Swing Overhaul 2021 - Let's get to work!

Not much new to report on the swing overhaul.  I try to swing indoors most days working on centerdness of strike. 

I've just been so busy with work and planning our home sale (offer accepted) and trip out of state to find a new home.  Other real world priorities you know. 

I did play about a week ago and shot a +4 76 with @MrBandit I wasn't striking it all that well with my irons and wedges (lots of shots off the toe) but my putter was finally decent and I had a few birdies on the round.  Driver was solid, woods were solid (two tee balls too solid and went through the FW into hazards...).  Played only fades and it worked well.

Still a work in progress!

• Like 5

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

On 5/3/2021 at 5:05 PM, GolfSpy_CS said:

Here is Day 1.  Just a visual for those curious to see what I'm working on and how I'm progressing:

Hey CS, I just came across your "chasing scratch" thread... loving in.  I have just embarked on a similar goal based improvement regimen, and the keys you outlined with included tips videos are perfect for my swing (and flaws).  I have to admit, I jumped to the end of your thread and watched your day 1 to Week 5(?) comparison video, and the difference is staggering.  Well done!  

While my goals aren't scratch golf... I am targeting a solid 5.  And also increase my swing speed by 5mph on average.  I believe a lot of my issues have to do with poor swing position and over compensating in the down swing to hit the ball solidly (but not nearly consistent enough).  I will say that my scrambling is more likely why I am a single digit than my ball striking... so with improvement on achieving more "pro-like" positions in the swing will definitely provide more scoring opportunities. 

Thanks for the documented journey and the great comments and suggestions along the way.  Can't wait to see that scratch handicap card that you will post soon!

~Tim 

• Like 1
  • PXG 0811X Proto Driver - Evenflow Riptide 60
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 4-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52 & 56
  • Mizuno M Craft II White Satin Putter
  • Titleist -Pro V1x (Left Dash)

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

Hey CS, I just came across your "chasing scratch" thread... loving in.  I have just embarked on a similar goal based improvement regimen, and the keys you outlined with included tips videos are perfect for my swing (and flaws).  I have to admit, I jumped to the end of your thread and watched your day 1 to Week 5(?) comparison video, and the difference is staggering.  Well done!  

While my goals aren't scratch golf... I am targeting a solid 5.  And also increase my swing speed by 5mph on average.  I believe a lot of my issues have to do with poor swing position and over compensating in the down swing to hit the ball solidly (but not nearly consistent enough).  I will say that my scrambling is more likely why I am a single digit than my ball striking... so with improvement on achieving more "pro-like" positions in the swing will definitely provide more scoring opportunities. 

Thanks for the documented journey and the great comments and suggestions along the way.  Can't wait to see that scratch handicap card that you will post soon!

~Tim 

Thanks for the encouragement! Best of luck on your journey as well.

• Like 1

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X