MGS X TheGrint Memorial Open! - Winners Announced

GolfSpy_THV

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!!!!

1st Place - @aspiringpro

2nd Place - Adam Gaskin

3rd Place - @Cattes15

Congrats to the winners...and sorry for the delay. I'll DM you all to get your info 🙂

Sweet! How were the winners chosen?

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

19 hours ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!!!!

1st Place - @aspiringpro

2nd Place - Adam Gaskin

3rd Place - @Cattes15

Congrats to the winners...and sorry for the delay. I'll DM you all to get your info 🙂

Nice to see that this has finally been resolved and congrats to the winners. However, comparing the first event to the 2nd shows that either The Grint or MSG can't handle this event well. Not only was there a significant delay in the results, the complete lack off communication as to what was happening (if anything) and then also not giving the criteria for how they were chosen (like they did the last time) is a real disappointment.

I understand that this is a free contest and I didn't have to enter. I had never used the Grint app before this contest and was intrigued by it. However, the debacle of this event tells me that I don't want to use it going forward. Good luck to anyone that continues to try in these events (if they happen) you have 1 less competitor now. 

• Like 6
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

36 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

Nice to see that this has finally been resolved and congrats to the winners. However, comparing the first event to the 2nd shows that either The Grint or MSG can't handle this event well. Not only was there a significant delay in the results, the complete lack off communication as to what was happening (if anything) and then also not giving the criteria for how they were chosen (like they did the last time) is a real disappointment.

I understand that this is a free contest and I didn't have to enter. I had never used the Grint app before this contest and was intrigued by it. However, the debacle of this event tells me that I don't want to use it going forward. Good luck to anyone that continues to try in these events (if they happen) you have 1 less competitor now. 

Same here, I have only 2 scores posted in the Grint…..

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

15 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Same here, I have only 2 scores posted in the Grint…..

Same with me!

• Like 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

This is the first time I joined an actual event/contest, and I agree it didn't go well. We also tried to host a smaller event for a bachelor party, and that proved difficult (gave up on the app before the second round, switched to 18Birdies). I might join another one of these, but events on the app have been very disappointing.

That said, the rest of the app isn't bad, but it depends what you want to get out of it. My team uses it in our league, and it's way better for that purpose. That lets us track how others are playing throughout the round and keep up with things on the team (same is true of other friends that use the app). Plus, it hooks up directly to my WSGA handicap, so anytime I use the app, the scores post automatically and accurately (auto-adjusts for stroke control, tracks 9hole combo rounds, etc.). If I didn't have this use case for it, I wouldn't use it. 

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

18 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

The Grint app is pretty good overall and I've used it before but just stopped because I got a Garmin watch that keeps track of all of my stats in a more user-friendly function. Unfortunately I'm getting the impression that this connection with MGS may have just been set up as a download trap.. While it's cool that they're handing out prizes and all, what are we actually competing for? I'd like to think that the rewards were more than just random picks just for getting 100 new people to download the app. 

Anybody have a bottle of Scope that I can borrow? 

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li x5ct XS  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) 
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #4 / Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star 
:taylormade-small: TP5x

(MGS Test Member for the :edel-golf-1:EAS Putter)

Have to agree with most of the above comments. I have used TheGrint for several years and loved the initial excitement at MGS when the first event started.

However, the first event was more math related than golf and the 2nd event is still unknown as to how the winner was decided (and several weeks late in that decision). 

I will continue to use TheGrint because it is still the easiest app I found for entering data on the course. Now, that might change if the link to WHS is broken with the new USGA requirements. I am hopeful that TheGrint will be able to work out a solution. Time will tell.

That being said, if the 3rd event is as badly managed as the first two then it will be my last one. Really disappointed in what could have been a great year with the MGS/Grint combo.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2021 at 3:24 PM, The 19th Hole said:

Agreed.

Just use the best East Office Pools to run all golf tournaments, please do so for The Open. Very simple and fun to do, don't need an app.

Edited by Nassau
typo

31 minutes ago, Nassau said:

Agreed.

Just use the best East Office Pools to run all golf tournaments, please do so for The Open. Very simple and fun to do, don't need an app.

There is usually a pool run by MGS for the majors.  The Grint contests are run by the Grint as a sponsor and part of the intent is for people to use their app.  They also choose the rules. 

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG