Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Alright gents, what do you think about those snakebite wedges? 

Has anyone noticed as big a drop off in spin performance when wet as the wedge test shows?  I feel like the MIM Blacks are all around great wedges, so I was surprised to see that big a drop off in spin on the 50 yard wet shot.  

My recent rounds encountering wet conditions (morning humidity or afternoon shower) have been mostly predictable with the wedges...just play for a lot more roll out. I've played on wet bermuda, zoysia and paspalum and the ball just comes out with a lot less spin than dry conditions. Of course with the bermuda, the ball sits a lot lower so you're going to get a lot more grass between the club and the ball and so it's tough to tell if it's reduction in spin due to the grass or water on the face. If you need to hit a low, spinning shot to a tucked pin with a wet wedge...well...it's probably not going to have that second bounce stop you might be accustomed to. 

I do have a set of Ping Glide 3.0 wedges and those wedges don't really require an adjustment on spin given the wet or dry conditions. They feel a bit harsher/have a more noticeable click at impact than the Cobra MIM wedges, but I do love how well they stop the ball in all conditions. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Has anyone noticed as big a drop off in spin performance when wet as the wedge test shows?  I feel like the MIM Blacks are all around great wedges, so I was surprised to see that big a drop off in spin on the 50 yard wet shot.  

I haven't noticed a massive difference, but I don't generate much spin with wedges to begin with.

With the Radspeeds though there is a noticable difference out of the rough vs out of the fairway. I consistently get about half a club more distance out of the rough.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

2 hours ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

The hi rev shafts are very very good on any partial shot. I find them to have a lot of feel and they definitely reward smooth swings. The only difficulty I have is with full shots but then again maybe it’s a sign I don’t need full shots on my wedges. My gap wedge has the 135x hi rev and I find that to withstand full swings a little better than the 125 version. Overall I think it is a solid wedge shaft as I have historically just matched my irons through all my wedges. 

I've noticed the same thing with the Hi-Revs. Smooth swings (anywhere from 50% to 90%) feel great and are super consistent. Full swings though I have a bit of a tougher time. Honestly I'd rather have that than the opposite, which is what I experienced with my last wedges (Cleveland CBXs with the Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge shaft).

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

On 9/20/2021 at 8:40 AM, B.Boston said:

I'm a little late to the party. I've been on a storm restoration trip to Houston and just got back. 

On my 50 yard shots, its hard for me to say if I have noticed the drop off in spin. I typically play for a little roll out anyways, but will definitely pay closer attention when I'm playing in the morning/afternoon. 

What do I think about my snakebite wedges? Overall, I really enjoy them. In regards to the 58 degree full face. Whether its chipping or full swing out of the sand, the ball bites. This club has been a weapon around the greens. Part of my game that I continue to work on are the 50-100 yard shots. My 50 and 54 feel comfortable in my hands out in the fairway/rough, I just have to continue to practice on committing to the shot and not bailing out and blading/chunking the shot. This has always been a struggle and not just the snakebite wedges.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Are we able to organize our own competition for fun, get some practice in before the real event??? Think I read that everyone has their driver/woods/hybrids and wedges … right?

Have a fun woods/hybrid and wedges (PW thru LW) only competition … 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Update to CC5

It is with some sadness that I have to do this update as the competition this year has had to be cancelled. Due to delays in equipment arriving to the testers and our now shortened days for parts of the country and world it is not possible to run  full proper competition. 

We had adjusted and made amendments to it back a month or so ago hoping to get 4 or 5 good weeks worth of competition, but sadly with a few still missing clubs it just isn't possible. 

That being said our testers will be putting up full bag reviews of all their clubs over the next little while in the original testing thread as well as updating some of their thoughts and such here in the pre chatter thread. 

The competitors already have been informed of this and are of course disappointed they weren't able to participate in a full CC5 event, but we appreciate all their efforts in keeping everyone informed and updated with how their clubs have been working over the last while. Sadly with delays we just weren't really able to get off the ground. This has also not been the only test which has been effected and as we have seen in some other threads many many manufacturers are having these same issues. 

This all being said thank you again to the competitors, thank you to Cobra for providing this opportunity and of course MGS for their support in providing the community with these testing opportunities.

With that stay tuned for more reviews on the clubs some of which will be dropping this week!. 

Sad to hear this news.  I was looking forward to the team competition and throwing my best at the competitors during weekly challenged.  Hopefully next year will be better for OEMs and we will see lessened constraints on supply.  But if the No Putts Given episode saying that balls may be limited in supply is any indication this might be an issue for OEMs next year too.

I'm still very much looking forward to the reviews from the competitors.  Hopefully you all were able to put the clubs through their paces and give us a good evaluation.  How are those Big Tour 3 woods working out!?

On the bright side, does this mean I am still your reigning champion?  I can deal with bearing that weight for another season 😉 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Update to CC5

It is with some sadness that I have to do this update as the competition this year has had to be cancelled. Due to delays in equipment arriving to the testers and our now shortened days for parts of the country and world it is not possible to run  full proper competition. 

We had adjusted and made amendments to it back a month or so ago hoping to get 4 or 5 good weeks worth of competition, but sadly with a few still missing clubs it just isn't possible. 

That being said our testers will be putting up full bag reviews of all their clubs over the next little while in the original testing thread as well as updating some of their thoughts and such here in the pre chatter thread. 

The competitors already have been informed of this and are of course disappointed they weren't able to participate in a full CC5 event, but we appreciate all their efforts in keeping everyone informed and updated with how their clubs have been working over the last while. Sadly with delays we just weren't really able to get off the ground. This has also not been the only test which has been effected and as we have seen in some other threads many many manufacturers are having these same issues. 

This all being said thank you again to the competitors, thank you to Cobra for providing this opportunity and of course MGS for their support in providing the community with these testing opportunities.

With that stay tuned for more reviews on the clubs some of which will be dropping this week!. 

Sad news, and I’m very sorry for all of this years competitors to have to miss out. Was sure to be a good one…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

That's unfortunate and disappointing, but in the end probably unavoidable for all the concerns noted in APH's post. With delivery being an issue due to supply chain, it's not feasible or possible to have an event the level of a CCC this late in the season. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Sorry competitors, Always a fun one but cant control everything unfortunately. Hopefully next year things pan out and manufacturing across the board, not just golf, are back on track.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Sad to hear this news.  I was looking forward to the team competition and throwing my best at the competitors during weekly challenged.  Hopefully next year will be better for OEMs and we will see lessened constraints on supply.  But if the No Putts Given episode saying that balls may be limited in supply is any indication this might be an issue for OEMs next year too.

I'm still very much looking forward to the reviews from the competitors.  Hopefully you all were able to put the clubs through their paces and give us a good evaluation.  How are those Big Tour 3 woods working out!?

On the bright side, does this mean I am still your reigning champion?  I can deal with bearing that weight for another season 😉 

I'll give a more in depth review on the other thread but the Big Tour 3 Wood is so long off the tee, it really would be a good driver replacement if you find yourself hitting a 3 wood better than a driver. For me, it will be highly utilized on tree lined courses. Arccos shows it's only 13 yards shorter than my driver with a 6% increase in fairway accuracy. Is that a good enough trade-off? That's up to the player. I don't really hit it off the fairway just because I haven't really dialed it in off turf, but it's great off the tee. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Update to CC5

That is some Sad development, I do hope that all of the competitors are still able to get their clubs and to play some golf with them this season.

May I suggest that if next year we have another CCC, can we have two separated ones, one for the guys that would be part of CCC5 and one for CCC6?

Both groups playing the same challenges, against their respective groups, so that way the CCC5 gents still get to compete?

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

2 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I don't know if the CCC5 guys will still have their sticks come spring time... 

This is how I picture @jlukes with his irons once the review is posted and he's released of his responsibilities:

PId.gif.ba047ac0bdbeca1760931fd03bf2e761.gif

Hey, i guess since this is shifting to a review, we can bring back GIFs, right?

Hell, I’m ready to start a MGS GoFundMe to get the right shafts in there and then see what he thinks…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

2 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I don't know if the CCC5 guys will still have their sticks come spring time... 

This is how I picture @jlukes with his irons once the review is posted and he's released of his responsibilities:

PId.gif.ba047ac0bdbeca1760931fd03bf2e761.gif

Hey, i guess since this is shifting to a review, we can bring back GIFs, right?

If is happening, where is that pond at? I am on my way

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

4 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

If is happening, where is that pond at? I am on my way

beat me to it! I'd be happy to have him throw them from NJ to MA and share my thoughts haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

For those missing the competition aspect of CC5, I will be taking all comers for a challenge or two yet - exact challenges and prizes TBD. But stay tuned.....