TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fittings: I was wrong (far too broad)

I've had amazing fittings (shout out to SeeMore and Cody... that was the best of the best), good fittings and mediocre fittings... at the end of the day, the best fittings come when you know what you are looking for and go to the right person...

My SeeMore fitting was great, but it was more than just a fitting... it was a putting lesson, a putting clinic and a putter fitting rolled into one... it was for a single club, and we discussed every part of my putting. I'd likely be a better putter with JUST the correctly fit putter, but I was given the tools I needed to consistently improve my putting... they will last beyond my putter purchase, even though I'll probably keep this putter for 10 years (and replace it with another SeeMore if I replace it) I'm incredibly happy with the end result of the fitting, but the club was a small part of that. 

Honestly, I've stopped touting "go get fit" as forum advice... it's basically useless. Getting fit isn't useless, but telling people to get fit doesn't really move the ball forward. I like to talk to people about what they are looking for out of their clubs and how to get there... Unless your clubs are extremely off spec, you can make them work. 

I don't know... I think we've swung the pendulum too far on the fitting front. It's a useful tool, but you don't necessarily need to see a fitter to "get fit"... I've been pretty happy with my driver play in self fit drivers (really, I just like the Aldila Silver shaft... though I'm currently gaming a Ventus Black I was given) but I tried a bunch of stuff, figured out what I liked and what I didn't like and adjusted from there. I'm sure I could dial in my numbers better with a fitter, but I could also spend the same money dialing in my swing with a coach and hit the same setup better...

Ultimately, a lot of golf comes down to confidence... if you are comfortable over the ball, you are going to hit it better... If spending money at Club Champion to have the clubs built to your exact specs makes you more comfortable, GREAT. Spend the money. If you want to fit yourself, buy used and can get comfortable over a set off clubs you bought on eBay, that's awesome too!

I think equipment can be important, but it's a small part of the game... I played TaylorMade oversize burners from 1995 for 20+ years. They had regular shafts in them, and I swing a 7 iron around 95 mph. Did I have a tendency to moonball shots? Yes. Did I play some of the best golf of my life with the set? Yes. Could I have played better with a different setup? Most likely. 

I think, ultimately, good golf is about minimizing your mistakes more than it is maximizing your "great shots"... Getting fit for new stuff isn't going to get rid of your mistakes, so it only makes sense to get fit if it will make those mistakes less penal... At best it's a marginal gain that can easily be overwhelmed by strategy (good or bad)... Knowing your dispersion tendencies and incorporating them into your strategy is far more important than having MOI matched clubs that have been pured and blessed by a monk... but there is nothing wrong with doing both!

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Most golfers seeing those numbers will say take the 180 club, but from a performance perspective those clubs probably won't perform on the course as well as the 165 club.  

100% and I think this is the problem with just “getting fit”... a good fitter will steer you toward the best dispersion or at least find ways to make the 180 yard club work for you... an ok fitting will basically get you into a decent shaft, pay themselves on the back for adding 15 yards to your seven iron and move on to the next fitting...

You have to know what performance you want out of a club and then have someone willing to take the time to make that happen... 

Mark Crossfield talked about how he stopped doing fittings and only gives lessons now... if he sees you hitting a club that doesn’t work for you, he considers putting you into a better fit more of a lesson than a fitting. I think this is a better way to look at things... but I also think people should have coaches who can check that they are hitting the right equipment.

Sub70 5i - DG S400

31 minutes ago, myherobobhope said:

100% and I think this is the problem with just “getting fit”... a good fitter will steer you toward the best dispersion or at least find ways to make the 180 yard club work for you... an ok fitting will basically get you into a decent shaft, pay themselves on the back for adding 15 yards to your seven iron and move on to the next fitting...

You have to know what performance you want out of a club and then have someone willing to take the time to make that happen... 

Mark Crossfield talked about how he stopped doing fittings and only gives lessons now... if he sees you hitting a club that doesn’t work for you, he considers putting you into a better fit more of a lesson than a fitting. I think this is a better way to look at things... but I also think people should have coaches who can check that they are hitting the right equipment.

That Hack it out podcast did have an influence on my perspective on fittings.   That is why I have come to the conclusion that the basic type of fitting offered can only get you more distance and probably won't help with dispersion.  Dispersion is more of a lesson and measured over time kind of thing. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Having just been fitted for irons for the first time a few weeks ago, I can definitely agree with the sentiments here. I never disliked my old clubs at all but, I always wondered if a fitting would be beneficial to me. Fitting is not an “instant fix” for anything but, for me it definitely helped me with confidence and I think that almost every golfer will agree that confidence is a huge element to success. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I strongly believe that if you are outside the meat of the bell curve based on one or more physical characteristics, you should get fit. I also believe that if you need to put your mind at ease that you have tried out multiple combinations of clubs so that you don't have in the back of your mind that what if Club X is better, then you should also get fit. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I agree, a fitting in itself can't fix fundamental swing faults.  But even a basic fitting can help ensure you are using suitable equipment, for you.

I view 'fittings' as having two distinct levels...

The first, would be the standard 'store/pro' type fitting where you try various models and shafts to see what works best for you, and sort out the length and lie angles etc.  And maybe optimise the adjustable bits.

The second would be a much more detailed 'tour type', and possibly multi visit, process.  Tweaking individual club lofts etc to really dial them in.  I doubt the vast majority of us would be consitent enough to gain a significant benefit from this, but it would be a great experience all the same.

Edited by Pandaman
42 minutes ago, cnosil said:

That Hack it out podcast did have an influence on my perspective on fittings.   That is why I have come to the conclusion that the basic type of fitting offered can only get you more distance and probably won't help with dispersion.  Dispersion is more of a lesson and measured over time kind of thing. 

Yeah, I guess that’s what I mean by “go get fit” is not really functional advice anymore... 

it’s become too broad of a concept and everyone offers some level of it... if you wouldn’t trust a fitter to give you a lesson, you probably shouldn’t get fit by them...

Sub70 5i - DG S400

1 hour ago, myherobobhope said:

I've had amazing fittings (shout out to SeeMore and Cody... that was the best of the best), good fittings and mediocre fittings... at the end of the day, the best fittings come when you know what you are looking for and go to the right person...

My SeeMore fitting was great, but it was more than just a fitting... it was a putting lesson, a putting clinic and a putter fitting rolled into one... it was for a single club, and we discussed every part of my putting. I'd likely be a better putter with JUST the correctly fit putter, but I was given the tools I needed to consistently improve my putting... they will last beyond my putter purchase, even though I'll probably keep this putter for 10 years (and replace it with another SeeMore if I replace it) I'm incredibly happy with the end result of the fitting, but the club was a small part of that. 

Honestly, I've stopped touting "go get fit" as forum advice... it's basically useless. Getting fit isn't useless, but telling people to get fit doesn't really move the ball forward. I like to talk to people about what they are looking for out of their clubs and how to get there... Unless your clubs are extremely off spec, you can make them work. 

I don't know... I think we've swung the pendulum too far on the fitting front. It's a useful tool, but you don't necessarily need to see a fitter to "get fit"... I've been pretty happy with my driver play in self fit drivers (really, I just like the Aldila Silver shaft... though I'm currently gaming a Ventus Black I was given) but I tried a bunch of stuff, figured out what I liked and what I didn't like and adjusted from there. I'm sure I could dial in my numbers better with a fitter, but I could also spend the same money dialing in my swing with a coach and hit the same setup better...

Ultimately, a lot of golf comes down to confidence... if you are comfortable over the ball, you are going to hit it better... If spending money at Club Champion to have the clubs built to your exact specs makes you more comfortable, GREAT. Spend the money. If you want to fit yourself, buy used and can get comfortable over a set off clubs you bought on eBay, that's awesome too!

I think equipment can be important, but it's a small part of the game... I played TaylorMade oversize burners from 1995 for 20+ years. They had regular shafts in them, and I swing a 7 iron around 95 mph. Did I have a tendency to moonball shots? Yes. Did I play some of the best golf of my life with the set? Yes. Could I have played better with a different setup? Most likely. 

I think, ultimately, good golf is about minimizing your mistakes more than it is maximizing your "great shots"... Getting fit for new stuff isn't going to get rid of your mistakes, so it only makes sense to get fit if it will make those mistakes less penal... At best it's a marginal gain that can easily be overwhelmed by strategy (good or bad)... Knowing your dispersion tendencies and incorporating them into your strategy is far more important than having MOI matched clubs that have been pured and blessed by a monk... but there is nothing wrong with doing both!

This is a great post! I agree with you 100%

21 hours ago, myherobobhope said:

Hitting 4 shots with each head & shaft, as Club Champion did/does, will NOT provide meaningful dispersion data for most players. That was my overriding point. By all means get fit for distance and launch, but dispersion is a very different case than most fitters methods are tailored to address - and some fitters don’t know that - including the rookie I got at Club Champion.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys
2 hours ago, Middler said:

Hitting 4 shots with each head & shaft, as Club Champion did/does, will NOT provide meaningful dispersion data for most players. That was my overriding point. By all means get fit for distance and launch, but dispersion is a very different case than most fitters methods are tailored to address - and some fitters don’t know that.

Agree! I’ll also never tell anyone to get fit at club champion... I haven’t (and won’t) do business with them.

edit to add, nothing against club champion... they’ve obviously got a successful business model and happy customers... it’s just not the experience I’m looking for in a fitting. 

Edited by myherobobhope

Sub70 5i - DG S400

I believe fittings are a great tool. Like any tool, you need to know how to use them. If you go in clueless as to what to ask and just go with the flow of what the fitter is saying, you will likely walk out with a good set of clubs that you can play minimally better with. More specifically, you’ll hit everything farther (assuming you aren’t replacing clubs more often than your underwear). 

If you know what to ask and how to use the tool, fittings can be immensely helpful. It’s also easier to fine an honest politician than a great club fitter, so there’s that too. 

I do agree that some people come to the forum with such broad questions that the only quick and effective answer to their questions is “go get fit”. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Knowing what you are looking for is important but its also important if you don’t already know to study up on the meaning of the meterics being measured in a fitting. Knowing what attack angle, launch angle, spin rate, etc... mean will help you ask your fitter questions that can help your swing and get a much better fit for where your swing is at and where your trying to get it too.  

Cobra f9

titleist ts3 3 wood and 4 hybrid

titlesist u500 2 iron

srixon z forged 5-pw

cleveland zip core 50 and 55

taylormade high toe 60

taylormade spider x 

I'll jump in here to comment on a couple of items above on dispersion and how fitting doesn't help with that as much.  For me, I had an iron fitting awhile ago at TrueSpec and he really focused on dispersion for me.  It wasn't about how long I hit the irons, although that did have some input, but more on what shafts felt the best to me and how the dispersion was for each of them vs my current shafts.  What I found out was my current shafts were just too light for me and moving to a heavier shaft (95) which isn't that heavy, made a really big difference in accuracy and consistency and didn't cost me any yards, actually gained a little due to hitting the ball more squarely.  That fitting was also hitting from inside out thru a bay into the range and then hitting off grass into the range so I could see the real ball flight.  It was a good use of money and time but what I learned from that, I most likely would forgo that in the near future since I know what works for me and what doesn't.  Great topic

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

34 minutes ago, Larryd3 said:

I'll jump in here to comment on a couple of items above on dispersion and how fitting doesn't help with that as much.  For me, I had an iron fitting awhile ago at TrueSpec and he really focused on dispersion for me.  It wasn't about how long I hit the irons, although that did have some input, but more on what shafts felt the best to me and how the dispersion was for each of them vs my current shafts.  What I found out was my current shafts were just too light for me and moving to a heavier shaft (95) which isn't that heavy, made a really big difference in accuracy and consistency and didn't cost me any yards, actually gained a little due to hitting the ball more squarely.  That fitting was also hitting from inside out thru a bay into the range and then hitting off grass into the range so I could see the real ball flight.  It was a good use of money and time but what I learned from that, I most likely would forgo that in the near future since I know what works for me and what doesn't.  Great topic

How many shots did you hit and does the dispersion pattern you saw during the fitting match up to o course performance.  How wide and deep are those patterns for your clubs?

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I disagree.

This was evidenced on more than one occasion in over 30 fittings I assisted with last week.  The fitter in several cases could tell after 3 shots with one configuration if it was not the correct clubhead/shaft or lie angle for the player. When someone tells you upfront they have always been 2 degrees flat, and you give them that setup to start with, and they proceed to hit 3 straight big fades with it, you can tell it's not the correct setup for them.

Same with shaft, you can tell within a few swings if that shaft is correct for them.  Once you find the right combo, sure you may want to see a few more than 3 to confirm the setup.  But it doesn't take long to tell if something is right tor wrong, or improve a part of the shot, be it dispersion, distance or ball flight. 

Yup. Ian Fraser at TXG says 2 swings and he can tell if it’s something worth continuing with

26 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I disagree.

This was evidenced on more than one occasion in over 30 fittings I assisted with last week.  The fitter in several cases could tell after 3 shots with one configuration if it was not the correct clubhead/shaft or lie angle for the player. When someone tells you upfront they have always been 2 degrees flat, and you give them that setup to start with, and they proceed to hit 3 straight big fades with it, you can tell it's not the correct setup for them.

Same with shaft, you can tell within a few swings if that shaft is correct for them.  Once you find the right combo, sure you may want to see a few more than 3 to confirm the setup.  But it doesn't take long to tell if something is right tor wrong, or improve a part of the shot, be it dispersion, distance or ball flight. 

12 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Yup. Ian Fraser at TXG says 2 swings and he can tell if it’s something worth continuing with

I don’t disagree that you can tell within a few swing if a shaft could work for you.    However I don’t think you can really nail down dispersion with a few shots.  Dispersion patterns are 20+ yards wide with irons and approach 60 yards with driver. They would be slightly narrower just hitting balls during a fitting but a ball can go anywhere within your pattern on any given swing and you dont know which one is coming next.  Two consecutive shits could be 20+ yards apart and still be good shots.   

26 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I can personally vouch for that, as it happened with a couple things we tried in my fitting. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I don’t disagree that you can tell within a few swing if a shaft could work for you.    However I don’t think you can really nail down dispersion with a few shots.  Dispersion patterns are 20+ yards wide with irons and approach 60 yards with driver. They would be slightly narrower just hitting balls during a fitting but a ball can go anywhere within your pattern on any given swing and you dont know which one is coming next.  Two consecutive shits could be 20+ yards apart and still be good shots.   

I'm not saying 100% of the time you can tell on 3 shots, that'd be a ridiculous claim to make. But there are definitely instances where you can tell on dispersion within 3 shots, the example I gave above was just one of several we saw last week. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

29 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm not saying 100% of the time you can tell on 3 shots, that'd be a ridiculous claim to make. But there are definitely instances where you can tell on dispersion within 3 shots, the example I gave above was just one of several we saw last week. 

I think you can gather lots of info in three swings and I think any more the player adapts to the combo.   Distance, ball flight,  sequencing are are quick assessments.   I just think Dispersion is something that takes longer to evaluate

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think you can gather lots of info in three swings and I think any more the player adapts to the combo.   Distance, ball flight,  sequencing are are quick assessments.   I just think Dispersion is something that takes longer to evaluate

That same data along with info from the golfer on what their tendencies and typical miss is can lead to working with shaft and head combo setup to reduce the the miss both side to side and front to back. It’s not going to fix a swing flaw and certain swings we all make where the ball goes way off line doesn’t have a club or shaft that would help that.

If someone has a 10 yard left miss and 15 yard right miss and the fitter sets them up with something that in a few swing shows less than 10 and 15 their dispersion improves 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That same data along with info from the golfer on what their tendencies and typical miss is can lead to working with shaft and head combo setup to reduce the the miss both side to side and front to back. It’s not going to fix a swing flaw and certain swings we all make where the ball goes way off line doesn’t have a club or shaft that would help that.

If someone has a 10 yard left miss and 15 yard right miss and the fitter sets them up with something that in a few swing shows less than 10 and 15 their dispersion improves 

Understand what you are saying and agree with what you are saying.  The results of a fitting could make dispersion better as that is more of a long term evaluation.  Even the best players in the world have wider dispersion patterns that we would expect.  They have tighter patterns when swinging on the range with no pressure to hit a specific target.  

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Understand what you are saying and agree with what you are saying.  The results of a fitting could make dispersion better as that is more of a long term evaluation.  Even the best players in the world have wider dispersion patterns that we would expect.  They have tighter patterns when swinging on the range with no pressure to hit a specific target.  

Swing, course and weather conditions will have an impact on how things go on the course as well as lie, stance and so on. Hard to track dispersion over a long period of time via on course is hard to do and determine if it’s swing or not.

If someone spent hours upon hours hitting balls on a monitor and tracking that data they could probably look at the dispersion and see what changes occur if any.

In a fitting they are trying to get a setup that works for ones best swings and reduces the impact of the bad ones to give that person a chance at playing better 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

30 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Swing, course and weather conditions will have an impact on how things go on the course as well as lie, stance and so on. Hard to track dispersion over a long period of time via on course is hard to do and determine if it’s swing or not.

If someone spent hours upon hours hitting balls on a monitor and tracking that data they could probably look at the dispersion and see what changes occur if any.

In a fitting they are trying to get a setup that works for ones best swings and reduces the impact of the bad ones to give that person a chance at playing better 

You and I are agreeing.   My point is that doing a fitting to solely improve dispersion is   probably not realistic.  There are so many factors involved and a fitting will help find the combo that helps deliver the club more consistently.  it may not reduce total dispersion but may improve total grouping.  

For me fitting data is a good way to quickly compare different components and their effect on my shot.  I can easily see trends from 5 - 10 shots and know the impact of a change whether its spin, distance or dispersion from a standard swing.  

But since I try to flight the ball differently if necessary, the playability (and included in that is dispersion from the shot shape I want) of a club is something I need to get from on the course over time.  Sometimes it doesn't take long at all, maybe 18 holes and sometimes it takes a few weeks.   Sometimes it takes a while until the windy weather comes around and I find the shaft in my driver seems pretty good but I can't flight the ball as low as I'd like hitting into the wind so "sadly" I need to experiment some more!  🕵️‍♂️

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

26 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You and I are agreeing.   My point is that doing a fitting to solely improve dispersion is   probably not realistic.  There are so many factors involved and a fitting will help find the combo that helps deliver the club more consistently.  it may not reduce total dispersion but may improve total grouping.  

👍

I don't think anyone is saying that a fitting cures everything, nor that fittings don't work. I think the key is to know the data, how to use it, get a good fitting, AND work on your game. 

There is no quick fix to getting better at golf. 

Well, that isn't true. Play in scrambles. You will feel like you're incredible as long as you don't pay attention to how little your group uses your ball. 🤣

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter