Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Converting to a push cart

I am thinking about switching to a push cart.  I currently play 3 times a week and carry my clubs.  My current bag is the Ping Hoofer Lite bag.  My 4 ball partner uses a push cart he is 5 years younger then me.  I an 54 he is 49.  He swears by his push cart and often pokes fun at me for carrying.  

My questions are as follows.

What was the key factor in the decision to switch to the push cart?

What are the push carts that are on the market that made the transition easier?

Thanks

Highfade77

Matthew Wicklund

I love my push cart cause I can put the whole cart bag on and have everything I need. It also is easier on my back and hips. Currently have the BagBoy Nitron and love it. 

Mike Thibideau
Driver: :callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5
4-wood: :callaway-small: Epic Speed 16.5 
4-hybrid: :taylormade-small: R15 21
Irons 5-P: :callaway-small: Mavrik Max
Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 46, 50, 54, 60
Shoes: :travis-mathew-1:MoneyMaker, Nike Roche G
Glove: Asher Golf
Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft, :callaway-small: Supersoft (conditions dependent)

Clicgear 3.5.  love it….it’s like having a caddy.  No chance of wrenching my back and losing time on the course

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

I bought a TGW Tour 3 wheel cart (less than $200) that was an upgrade from a very basic Amazon pull cart. Huge difference. I like a 3 wheel better than a 4 wheel and I think the key feature for me, other than holding the bag, is the "pouch" where you can put a range finder, extra ball, phone, etc. I will say push carts seem difficult on really, really hilly courses but I love my pushcart and now I walk 90% of my rounds whereas I used to walk about 50%. I used to have a sunday bag where I carried about 7 clubs but with the push cart you can carry your full complement of clubs and feel no real difference. 

Once I saw how small they fold up and how easy (at least mine is) they are to unfold and setup it was a no-brainer. Maybe the one downside is that if you play a lot in wet conditions you will get more grass in your car/suv/truck if you don't take or have the time to rinse off the wheels before you load it in your car. This is a very small quibble. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

I’ve used a BagBoy TriSwivel II for years, it carries everything I need to enjoy a round. The Clicgear 3.5 is a great cart too, but I wanted to try the swiveling front wheel, and I find it does make a difference.

I can’t imagine carrying my bag anymore - but I’m 66. Just don’t buy a cheapo cart, you’ll live to regret it if you’re serious about walking.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I stopped carrying, and tried to convince my daughter to stop carrying in college(unsuccessfully), simply because I could feel the strain on my back, and arms, not an unbearable burden to be sure, but I just figured it may contribute to some "little" bit to more tired/ or worse  swings at the end of the round.  T

There are all kinds of push carts.  Got to be honest my wife bought me a 3 wheel, simple "Top Flite" brand ( I think?) no frills model.  Going strong with 5 or so years of use on it at this point.  Folds up decently, and it wasn't too expensive.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

I started using a push cart 2 years ago when I got an incredible membership deal with my club. My wife bought me a Caddytek from Costco with the swivel front wheel and I love it. I'll be getting the money together at some stage to add a set of Alphard ewheels to it.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm 51 and have always walked a lot when playing (just started back after 10 year layoff).  I always carried my bag and when I started back last year I did the same.  I run 7 miles a day 3-4 days a week and found that walking 18 holes and carrying my bag left me exhausted by the 15th or 16th tee.  Arccos showed my performance on the last few holes were suffering considerably compared to the previous 13-14 holes.  I decided to try a push cart since I didn't want to give up walking the course.  I purchased a Clicgear 3.5 and it was the best money I've spent in golf.  I can now run 5 miles in the morning and walk 18 in the afternoon with no dip in performance based on being tired.  Like many others stated the other obvious advantage is I can carry everything I would possibly need in a round without causing undue stress on my back.

image.png.cb7b03298fd09e42c3c67730cb2769e4.png Paradym X 10.5 

image.png.4cd1e78357212dbb5c4aa67c87405756.png ZX 3 wood

image.png.cb7b03298fd09e42c3c67730cb2769e4.png Paradym X 5 Wood

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png 939 4 Hybrid

image.png.20b346710af0f11f93b6d631dc876ccb.png  T200 5-GW

image.png.664487f7f78d0d4b5324340c070f5aa0.png 53 degree wedge

image.png.cb7b03298fd09e42c3c67730cb2769e4.png Mack Daddy PM Grind 56 degree wedge

image.png.616442318e7c45a3da06e86a3df7faa0.png White Hot Versa Twelve DB

image.png.20b346710af0f11f93b6d631dc876ccb.png Tour Speed

image.png

image.png

image.png

Went to the push cart reluctantly about 3 years ago.   There was golf study done in CO that confirmed that players do get slightly tired and possibly stiff in shoulders carrying by last 3-4 holes.  The carts fold well into car.  On model, had to replace my first during covid, ended up last available mid priced Sun Mountain. 

For 2 weeks in summer 2020 did carry again.  With no water on courses really missed the cup holder for second bottle and les weight.  Have 4 wheel model that supports running between holes when I get first tee time of day.                          

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

I bought a ClicGear 4.0 earlier this year (just happened to find one on the floor at Dick's Sporting Goods, websites had been sold out for months) and don't regret it one bit. I play about 2x a month and take my cart every time I play now. I even used it for a shortish 9 hole executive course last weekend. Since others seem to be mentioning it, I'll say I'm 42 and some of my friends mocked me the first round out. Since then, they've all bought carts, took only about 2 rounds. I'm not tired on the back 9 and my back gives me ZERO issues. I'd suggest a cart to anyone, any age, any location. They are the best. 

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

I bought a Tangkula brand push cart off Amazon. I absolutely love it. It comes with a spring loaded seat that is clutch when you are having to sit on the tee waiting for the group in front or waiting on your partners to finish out the whole. The seat is detachable, so you don't always have to have it on the push cart. I'll do a more in depth "unofficial" review on it, but the $150 I spent on this was well worth it. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBLPYWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I find that I'm just fresher with the push cart compared to carrying and that was reason enough for me.

I went with the Caddytek option from Costco solely based on price and I've been pretty happy with it. It has all of the features I could need and the build quality seems fine even if it may not be as good as the clic gear models or whatever, but I only paid $150 so it was less than half the price.  Currently out of stock, but if you're not in a rush, I'm sure they will be back as they seem to come in and out.

My teenage (at the time) brother gave me a cheap pull cart from K-Mart for Christmas in the mid 90’s. It didn’t last very long but I have been using a push/pull cart ever since.

I’m 46 now and have been using a Clicgear 3.0 for over a decade.  I don’t have back issues or anything. Just believe in working smarter, not harder!

With two prosthetic hips and a bad back, I love my Cliqgear 3.0! Storage, accessories and the availability of repair parts is a super bonus. With adapters, I can use anything from a stand bag to a cart bag. I’m considering an aftermarket motor unit to make it even better!

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

I've been using a Caddytek 4 wheeler for over five years now. Unless playing in a tournament, I'm walking and do so minimally twice a week, even in summer. As someine else said, best money I've spent in golf.

As others have said, just having everything you want with you makes it worthwhile. I chose this cart because it also has a small cooler and bag as well as the normal net.