hours/day Monday - Friday. 

Even they've had enough of the 'where's my stuff?!' phone calls. 

They are probably working on builds or repairs to help fill the gaps in the workforce and meet demands. Their execs have been working the build line for awhile 

I actually just received and order from Ping that I made July 17.  G710 5-U with Alta CB shafts. Originally I had specified the GP MCC+4 in orange but after a call to them last week I switched to the grey. My order was sitting at the end of the line waiting for grips for weeks. If you  are flexible, give them a call and see if there are any options that you are open to. After the fact I am quite glad that I changed the color on the grips. The orange would have clashed with the red script on the shafts and bothered me. 

This all being said, I am still waiting on my hybrids and fairway wood. Hopefully they come in today. 

84F80E10-3BA4-47F9-916E-6C10ADCE44ED.jpeg

BEA3BEA6-41CC-4434-ADAF-2ED2E9233D52.jpeg

Mizuno STZ driver, Ping G425 3wood, 3 and 4 hybrid, Ping G710 irons, 5-aw, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Ping Anser putter. 

On 4/30/2021 at 5:57 PM, mikeanthony said:

For any of you Spies that have ordered custom irons from PING in the past 6 months ... how long did it take till you rcvd your order? 

Got fitted and ordered G425’s on May 17th.  Received them Sept 4.  Was told there was a problem getting the shafts. Really pleased with them but damn, it sure took a long time to get them.  By the way ordered Titleist TSI2 driver & 3 wood and 2 Cleveland wedges. Got those 4 clubs in 6 weeks.

It’s clear that all major golf OEMs are suffering from supply chain issues, but for whatever reason, PING seems to be affected more severely. And I somewhat wish I had been more patient before canceling my order at/around the 8 week mark. Kudos to y’all for sticking it out with the wait times.

Heck, the Cobra Connect Challenge still hasn’t started for some of the competitors have yet to rcv their full set of clubs. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

12 hours ago, DblDwn said:

I ordered a new set of custom Mizuno JPX 921 Forged in June and I am still waiting for them to arrive.  8 weeks ... I wish!  Haha.

Chris Voshall mentioned yesterday in a zoom call that is the reason they pushed the release of the new Mizuno Pro line from this fall until February 2022.   They didn’t want people ordering the new line when they couldn’t get the current line.  

Br pretty much assured that the Mizuno Pro line will be ready to ship when it’s available. We shall see. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

11 hours ago, Paul Kopp said:

Got fitted and ordered G425’s on May 17th.  Received them Sept 4.  Was told there was a problem getting the shafts. Really pleased with them but damn, it sure took a long time to get them.  By the way ordered Titleist TSI2 driver & 3 wood and 2 Cleveland wedges. Got those 4 clubs in 6 weeks.

Paul, this will be all your fault, you've reignited my itch for these irons, Lol ... my PING specs are Green Dot at 3/4" over standard length, and have used the Pro Modus 105S in my previous two iron sets. 

Went to 2ndswing this morning and they somehow have, IN STOCK, NEW green dot G425 that are a 1/2" over standard, but in their AWT 2.0 shafts. When I went to Dick's back in April, both the AWTs and 105s had very similar numbers from the 7iron, and I went with comfort in the 105s when I ordered them. Additionally, Nippon manufactures PING's AWT line of shafts ... so, we'll see! 

Did next day overnight shipping. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

They didn’t want people ordering the new line when they couldn’t get the current line.  

Smart, customer oriented, decision 👍.

After an 8 year layoff from golf due to business obligations, I re-joined my country club and decided to upgrade my old sticks. On 9/1/21, my PGA pro fitted me and I ordered 5-U G425 irons, G425 MAX Driver & 3 wood and a PING Hoofer bag.

I was told 8 weeks for delivery by the Pro and the last 3 weeks have seemed like 3 months. I guess I just want to ****** a little, but If delivery is anywhere near 8 weeks, I'll consider myself lucky. Meanwhile I'm still hitting Taylor Made irons, a Cobra driver, TM tour burner 3 wood, hybrids and wedges and a PING putter that I will be sticking with. All of my current equipment is between 10 and 15 years old. 

Bottom line is that I don't have much confidence that I'll get what I ordered in 8 week, COVID still sucks!