TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

Sorry for the delay everyone, I'm hoping I will here something from Cobra by mid week. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

We know you’ve done everything you can to get information for us, Rob!

I disagree, I know he is holding out on you. He secretly had all clubs shipped to his house so he can try everything first. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

8B46FDDE-F0CF-4819-B288-A48DEC7B3290.jpeg.8a41594d6fab8a73de866f96b2d64926.jpeg

02AACF9F-FF01-403D-A738-B078D23679CD.jpeg.2de61862343834d37b1f3b1468b669e7.jpeg

I got to play my last matchplay round of group play at the club in apart of. With the range closed down due to renovations, I had to go cold off the tee and it showed. Started on the back, but steered the ship into calm waters and didn’t look back until I hit an iceberg on the last hole…

Seeing some stats, I hit the ball great, but got very unfortunate in the beginning with my ball bouncing off into the high stuff off my approach shots. Felt like Bryson only hitting 3/13 fairways but I had okay lies and good angles to the green. 4 birdies in a round is always a plus with 2 of them being tap ins.

***that 350 yard bomb off the tee goes straight downhill, so just a little skewed. Here’s the screenshot hah, I’ll get a picture of the hole next time I’m out there. We won’t talk about what I got on that hole though…

050FD3D9-7683-4BF8-AF86-540AFA70D9FF.jpeg.2bd54473e9d69ca8de4a163cad2f3738.jpeg

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

2 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

8B46FDDE-F0CF-4819-B288-A48DEC7B3290.jpeg.8a41594d6fab8a73de866f96b2d64926.jpeg

02AACF9F-FF01-403D-A738-B078D23679CD.jpeg.2de61862343834d37b1f3b1468b669e7.jpeg

I got to play my last matchplay round of group play at the club in apart of. With the range closed down due to renovations, I had to go cold off the tee and it showed. Started on the back, but steered the ship into calm waters and didn’t look back until I hit an iceberg on the last hole…

Seeing some stats, I hit the ball great, but got very unfortunate in the beginning with my ball bouncing off into the high stuff off my approach shots. Felt like Bryson only hitting 3/13 fairways but I had okay lies and good angles to the green. 4 birdies in a round is always a plus with 2 of them being tap ins.

***that 350 yard bomb off the tee goes straight downhill, so just a little skewed. Here’s the screenshot hah, I’ll get a picture of the hole next time I’m out there. We won’t talk about what I got on that hole though…

050FD3D9-7683-4BF8-AF86-540AFA70D9FF.jpeg.2bd54473e9d69ca8de4a163cad2f3738.jpeg

That’s a great score! 4 birdies! 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Kind of an update:

Cobra is trying to fulfill our orders, but is super busy. They are having issues with keeping shafts in stock. We might start seeing some clubs get delivered in a week or two.

I was told the KBS and Nippon shafts are back ordered and will take another month to come in. The most available shaft is a AMT shaft. Polling the forum as I have never used or hit with an AMT shaft. I originally ordered KBS $ Taper 120 S shaft for my irons. Does anyone have any knowledge what might be comparable to that in an AMT shaft?

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

2 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Kind of an update:

Cobra is trying to fulfill our orders, but is super busy. They are having issues with keeping shafts in stock. We might start seeing some clubs get delivered in a week or two.

I was told the KBS and Nippon shafts are back ordered and will take another month to come in. The most available shaft is a AMT shaft. Polling the forum as I have never used or hit with an AMT shaft. I originally ordered KBS $ Taper 120 S shaft for my irons. Does anyone have any knowledge what might be comparable to that in an AMT shaft?

AMT white is close to the standard dynamic gold but the weight changes by iron length. Long irons are lighter and short irons are heavier. 

I have given my first alternate as DG 120 and my 2nd alternate as AMT White.  Both in x100.  Made request to change my wedges shafts since my Modus 115s I originally requested won’t blend well with the two True temper options

I also had to go with a 70 gram shaft in my 7 wood because they didn’t have the 80 gram  RDX blue  

It's disappointing to see the supply chain issues that are impacting a lot of other OEMs are hitting here too, but glad to see that Cobra is doing their best to work with you to get the clubs into your hands sooner rather than later. Hopefully everything works out in the end for all the testers.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

It's disappointing to see the supply chain issues that are impacting a lot of other OEMs are hitting here too, but glad to see that Cobra is doing their best to work with you to get the clubs into your hands sooner rather than later. Hopefully everything works out in the end for all the testers.

... I ordered a 58* wedge from Mizuno with a Nippon 950GH shaft and it took just over 2 months to arrive. Ordered a 50* wedge with the same shaft from Cobra and it arrived in just under 1 month. Granted 1 month seems silly long for just a shaft change but obviously Covid did a number on the supply chain and the number of workers available to assemble clubs. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

If you live in the UP.  2 months it could be snowing.  Yea, it will be late August, but anything is possible north of the Mack.

Glad I am set on clubs for the time being.  I do need to replace the wedges though, a two month wait would drive me off the deep end.  I am a very impatient person.

It’s sad to see the supply chain issues bog this down, the Cobra Connect Challenge has always been a summer contest,  it it looks like some folks may not get all their stuff until the summer is almost over.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

If you live in the UP.  2 months it could be snowing.  Yea, it will be late August, but anything is possible north of the Mack.

Glad I am set on clubs for the time being.  I do need to replace the wedges though, a two month wait would drive me off the deep end.  I am a very impatient person.

Just hoping the don’t announce any new lines before we can even get this started. They already announced a new hybrid

14 hours ago, jlukes said:

Just hoping the don’t announce any new lines before we can even get this started. They already announced a new hybrid

No kidding.  I'll bet a good many folks have seen new products get released over this period of protracted order fulfillment. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

20 hours ago, chisag said:

... I ordered a 58* wedge from Mizuno with a Nippon 950GH shaft and it took just over 2 months to arrive. Ordered a 50* wedge with the same shaft from Cobra and it arrived in just under 1 month. Granted 1 month seems silly long for just a shaft change but obviously Covid did a number on the supply chain and the number of workers available to assemble clubs. 

I am a dealer/fitter for Tour Edge Golf, specializing in their Exotics line, plus a Fujikura Charter Dealer, and I have experienced delays of up to 2-1/2 months on at least a portion of every order that I have placed with both of these companies, beginning about 3.5 months ago.  Even prior to mid-late March of this year, I was seeing delays averaging 4 weeks on some items from both of these companies.  I also work with Sub 70 Golf and New Level Golf and have had, and continue to have, some delays in getting clubheads and/or assembled clubs from both of these companies.

However, the biggest delays and out-of-stock issues (not to mention the extreme pricing increases) that I have been seeing are with the more popular grips from Golf Pride, Lamkin, and Pure Grips.  The most popular Golf Pride grip models (Multi-Compound, MCC+4, Tour Velvet), as well as Lamkin Crossline models, are on backorder until at least this fall …. some models until November!

I will say that Tour Edge and Fujikura have been excellent in addressing their supply chain issues, and both companies have resorted to using the much more expensive air freight method to receive their products and/or components from Asia (Japan, in the case of Fujikura; China and Taiwan for Tour Edge), which eliminates the long travel times and port backups for those who continue to use the slow ocean freight method of shipment.

Doug Mael

Doug’s Custom Clubs / Tour Quality Golf

www.dougscustomgolfclubs.com

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Really unfortunate seems even tougher now than last year, hope y’all get them swoon and kick this sucker off

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

17 hours ago, TBT said:

It’s sad to see the supply chain issues bog this down, the Cobra Connect Challenge has always been a summer contest,  it it looks like some folks may not get all their stuff until the summer is almost over.

At last for us Houstonians, we won't see the end of Summer until sometime around THanksgiving. 

It's all good though, I've got a couple large containers of Gold Bond ready to go for the Cobra Connect Challenge. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

2 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

At last for us Houstonians, we won't see the end of Summer until sometime around THanksgiving. 

It's all good though, I've got a couple large containers of Gold Bond ready to go for the Cobra Connect Challenge. 

Gotta keep the nether regions powdered during the summer around here or you’ll be sorry 🤣

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 6/26/2021 at 5:08 AM, Mtbryant01 said:

Kind of an update:

In a couple of iron fittings I have done recently I got fitted for the KBS $taper 120 S for Wilson clubs but for Titleist the AMT White S300 or possibly R300 are the go. I found the AMTs suited me well and I could really "feel" the club head with them.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

On 6/26/2021 at 8:09 AM, russtopherb said:

Ah the supply chain.... Here at the bottom of the world we are the end of the chain. I suppose you could call us the anchor that occasionally gets cut loose. Maybe it's because we get left off so many maps (yes its a thing, there are articles and videos on Youtube about it!!) 😭🤣😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

20 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Well I’m on vacation down the shore until Friday and nothing showing in my FedEx delivery tracker. 

Yet my sister went over to get our mail and sent me a picture of a box with this label

😧😧😧😧😧

139BED72-7128-4076-BF4D-3EA632C8CA66.jpeg

I don't know how far away you are, but it would be hard for me not to have to "run an errand" while the kids nap.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Looking for a positive in the delays, at least the weather here should be a bit better here by the time challenges are thrown down😀 I'm blaming the weather on my poor performance in last years challenges. 

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

It's getting real!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/