TESTERS WANTED! ×

PING Custom Iron Orders

mikeanthony

I work in the industry at a retailer. Ping sent out a mass email about production issues for components in Vietnam. Everything is delayed until the covid shut down ends over there. Then you have to worry about shipping wether it be on ships or flown over. It’s sad to know that covid is affecting everything and unfortunate for those waiting. Keep your heads up chaps and just be patient. 

TaylorMade M3 irons and mix match everything else. 

My wife was fitted by Ping in July, G425 woods and Irons. The woods dribbled in about 6-8 weeks. We are still waiting on the irons and are being told November. At that point it won’t matter for us as our season will be over here in Ontario. As long as the are here by April we will be ok. We haven’t paid for them yet either.

I personally waited over 13 weeks for TSi D,3w & 3h early in the season.

Every industry is affected unfortunately. As frustrating as it is, there is nothing we can do but be patient and wait it out.

:titelist-small: TSi4 10° w/ stiff Tensei White                         

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° w/ stiff Tensei White

:titelist-small: TSi2 19° w/ stiff Tensei White

:ping-small: I-Blade 4-PW +1" Blue Dot

:titelist-small: Vokey SM5 52°,56°,60°

:odyssey-small: O-Works Tank 7

:titelist-small: AVX

:Arccos:

Link

5 minutes ago, gmbmtl said:

It is not just Ping , all companies are having major issues delivering on time. If it isn’t heads , it’s shafts or grips. The golf business has boomed due to COVID but the companies have not been able to follow. 

It really has very little to do with the companies themselves. The supply chain has been a disaster for a year, it doesn't matter what it is, it's a problem. 

Ping's issues are exacerbated by the fact that their plants are in Vietnam that are continually shutting down. 

I work on the export side from the US, it's a mess but the import side is way worse. Just one example we had some containers stuck in a trans shipment port for 7 weeks. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

5 hours ago, ClarkWGriswoldIII said:

...and by the time we get them they will be last year's models. 

Yes, it is a sad fact...but, even though you have a last year's model, (still new), come this spring there won't be any THIS year models available, so are still ahead of the curve. Good luck and try to have fun regardless.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Ordered them in February 21 and am still waiting. Uk order. Cancelled order last week after 30 years a ping player am collecting a new set of Mizuno’s today 

Currently playing Ping i500’s, TaylorMade Sim Driver, callaway driving irons/ 18/21/24 degrees, Japanese putter( Sukira forged) TaylorMade high toe wedges. Play twice a week and practice when ever I can 

6 hours ago, Colin Doherty /Doggers 61 said:

Ordered them in February 21 and am still waiting. Uk order. Cancelled order last week after 30 years a ping player am collecting a new set of Mizuno’s today 

Totally understandable.  It sounds like they, more so than the other OEM's, had the worst hand from the deck of Covid cards (supply chain locations, lost shipments, etc.). I sure hope PING gets through this in the long run. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

It will be 5 weeks tomorrow since ordering the G425 irons on September 1. They originally told my PGA Club Pro & fitter to expect 8 weeks for delivery. I'm fortunate that my Pro has played PINGS for 30+ years and sends PING a lot of business. They are now telling him the 8 weeks is date is still good which would be late October. For what it's worth. 

It seems like there was a short period of time early in the year that PING orders were getting through the build process with only 3-6 weeks delay... then the bottom fell out. 

When I ordered my ZX5's through Fairway Jockey (now owned by True Spec), on 5/26, they told me to add 4-6 weeks longer than their current 4-6 week build time if I chose the G425's.  The ZX5's arrived just short of 7 weeks ARO.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, PXG is having product sales and shipping inside 2 weeks... bonkers.

25 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It seems like there was a short period of time early in the year that PING orders were getting through the build process with only 3-6 weeks delay... then the bottom fell out. 

When I ordered my ZX5's through Fairway Jockey (now owned by True Spec), on 5/26, they told me to add 4-6 weeks longer than their current 4-6 week build time if I chose the G425's.  The ZX5's arrived just short of 7 weeks ARO.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, PXG is having product sales and shipping inside 2 weeks... bonkers.

It started and has continued to get worse once Vietnam shutdown. There nothing being made.

As for PXG they have limited shaft options compared to earlier in the year but they were able to offer most of them because they stocked up on shafts and they have had a lot of head inventory on hand. Their heads are made in China and other than shipping delays of future heads they will be able to sell and ship clubs pretty quick. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Getting caught up on this thread and I’m disappointed to read that there’s no positive news on the horizon. 😕

If it’s any consolation, I will say that now that I’ve got the G425 irons, I regret canceling my initial order after 10 or so weeks. And who knows if I would’ve rcvd that initial order by now … but after 2 weeks with the new sticks, I absolutely love ‘em. 

These irons are worth the wait, albeit the communicating of timeline could’ve been better across the board. 

I’ll add that 2ndswing has brand new in stock, Green and White Dot irons … and used Blue Dot. 

https://www.2ndswing.com/ping/golf-irons-and-iron-sets/g425/?facet=ManufacturerID:405#used

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Yep - me too, 3, 4, 999...  Ordered i210s, Green Dot, Steel shaft on July 7th.  Just told maybe in November...  They are left-handed, but still - it's a looooong time - glad my MP-32s still have some semblance of grooves...

Edited by ToddyGraham

Southpaw: M5, MP-32s, Scotty

12 hours ago, Andrew Steele said:

I've been waiting 6 yes six months for my irons. 

I'm the one who has to do the chasing. No one seems to be bothered. Very poor customer service. I think I'll hang onto my old Clevelands.

What do you want them to do? Call you once a week to tell you we still don’t have the equipment in house to build your clubs? Or that their facilities overseas are still shut down and they can’t make clubs?

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Three years ago . . . I love my I 500 irons but when I ordered just 3 clubs, 8-9-w, they made them wrong, white dot instead of black.  oh well.  I'd prefer good design and bad delivery over bad design and good delivery.  not like we can't use whatever we have until the new TOYS arrive.

Driver: PXG 0211, A flex Evnflo Riptide (2021). And an old Callaway 454 TI (2004) on regular flex.

3 W: Callaway Steelhead Xr A flex Tensei CK 55 gram. The rest are Regular flex.

5 W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hybrid iron, GFF, even tho it is a hollow body iron.

6,7,8,9,wedge: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex shafts.

Gap wedges: 52 x 9 Mizuno forged S5, wedge shaft; 60 x 6 Mizuno forged T7, wedge shaft.

Sand: Old original Hogan Sure Out on Apex original shaft, probably 56 / 12.

Chipper:  (yep I carry a chipper) old Don Martin "Up n In" bronze? copper? 🙂

Putter: Just switched Jan 2024 to a Odyssey Stroke lab "R" Ball with the 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

I have a friend who works locally tell me that ping has brought back some of their club making to the USA. His company in particular is making the hosels and ferrules. I would assume it mean other parts were made here as well as it would be counterintuitive  financially to then ship across the the world to have clubs built. Raw materials is still an issue but I would think it due time this would help some of the time issues

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

2 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I have a friend who works locally tell me that ping has brought back some of their club making to the USA. His company in particular is making the hosels and ferrules. I would assume it mean other parts were made here as well as it would be counterintuitive  financially to then ship across the the world to have clubs built. Raw materials is still an issue but I would think it due time this would help some of the time issues

Ping assembles in the USA as do several other brands. They get their heads from overseas factories as do the shaft manufacturers. 

Ping has had a job advertisement to work in Phoenix for club builders on their website for at least the last year, my guess is probably longer. 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Ping has had a job advertisement to work in Phoenix for club builders on their website for at least the last year, my guess is probably longer.

I always thought about fun part time jobs to do after retirement.  Building fly rods at RL Winston (who are only 20 miles from us), cutting grass at a golf course, and building golf clubs were on the list.  I retired in 2016 and haven't done any.  But we are likely relocating to AZ for our primary residence and the last two on the list could still be in play.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:51 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I just ordered a set of ZX5's w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts. I was initially told 6-8wks for delivery, but when I followed-up with the fitter he told me that Srixon couldn't get a hold of S400's until January/February, so now I'm looking at 12-16wks at the earliest.

I didn't want to change the shafts since they were head and shoulders the best fit.

The whole supply chain is a mess right now.

Driver: 2016 M1 230

3W: Sim2 Ti

3H: Ping G 19deg

4-PW: Callaway Strata

52, 56, 60: Kirkland

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

9 minutes ago, SonOfJeepers said:

I just ordered a set of ZX5's w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts. I was initially told 6-8wks for delivery, but when I followed-up with the fitter he told me that Srixon couldn't get a hold of S400's until January/February, so now I'm looking at 12-16wks at the earliest.

I didn't want to change the shafts since they were head and shoulders the best fit.

The whole supply chain is a mess right now.

That's a bummer.  Choice of certain components seems to just add to the challenge.  Fortunately my MMT shafts weren't an issue.  In fact, the last Fairway Jockey update prior to the "order is finished and headed your way" was that they were waiting for the PW and AW heads. That added a couple weeks.  

I really think you'll love the ZX5's.  They look small but play big. I see you are in Ontario, so I would presume your golf days from here through the ETA for your clubs are limited - maybe takes a little of the sting out of the wait.

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's a bummer.  Choice of certain components seems to just add to the challenge.  Fortunately my MMT shafts weren't an issue.  In fact, the last Fairway Jockey update prior to the "order is finished and headed your way" was that they were waiting for the PW and AW heads. That added a couple weeks.  

I really think you'll love the ZX5's.  They look small but play big. I see you are in Ontario, so I would presume your golf days from here through the ETA for your clubs are limited - maybe takes a little of the sting out of the wait.

It does take the sting out a bit. I intentionally had my fitting this month since I had heard rumblings of the supply chain delays. Even the 6-8 weeks delivery may have given me 1-2 outings before Old Man Winter shut things down, but I was hoping to have them for my winter sim league. I guess my Strata boxed set irons will get one final run before becoming clubs for my father-in-law when he visits.

I loved the look and feel. My fitting came down to T200 vs ZX5, and the v-sole won the day since I am working on my low point and the v-sole saves the fat hits. I really could have used them this Fall in the super wet conditions we're currently experiencing.

Driver: 2016 M1 230

3W: Sim2 Ti

3H: Ping G 19deg

4-PW: Callaway Strata

52, 56, 60: Kirkland

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

Well, I tracked down the order number for my club today (ordered June 19th)and contacted Ping for an update.  The response-

Thank you for providing us with the order number. I am currently showing the order in a back order status due to us being out of the 7 wood head. I spoke with the customer service manager and the gave an estimated time frame for the order to ship out December 2021 to February 2022. Until we are provided a date from our supplier on when more heads will be arriving to PING we can not given an exact time frame. 

Ugh.

:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX, Project X Cypher Black 40 Graphite 5.5

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter