TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

4 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Either way those Copper MIMs look fantastic.

They actually frame the ball really well against green grass. I don't know how they will look against dormant bermuda in the winter, but the color contrast really looks great in the summer(as seen in the photo). This is also my first time gaming black steel shafts. The shafts don't draw your attention like a chrome shaft which means your eyes are drawn to the copper blade against the golf ball. This combo is very pleasing to my eyes.

Oh and the feel/sound is really, really good. Like flush an iron and think 'Wow!' Yes, it's that good. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

5 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

They actually frame the ball really well against green grass. I don't know how they will look against dormant bermuda in the winter, but the color contrast really looks great in the summer(as seen in the photo). This is also my first time gaming black steel shafts. The shafts don't draw your attention like a chrome shaft which means your eyes are drawn to the copper blade against the golf ball. This combo is very pleasing to my eyes.

Oh and the feel/sound is really, really good. Like flush an iron and think 'Wow!' Yes, it's that good. 

Well we don't get dormant without snow so I can avoid that 😆. But I like the idea of a darker shaft with that head.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

5 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I played early this morning in Galveston, TX and the mosquitos really killed the mood. We were in such a hurry to get through the round I didn't get many good shots of the maiden voyage with my new Cobra sticks. However, one mosquito did land on my ball just before I hit and this was the end result:

A10DC99F-11EC-4A5F-9CE7-3368038367F3.jpeg.6463baeb378d9d82c1edf237de028069.jpeg

I'll clean up some video and add some shots/round summary with the arccos. 

The wedges around the greens were the biggest surprise of the day. Just amazing feel and excellent spin control, even in the wet conditions. 

Nice looking clubs.

Here's my maiden voyage with the Cobra clubs:

8A3AB4DB-4C02-48C3-AAE4-70FAAFE5D994.png.56134094f4c9717ba5fbfcce764775e6.png

Driver: Still need to work on this. Strikes are consistently high on the face that produce a pull/draw but strikes in center of face seen to spin pretty high and don't travel as far. I flipped the weights and saw a better ball flight but not nearly the distance I'm getting with my gamer. I'll need to find some time to work with this. 

Tour 3 Wood: 255y off the deck into a par 5 and 270y average off the tee. Just low bullets off the tee. Great stuff.

Tour 5 wood: I don't need to use a tee with this club ever again. I was hitting some high fades with it and then just hit it off the deck in a short par 4 and it flew the way I want it to. Love how easy this club is to hit. 

Irons: most of my missed greens (hit 13/18) were due to my expectation of the wind moving the ball only to see it fly straight. I struck these beautifully today. 

Wedges: +1.6 SG in my short game. Enough said. My spin control with the wedges was the most surprising. I play ping glides due to the wet spin control but these were excellent in wet dew conditions today. The versatile sole did really well with the tightly mowed paspalum. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

7 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Here's my maiden voyage with the Cobra clubs:

Driver: Still need to work on this. Strikes are consistently high on the face that produce a pull/draw but strikes in center of face seen to spin pretty high and don't travel as far. I flipped the weights and saw a better ball flight but not nearly the distance I'm getting with my gamer. I'll need to find some time to work with this. 

Apologies if this was earlier in the thread, I did a quick search but didn't see it but it's also 7:30am and I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet - how did the driver stack up during fitting vs your gamer? 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

So, how many players have received their clubs? Bag?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

13 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

So, how many players have received their clubs? Bag?

@jlukes and @txgolfjunkie have received everything but the bag I believe. 

@LeftyMatt89 has his big sticks and @Brian A has his wedges.

@gavinski91 and I have not received anything yet.

Fingers crossed this week or next, we start receiving some more clubs.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

50 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Apologies if this was earlier in the thread, I did a quick search but didn't see it but it's also 7:30am and I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet - how did the driver stack up during fitting vs your gamer? 

The demo day I attended had limited Lefty equipment... They had one driver head (XB in 10.5*) and I hit that head really high. I liked the HZRDUS Blue RDX shaft because it's counterbalanced but I never got to hit the regular RadSpeed outdoors. I need to go find a launch monitor and start tinkering with the setup. 

Honestly, I think I need to add some weight to the head. I've got a counterbalanced shaft but with a lighter head. CB shafts feel better to me when the head weight is on the heavier side so I can feel the head through the swing. Maybe some lead tape will help out on the toe. 

• Lefty

I've always liked Cobra equipment but have never really played it until last year. My SpeedZone 3 wood is unreal but my RadSpeed driver is the greatest driver I've ever hit. Once you guys get them dialed in I think you'll love them. Can't wait until the fun begins!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

15 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

The demo day I attended had limited Lefty equipment... They had one driver head (XB in 10.5*) and I hit that head really high. I liked the HZRDUS Blue RDX shaft because it's counterbalanced but I never got to hit the regular RadSpeed outdoors. I need to go find a launch monitor and start tinkering with the setup. 

Honestly, I think I need to add some weight to the head. I've got a counterbalanced shaft but with a lighter head. CB shafts feel better to me when the head weight is on the heavier side so I can feel the head through the swing. Maybe some lead tape will help out on the toe. 

I always liked my F9 but once I put a total of 32 grams of weight in the head it has become a monster

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

11 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I always liked my F9 but once I put a total of 32 grams of weight in the head it has become a monster

Wow...that's some weight! How do you have it setup? 16g up front and back?

• Lefty

6 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Wow...that's some weight! How do you have it setup? 16g up front and back?

I actually have 18 in the front and 14 in the back. It's not a set up I would recommend for all but I works for me. I also have it set to 9.5 and draw.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I actually have 18 in the front and 14 in the back. It's not a set up I would recommend for all but I works for me. I also have it set to 9.5 and draw.

Well, the Cobra Radspeed head weight is 194g and my current gamer is 204g. That's about a 5 swing weight discrepancy. I'll add some weight, but I'll have to do it strategically. Since the stock setup is 12g in the front and 2g in the back, I'll get a 16g weight for the front and an 8g weight for the back. That would at least get me to a heavier SW. 

• Lefty

8 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Well, the Cobra Radspeed head weight is 194g and my current gamer is 204g. That's about a 5 swing weight discrepancy. I'll add some weight, but I'll have to do it strategically. Since the stock setup is 12g in the front and 2g in the back, I'll get a 16g weight for the front and an 8g weight for the back. That would at least get me to a heavier SW. 

I went to the 16/8 and it’s been great. I’ve noticed a straighter ball flight and feels much better swinging.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I went to the 16/8 and it’s been great. I’ve noticed a straighter ball flight and feels much better swinging.

Same here, well 18 front and 6 back, which was the stock "tour length" weight configuration.  I played a lot of last season with them swapped too.  I think it really adds some stability to the head, plus with the shorter shaft I can feel it much better than with the lighter weights.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

So pumped to see this thread taking flight with clubs coming in. Cannot wait to see what is in store for the upcoming weeks as teams are matched up in some VS

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

16 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

interesting. My Radspeed came with the 16g and 2g

On 7/5/2021 at 6:05 AM, Mtbryant01 said:

@jlukes and @txgolfjunkie have received everything but the bag I believe. 

@LeftyMatt89 has his big sticks and @Brian A has his wedges.

@gavinski91 and I have not received anything yet.

Fingers crossed this week or next, we start receiving some more clubs.

I was just starting a post asking whether there had been any talk about testing, went back a couple of pages and found this update. Who would have imagined this scenario a year ago?  You guys may be doing double shifts to get the testing and challenges in before the snow starts flying.

Anyone else beside @txgolfjunkieget the copper MIM's?  Those look really cool 👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

interesting. My Radspeed came with the 16g and 2g

That's the stock weights for the standard length.  The tour length comes with heavier weights to offset the shorter shaft on the tour length and get it back to a standard swing weight.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

37 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I was just starting a post asking whether there had been any talk about testing, went back a couple of pages and found this update. Who would have imagined this scenario a year ago?  You guys may be doing double shifts to get the testing and challenges in before the snow starts flying.

Anyone else beside @txgolfjunkieget the copper MIM's?  Those look really cool 👍

I ended up getting the Copper MIMs as well. Waiting anxiously for them….I decided to keep KBS shafts on my irons and I might be waiting a hot minute due to stock and inventory issues.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

19 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I ended up getting the Copper MIMs as well. Waiting anxiously for them….I decided to keep KBS shafts on my irons and I might be waiting a hot minute due to stock and inventory issues.

Welcome to the "Club Anticipation"... see what I did there? 🙂 

Of course my saga includes an unfortunate $hitshow with the first builder.  The good news is that all my remaining components are expected in this week and will likely meet the estimated delivery when I re-ordered from Fairway Jockey.  

42 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

... As an old school kinda guy, I like the traditional shiny chrome on the MIM Tour irons. That said, if the Copper version would have been available when Cobra shipped mine last year I would have ordered the Copper. 🤪  Not a fan of black iron heads but that copper looks subtle and beautiful at the same time, although beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Welcome to the "Club Anticipation"... see what I did there? 🙂 

Of course my saga includes an unfortunate $hitshow with the first builder.  The good news is that all my remaining components are expected in this week and will likely meet the estimated delivery when I ordered.  

... I think you come from a different generation and anticipation was always an awesome thing. When I put my first bike on law away I would go by the hardware store as much as possible to get a look at it. Those months of anticipation made it that much sweeter when I paid it off and started riding it. Admittedly it was easier to order and have some "club anticipation" when there was a 4 year cycle. Everything is so immediate today which of course has it's advantages as well as disadvantages. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think you come from a different generation and anticipation was always an awesome thing. When I put my first bike on law away I would go by the hardware store as much as possible to get a look at it. Those months of anticipation made it that much sweeter when I paid it off and started riding it. Admittedly it was easier to order and have some "club anticipation" when there was a 4 year cycle. Everything is so immediate today which of course has it's advantages as well as disadvantages. 

No, as a "boomer" I knew those days as well and agree that there was an element of excitement with the wait on things. Wanted to research a question, dig out Encyclopedia Britannica. Whether we like to admit it or not, the pace of things today, across so many aspects of life, has changed our expectations.  I had a hard time with the pace of life here in rural Montana having spent 30 years working in aerospace and in a 100 mile/min environment... it's like downshifting to granny gear 🙂.  Frustrating at times but also refreshing at times.  

My first custom order wasn't all that excessively long considering the unprecedented supply line shortages but just built poorly and incorrectly... twice 🙄.  The FJ ECD was 6-8 weeks ARO and it looks like they'll be close.  Just want them in the bag and yardages dialed in before the winter season migration.

I'm sure Cobra will have the rest of these testers gear to them as soon as they possibly can and all of this will become part of the "remember when" discussions in years to follow.

Here's my personal belief why the copper MIMs looks fantastic...

It's the first week of April, Jim Nantz is doing his thing on the CBS broadcast...it's the freaking Masters. 

Take away the azaleas and the patrons, and what do you have? The grass is a pure deep green, the sand is bright white, the pine straw is a mix of rust and copper in color. The contrast between the three colors just looks fantastic on TV. Green. White. Copper. 

Cobra.jpg.fdaa1ce2eb3f3d152fd35acf62de3f3f.jpg

It's not a color combination you think would look good, but it's just pleasing the eye. And when you realize where you've seen that color combination before, Jim Nantz starts whispering in your head...'hello friends and welcome to Augusta National...' and then you just relax and hit one amazing iron shot after another. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

• Lefty

On 7/8/2021 at 10:50 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

It's the first week of April, Jim Nantz is doing his thing on the CBS broadcast...it's the freaking Masters. 

Take away the azaleas and the patrons, and what do you have? The grass is a pure deep green, the sand is bright white, the pine straw is a mix of rust and copper in color. The contrast between the three colors just looks fantastic on TV. Green. White. Copper. 

It's not a color combination you think would look good, but it's just pleasing the eye. And when you realize where you've seen that color combination before, Jim Nantz starts whispering in your head...'hello friends and welcome to Augusta National...' and then you just relax and hit one amazing iron shot after another. 

I'm seriously over here drooling over these copper irons!  (I don't need new irons....I don't need new irons!)

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

8 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I'm seriously over here drooling over these copper irons!  (I don't need new irons....I don't need new irons!)

You do need new irons! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

On 7/8/2021 at 10:50 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

Minus them being lefty it looks amazing 😂

love the color commentary (see what I did there)

Check out my reviews:

WITB: