Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I finally got a Cobra Rep out to get me fitted with the help of a guy I take lessons from, Neil Thompson (plug - he qualified for the Senior PGA Championship next week! Pulling for Neil and hope he crushes it).

Here is what I decided on and thoughts from the fitting below. 

image.png.e157c2a71dbfdeeb481f8549141b982d.png

Fitting worked out great as it was just me, Neil, and the Cobra rep. See pictures at the end. We had a Foresight Gamechanger (trackman was being used elsewhere) on site that helped hone in the distances, total spin, and launch angle. I had a lot of options to choose from in terms of shafts and heads. The one thing I did not get to try out were the MIM wedges, but there were brand new Snakebite wedges there to try out. 

Going into the fitting I knew I wanted to find a shaft that works for my irons and figure out what I wanted to do with my 4 iron through driver. 

Driver: My miss sometimes is a left pull/ when its really bad, it is a left hook, so I knew I would not be going with the XB or XD driver. I really just wanted to find a shaft that would fit my swing. I started out with the Motore X F1, but kept having a lower ball flight than what I was used to even with a +1 setting. I ended up gaming the Smoke RDX Blue as the ball flight, distance were better along with a much lower spin rate of around 2000. The matte blue finish didn't suit my eye online, but I actually preferred it once seeing it in person. I included one of my swings with the driver at the end. Roasts are acceptable if desired.

Fairway/Utilities: I decided to game the Big Tour 3 wood as a mini second driver off the tee for those tight fairways. This club was hot off the face and lower trajectory as the weight is all up front. I plan on using my 5 wood and 4 hybrid as those longer second shots in the fairway as needed. The club face for the hybrid does appear closed at address, but I didn't have any problems with a big draw. I did go the heaviest shaft as I could fine to make sure that doesn't happen. I tried to like the Utility iron but only caught it flush 3/6 times. When I did though, it felt and sounded awesome. Ultimately I think I could control the hybrid more than the utility iron.

Irons: Like @txgolfjunkie, I am going with the Copper finish on the MIMs with a black KBS tour shaft. Hoping they will look as slick as I'm hoping. The Cobra rep did warn me about sand based ranges as those will be the ones to really wear off that copper finish. The irons I game now are KBS Tour 90S and I bought them right off the shelf not thinking about much 6 years ago. Now I realized I probably needed a heavier shaft, hence the 120g. I really did love the feel as it felt like I was puring every shot. Since we are throwing out 7 iron numbers, mine was in the 175-180 yd range.

Wedges: I have had my eye on the Snakebite wedges ever since they were released. I got to try the full face groove around the green and out of the sand and loved it. Looking forward to seeing how the full face compares to the SM7 60 I typically use around the green.

image.png.d9069401c11e7651ac885fa14cef93c6.png

image.png.4eb01101ae3cf0461561dce9fbf21027.png

image.png.1a82928f0c74606ea39272454d6e65d1.pngimage.png.7643ed16e69d0f3ede325228baeb6f48.pngimage.png.c71f126def3b86017e48720953fad4a7.png

Great write up, great pictures, great video! 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I finally got a Cobra Rep out to get me fitted with the help of a guy I take lessons from, Neil Thompson (plug - he qualified for the Senior PGA Championship next week! Pulling for Neil and hope he crushes it).

image.png.e157c2a71dbfdeeb481f8549141b982d.png

Fitting worked out great as it was just me, Neil, and the Cobra rep. See pictures at the end. We had a Foresight Gamechanger (trackman was being used elsewhere) on site that helped hone in the distances, total spin, and launch angle. I had a lot of options to choose from in terms of shafts and heads. The one thing I did not get to try out were the MIM wedges, but there were brand new Snakebite wedges there to try out. 

Going into the fitting I knew I wanted to find a shaft that works for my irons and figure out what I wanted to do with my 4 iron through driver. 

Driver: My miss sometimes is a left pull/ when its really bad, it is a left hook, so I knew I would not be going with the XB or XD driver. I really just wanted to find a shaft that would fit my swing. I started out with the Motore X F1, but kept having a lower ball flight than what I was used to even with a +1 setting. I ended up gaming the Smoke RDX Blue as the ball flight, distance were better along with a much lower spin rate of around 2000. The matte blue finish didn't suit my eye online, but I actually preferred it once seeing it in person. I included one of my swings with the driver at the end. Roasts are acceptable if desired.

Fairway/Utilities: I decided to game the Big Tour 3 wood as a mini second driver off the tee for those tight fairways. This club was hot off the face and lower trajectory as the weight is all up front. I plan on using my 5 wood and 4 hybrid as those longer second shots in the fairway as needed. The club face for the hybrid does appear closed at address, but I didn't have any problems with a big draw. I did go the heaviest shaft as I could fine to make sure that doesn't happen. I tried to like the Utility iron but only caught it flush 3/6 times. When I did though, it felt and sounded awesome. Ultimately I think I could control the hybrid more than the utility iron.

Irons: Like @txgolfjunkie, I am going with the Copper finish on the MIMs with a black KBS tour shaft. Hoping they will look as slick as I'm hoping. The Cobra rep did warn me about sand based ranges as those will be the ones to really wear off that copper finish. The irons I game now are KBS Tour 90S and I bought them right off the shelf not thinking about much 6 years ago. Now I realized I probably needed a heavier shaft, hence the 120g. I really did love the feel as it felt like I was puring every shot. Since we are throwing out 7 iron numbers, mine was in the 175-180 yd range.

Wedges: I have had my eye on the Snakebite wedges ever since they were released. I got to try the full face groove around the green and out of the sand and loved it. Looking forward to seeing how the full face compares to the SM7 60 I typically use around the green.

image.png.1a82928f0c74606ea39272454d6e65d1.pngimage.png.7643ed16e69d0f3ede325228baeb6f48.pngimage.png.c71f126def3b86017e48720953fad4a7.png

Oh, wow! An old GC2 without the camera… I’m very surprised by that! 

I’d get the copper covered irons if they were a little darker. I’ve always wanted a set of beryllium Ping irons, so I rather the deeper color than these. 

Looks like a great set-up, and I’m glad you were able to get a fitting done! NICE!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Looks like a good time!

You and @jlukes were the only ones to not go with a set GW. Do you anticipate using your GW on partial shots and around the green often?

I use my gap wedge from everywhere. Full shots, partial shots , low pitches and chips. May be one of the most used clubs in my bag and I like the versatility a specialty GW provides 

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Swings like that are the reason I feel so sure about #teamChad. 

@Wedgie you should be shaking in your boots!

Yeah it’s a nice swing but once you convince these guys to go on the TB12 diet it’s all downhill from there.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

Oh, wow! An old GC2 without the camera… I’m very surprised by that! 

I’d get the copper covered irons if they were a little darker. I’ve always wanted a set of beryllium Ping irons, so I rather the deeper color than these. 

Looks like a great set-up, and I’m glad you were able to get a fitting done! NICE!

I'd be curious if the brushed copper finish from the Golf Garage holds up better than the Cobra Copper PVD finish. I'll be tempted to send them off after the challenge if they start to look a little rough. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

13 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

image.png.ad39a68ab13d7f6a761da7d91f4c4d2c.png

I’m very interested to see the copper irons. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

6 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Orders are being supported to Cobra this morning!

And now begins the longest wait of all time!

Oh and remember guys... they won't likely all come at once!  It was a week or so of guessing what was coming that day from the FedEx man!

Can't wait to start seeing some photos from you guys of the new gear ready to kick off the competition! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Oh man some of these putters look nice! I can't wait to give one a roll when they're available.

https://www.cobragolf.com/golf-clubs/putters

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Oh man some of these putters look nice! I can't wait to give one a roll when they're available.

https://www.cobragolf.com/golf-clubs/putters

Really interested and love the look of the 3D printed ones, only wish the had some 3D printed mallets with toe hang.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

16 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Looks like a great experience. Hoping to see a perfect sweet spot wear pattern on the copper finish!

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I wonder if a white vinegar soak will remove the finish the Black MIM tour wedges similar to the Jet Black Vokeys

Anyone know Or tried?

I've never heard of this!  What does the Vokey end up looking like?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

13 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I wonder if a white vinegar soak will remove the finish the Black MIM tour wedges similar to the Jet Black Vokeys

Anyone know Or tried?

Sorry, don't you hate it when people ask questions without doing a little research themselves?

Stripping a Vokey Black SM7 Wedge - Shiny Metal - MyGolfSpy Forum

Main reason I game the black is to avoid a glare in the morning when I lay the face way open...it would appear this raw finish would still have the same effect...?

Will be very curious to see if you try this with the MIMs.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

18 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sorry, don't you hate it when people ask questions without doing a little research themselves?

Stripping a Vokey Black SM7 Wedge - Shiny Metal - MyGolfSpy Forum

Main reason I game the black is to avoid a glare in the morning when I lay the face way open...it would appear this raw finish would still have the same effect...?

Will be very curious to see if you try this with the MIMs.

Well I guess part of my testing will be to try this on the cobras! 

And the raw finish absolutely still reduces/eliminates  glare 

18 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Was thinking about my order last night (and yesterday afternoon... and in the morning) and thought it would be cool to go through the bag and list my thoughts and predictions about the setup I am going with:

Most Comfortable Clubs: Tour MIM Irons

Feel great, look great, with a shaft that I know will fit me.  I really have no doubt that these irons will do exactly what I need them to do and should provide me with similar gaps that I have with my Mizunos

Most Uncomfortable Clubs: Radspeed 3W & 7W

Two of my oldest clubs in my current bag are my G410LST 3W and 818 H2 hybrid.  Everyone knows how personal a good 3W is and that is how things have been with my 3W since it has gone in the bag.  My 818 H2 hybrid has been the same way.  It fits the gap perfectly between my 3W and 4i and I do not have the fear of it going left like almost every other hybrid I have hit - I can even hit a fade with it!  I have never gamed a 5W, so a 7W is exciting but also a complete unknown.  Unfortunately the Radspeed hybrid was just too draw biased to be a consideration and I just dont feel comfortable hitting a 2 utility iron off the deck.  So seeing the trends on the PGA Tour with several players going 7W in recent weeks and trading some messages with Ian Fraser, the 7W made the cut.  Really curious to see how these two clubs perform for me.

Sleeper Clubs:  MIM Wedges

I love my Vokey wedges, but I really think the MIM Wedges, especially the 54 and 60, could have a chance to be something special.  The WideLow grind of on the 60 really intrigues me.  I currently play 12 degrees of bounce on my 60 and the Cobra will have 6 degrees, but with a wide sole.  The MIM 60 really might have an extra gear of versatility, especially off of tighter lies, that my current 60 degree doesn't quite have.

Those MIM wedges are superb.  I was using an SM7 D-grind 60* before and also went with the WideLow on the MIM.  It is nice to have one that I can use on super tight lies but that wide sole adds some forgiveness back to the mix.  It's really a lot more versatile than I was expecting.  Tight lies, thick rough, and sand are all made easy by the MIM wedge.  I also really like the classic grind on the 52*.  That one seems to work great for my delivery on greenside chips, 40-50 yard pitches, and full swings too.  

I'm gaming the single length MIM wedge at 60 degrees bent to 58 and my bunker play has never been better than with this club. I got up and down 3 times last weekend when it usually take me a year to achieve that.

Do you guys have an ETA on your clubs?

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I might need to soak my black MIM wedges after all of this, not because I want that raw look, it will be to cover up all the ball marks out on the toe and close/on to the hosel. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

5 hours ago, jlukes said:

Sleeper Clubs:  MIM Wedges

I love my Vokey wedges, but I really think the MIM Wedges, especially the 54 and 60, could have a chance to be something special.  The WideLow grind of on the 60 really intrigues me.  I currently play 12 degrees of bounce on my 60 and the Cobra will have 6 degrees, but with a wide sole.  The MIM 60 really might have an extra gear of versatility, especially off of tighter lies, that my current 60 degree doesn't quite have.

The wedges were, by far, the biggest surprise of #CC4. Absolutely love the versatile sole in both the 54 and 58. I've been playing around a lot with opening the face to hit some higher, softer shots around the greens and they've been awesome for that, even in the versatile grind. They've done remarkably well in every condition I've been able to throw at them.

Today's fun condition was hard packed sand - just closed the clubface slightly and knifed right through the sand to blast it out of there. I'm not one to always put a sand shot close, but with the MIMs I at least feel like 9/10 times I'm getting it out onto the green somewhere.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Once again a heck of a good group.  Congrats fellas!  Can't wait to be 25 pages behind trying to play catch up in about a month's time.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 5/18/2021 at 5:56 PM, Mtbryant01 said:

Those copper irons are just soooooo damn sexy!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

following @jlukeslead, I really liked his idea on prethoughts of clubs coming

Although I didn’t have a true fitting as I couldn’t find a good one locally that I could get in with I was able to go to the local big box store that had a demo set of everything but the wedges

Most Comfortable Clubs: Radspeed Irons, hitting the demo set I was striking the ball really well and it seemed to be more controlled than what I am used to, as well as flying further (which I later realized there’s about a club difference in lofts) than my normal distances. The felt great on impact as well! 

Most Worrisome Clubs: Radspeed Big Tour Fairway, if I hit it well it went far, but based on the demo swings it’s a big IF. 

Sleeper club: MIM wedges, wasn’t able to hit them but reading about the wide low it could be magical for me. My current wedges are my favorite club in the bag so the MIM will have a challenge.

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Most Comfortable Clubs: I will have to go with driver and fairway woods. They are the only clubs playing the same length I play at today. Based off some reviews out there the driver seems to be a top performer and excited to hit against my TSi3. In the spirit of the competition I will use the stock shaft but I will have a Ventus black 6x waiting in the background if needed  

Most Worrisome Clubs: One length wedges. I am worried a little about distance control and gapping at the bottom end of the bag. As it stands today I never hit my 60 full but with the one length I may have to hit some full to cover the lower end of gapping. 

Sleeper club: One length hybrids through GW. I am very excited for this opportunity and really think this will help my game with having one swing to practice and simplify my practice time. I think this can be a true game changer. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash