TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Tour Van driver fitting experience

Putting this in now prior to my fitting next week. I have a driver fitting with Ben and his Tour Van at Pumpkin Ridge. Last August I got fit by him into my 0211s which I love ( although I wish I would have at least tried a Srixon). Anyways, I am currently gaming an EF SZ ( with Fuji Pro 63 XS that I have since swapped for either a Tensei pro orange or Fuji pro 2.0 TS 7X) that I was somewhat fit for a few years ago and am looking for something more forgiving ( if the numbers support it).

Ben is really focus on the build aspect so I am hopeful to get something a little more in line with what would benefit me the most. I have tinkered with a shorter shaft and love the more solid contact. Ben also rarely fits people is drivers longer than 45”, so I am hopeful to find something to maximize distance and dispersion. Finally, if there is time I may get to also shaft optimize my super hybrid and maybe my sub70 3H  (some good reviews of kbs and MMT have got me thinking). 

My early pick is the Radspeed XB or the PXG 0211 or the Srixon ZX5 but, as @Kenny B can attest to, something might come out of nowhere and surprise me. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

51 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Putting this in now prior to my fitting next week. I have a driver fitting with Ben and his Tour Van at Pumpkin Ridge. Last August I got fit by him into my 0211s which I love ( although I wish I would have at least tried a Srixon). Anyways, I am currently gaming an EF SZ ( with Fuji Pro 63 XS that I have since swapped for either a Tensei pro orange or Fuji pro 2.0 TS 7X) that I was somewhat fit for a few years ago and am looking for something more forgiving ( if the numbers support it).

Ben is really focus on the build aspect so I am hopeful to get something a little more in line with what would benefit me the most. I have tinkered with a shorter shaft and love the more solid contact. Ben also rarely fits people is drivers longer than 45”, so I am hopeful to find something to maximize distance and dispersion. Finally, if there is time I may get to also shaft optimize my super hybrid and maybe my sub70 3H  (some good reviews of kbs and MMT have got me thinking). 

My early pick is the Radspeed XB or the PXG 0211 or the Srixon ZX5 but, as @Kenny B can attest to, something might come out of nowhere and surprise me. 

Make sure to try whatever you want to try, so you can cleanse your mind of what ifs.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

^ Great point!

Hopefully some new *BOOM* stick stands out above the others ⛳🏌️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

A friend in Yuma had just purchased the PXG and loves it.  I don't recall which shaft he had but I know it was stiff.  I hit it on the range and it was strikingly similar to my PING... cannot for the life of me understand why 😉.  Have fun.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Using this video as my guide. I won't be blindsided this time around

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

How was your fitting experience and did you just get fitted for the driver? How about the irons? I noticed their prices are so high like golftec and club champions. Roughly $50 to get fitted for irons and drivers. In your experience, how was it and is it worth paying the $50 fitting or rather go to club champions or golf tec and pay $100+.

I used to coach The First Tee of San Francisco

4 minutes ago, Theslomo said:

How was your fitting experience and did you just get fitted for the driver? How about the irons? I noticed their prices are so high like golftec and club champions. Roughly $50 to get fitted for irons and drivers. In your experience, how was it and is it worth paying the $50 fitting or rather go to club champions or golf tec and pay $100+.

$50 for a professional iron or driver fitting is a bargain, if its a qualified fitter. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

$50 for a professional iron or driver fitting is a bargain, if its a qualified fitter. 

Yeah it is I was totally surprised. They also have the launch monitor apparently. Here is the link for Palo Alto, CA https://clients.uschedule.com/pgatspaloalto/booking

I used to coach The First Tee of San Francisco

Well to everyone’s excitement here, my fitting was more a tweaking. The fitter did a great job recognizing swing problem and not equipment. He had me tee a little higher and move ball up in the stance. That alone gained me 5 mph in club speed 102 up to 107. He then had me loosen my grip ( also tweaking my weight position and adapter). Started being more consistent. Finally he stuck an alignment stick as a intermediate target and things became much better. Basically I got a high quality lesson from my fitter and know my confidence is booming with all my clubs. Using my 3H and SH I even smoked the alignment stick a couple times. Will have the TrackMan data later. All in all, things were much more powerful and penetrating with all clubs. Based on range flags I was poking my driver 270 on the fly. The SH 240. The 3H 225. The 4i about 205. Can’t wait to get back out now. 

My Reviews:

4 hours ago, Theslomo said:

So this guys rate this s $125. I had got my irons prior from him and was very happy with the experience. Was super impressed with him today as he recognized it was a swing fault and didn’t try to push equipment on me. Instead he help my technique for the better. Well worth the price for having someone with experience with top pros. 

My Reviews:

6 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Well to everyone’s excitement here, my fitting was more a tweaking. The fitter did a great job recognizing swing problem and not equipment. He had me tee a little higher and move ball up in the stance. That alone gained me 5 mph in club speed 102 up to 107. He then had me loosen my grip ( also tweaking my weight position and adapter). Started being more consistent. Finally he stuck an alignment stick as a intermediate target and things became much better. Basically I got a high quality lesson from my fitter and know my confidence is booming with all my clubs. Using my 3H and SH I even smoked the alignment stick a couple times. Will have the TrackMan data later. All in all, things were much more powerful and penetrating with all clubs. Based on range flags I was poking my driver 270 on the fly. The SH 240. The 3H 225. The 4i about 205. Can’t wait to get back out now. 

Same for me with teeing the ball higher and moving the teed ball more forward in my stance.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 5/8/2021 at 3:40 PM, rbsiedsc said:

So this guys rate this s $125. I had got my irons prior from him and was very happy with the experience. Was super impressed with him today as he recognized it was a swing fault and didn’t try to push equipment on me. Instead he help my technique for the better. Well worth the price for having someone with experience with top pros. 

When can I sign up!? 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

On 5/8/2021 at 7:17 PM, PMookie said:

Same for me with teeing the ball higher and moving the teed ball more forward in my stance.

I've bee doing that as well. My biggest thing is still swinging fast on the tee and not trying to guide the ball.  My first range session with the Rapsodo I was getting godd ball speed despite a slower than normal swing speed.  Hoping to get the speed back and start sending it!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

11 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

I've bee doing that as well. My biggest thing is still swinging fast on the tee and not trying to guide the ball.  My first range session with the Rapsodo I was getting godd ball speed despite a slower than normal swing speed.  Hoping to get the speed back and start sending it!

better face contact will do that 🙂 

My Reviews: