TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

I do think that sometimes folks can place too high an importance on hitting the fairway - as long as you're not taking penalties or being forced to punch out a driver off the tee is nearly always the best play for mid to high handicap golfers. I'll take 140 from the pin out of the rough over 180 from the pin in the fairway any day.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

30 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

I do think that sometimes folks can place too high an importance on hitting the fairway - as long as you're not taking penalties or being forced to punch out a driver off the tee is nearly always the best play for mid to high handicap golfers. I'll take 140 from the pin out of the rough over 180 from the pin in the fairway any day.

Well, when I'm OB with the driver on 3 holes out of 9... yeah I'll take the 3w or the Heavenwood from the tee every time 🤣

To keep things on track - I always like to see what clubs the CCC testers think they're going to love at the start, vs what club becomes their security blanket as the challenge progresses. I know in past years, the Cobra fairways really shined for a good amount of players.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

7 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Well, when I'm OB with the driver on 3 holes out of 9... yeah I'll take the 3w or the Heavenwood from the tee every time 🤣

To keep things on track - I always like to see what clubs the CCC testers think they're going to love at the start, vs what club becomes their security blanket as the challenge progresses. I know in past years, the Cobra fairways really shined for a good amount of players.

I am really looking forward to the 7 wood and seeing how my iron game improves with one length from 4 hybrid to SW. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

9 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Hoping that big tour 3 wood meets that same shine theory! I really need a distance club that I can control consistently 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I’m not the best iron player and tend to miss the green which allows for a lot of practice chipping! I got to test the full face groove snakebite wedge during my fitting and really enjoyed the feel. I’m intrigued to see how my wedges perform 100 and in and then around the green compared to what I currently game. 

Like you mentioned, I’m also excited to see how the fairway woods work out for me. I have had some hand me down Adam’s woods for a while and could never hit them with any consistency. Hoping the big tour 3 wood and the 5 wood become my game changers. I have 6-7 holes at my home course where I could comfortably use a 3 wood off the tee, but try to force my driver most of the time…

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

7 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Depends on the rough at your course.  In the Whatcom County area I'm from, the rough is generally pretty easy to hit out of and I'd agree with you.  Where I'm playing now, for example, I went to hit 9 iron from the rough (generally an easy shot) and could only advance it about 20 yards.  THICK stuff.  I should have went with a sand wedge and got it toward the green, on the fairway as best I could. Ended up with a double where I could have had bogie or even par.

I'm pretty sure our challengers will be faced with an irons-only game or two for a week.  I've played irons only 2 times.  It really helped force me to get more familiar with the long irons.  it's good to learn a few green side shots too, if you go without the wedges.  

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

4 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

I'm pretty sure our challengers will be faced with an irons-only game or two for a week.  I've played irons only 2 times.  It really helped force me to get more familiar with the long irons.  it's good to learn a few green side shots too, if you go without the wedges.  

... Amen! I am a huge fan of "______________ only" practice or fun playing rounds. Doesn't matter what it is from driver only and having to use it on the par 3's too, to irons only or fairway woods only. I even learned a little playing putter only on an executive course. It teaches you so much about creativity and can get you out of a rut if you are playing the same clubs and struggling. Instead of swing concentric it becomes shot concentric. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 6/9/2021 at 7:24 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

First off, the Arccos Link is a real phone and apple watch battery saver. It missed just one shot but it never had a problem detecting which hole I was on...especially on some of the holes that had a close tee box and green. The battery lasted the entire round and it was great getting it linked up before the first shot and then forgetting about it the rest of the round. 

If you're an Arccos user and don't like the phone in the pocket, do yourself a favor and get the link. Plus, if the cart girl asks if its a pager, just say yes and that you're a doctor on call. Win-win.  

With that being said, I'm curious to see who out there uses a GPS app on their apple watch for golf. I need suggestions. I don't need my phone, link, and watch all running arccos at the same time. I do miss having the ability to check distances on my watch instead of running back to the golf cart to check the phone app or laser the flag. What do y'all like on your watch? SwingU? Golf Logix? Something else? 

I have used GolfShot Pro on my watch, it’s pretty good.

I got rid of my Arccos sensors but they were Gen1…maybe I need to look into a new set with the link

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Just checking in on the CCC5... when are the sticks arriving?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Just checking in on the CCC5... when are the sticks arriving?

Me too

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Unfortunately we have no idea and have not received any updates from Cobra. 

Well, in light of the past years events, I suppose the delays are a small inconvenience. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, in light of the past years events, I suppose the delays are a small inconvenience. 

... Speaking for myself, the delay with my T100S irons, especially when everyone else received theirs and I was still waiting, kinda increased my excitement. Considering that several are waiting for what I personally think are the best all around players irons in golf right now, hopefully their excitement is just growing. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Hopefully they will start showing up soon!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

8 hours ago, TBT said:

Hopefully they will start showing up soon!

We are all anxious to get some sort of update.  If one has the "no news is good news" mind frame, then we are thinking that there were no specific head/shaft/grip issues with any of our requests. 

Fingers crossed we hear something soon.

Got out for a quick 9 with my brother after work yesterday. It was kind of a last-minute plan, and I had a meeting run long, so I didn't have time for any warmup. Then, just to mix it up for fun since we play this course all the time we decided to play from the tips, which we've never done. And boy was it an ugly round...

IMG_CB41CC014C0A-1.jpeg.67b7bc021b38ad222effb7f58bfd01be.jpeg

While I did have a handful of good shots (including a 3W approach that went further than my drive on the previous shot), it felt like all of my game was poor. I was struggling to find the center of the face on my driver, my proximity to the hole on chips was terrible, and even my putting was much worse than usual. My irons actually felt ok, but with my poor driving and the added distance (900 yards longer than what we usually play) I probably only played 5 iron shots.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS