TESTERS WANTED! ×

Converting to a push cart

•  
I am thinking about switching to a push cart.  I currently play 3 times a week and carry my clubs.  My current bag is the Ping Hoofer Lite bag.  My 4 ball partner uses a push cart he is 5 years younger then me.  I an 54 he is 49.  He swears by his push cart and often pokes fun at me for carrying.  

My questions are as follows.

What was the key factor in the decision to switch to the push cart?

What are the push carts that are on the market that made the transition easier?

Thanks

Highfade77

Matthew Wicklund

HF, I am 70 years old living in central Florida.  Last Fall I had a friend order a Caddytek 3.0 from Costco.  The deal was not necessarily the price which was good but the accessories that came with it....umbrella holder, water bottle holder and insulated cooler and large pocket for a jacket. Well, after I contracted COVID in November & Walking Pneumonia in December, I started walking every Tuesday. I had several other players walking with me. Walking has been great, but alas, the walking is over until November.  Today it was 90* and I just about collapsed when I got home. All said and done, I will be walking again in the Fall.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

One of the key factor for most folks switch was the wear and tear on the body. putting the bag on and taking it can takes it toll on the golfer during the round. The additioanl storage if you are a pack rat. If nothing else you can place essentials with reach. 

Things to consider when looking 1) will it fit into the trunk of the vehicle, seems easy but it does get over looked. Some cart fold into a sliver of the original size while some fold in half and take up substantial room. 2) which brings us to the ease of folding, Do you need a degree in origami to get the cart small  or is it intuitive. 3) stability, carts come with 2 , 3 and 4 wheels, depending on the amount you haul can dictate the number of wheels and how they are configured. 4) adjustability. if short , tall etc, with the cart no open, adjust to your particular needs.  The maladjusted cart can cause as much strain as pulling your golf bag out of the trunk a 100 time before the round.

In the beginning there were IMO only two to choose from Sun Mountain and OGIO, however bag boy, click gear and several other makers of cart have popped on the scene. If you are a searcher of the internet do a search for the top 10 cart or for that matter the top 5 carts on youtube and see what pops up.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I always thought carrying burned more calories and was overall more of a workout. When COVID hit and it was “acceptable” to walk all the time I purchased one and will never go back.

I feel better during a round and when I was carry I always had poor posture without realizing so after the round I feel better too. If you enjoy walking you can’t go wrong!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Like @Lacassem I got a push cart during COVID least year. I like to walk when allowed, even when it’s hilly. It’s just such a nice round when you can walk to your shot. 

we both have the CaddyTec CaddyLite Ez v8. Got them on Amazon. Worth every penny!

384ED27D-8DD4-476A-8F81-DF85CEA0690B.jpeg.cdba0987aa5edb0679f41c4529118e5b.jpeg

I’m (only) 33 and use one. It’s perfectly acceptable. It’s not like you’re using iron covers after all. 😉

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Like @Lacassem I got a push cart during COVID least year. I like to walk when allowed, even when it’s hilly. It’s just such a nice round when you can walk to your shot. 

we both have the CaddyTec CaddyLite Ez v8. Got them on Amazon. Worth every penny!

384ED27D-8DD4-476A-8F81-DF85CEA0690B.jpeg.cdba0987aa5edb0679f41c4529118e5b.jpeg

I’m (only) 33 and use one. It’s perfectly acceptable. It’s not like you’re using iron covers after all. 😉

First of all, that's a great photograph! I love how the Ping bag looks on the cart. How are you liking it so far? 

30 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

First of all, that's a great photograph! I love how the Ping bag looks on the cart. How are you liking it so far? 

thanks!  It was a beautiful day out there!  I love the PING bag.  The Traverse really is a perfect compliment to a push cart.  The top is basically flat and leaves plenty of ways you can set your clubs up.  I have mine set up in a woode-esque fashion with the woods down the left.  I like that for the push cart.  On days I know I'll be riding I might move things around to a more traditional cart bag setup.  It's been super stable at home and at the range standing up, so I don't miss the stand legs at all.  Plenty of storage too.  It's sized just right for me.  

Capture.JPG.979ba38050918005d6dc7b2257272c00.JPG

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

What was the key factor in the decision to switch to the push cart?  You want to walk, but, no longer want to carry your golf bag. Most golf courses have carts for rent, so, you could try it, to help you decide to switch or not.

What are the push carts that are on the market that made the transition easier? I went with a Clicgear 3.5+ (youtube has videos to help you learn the set up process). The Clicgear is a bit of a tank, but, in a good way.  The best push carts for 2020 - https://mygolfspy.com/best-push-carts-for-2020/

I have always walked and carried, and I've always loved it. Even into my 60s I still carried. 

Then one of my best golf buddies, a 1-2 hcp who's ten years younger than me got a three-wheeled push cart. He absolutely loved it, he couldn't believe how less tired he was on the back nine, and he finally convinced me to try it.

I not only loved it, I told all my friends that if you love to walk, a modern pushcart will transform your enjoyment of the game. They're amazing.

On the other hand, now that I play on a VERY hilly course, I found out that the pushcart is twice as difficult to push up a steep hill compared to carrying. I talked to the 20-something assistant pro at the course and he said I needed to go back to an ultralight carry bag. He was right.

I’m 74 and son to be 75.  I started  playing around 50 years old and primarily carried my bag.  At 62-64 my knees/hips were going and playing in New England can be tough walking with a bag on my back so decided to get a cart.  1st was a Sun Mountain bare bones cart, bag only. 2nd cart was a Clic Gear and had a lot more options as bottle holder and especially umbrella.

My knees were really happy with the cart, all that weight walking up and down hills was gone!   It sure is a lot better on your body.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Recently turned 70 and ride only when required by course or heat.  I’ve used push cart for about 10 years.  Much less stress on back, less twisting to get bag on and off.  Also, less shoulder strain than pull cart.  (I do have a Sunday carry bag for late Fall/early Spring courses in Michigan are “out of season” for handicap posting.)

I use/recommend 3-wheel Sun Mountain carts but I know they are bulkier when folded than some other brands.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

At the PGA show a few years ago, Click Gear had a rechargeable adapter to make the cart electric! It was cool. If I was going to walk, I'd get a remote control cart, which are getting very reasonable to own. Like having a caddie! 

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

I picked up my CaddyTek cart off of Craig's List and I absolutely love the features it has.  It is some of the best money I ever spent on golf equipment.  It opens up with a quick lift of the handle and collapses with the push of one button.  I have a Honda Accord and the CaddyTek folds up small enough that I can get it and my bag in the trunk with room to spare.  The bag attachment points are in sections and hinged so they'll fit any size bag and the elastic straps have multiple attachment points with a quick release latch. It has a lined cooler compartment and a dry compartment that will hold an extra shirt or rain gear or incidentals you may want to carry.  It came with an umbrella holder, drink holder and has a cell phone holder and storage compartment built into the handle.  It has a stretch cord laced through parts of the handle that you can put your scorecard under or you can put it in the storage compartment.  Also in between the rails of the handle is a good sized net for holding extra balls or your range finder, glasses, or anything else you need quick access to. I used double face tape to attach a metal roofing disc to each side of the storage compartment to hold my magnetic Bushnell Phantom and my magnetic cigar holder.  This cart pushes very easily and the handle adjusts for different heights so you can find the most comfortable position for you.  It also has an adjustment screw on the front wheel so that you can get the front wheel tracking true so it's not pulling one way or the other.  I push it with one hand most of the time and I don't have to constantly correct it's path.  I let it go on downhill sections and it rolls straight and true. This is way way better than carrying.  They even make a seat that you can attach that is spring loaded and goes down when you sit on it.  I don't have it on mine but sometimes when waiting on slow players I wish I could take a seat. I'm 67 and in good shape but my feet still get tired.  I love my walking  rounds and highly recommend the CaddyTek cart.  The newer ones have changed the handle a little but if you can find one like mine you'll love it.  Good luck and happy walking.

ClickGear.jpg

On 5/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, Highfade77 said:
ddd48a77-bff1-4484-8a7a-8b346df84d8c.jpg.94549a07019b1c58e07aa3a1a77f3223.jpg
I made the switch last summer during covid times. My back had been killing me because I get out to the course every weekend. I rented a couple different kinds of carts... even tried my buddies clicgear but nothing compared to the nitron by bag boy. Talk about light weight! Its only one step to open! I throw mine open and everyone always stares at me in awww! I've converted all my buddies now so if you see a group of Bag Boy nitrons around you know its me. Make the switch is the best decision Ive made. I literally saved my back. 
  •  
I am thinking about switching to a push cart.  I currently play 3 times a week and carry my clubs.  My current bag is the Ping Hoofer Lite bag.  My 4 ball partner uses a push cart he is 5 years younger then me.  I an 54 he is 49.  He swears by his push cart and often pokes fun at me for carrying.  

Thanks

Highfade77

Saves my back and my energy.  Plain and simple.  

Key factors to consider in selecting a cart.

Price point - your budget dictates.  I'd say be open to spending upwards of $250 though there are good ones at about $160ish.  

Fit of your bag - some bags are too big for certain carts.  Having a strap near the top of the cart is good to keep the bag from tilting out on bumps and hills.  DON'T buy a ride cart bag for a push cart.  The angle of the top of the bag is not very compatible to getting clubs in and out while on an angle in the push cart.  

How the brake operates - foot brake, you want it to be push to brake AND push to release.  If it's pull to release as a foot brake then it can wear out the top of your shoe.  

4 vs 3 wheel: 4 wheel is a little bit more stable.  Con is that the bottom of the bag sits between the front wheels so it's not as forgiving to the largest bags.  3 wheel is more maneuverable.  You should look for the option to lock the front wheel to swivel or not swivel which will help when on side hills so cart doesn't roll down hill.  

I have the CaddyTek CaddyCruiser One v8.  It's a great value.  Good product.  Only 2 complaints are that the top clamp comes lose at times, though it still operates ok and that the customer service is hard to get a hold of.  

Epic Flash 10.5 turned down to 9.5 with X-stiff hzrdus yellow

Epic Flash 3W with stiff Tensei Blue.

Apex 19 3 hybrid with catalyst 6.0

Apex 19 4 hybrid with TT tour elevate stiff steel (my favorite creation) 

Apex Pro irons 5-PW with TT tour elevate stiff steel

Jaws MD5 50 S grind S200

Jaws MD5 54 W grind tour elevate stiff (great for the soft Missouri turf; this is my dart throwing club)

PM Grind 60 KBS tour stiff

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 2022 (Went through SAM lab fitting and this nailed it; replaced the O-Works Jailbird-mini red)

I've been pushing a cart for 10+ years now - would never go back to carrying or riding when given a choice.  My last two carts were a Clic Gear and a Sun Mountain Pathfinder 4.  Some tips:

Make sure your bag fits well on cart.  My Ping Pioneer is a great bag but sits low on Pathfinder and straps are up in putter well.  To compensate I mount it higher - its actually off the bottom platform.   One great thing about Pathfinder is the front wheels can be adjusted for width -I have mine set wider so it won't scrape bag if bag twists and more stability.   The four wheeler is very stable and tracking adjustable - I often let it roll downhill freely.

Make sure it collapses to fit in trunk.  Both the Clic Gear and SM collapse well, Clic Gear built very strong.   The only reason I replaced it was because tires and strap had worn out, and it was getting beat up looking.  Bag Boy 4 wheeler is good model too - just couldn't find one during Covid.

Lastly - why push?  My back is no longer stiff after 18 holes, and I've gone 27 many times.   I have speaker, cigar case, rain gear, way too many balls (because I pick up more than I lose) clubs, etc.  in a full size bag.  My older foursome all bought electric push carts, but we only have one big hill and easy pushing the rest of the way.

Dave

Taylor Made Sim Driver and 5 wood

ping G400 3 wood

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal irons 4-G

Callaway Jaws MD wedges 54° and 58°

evnroll ER5 murdered out black putter

I'm 62 years old and in reasonably good shape. I have a Bag Boy TriSwivel with a steerable front wheel. I like that I don't have to push down on the handle to turn. The steering can be locked to go straight (although mine drifts left a little). Walking is the best, for sure.

To answer your 1st question, when I carried, I was always a little hunched over; not good posture, and the constant picking up & setting down got to be a grind. And your 2nd question; a number of factors led me to this cart. The steerable wheel is great. It folds to a 2' x 2' x 1' size in 3 very easy steps. It's a little heavy, about 15lbs, but it rolls really easy on relatively wide wheels. I use a fully loaded cart bag on it, probably the heaviest setup of my group of 8, but I like the workout. Here in Wisconsin the weather doesn't get too hot too often so that's not an issue. I see they are a little pricey; I got lucky and bought mine at a sporting goods store going out of business sale for ½ price. I've had it about 10 years, 50 rounds a year, and no problems whatsoever.

One thing I would pay attention to is the push handle; get one that has the handle(s) angled downward slightly. That puts your wrists in a more natural position.

The only thing better would be a motorized cart, but SHE won't let me spend that much!

Hit 'em long, hit 'em straight!

Mark

It's not about how well you're playing, but who you're playing with.

Carry, pull cart, push cart, electric push cart!! That's the progression! I am quite athletic (swim, bike, weight lift, etc.) and in great shape) and the electric, remote controlled push cart is what I have used almost daily for last 5 months here in Oregon! It is amazing what it does for your posture and performance! I even use it around the practice areas and range! It carries a lot of weight so I am always ready with extra balls, alignment sticks, ball retrieval,  radar ball/swing/distance  sensor, and distance device, etc.! I won't mention the brand because I don't want to appear to be promoting a particular name, but I do love it!

New Avid Golfer 

5 minutes ago, SydneySowers said:

Piggybacking off of Sydney, I use a Bag Boy Quad XL and have used it for about a year now. Not gonna lie, I used to be totally against walking and I only rode when I played. I was your stereotypical weekend hacker, having a "few" cold-ones with the group, never really taking golf too seriously. One round I played with a buddy who only walks and suggested I use his push cart to see if I liked it... AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT! No lie I played the round of my LIFE!!! (I shot an 80 for anyone who cares). After birdieing 18 and beating my buddy who carried his bag (yes he blames his loss the fact I was using his push cart), I couldn't believe how good I felt during the round, I immediately went out and purchased my Quad XL on the way home. 

Since then, I now play 2-3 times per week and ALWAYS push. Not only is it fantastic exercise, you get to appreciate the course more and I find I am way more focused while I play. If you are on the fence, I definitely suggest the investment in a push cart (and I have nothing but great things to say about my Bag Boy Quad XL)!

I hope this helps you convert to the #pushcartmafia !!! 

quadxl.PNG

At 74+, I'm carrying a small Titleist bag...11 or 12 clubs.  After sitting on my ass during early covid, I decided walking was imperative, and I prefer carrying.  I've always found a push cart, and I have had two Sun Mountains and an electric trolley, as more difficult to maneuver and more tiring on our Crucian hills than just putting a small bag on my shoulder, which I do 5 days a week.  And I'm in the tropics.  

I won a Sun Mountain over 20 years ago.  I had always carried before.  There are many newer "better" carts out there now so shop around.  Bottom line is that if you play a lot get something durable.  If space in your car is an issue consider that.  Mine has an umbrella holder.  A must in the Pacific Northwest.  Sun Mountain is pretty good for replacement parts like a brake cable.  I also replaced my pneumatic wheels with solid foam.  Overall better than carrying or a pull cart.

SAVE.  YOUR.  KNEES.  At 68, I was carrying a Ping Hoofer lite every round.  Until I blew out my knee going downhill off a teebox.  Torn meniscus.  A month and a half later I returned to golf with a push cart.  Yeah, carrying basically is easier.  You can walk over the green instead of going around it.  But taking that 25-30 lb. bag+clubs+balls+rangefinder+etc. off my back and putting in on wheels will save your knees, too.  Occasionally I will still carry.  But I'm back to pushing the next day.  If you want to continue playing deeper into the 60s and on, save your knees.

Get a motor caddie, there are many makes and price points so for a little more than a high end push cart you can get one that does the work for you.

Even a pricier remote control or follow caddy will pay for itself in saved cart fees and again, no pushing  a cart up the hills

Three, Albatross'

Three Holes in One

Plus, when I was 5 the first ball I ever hit on a golf course went in the hole, so I have that going for me.

My bag is a mish mash of Srixon drivers, cobra and adams fairways, TA1 irons and Hopkins wedges, plus a Cure putter.  

1 hour ago, rva_golfer said:

Piggybacking off of Sydney, I use a Bag Boy Quad XL and have used it for about a year now. Not gonna lie, I used to be totally against walking and I only rode when I played. I was your stereotypical weekend hacker, having a "few" cold-ones with the group, never really taking golf too seriously. One round I played with a buddy who only walks and suggested I use his push cart to see if I liked it... AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT! No lie I played the round of my LIFE!!! (I shot an 80 for anyone who cares). After birdieing 18 and beating my buddy who carried his bag (yes he blames his loss the fact I was using his push cart), I couldn't believe how good I felt during the round, I immediately went out and purchased my Quad XL on the way home. 

Since then, I now play 2-3 times per week and ALWAYS push. Not only is it fantastic exercise, you get to appreciate the course more and I find I am way more focused while I play. If you are on the fence, I definitely suggest the investment in a push cart (and I have nothing but great things to say about my Bag Boy Quad XL)!

I hope this helps you convert to the #pushcartmafia !!! 

quadxl.PNG

I enjoyed using my Bag Boy Quad XL and it performed better than the 2nd gen Sun Mountain Speed Cart.  But, I think it's more work going uphill, downhill, around hazards and greens.  I switch back and forth between carrying and using the pushcart, but carry most of the time.  When I carry, I take the minimalistic approach and eliminate excess weight.  Take four balls, a few tees, rangefinder and water bottle and toss them in my Mackenzie bag.  Either way, walking the course is better for you and your game. 

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

On 5/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, Highfade77 said:

• Good for you for considering push cart. Easier on your body at any age, in my opinion.  I'm 61 and walk everyday.  I Use TourTrek - 3 wheel push cart model.  
    When looking for a cart my preference was making sure the cart could fit a stand bag, as well as a cart bag.  The stand bag has the funky bottom that pushes out the legs and that would get caught on my old cart and push the legs out. 
    Also wanted an adjustable handle; cart includes Cup Holder, Umbrella Attachment, pouch & storage compartment. Can add on other items.   
    Two big items for me: how easy does cart collapse & cart to fit in car; the ease of pushing the cart.  TourTrek meets both of those for me.  Collapses by pushing one button.  Cart is well balanced with bag, when pushing.  Good Luck! 

Thanks

Highfade77

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I made turning 50 my time to start using a push/pull cart. First cart was the Bagboy "pull" cart.  Wheelbase was too narrow and cart would turnover when not being conscious of terrain. I bought the Clic 3.5 5-6 years ago and it's definitely a great "push" cart.  A lil pricey but we'll worth it IMO. I'll be 67 this summer and I still prefer walking versus riding in a cart. Yes, I too, have knee issues but walking is what I prefer.  

I'm 70 and I've used a push cart for 3-4 years. I'll still carry when I do a nine hole round, or in cooler Autumn temps. When temp get in mid 80's, I ride. The push cart is a bit of a chore of hilly courses and when course id soft/soggy. Aside from that, my shoulders, hips and knees thank me. And, yes, as mentioned above, make sure your cart doesn't take a lot of room.

I began to get arthritis in my hips and carrying just aggravated it that much more. I still walk and push a cart 95% of the time. What I found interesting is the amount of wasted energy getting the bag off and on versu always have everything g you need right. I Bought a basic cart used and I love it- simple without a lot of compartments. I’m praying it never breaks as the news have too much stuff going on.

Papa Shuk

4 hours ago, I miss, I miss, I make said:

I won a Sun Mountain over 20 years ago.  I had always carried before.  There are many newer "better" carts out there now so shop around.  Bottom line is that if you play a lot get something durable.  If space in your car is an issue consider that.  Mine has an umbrella holder.  A must in the Pacific Northwest.  Sun Mountain is pretty good for replacement parts like a brake cable.  I also replaced my pneumatic wheels with solid foam.  Overall better than carrying or a pull cart.

Playing in a power is terrible. I always walk. Clicgear is a grest choice. I've had one for over 10 years. They rarely fail.  Parts are cheap and easy to get. Also if pushing is too much or for those that have an injury or a disability that makes pushing difficult, Alphard makes a power assist add-on that'll motorized it.