PING Custom Iron Orders

mikeanthony

12 hours ago, Andrew Steele said:

I've been waiting 6 yes six months for my irons. 

I'm the one who has to do the chasing. No one seems to be bothered. Very poor customer service. I think I'll hang onto my old Clevelands.

What do you want them to do? Call you once a week to tell you we still don’t have the equipment in house to build your clubs? Or that their facilities overseas are still shut down and they can’t make clubs?

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Three years ago . . . I love my I 500 irons but when I ordered just 3 clubs, 8-9-w, they made them wrong, white dot instead of black.  oh well.  I'd prefer good design and bad delivery over bad design and good delivery.  not like we can't use whatever we have until the new TOYS arrive.

Driver  Callaway Epic on Recoil F2 (senior) flex

Three wood is TM Burner Superfast 3.0 on M (mature) flex

3H Old Adams A3OS red boxster on stock Graffaloy Platinum reg shaft

3 MP 18 MMC and 4 GFF hybrid Mizuno irons

5 Mizu hybrid Fli-hi

6 - W Ping I 500 irons on Recoil F3 reg flex shafts

Wedges:  Mizuno blue 52 09, 60 06, and old original Hogan Sure-out 56 14 sand

Chipper (yep I carry a chipper) old Don Martin Up n In bronze 

Putter Musty wood mallet, sometimes switch with my Scotty Cameron Futura X counter weight face balanced

I have a friend who works locally tell me that ping has brought back some of their club making to the USA. His company in particular is making the hosels and ferrules. I would assume it mean other parts were made here as well as it would be counterintuitive  financially to then ship across the the world to have clubs built. Raw materials is still an issue but I would think it due time this would help some of the time issues

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

2 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I have a friend who works locally tell me that ping has brought back some of their club making to the USA. His company in particular is making the hosels and ferrules. I would assume it mean other parts were made here as well as it would be counterintuitive  financially to then ship across the the world to have clubs built. Raw materials is still an issue but I would think it due time this would help some of the time issues

Ping assembles in the USA as do several other brands. They get their heads from overseas factories as do the shaft manufacturers. 

Ping has had a job advertisement to work in Phoenix for club builders on their website for at least the last year, my guess is probably longer. 

• Like 1

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Ping has had a job advertisement to work in Phoenix for club builders on their website for at least the last year, my guess is probably longer.

I always thought about fun part time jobs to do after retirement.  Building fly rods at RL Winston (who are only 20 miles from us), cutting grass at a golf course, and building golf clubs were on the list.  I retired in 2016 and haven't done any.  But we are likely relocating to AZ for our primary residence and the last two on the list could still be in play.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

On 10/5/2021 at 7:51 PM, fixyurdivot said:

It seems like there was a short period of time early in the year that PING orders were getting through the build process with only 3-6 weeks delay... then the bottom fell out. 

When I ordered my ZX5's through Fairway Jockey (now owned by True Spec), on 5/26, they told me to add 4-6 weeks longer than their current 4-6 week build time if I chose the G425's.  The ZX5's arrived just short of 7 weeks ARO.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, PXG is having product sales and shipping inside 2 weeks... bonkers.

I just ordered a set of ZX5's w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts. I was initially told 6-8wks for delivery, but when I followed-up with the fitter he told me that Srixon couldn't get a hold of S400's until January/February, so now I'm looking at 12-16wks at the earliest.

I didn't want to change the shafts since they were head and shoulders the best fit.

The whole supply chain is a mess right now.

• Sad 1

Driver: 2016 M1 230

3W: Sim2 Ti

3H: Ping G 19deg

4-PW: Callaway Strata

52, 56, 60: Kirkland

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

9 minutes ago, SonOfJeepers said:

I just ordered a set of ZX5's w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts. I was initially told 6-8wks for delivery, but when I followed-up with the fitter he told me that Srixon couldn't get a hold of S400's until January/February, so now I'm looking at 12-16wks at the earliest.

I didn't want to change the shafts since they were head and shoulders the best fit.

The whole supply chain is a mess right now.

That's a bummer.  Choice of certain components seems to just add to the challenge.  Fortunately my MMT shafts weren't an issue.  In fact, the last Fairway Jockey update prior to the "order is finished and headed your way" was that they were waiting for the PW and AW heads. That added a couple weeks.  

I really think you'll love the ZX5's.  They look small but play big. I see you are in Ontario, so I would presume your golf days from here through the ETA for your clubs are limited - maybe takes a little of the sting out of the wait.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's a bummer.  Choice of certain components seems to just add to the challenge.  Fortunately my MMT shafts weren't an issue.  In fact, the last Fairway Jockey update prior to the "order is finished and headed your way" was that they were waiting for the PW and AW heads. That added a couple weeks.  

I really think you'll love the ZX5's.  They look small but play big. I see you are in Ontario, so I would presume your golf days from here through the ETA for your clubs are limited - maybe takes a little of the sting out of the wait.

It does take the sting out a bit. I intentionally had my fitting this month since I had heard rumblings of the supply chain delays. Even the 6-8 weeks delivery may have given me 1-2 outings before Old Man Winter shut things down, but I was hoping to have them for my winter sim league. I guess my Strata boxed set irons will get one final run before becoming clubs for my father-in-law when he visits.

I loved the look and feel. My fitting came down to T200 vs ZX5, and the v-sole won the day since I am working on my low point and the v-sole saves the fat hits. I really could have used them this Fall in the super wet conditions we're currently experiencing.

• Like 1

Driver: 2016 M1 230

3W: Sim2 Ti

3H: Ping G 19deg

4-PW: Callaway Strata

52, 56, 60: Kirkland

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

Well, I tracked down the order number for my club today (ordered June 19th)and contacted Ping for an update.  The response-

Thank you for providing us with the order number. I am currently showing the order in a back order status due to us being out of the 7 wood head. I spoke with the customer service manager and the gave an estimated time frame for the order to ship out December 2021 to February 2022. Until we are provided a date from our supplier on when more heads will be arriving to PING we can not given an exact time frame. 

Ugh.

• Sad 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max Driver, 9*, Project X HZRDUS Smoke 50g

:callaway-small: Epic Max 3-wood,  Project X HZRDUS Smoke 

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

:Sub70:       286 Forged Wedges, 52* and 56*

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that I would offer and update on my order. I ordered G425 Driver, 3-wood and 5 thru U wedge G425 irons on September 1st. I received the woods in about 30 days and I love them. Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since ordering and I have a text into my golf pro that also fitted me and placed the order. He has been trying to track the progress of my clubs and he still thinks the 8 week time frame is a possibility. Meanwhile, I'm still using my well used Taylor Made irons and dreaming of my PINGs.

When I hear back from my Pro, I'll share the news. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Eat a peach!

• Like 1

Nothing worse than paying upfront and then having to wait! I ordered a set i59’s(5-W) and an i210 4 iron with project x LS 6.0 shafts and arccos grips on 9/20. Received 10/23…. 
I was in shock when the shop called to say they were in; I figured it be at least until Christmas before I got them. I’m glad I didn’t deviate from stock shaft/grip options as I think that’s what’s delaying a lot of orders…

• Like 1

0CDA9F85-FD71-4495-9BD9-CF9DB38DF4E5.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, mikeanthony said:

Could not be happier at the moment! 😃🤩

And I cannot overstate how nice the color way is on PINGs G425 line … very classy. 👌🏼 

EF80AC68-61B5-4174-A7AD-7AF64E951C78.jpeg

So I am really late to the game on this thread but I was admiring your irons in this photo. One thing I noticed was in your signature, you are using the PW which is a 44.5* loft then your next club is a 54* Vokey. That's a pretty massive gap from one to the other. Not sure if you were aware of that or not or if your signature was just incomplete. If you were, carry on and ignore this post. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

My uncle plays Titleist T200 irons and he had no idea that they were "loft jacked" and had a bigger gap in his wedges than he realized. For him, ignorance was bliss.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 10.5º (Mitsubishi Diamana PD Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Driving Iron: Taylormade Stealth DHY 2 (Aldila Ascent Graphite Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-Gap (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7S Stiff)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200), Vokey SM8 56º 10S (AMT Black Wedge Flex)

Putter: Odyssey Eleven Stroke Lab (Center Shaft)

Ball: MaxFli Tour X CG, Taylormade Tour Response Stripe

Fitted for all clubs from irons on up.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

On 10/29/2021 at 12:31 AM, Micah T said:

Nothing worse than paying upfront and then having to wait! I ordered a set i59’s(5-W) and an i210 4 iron with project x LS 6.0 shafts and arccos grips on 9/20. Received 10/23…. 
I was in shock when the shop called to say they were in; I figured it be at least until Christmas before I got them. I’m glad I didn’t deviate from stock shaft/grip options as I think that’s what’s delaying a lot of orders…

Woah. Woah. Back it up … you legit got the i59 irons??? 😍 If so, HELL FREAKIN YESSS!

• Like 2

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

4 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

So I am really late to the game on this thread but I was admiring your irons in this photo. One thing I noticed was in your signature, you are using the PW which is a 44.5* loft then your next club is a 54* Vokey. That's a pretty massive gap from one to the other. Not sure if you were aware of that or not or if your signature was just incomplete. If you were, carry on and ignore this post. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

My uncle plays Titleist T200 irons and he had no idea that they were "loft jacked" and had a bigger gap in his wedges than he realized. For him, ignorance was bliss.

4 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Yessir! 😎 Got that squared away … 

… still over the moon with these irons.

Side note, I’m annoyed that none of the PING distributors offer custom options with the PING Glide 3.0 wedges. 😒 Not a fan of PING’s Glide Pro Forged bounce options. Happy with my Vokeys, but they’re close to 3 years old now and worn out. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

3 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Woah. Woah. Back it up … you legit got the i59 irons??? 😍 If so, HELL FREAKIN YESSS!

Sure did: it only took 4 weeks and change from order to delivery.

0CDA9F85-FD71-4495-9BD9-CF9DB38DF4E5.png

It has been 11 weeks since I ordered my PING G425 irons, 5 through U wedge. Has anyone out there actually received their custom ordered PING G425 irons recently? Does anyone know how long new custom orders are taking. Originally PING was telling customers 8 weeks? Any updates would be appreciated.   

Edited by rblagg
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this will be my last post regarding my custom PING irons that I ordered on Sept. 1. The PGA pro at our club called PING a few days ago and they are telling him that the new target date for delivery is now mid January. I've worried and waited in anticipation long enough. Next time I post, I will have the irons in my bag be it mid January or when ever. 

8 minutes ago, rblagg said:

Well, this will be my last post regarding my custom PING irons that I ordered on Sept. 1. The PGA pro at our club called PING a few days ago and they are telling him that the new target date for delivery is now mid January. I've worried and waited in anticipation long enough. Next time I post, I will have the irons in my bag be it mid January or when ever. 

Why wait to post?   you can post an engage more than just telling us you are waiting for clubs

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

25 minutes ago, rblagg said:

So you are only here to either 1) complain about delays in your order which btw affects all industries or 2) just give everyone updates on the delivery status?