Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

TRUEGolfFit success story

DarthGator007

So I felt compelled to post in here what I would deem a success story of the TRUEGolfFit system and a quick discussion on fittings, here we go....As a quick backstory, like most folks, I played more golf last year than I had in quite some time. Early in the summer, I decided to buy a new driver as mine was a # of years old, and let's be honest, who doesn't' like new shiny stuff? After consulting MyGolfSpy's Most Wanted and seeinghe PING G410 LST as the winner, I decided that maybe I should give it a try. At the same time, I also paid for a TRUEGolfFit fitting which fit me into the COBRA Xtreme speed driver with the HZRDS shaft. I went to my local shop and mentioned, I'd like to hit the PING and the COBRA. The gentlemen that helped me said "it's the best driver this year and you're going to love it" and I hit it on Trackman for a dozen or so balls and like it much better than my old gamer I had in the bag. I inquired about the stock shaft and about the COBRA, he let me swing it, but after a few hits, he insisted the PING 9* was the option for me with the stock ALDILA 55 CB stiff shaft. So I made the purchase. 

Fast forward to this season and while I do like the PING, I never felt the flight was good for me. I hit the ball high and felt that PING really ballooned on me and when I cranked down the loft (9* down to 8*), I felt I couldn't get the ball up in the air. I decided to try a 2nd TRUEGolfFit fitting to see what it said this year. I entered my info and it again, suggested a COBRA, this time the RADSPEED with HZRDS Blue Smoke 6.0 shaft. This time, I visited a different shop and paid for an actual driver fitting. I mentioned my current gamer, my ball flight, and what I was looking for. I said I'd like to try the Callaway MAX LS, the newest Titleist (either TSi2 or TSi3) and the COBRA and if he had any suggestions. My fitter immediately told me "you can hit the COBRA, but I've had no luck fitting it in to anyone. As we went through the process, I like all the drivers I hit, but the Titleist TSi2 was the clear leader, but then came the COBRA. 

And I think this part is the most illuminating of the process. The first RADSPEED Cobra he brought me had the Fujkura Moto shaft that it comes with as an option and I hit it ok, but not as good as I was the Titleist. I asked if I could try the RADSpeed with the HZRDS shaft and it was like the clouds parted. My numbers, across the board, immediately jumped. Ball-speed, swing speed, smash factor were all best with the COBRA. I hit 3 of my longest drives of the session and my averages went up on all drives. In addition, I was near the center line on all my drives. I found this to be most impressive as I was growing tired from the swings of the list of drivers I had hit up to that point. Needless to say, the fitter and I were both blown away by the #s provided by the COBRA RADSPEED driver with the HZRDS shaft that I inquired about due solely to TRUEGolfFit. I know this won't be the case for everyone that tries it, but really wanted to tell my success story here and would love to hear if others experienced anything similar. Now, if anyone needs a PING G410 LST driver, I'm willing to part with mine! 🙂 

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

1 hour ago, DarthGator007 said:

So I felt compelled to post in here what I would deem a success story of the TRUEGolfFit system and a quick discussion on fittings, here we go....As a quick backstory, like most folks, I played more golf last year than I had in quite some time. Early in the summer, I decided to buy a new driver as mine was a # of years old, and let's be honest, who doesn't' like new shiny stuff? After consulting MyGolfSpy's Most Wanted and seeinghe PING G410 LST as the winner, I decided that maybe I should give it a try. At the same time, I also paid for a TRUEGolfFit fitting which fit me into the COBRA Xtreme speed driver with the HZRDS shaft. I went to my local shop and mentioned, I'd like to hit the PING and the COBRA. The gentlemen that helped me said "it's the best driver this year and you're going to love it" and I hit it on Trackman for a dozen or so balls and like it much better than my old gamer I had in the bag. I inquired about the stock shaft and about the COBRA, he let me swing it, but after a few hits, he insisted the PING 9* was the option for me with the stock ALDILA 55 CB stiff shaft. So I made the purchase. 

