TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why Can't the LPGA Players Putt?

Remember what Lee Trevino said: 99% of the putts that are short don’t go in the hole.” You guys are obviously commenting without extensive experience watching the LPGA. Believe me. Except for the two I mentioned, they are usually short on putts and often not even close to having a chance to go in. The PGA guys are always burning the cup with the winner making more of the burns than the rest. 

Comments about only seeing the PGA contenders putt also holds true for the LPGA. Like the PGA they also show non-contenders make tough birdie putts. 

The stats differentials that are listed are usually considered huge when you look at many of the PGA listings for various categories for the players on the tour. 1.5 stroke average differential is a very large.

Finally, the original question of this post was "Why". I saw no attempts at answering this, just a bunch of statistical and environmental denials. I suggest that all here start watching more of the LPGA televised events. They are great golfers for sure. Just not in the same skill class as the men. They should be as the only differential there is has been compensated for by making the courses they play shorter.

55 minutes ago, jborchel said:

Finally, the original question of this post was "Why". I saw no attempts at answering this, just a bunch of statistical and environmental denials. I suggest that all here start watching more of the LPGA televised events. They are great golfers for sure. Just not in the same skill class as the men. They should be as the only differential there is has been compensated for by making the courses they play shorter.

They "why" was that we disagree with your assessment so there is no why.  I do watch a lot of the LPGA and usually watch it over the PGA.   I will be working the Pure Silk event in a couple of week so I will pay close attention. 

I did a search and found the following article: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/putting-matthew-rudy  Perhaps that will answer your why question although the article is over 10 years old. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, jborchel said:

Remember what Lee Trevino said: 99% of the putts that are short don’t go in the hole.” You guys are obviously commenting without extensive experience watching the LPGA. Believe me. Except for the two I mentioned, they are usually short on putts and often not even close to having a chance to go in. The PGA guys are always burning the cup with the winner making more of the burns than the rest. 

Comments about only seeing the PGA contenders putt also holds true for the LPGA. Like the PGA they also show non-contenders make tough birdie putts. 

The stats differentials that are listed are usually considered huge when you look at many of the PGA listings for various categories for the players on the tour. 1.5 stroke average differential is a very large.

Thanks for mansplaining that to the rest of us!   

12 hours ago, jborchel said:

Here is another article that discusses course setup. 

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/03/16/lpga-golf-course-setups-womens-golf-pga-tour/

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back to this topic as I said I would.  Watched today's coverage of the Pure Silk on TV, watched a few groups come through some holes, and today I scored for Amy Olsen, Ariya Jutanugarn, and Stacy Lewis.   As I said earlier,  I don't think the players are as bad as the OP indicated.  Putts were challenging the holes and birdies weren't all inside 5 foot.    I'll check again tomorrow,  but I figure I will see the same thing. 

On 5/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, jborchel said:

341360235_Screenshot2021-05-20153931.jpg.d251bc9361c19f0674da5fb4bcfdf212.jpg

No idea what tournament this is from. However could you imagine if they could putt. -50 would win!!!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

10 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

341360235_Screenshot2021-05-20153931.jpg.d251bc9361c19f0674da5fb4bcfdf212.jpg

No idea what tournament this is from. However could you imagine if they could putt. -50 would win!!!

Or they were all on fire with their irons hitting everything to 5 feet.