Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

12 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

This is what you really need:

moniline-hc-blue2_2.jpg

I think I still have a couple of those in various colors from when my son went through his Rickie phase!

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

23 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Honestly I've been to some Cobra demo days where they didn't have a lot of righty options to hit especially in one length. I hope it works out and you get to hit just about everything they offer.

None of the stock and upgrade shaft options I saw were amongst those from my fitting finalist list.  I realize that the OEM's offer/buy certain shafts in bulk and can package these as discounted options, but I wish more of them would also offer their factory build with many, many more options.  

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

6 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Here's my final decision and now I just need to let it ride and stop over-thinking things. 

image.png.981cc07ff1b79b7a2acd0939a34a9a3f.png

Side note, I got bumped from the Radspeed irons to the Copper MIMs. Shout out to @Golfspy_CG2 for making that happen. 

Driver:

image_50756609.JPG.e25de1063623d8a845c2ea6d5b32ca2f.JPG

I really liked the feel of the HZRDUS RDX Blue in the Radspeed over any other combo. What's crazy is that I only hit the Motore X F1 at big box stores with a 9* head. It didn't feel great at all. I put in the RDX Blue and it was night and day different. I also hit the ball so much straighter with the weight up front. I flipped it and started hitting hard draws. It was truly odd. 

The XB lauched a little too high and really ballooned on me. The range was into a slight breeze (8mph) and that was all i needed to see out of that club. 

Fairway/Utilities

I'm going on a limb with the 3W, 5W and 4 utility setup. I actually thought the Motore X F1 felt decent in the 3W but it felt like it was more about control than distance. I'll need a little of both with my 3W since it will be used for position on Par 4s and tree-lined courses. The 5W will be used to attack greens so the Motore X F1 will be great to have a little tighter dispersion. 

Irons:

image_50436353.JPG.90157ea7c5b0e6d73cafee56900c2f2d.JPG

This was the first time for me to ever see a MIM iron in lefty. At address, they really do remind me of the old AP2s. Very classic topline and a little offset. They really felt great, even with the range balls. I used to game Mizuno SELs and now I game the TaylorMade P770s that are foam filled. The MIMs don't feel as good as the Mizzys but they are pretty darn close...definitely a solid feel to them on strike. They do feel much better than my current gamers. I went with the copper MIMs and black PVD AMT X100 shafts because those will look fantastic in my humble opinion. Nippon 120s felt really good but I didn't see any performance difference than the X100. 

Wedges:

They had a 56* in the chrome MIM and in the Snakebite. The MIM is a classic looking wedge and it suits my eye. I didn't hit any wedges as my time was limited and I couldn't sneak over to the short game area with them. 

Overall

I'm excited to see the finished product and see the performance these sticks bring to my game. It was a lot of fun seeing the Radspeed driver come alive after a few demo session in big box stores that really left me discouraged. 

Note: There wasn't a trackman or launch monitor at this demo so I had to go off of feel and sight. That's not something I enjoy doing as I like to have data back-up my decisions. Oh well, I'll make it happen.  

They had irons for days for the right-handed crew. 5, 7 and 9 iron available in all lines. Lucky b@stards. 

image_50437377.JPG.19dc117be302a2bfbe8ff92aba6fcebf.JPG

image_50441985.JPG.51d570d8e6c5893f850c45a37432add3.JPG

That’s awesome on the MIMs! #TeamChad might have 2 sets of Copper MIMs in play! Hoping they suit my eye early next week. 

I’ve heard the big tour 3 wood is hottttt off the face. Obviously you liked it, did you hit it off the ground and tee or just tee since you said you’ll mainly use it for positioning/tighter fairways.

• Like 3

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

17 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

This is what you really need:

moniline-hc-blue2_2.jpg

@PMookie Lions colors!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

2 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Here's my final decision and now I just need to let it ride and stop over-thinking things. 

Side note, I got bumped from the Radspeed irons to the Copper MIMs. Shout out to @Golfspy_CG2 for making that happen. 

Driver:

I really liked the feel of the HZRDUS RDX Blue in the Radspeed over any other combo. What's crazy is that I only hit the Motore X F1 at big box stores with a 9* head. It didn't feel great at all. I put in the RDX Blue and it was night and day different. I also hit the ball so much straighter with the weight up front. I flipped it and started hitting hard draws. It was truly odd. 

The XB lauched a little too high and really ballooned on me. The range was into a slight breeze (8mph) and that was all i needed to see out of that club. 

Fairway/Utilities

I'm going on a limb with the 3W, 5W and 4 utility setup. I actually thought the Motore X F1 felt decent in the 3W but it felt like it was more about control than distance. I'll need a little of both with my 3W since it will be used for position on Par 4s and tree-lined courses. The 5W will be used to attack greens so the Motore X F1 will be great to have a little tighter dispersion. 

Irons:

This was the first time for me to ever see a MIM iron in lefty. At address, they really do remind me of the old AP2s. Very classic topline and a little offset. They really felt great, even with the range balls. I used to game Mizuno SELs and now I game the TaylorMade P770s that are foam filled. The MIMs don't feel as good as the Mizzys but they are pretty darn close...definitely a solid feel to them on strike. They do feel much better than my current gamers. I went with the copper MIMs and black PVD AMT X100 shafts because those will look fantastic in my humble opinion. Nippon 120s felt really good but I didn't see any performance difference than the X100. 

Wedges:

They had a 56* in the chrome MIM and in the Snakebite. The MIM is a classic looking wedge and it suits my eye. I didn't hit any wedges as my time was limited and I couldn't sneak over to the short game area with them. 

Overall

I'm excited to see the finished product and see the performance these sticks bring to my game. It was a lot of fun seeing the Radspeed driver come alive after a few demo session in big box stores that really left me discouraged. 

Note: There wasn't a trackman or launch monitor at this demo so I had to go off of feel and sight. That's not something I enjoy doing as I like to have data back-up my decisions. Oh well, I'll make it happen.  

They had irons for days for the right-handed crew. 5, 7 and 9 iron available in all lines. Lucky b@stards. 

Awesome that you are getting the copper MIMs....So damn sexy!

• Like 2

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

@PMookie Lions colors!!!

You would think for this challenge you’d want to pick the colors of a winner...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Txgolfjunkie,...

your bag will win “BEST LOOKING” wherever , and whenever you go anywhere...

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

51 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Wow. I thought we were friends.... 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Whoa guy... We're gonna be back to losing in the NFC wild card very soon just wait until we get rid of Jared Goof

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

So is that all the bags locked and loaded? 

Did anyone end up with something different than they were expecting going into the fitting? I know we had a number of 7 woods and big fairways and different wedge combinations. 

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

35 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

So is that all the bags locked and loaded? 

Did anyone end up with something different than they were expecting going into the fitting? I know we had a number of 7 woods and big fairways and different wedge combinations. 

I got my fitting early next week. I couldn’t line one up this week with a Cobra rep and didn’t want to just hit a driver and 7 iron at the PGA Superstore. Once I’m in, we will be ready to submit. 

• Like 3

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

2 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

That’s awesome on the MIMs! #TeamChad might have 2 sets of Copper MIMs in play! Hoping they suit my eye early next week. 

I’ve heard the big tour 3 wood is hottttt off the face. Obviously you liked it, did you hit it off the ground and tee or just tee since you said you’ll mainly use it for positioning/tighter fairways.

I didn't get to hit the big tour 3W, just the standard 3W. The rails on the cobra fairway woods are the best in the biz. I gamed the F7+ for years simply for the occasional fairway/first cut 3W into a par 5. I didn't even hit the standard 3W off the tee because I was so impressed off the turf...and that was off of common bermuda grass where the ball sits down ever so slightly. My rationale: if the standard 3W is this good, the Big Tour HAS to be even better.

• Like 5

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

On 5/16/2021 at 2:25 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

Driver:

Fairway/Utilities

Irons:

Wedges:

Overall

A lefty with the MIMs? I think my loyalties have been decided early this year 😍

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

A lefty with the MIMs? I think my loyalties have been decided early this year 😍

What's crazy is that the fitter only had a chrome MIM but those aren't available to lefties, just the copper. However the copper heads and black shafts will be legit. Look good, play good. 

• Like 4

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

7 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

What's crazy is that the fitter only had a chrome MIM but those aren't available to lefties, just the copper. However the copper heads and black shafts will be legit. Look good, play good. 

The copper are basically a dream club for me. I'll be in your corner for this as well! Can't wait to see some of those photos of them when they arrive. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Just now, jlukes said:

As far as we know, CC5 will still only be 13 clubs, but that doesn’t mean I can’t get excited for this

I have seen the Dufner testing this on the green and I love the techy look of the putters Cobra is putting out. Would love to give one a roll and see it up close once its out. 

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

As far as we know, CC5 will still only be 13 clubs, but that doesn’t mean I can’t get excited for this

Looks like more 3-D printed tech. The Supersport came in at $399, so I'm guessing this will be $450 at least.

• Like 2

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Anything you testers will be honing in on your game wise? Is there something you’re looking for out of a specific grouping of clubs to benefit/improve a certain aspect of your game? Early thoughts.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