Fast forward to this season and while I do like the PING, I never felt the flight was good for me. I hit the ball high and felt that PING really ballooned on me and when I cranked down the loft (9* down to 8*), I felt I couldn't get the ball up in the air. I decided to try a 2nd TRUEGolfFit fitting to see what it said this year. I entered my info and it again, suggested a COBRA, this time the RADSPEED with HZRDS Blue Smoke 6.0 shaft. This time, I visited a different shop and paid for an actual driver fitting. I mentioned my current gamer, my ball flight, and what I was looking for. I said I'd like to try the Callaway MAX LS, the newest Titleist (either TSi2 or TSi3) and the COBRA and if he had any suggestions. My fitter immediately told me "you can hit the COBRA, but I've had no luck fitting it in to anyone. As we went through the process, I like all the drivers I hit, but the Titleist TSi2 was the clear leader, but then came the COBRA. 

And I think this part is the most illuminating of the process. The first RADSPEED Cobra he brought me had the Fujkura Moto shaft that it comes with as an option and I hit it ok, but not as good as I was the Titleist. I asked if I could try the RADSpeed with the HZRDS shaft and it was like the clouds parted. My numbers, across the board, immediately jumped. Ball-speed, swing speed, smash factor were all best with the COBRA. I hit 3 of my longest drives of the session and my averages went up on all drives. In addition, I was near the center line on all my drives. I found this to be most impressive as I was growing tired from the swings of the list of drivers I had hit up to that point. Needless to say, the fitter and I were both blown away by the #s provided by the COBRA RADSPEED driver with the HZRDS shaft that I inquired about due solely to TRUEGolfFit. I know this won't be the case for everyone that tries it, but really wanted to tell my success story here and would love to hear if others experienced anything similar. Now, if anyone needs a PING G410 LST driver, I'm willing to part with mine! 🙂 

Glad you had success. I also used True Golf fit with my driver purchase last year and it recommended SIM Max and the Cobra, but at the time I was able to get the Cobra for $200 less than the SIM and I have really enjoyed it. It has fit my game well and really helped manage launch and has kept me more consistent. Very helpful since there are no real fittings in my area.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Thats awesome and glad you got the driver that would work best for you. I have done the TGF and was selected for a Mizuno, the one downfall is I am a lefty and it was a RH only. I think the 2nd choice was a Titleist, however never ended up getting either and staying with my Epic Sub Zero.
It is really cool that it worked out well for you. Do you think it is because the shaft is counterbalanced and the other options weren't? Now it is time to see some photos of this dream driver!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Love this story, and good for you in asking the second fitter to hit the shaft that TGF recommended.   And you are right, the results may not be 100% spot on for everybody, but it at the very least gives them a place to start and lets them know the driver they should make sure is included in any full fitting they do.

Good luck with it!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's awesome.  TGF suggested Radspeed with Moto shaft and a Ping Max.  

I had a fitting outdoors last week.  It was cold outside and windy.  I couldn't seem to get consistent contact on the face of the Radspeed.  But the Ping Max was giving us pretty good numbers.  I compared those with the Sim2 and the fitter still liked Sim2 numbers (indoors on a Trackman).  We decided to schedule a couple of more sessions to try a direct comparison of all three outdoors.

One question I have is how concerned should I be that I am using range balls outdoors vs. using my own Srixon indoors.  Should I just stick with indoors as the true results to make decisions?

Would be curious to hear peoples views on this.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Thx for your insight on the TrueGolfFit system.  I also had an excellent experience last year.  My age was 78 last year with a driver swg spd of 79-82 mph.  TGF recommended a Tour Edge 220 driver with an R flex Fujikura AirSpeeder 40 shaft.  Love it and what a great fit thanks to TrueGolfFit.

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

What information is required to plug in for TGF? I have my distances but I don't know my swing speed launch or anything like that...

:ping-small: G410 Plus Driver, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 5 wood, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 3 Iron, Alta CB 70 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-LW Project X LZ 5.5

:scotty-small:   Phantom X 12

:titelist-small: Pro V1x Yellow

:Arccos:

19 minutes ago, jp0319 said:

What information is required to plug in for TGF? I have my distances but I don't know my swing speed launch or anything like that...

For the system you need your handicap, driver speed (though they offer ranges of 10 mph you can estimate), angle of attack (do you hit up, down, or flat at the ball), and tempo (quick, moderate, and slow). Though it's not advised I got a good fit with a swing speed estimate I had based on how far I can hit it. You could also try a couple combinations, I know each one is 9 bucks, and then go to a local store and try the top ones and see what works, but at least will get you a shorter list.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 minute ago, ejgaudette said:

For the system you need your handicap, driver speed (though they offer ranges of 10 mph you can estimate), angle of attack (do you hit up, down, or flat at the ball), and tempo (quick, moderate, and slow). Though it's not advised I got a good fit with a swing speed estimate I had based on how far I can hit it. You could also try a couple combinations, I know each one is 9 bucks, and then go to a local store and try the top ones and see what works, but at least will get you a shorter list.

Thank you, that helps.

:ping-small: G410 Plus Driver, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 5 wood, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 3 Iron, Alta CB 70 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-LW Project X LZ 5.5

:scotty-small:   Phantom X 12

:titelist-small: Pro V1x Yellow

:Arccos:

TGF put me into a Wilson Staff D9 10.5* with a Stiff flex Tensei Blue shaft.  Honestly I would never have considered a Wilson driver, but I can't argue with the results of this combo.  My trajectory, carry, and dispersion have all improved...by a lot.  I was a little concerned because it is a glued shaft.  But, the lack of adjustability is probably a good thing for me! 

Out of sheer curiosity I went to a Cobra fitting to compare my D9 to the Rad Speed I was thinking about buying before using TGF.  The fitter put me in several different combinations and the D9 still came out on top.  I'm very pleased with the setup that TGF recommended.

Let me be cynical here. So far, the discussion is treating this as a golf technology problem. Maybe it is, but let me suggest the possibility that it's a business problem, either instead or in addition. Consider:

• TrueGolfFit sells a fitting. That is the product; it is how the company makes its profit.
  • The "shops" sell golf clubs, not fittings. If they have higher margins on brand A or even model Z, they will be seriously tempted to sell you brand A or model Z. I'd like to think that they wouldn't go TOO far from what their fitting was saying, but if it were close...
Edited by Dave Tutelman

13 minutes ago, Dave Tutelman said:

Let me be cynical here. So far, the discussion is treating this as a golf technology problem. Maybe it is, but let me suggest the possibility that it's a business problem, either instead or in addition. Consider:

• TrueGolfFit sells a fitting. That is the product; it is how the company makes its profit.
  • The "shops" sell golf clubs, not fittings. If they have higher margins on brand A or even model Z, they will be seriously tempted to sell you brand A or model Z. I'd like to think that they wouldn't go TOO far from what their fitting was saying, but if it were close...

That's pretty cynical.  I have found generally that the good fitters in my area are more than willing to try different combinations.  

I think the problem with TrueGolfFit is that if you do have all of your actual driver numbers from a GCQuad or Trackman you can't input those numbers directly into the TGF system to get your recommendations.  

If you could do that I think the recommendations would be even better.  As a example, 3 tempos is not something that is not that precise.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

I’ll say mine worked out well too. I didn’t really trust the x stiff shaft they suggested and I delayed a bit but then a pre-owned (read more affordable) option of the driver/shaft combo they recommended came up on global golf and with the 30 day return policy I tried it and damned if I don’t really like it. Definitely getting a few more yards and a hair tighter dispersion when I don’t slice the banana out of it. But it also just feels a lot better. 

edit: I got my numbers from averaging a couple visits to my local xgolf. 

Edited by opencage