TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

49 minutes ago, golfish! said:

Interesting...I got a free set of Arccos sensors through Taylormade since I ordered a driver for myself and a hybrid for my friend using my account. I placed the order through the Arccos site with a link through TM on 4/12..

image.png.7e346dd0f31c198eb7df3c674b84603c.png

This is as of today..

I have the Shotscope V3 and will most likely stick with it because I don't want to have to pay a subscription fee to use Arccos. Plus I have an Android phone which based on the feedback here is not as good at picking up the sensors as an iPhone so I would need to buy the link on top of it. WIthout the subscription, what do you get out of the box? Any shot tracking capabilities at all?

I believe the full set of sensors comes with a 3-month subscription. You can decide after that if you want to pay for the subscription moving forward.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

7 hours ago, Clayton said:

Was looking to see if you had your irons yet... not quite on those or did I miss the post?  Still very curious about the OL irons and wedges.

No irons yet.  I think they might be scheduled to ship next week from what I recall.  I am looking forward to them.

However, and I hate to say this, I am loving the Srixon ZX5/ZX7's  right now more than any iron I have in recent years 😱

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

4 hours ago, edingc said:

You've been an on and off Arccos user in the past, correct?

And larger question to the competitors - Android or iPhone? Or did everyone go with the Link?

Went with the link, hate having my phone in pocket during play. Have one of the iPhone max so it’s cumbersome 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Glad you guys are getting the link, I hated having to keep my phone in my pocket.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

6 minutes ago, TBT said:

Glad you guys are getting the link, I hated having to keep my phone in my pocket.

At first it bothered me, but I'm totally used to it now, although I'm still not immune to putting it in my back left pocket after checking the GPS since that's where it goes pretty much all the time I'm not on a golf course.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

19 hours ago, TBT said:

I didn't know how much I hated it until I got the link. WAY easier and not a hassle at all! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

No irons yet.  I think they might be scheduled to ship next week from what I recall.  I am looking forward to them.

However, and I hate to say this, I am loving the Srixon ZX5/ZX7's  right now more than any iron I have in recent years 😱

Funny.  Been reading about them and just so many positive reviews... but people always seem to go back to the progressive iron and wedge setup.  Stuff like this. https://pgapappas.blogspot.com/2020/09/cobra-golf-forged-tec-one-irons-review.html?m=1

Happy to see the UPS man today

8EE613BC-FC38-4918-8CDC-77332523BA41.jpeg

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Sweeeeeet! Arccos stuff is starting to arrive! Time for the fun to begin!

Who’s getting out there for a baseline round this weekend? 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Sweeeeeet! Arccos stuff is starting to arrive! Time for the fun to begin!

Who’s getting out there for a baseline round this weekend? 

As long as the rain holds off I have a 7:40 tee time Sunday and a 7 am next Saturday 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Just now, Brian A said:

As long as the rain holds off I have a 7:40 tee time Sunday and a 7 am next Saturday 

Nice! I feel like those first 5 rounds took forever to unlock all the Arccos features.  But it ended up being pretty eye opening and perfect to lead into the challenges last year. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Nice! I feel like those first 5 rounds took forever to unlock all the Arccos features.  But it ended up being pretty eye opening and perfect to lead into the challenges last year. 

I will say the one thing I don’t like is that locked down until you play. I like to go in and mess around with apps and see what they look like

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 minute ago, Brian A said:

I will say the one thing I don’t like is that locked down until you play. I like to go in and mess around with apps and see what they look like

Unfortunately it's like any other algorithm, it needs data to be able to give results but that means you HAVE to play lots of golf 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

4 minutes ago, Brian A said:

Yeah I would have liked to play around in it more too. Just like right now I wish the web browser was fully updated and ready.  I get that the app is more used by most though. 

5 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Unfortunately it's like any other algorithm, it needs data to be able to give results but that means you HAVE to play lots of golf 😁😎

Haha yes it’s just Terrible when you *have* to go golfing twice a week isn’t it?! 😂

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Haha yes it’s just Terrible when you *have* to go golfing twice a week isn’t it?! 😂

Whadda ya mean twice? I was thinking 5 times at least!! 

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

25 minutes ago, Brian A said:

The app is IMO really good and user friendly. Once ya have that baseline you’ll be cruising!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

44 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Thankfully I have about 10 rounds with Arcoss already with my current clubs from my time using the system in 2019 and 2020.  

My plan is to use a different email to create a new Arccos account once my cobra clubs arrive so I can view side by side data from my current set to the Cobras. 

How did previous CC participants handle having Arccos on their current clubs and then getting the Corba clubs with the connected grips?

6 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Thankfully I have about 10 rounds with Arcoss already with my current clubs from my time using the system in 2019 and 2020.  

My plan is to use a different email to create a new Arccos account once my cobra clubs arrive so I can view side by side data from my current set to the Cobras. 

How did previous CC participants handle having Arccos on their current clubs and then getting the Corba clubs with the connected grips?

I ended up having to do what you did.  There were a few issues with my subscriptionless sensors and getting the cobra ones activated without charging me on that address.  We decided it was easiest for me to use a separate account after the baseline period.  

Since then I’ve continued to use the new cobra account even though with the shaft change I did most of my sensors are back to my subscription free ones.  Once I regrip my wedges I’ll no longer need a subscription, but I’m good for a little while longer on the Cobra account.

I think most of the other guys last year were either new users or current subscription users so there were no conflicts with existing accounts.

19 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I was a new user and had no issues when switching from the baseline clubs to the F9s. 

35 minutes ago, jlukes said:

But how did you compare statistics between your previous set and your cobra set?

You can choose a date range in Arccos.  Or at least you used to be able to.  I don’t see that option right now outside of “last XX rounds.”

I know that you can mark individual rounds to be counted or excluded from your stats... but that would sort of be a pain to toggle between them.

41 minutes ago, jlukes said:

But how did you compare statistics between your previous set and your cobra set?

In the app, under clubs, it has paired clubs and unpaired clubs. Once you have collected your baseline don't delete your current gamers when you pair the Cobra clubs. That way you will be able to compare between the two.

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Remember this question when we have the kickoff call, which we will try to get scheduled shortly after the holiday weekend.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Y’all are REALLY going to like the Link! Mine has worked great since day one, and the battery actually lasts for days! I’ve had to use the phone in the pocket twice due to leaving the Link in another bag, and I can’t stand it! I do check the app after each hole to make sure all shots were captured, and so far I haven’t had many missed shots at all. My phone is attached to a holder on the cart, so it works out well.Just wait until you start seeing how much the wind is actually affecting each shot, and the adjusted yardage is given. I’ve found it to be very accurate!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

In the app, under clubs, it has paired clubs and unpaired clubs. Once you have collected your baseline don't delete your current gamers when you pair the Cobra clubs. That way you will be able to compare between the two.

Second this. You can switch back and forth or add in new/old clubs relatively easily. 
pixlr.jpg.10350ca57f72822fa074a94107b6ada5.jpg

What I like is that the history of your older clubs is kept so you can easily compare information between them. The only thing I came across was sensors not repairing, however anytime that happened Arccos was awesome and sent out a new one the same day and would get it shortly after (I lived in Canada so I would think the states would get them quicker). Either way it gives you a easy way to compare between the two without having two accounts. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 5/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, Brian A said:

following @jlukeslead, I really liked his idea on prethoughts of clubs coming

Although I didn’t have a true fitting as I couldn’t find a good one locally that I could get in with I was able to go to the local big box store that had a demo set of everything but the wedges

Most Comfortable Clubs: Radspeed Irons, hitting the demo set I was striking the ball really well and it seemed to be more controlled than what I am used to, as well as flying further (which I later realized there’s about a club difference in lofts) than my normal distances. The felt great on impact as well! 

Most Worrisome Clubs: Radspeed Big Tour Fairway, if I hit it well it went far, but based on the demo swings it’s a big IF. 

Sleeper club: MIM wedges, wasn’t able to hit them but reading about the wide low it could be magical for me. My current wedges are my favorite club in the bag so the MIM will have a challenge.

I had some very similar expectations going into last year's challenge and I was right about everything except the Big Tour Fairway, which turned out to be a huge surprise off the tee and the deck and continues to be my favorite club in the bag!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

I had some very similar expectations going into last year's challenge and I was right about everything except the Big Tour Fairway, which turned out to be a huge surprise off the tee and the deck and continues to be my favorite club in the bag!

Here’s hoping!!! I think the upside possibilities are there for the big tour, but I’ve alaways struggled with woods. Be nice to have a long club when I’m struggling with driver 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA