TESTERS WANTED! ×

PING Custom Iron Orders

mikeanthony

I thought that I would offer and update on my order. I ordered G425 Driver, 3-wood and 5 thru U wedge G425 irons on September 1st. I received the woods in about 30 days and I love them. Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since ordering and I have a text into my golf pro that also fitted me and placed the order. He has been trying to track the progress of my clubs and he still thinks the 8 week time frame is a possibility. Meanwhile, I'm still using my well used Taylor Made irons and dreaming of my PINGs.

When I hear back from my Pro, I'll share the news. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Eat a peach!

Nothing worse than paying upfront and then having to wait! I ordered a set i59’s(5-W) and an i210 4 iron with project x LS 6.0 shafts and arccos grips on 9/20. Received 10/23…. 
I was in shock when the shop called to say they were in; I figured it be at least until Christmas before I got them. I’m glad I didn’t deviate from stock shaft/grip options as I think that’s what’s delaying a lot of orders…

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, mikeanthony said:

Could not be happier at the moment! 😃🤩

And I cannot overstate how nice the color way is on PINGs G425 line … very classy. 👌🏼 

EF80AC68-61B5-4174-A7AD-7AF64E951C78.jpeg

So I am really late to the game on this thread but I was admiring your irons in this photo. One thing I noticed was in your signature, you are using the PW which is a 44.5* loft then your next club is a 54* Vokey. That's a pretty massive gap from one to the other. Not sure if you were aware of that or not or if your signature was just incomplete. If you were, carry on and ignore this post. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

My uncle plays Titleist T200 irons and he had no idea that they were "loft jacked" and had a bigger gap in his wedges than he realized. For him, ignorance was bliss.

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

On 10/29/2021 at 12:31 AM, Micah T said:

Nothing worse than paying upfront and then having to wait! I ordered a set i59’s(5-W) and an i210 4 iron with project x LS 6.0 shafts and arccos grips on 9/20. Received 10/23…. 
I was in shock when the shop called to say they were in; I figured it be at least until Christmas before I got them. I’m glad I didn’t deviate from stock shaft/grip options as I think that’s what’s delaying a lot of orders…

Woah. Woah. Back it up … you legit got the i59 irons??? 😍 If so, HELL FREAKIN YESSS!

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

4 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

So I am really late to the game on this thread but I was admiring your irons in this photo. One thing I noticed was in your signature, you are using the PW which is a 44.5* loft then your next club is a 54* Vokey. That's a pretty massive gap from one to the other. Not sure if you were aware of that or not or if your signature was just incomplete. If you were, carry on and ignore this post. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

My uncle plays Titleist T200 irons and he had no idea that they were "loft jacked" and had a bigger gap in his wedges than he realized. For him, ignorance was bliss.

4 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Yessir! 😎 Got that squared away … 

… still over the moon with these irons.

Side note, I’m annoyed that none of the PING distributors offer custom options with the PING Glide 3.0 wedges. 😒 Not a fan of PING’s Glide Pro Forged bounce options. Happy with my Vokeys, but they’re close to 3 years old now and worn out. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

3 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Woah. Woah. Back it up … you legit got the i59 irons??? 😍 If so, HELL FREAKIN YESSS!

Sure did: it only took 4 weeks and change from order to delivery.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

It has been 11 weeks since I ordered my PING G425 irons, 5 through U wedge. Has anyone out there actually received their custom ordered PING G425 irons recently? Does anyone know how long new custom orders are taking. Originally PING was telling customers 8 weeks? Any updates would be appreciated.   

Edited by rblagg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this will be my last post regarding my custom PING irons that I ordered on Sept. 1. The PGA pro at our club called PING a few days ago and they are telling him that the new target date for delivery is now mid January. I've worried and waited in anticipation long enough. Next time I post, I will have the irons in my bag be it mid January or when ever. 

8 minutes ago, rblagg said:

Well, this will be my last post regarding my custom PING irons that I ordered on Sept. 1. The PGA pro at our club called PING a few days ago and they are telling him that the new target date for delivery is now mid January. I've worried and waited in anticipation long enough. Next time I post, I will have the irons in my bag be it mid January or when ever. 

Why wait to post?   you can post an engage more than just telling us you are waiting for clubs

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

25 minutes ago, rblagg said:

So you are only here to either 1) complain about delays in your order which btw affects all industries or 2) just give everyone updates on the delivery status?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:29 PM, rblagg said:

It has been 11 weeks since I ordered my PING G425 irons, 5 through U wedge. Has anyone out there actually received their custom ordered PING G425 irons recently. Does anyone know how long new custom orders are taking. Originally PING was telling customers 8 weeks. Any updates would be appreciated.   

Bummer to hear PING is still dealing with this degree of supply chain/build issues.  It sounds like they, more than any other OEM, experienced the worst of it.  Hopefully they'll arrive sooner than later.  On a positive note, those that have put them in the bag are liking them a lot.  That does not surprise me in the least as they were runner-up to the ZX5's.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Bummer to hear PING is still dealing with this degree of supply chain/build issues.  It sounds like they, more than any other OEM, experienced the worst of it.  Hopefully they'll arrive sooner than later.  On a positive note, those that have put them in the bag are liking them a lot.  That does not surprise me in the least as they were runner-up to the ZX5's.

Ping has a single source for where their clubs are made and the country was in lockdown for awhile over the summer. That made their already extensive backlog even worse 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Ping has a single source for where their clubs are made and the country was in lockdown for awhile over the summer. That made their already extensive backlog even worse 

Wow, even the most ardent PING fans may be swayed to bag another brand.  I haven't been keeping up with the latest on the golf product shortages, but some of these delays are just bonkers. 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, even the most ardent PING fans may be swayed to bag another brand.  I haven't been keeping up with the latest on the golf product shortages, but some of these delays are just bonkers. 

You'd think they'd try to garner some good will from the people delayed from getting their clubs by their Vietnam supplier shut down by offering them something for the inconvenience, but I'm not holding my breath.  At the same time I ordered my club from Ping (6/19/21) I ordered Mizuno irons.  They took an inordinate 7 weeks for the Mizunos due to unexpected demand while Ping was apparently running on such a small excess that they could not keep up and I am now going into my 7th month.  An embarrassing black eye for a company with a very good reputation up to now.

:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX, Project X Cypher Black 40 Graphite 5.5

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

22 minutes ago, ClarkWGriswoldIII said:

You'd think they'd try to garner some good will from the people delayed from getting their clubs by their Vietnam supplier shut down by offering them something for the inconvenience, but I'm not holding my breath.  At the same time I ordered my club from Ping (6/19/21) I ordered Mizuno irons.  They took an inordinate 7 weeks for the Mizunos due to unexpected demand while Ping was apparently running on such a small excess that they could not keep up and I am now going into my 7th month.  An embarrassing black eye for a company with a very good reputation up to now.

"Give me something free because your supply chain was impacted by COVID and you made sure your employees stayed safe and healthy!!!" 

giphy.gif

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

17 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

"Give me something free because your supply chain was impacted by COVID and you made sure your employees stayed safe and healthy!!!" 

giphy.gif

It was the Vietnamese government that shut down the plants, not Ping, but regardless I agree it was the right thing to do.  That being said, Ping should have been as well prepared as other manufacturers and they clearly were not.  They also could have been much better in communicating with those put off.  It was a suggestion as to how they might maintain some good will, not a demand for something.

Edited by ClarkWGriswoldIII

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

3 hours ago, ClarkWGriswoldIII said:

I hear what your saying but not sure what in the form of "good will" they can offer.  A free hat, bag towel, ??? I'm sure in retrospect, they would have done things differently so as not to leave themselves so exposed/single threaded. I doubt many if any companies planned out a worldwide pandemic... but I'll bet many will moving forward.

It's been mentioned by a few forums that there was quite a bit of inventory lost at sea.  Does anyone have further details about this? 

In my professional life, I am a Customer Experience strategy and technology consultant, so I have a strong opinion about how the OEMs have handled the supply chain issues related to the pandemic. My issue with the OEMs is not the fact that orders are delayed for a long time or what seems like infinitely delayed. That is understandable with all the things going on in the world. My issue is the lack of transparency with customers. If they don't know when components will be available, its okay to tell your customers that you don't know, but you should be more transparent about the situation in terms of what is going on. In addition, the timeliness of responding to customer's inquiries, or even not responding at all is a poor way to operate. Not having enough manpower to respond to all customers is not a good excuse. There are communication channels to broadly communicate with customers what is going on such as social media, through their distribution channels (i.e. retailers), etc., which would likely have reduced the individual inquiries going direct to the OEM. I had a good experience with a smaller company in the industry, Stewart, the maker of electric trolleys. I had ordered a cart from one of their authorized retailers, and the expected delivery date got extended out by at least 8 weeks. However, the owner of Stewart wrote a letter, explaining the situation with empathy to their customers, and distributed it to their customers via the retailers. These types of things are the difference between a good customer experience and a bad customer experience during challenging times. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

My issue with the OEMs is not the fact that orders are delayed for a long time or what seems like infinitely delayed. That is understandable with all the things going on in the world. My issue is the lack of transparency with customers. If they don't know when components will be available, its okay to tell your customers that you don't know, but you should be more transparent about the situation in terms of what is going on. In addition, the timeliness of responding to customer's inquiries, or even not responding at all is a poor way to operate. Not having enough manpower to respond to all customers is not a good excuse. There are communication channels to broadly communicate with customers what is going on such as social media, through their distribution channels (i.e. retailers), etc., which would likely have reduced the individual inquiries going direct to the OEM.

Thur give dates based on their monthly order requests. If those requests don’t get to the company then they can’t fill orders. The component companies are at the mercy of supply chain as well. If their product is delayed then they can’t get it to the club companies to allow them to build clubs.

As to communication in case you haven’t noticed there is a huge shortage of workers and yes these companies are also impacted by that or in some cases they can’t get people in to the office to work because for a period of time there were restrictions on capacity indoors. As someone who works remotely communication isn’t always as efficient as one would think or like. So communicating to retailers, emails, phone calls, DMs on social media isn’t easy especially when those departments are usually pretty small to start with. Not sure if you looked at the various websites or messed around with building clubs on their sites but all the ones I’ve looked at that do online orders lost either the lead time for their orders and then when you select the different parts it updates the expected lead time, or like TaylorMade does they tell you during checkout what the ship date on each component is so you can see where the delay would be and you can then choose a different component and see if it improves or worsens the ship date 

But since you have the experience and know how you should sell your services to thee brands and rake in the cash for fixing their issues. Companies are always looking for problem solvers 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Thur give dates based on their monthly order requests. If those requests don’t get to the company then they can’t fill orders. The component companies are at the mercy of supply chain as well. If their product is delayed then they can’t get it to the club companies to allow them to build clubs.

As to communication in case you haven’t noticed there is a huge shortage of workers and yes these companies are also impacted by that or in some cases they can’t get people in to the office to work because for a period of time there were restrictions on capacity indoors. As someone who works remotely communication isn’t always as efficient as one would think or like. So communicating to retailers, emails, phone calls, DMs on social media isn’t easy especially when those departments are usually pretty small to start with. Not sure if you looked at the various websites or messed around with building clubs on their sites but all the ones I’ve looked at that do online orders lost either the lead time for their orders and then when you select the different parts it updates the expected lead time, or like TaylorMade does they tell you during checkout what the ship date on each component is so you can see where the delay would be and you can then choose a different component and see if it improves or worsens the ship date 

But since you have the experience and know how you should sell your services to thee brands and rake in the cash for fixing their issues. Companies are always looking for problem solvers 

I'm not saying I know it all, just providing some of my thoughts. Also, in regards to the lead times, yes some OEMs do it better than others. Taylormade has a good order management system with updating dates based on component selection, so does Callaway.

When I was first placing an order with Titleist, they just had a blanket statement about lead time for all custom orders. Looks like now they have made some changes to update the lead time based on component selection. Maybe I just had a bad experience with Titleist? Before I placed my pre-order a while back, the retailer confirmed with Titleist that the shaft selection I had made was in-stock and the lead time was 4 weeks. A couple of days before the expected ship date, the retailer confirmed that everything was good to go and my order was in line to be built. My order was delayed further, and then I finally heard that Titleist never had that shaft in-stock at any point, so the messaging I was getting was confusing.

When you say those departments are small, I think you are referring to the customer service departments. That is true, but customer service isn't the only department that should be responsible for customer experience. The Sales teams are communicating with their customers (retailers) with some sort of normal frequency, and this is another channel to get their messaging out to consumers (not individual inquiries, but just broader messaging). Stewart, which is much smaller than the OEMs, was just an example i wanted to point out that I think did a good job of being more transparent with customers by sending out a simple letter via their distribution channels. image001.png.227bfb9ac8adb160e606502e59d1e7ad.png

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I talked to my club pro who said that he had one customer that has been waiting for over 3 months for his 425 irons and Ping told him (this was in mid November) that he could expect the clubs anywhere from December to late January.

WITB:

Driver - Callaway BB Alpha 9* Kuro Kage 50g. Reg. Shaft - 45"

3 Wood - Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Pro 14.5* Project X 5.5

5 Wood - Callaway XR 19* Project X 5.5

3 - 5 Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Hybrids 18*, 22*, & 25* w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft

6 - PW - Callaway Apex w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft - Standard length & lofts 

GW, SW & LW - Hogan TK - 49*, 54* & 58* - KBS fst - Wedge flex

Putter - Ping - Mid Ketsch Heavy - 33"

ordered a single i500 iron (i play a split set of iBlades and i500s) took about 4 weeks.

WITB - Ping G400 LST - HZRZ 6.0

3W - Ping G400 - Ping Tour 75

3h - Ping G410 - Evenflow 6.0

4,5 irons - Ping i500

6-PW - Ping iBlade

52,56 & 60 - Ping Glide Forged

Putter(s) - a few

22 hours ago, dlow206 said:

The Sales teams are communicating with their customers (retailers) with some sort of normal frequency, and this is another channel to get their messaging out to consumers (not individual inquiries, but just broader messaging).

Having a friend who is a rep for one of the brands and several friends who are on the retail shop side of things I can tell you that the sales reps don’t have as much information as people think they do. When it comes to new releases those in golf forums tend to have more of a heads up than the sales rep, shops where the sales person and/or fitter isn’t a member on a forum tends to know very little about releases too and only find out when the sales rep actually gets demos in to show to their accounts.

Titleist has some of the strictest Q, processes in the business and also tend to carry the least amount of shaft inventory on site. If they get a shaft shipment in on let’s say DG S300 and a shaft fails their QC checks they send the entire order back, even if it was 1000 shafts. So that delays their ability to build any club with s300s until they get the next order in and rinse and repeat the process. A friend of mine about 4 years had to wait months for his clubs because of shaft issues. It got to the point the rep made some calls and they pulled a set of shafts from truck to build his clubs. This year Titleist has removed the c taper and c taper lite from their matrix because the backorder was so long that it wasn’t worth allowing customers to order.

As for the sales rep communicating to their clients they have to call or email back to their contacts at hq to get any type of status and they basically get the same information that’s relayed when a customer calls in to request a status on orders. 

Some brands like Ping rotate their staff thru various positions during the course of the year like inside sales aka customer service, repair shop, fittings and so on. 

In this current climate everything is very fluid on a day to day basis. A partial or no delivery to the company causes lots of delays and that cascades down the chain.

Lots of people complaining and offering opinions on what or how these companies should be doing things without understanding how any of it works. 

• 4 weeks later...

My G4325Max 7-wood came in today.  Ordered 6/19/21, delivered 1/7/22.  202 days total.  Now the wait 'til spring!

10 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Titleist took them off the matrix over a month ago because there was no info from kbs when they would be available 

For left handed Ping 425 fairway which was ordered in December, delivery date is April 15th.  Left handed irons and driver scheduled for delivery March 23rd.

Mavrik 10.5, Green NV

TM Stealth2 - 3w, 5w

Mizuno JPX 900 Hotmetal irons, LZ Graphite

Mizuno JPX Hi-Fli - 4 & 5 Hybrid

Cleveland CBX Wedges, KBS Hi Rev

Odyssey Eleven with SLB, SS 2.0

On 4/30/2021 at 6:57 PM, mikeanthony said:

For any of you Spies that have ordered custom irons from PING in the past 6 months ... how long did it take till you rcvd your order? 

we had a demo day/fitting in early December. Ordered G 425 irons and looking at mid February hopefully,