Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Anything you testers will be honing in on your game wise? Is there something you’re looking for out of a specific grouping of clubs to benefit/improve a certain aspect of your game? Early thoughts.

For me the big two are distance off the tee (especially with Driver, my current one spins way too much and tends to balloon and fall short) and distance control in my irons (I currently have quite a bit of inconsistency).

• Like 4

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

To build on that anyone have some plans around the arcoss data you will have acess to for using that data to work on your scoring? I found that data helpful for selecting target and such.

• Like 3

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS Review

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

Are any of you planning to play around with the weights in the bottom of the driver? I did really well with my F9 but when, for a laugh, I added an 18gm weight to the front and a 14 in the back it became a bomb machine!!

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Anything you testers will be honing in on your game wise? Is there something you’re looking for out of a specific grouping of clubs to benefit/improve a certain aspect of your game? Early thoughts.

I’ll get into my game/struggles/strengths a little bit later but fairway finders and 100 yards and in shots would be the two areas. I have not owned a set of Arccos sensors before, so I’m looking forward to getting a baseline with the clubs I have now and then really see how it compares with the Cobras.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

19 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Are any of you planning to play around with the weights in the bottom of the driver? I did really well with my F9 but when, for a laugh, I added an 18gm weight to the front and a 14 in the back it became a bomb machine!!

First swing of range session, right? That’ll get you good and loose for the remainder of the day. 

• Haha 2

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Thinking about it - $25 a pop for the weights on Cobra’s site seems a little steep though so I’ll see how it performs first before I turn to that. 

• Like 1

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

7 hours ago, jlukes said:

As far as we know, CC5 will still only be 13 clubs, but that doesn’t mean I can’t get excited for this

Looks intriguing for sure....got kinda of a Spider look to it

• Like 1

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I did the same with my F7, when I put the heavier weight in front it really came alive!! I still hate that it got stolen

• Sad 2

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

11 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Depends what I see on the course in the first few rounds. If I need to add a little spin I will swap the front weight and back weight. My swing weight should be close to wear I like it so I can’t imagine adding too much extra weight

• Like 3

CC5 sig.png

8 hours ago, TBT said:

I did the same with my F7, when I put the heavier weight in front it really came alive!! I still hate that it got stolen

Aah man, I’m getting nostalgic for my old F6 driver with the green accents 😢 ... had that club for 5 years or so before upgrading to the TS2. 

But yes, I switched the heavier weight to the front and I had a more penetrating ball flight and roll out. The great thing about the F6 is that I don’t ever recall going through a slump with that driver. 

The 🙌🏼 ... GO CANES!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19*

Irons: post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS2 (5i-6i); TS1 (7i-GW)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

I need to work on hitting more GIR to help me lower my overall scores. I think having one length and being able to have same swing from 4 hybrid through lob wedge will help with my consistency and scoring. I have not used arcos so I am excited to see where it says I need to improve and how the cobra clubs help me achieve those improvements. 

• Like 3

Soon to be replaced by Cobra Gear. Thank you MyGolfSpy and Cobra!! 

Driver: TSi2 8.25 Ventus Black 6TX

TSi2 16.5 Tensei Raw White 85TX

DI: Vapor Pro 3 - LAGP 105X 

Irons: 4-6 T100 7-PW 620 CB X100

Wedges: SM8 50.12 at 51,  RTX zipcore 55, 60 mid - all KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 

Legacy Goods Powell Prototype 

-PROV1X or Prov1

It's a love fest in here. What happened to the good old days of smack talking?

I'm jumping on the Team Yags ship and will follow along as they roll to an easy victory.

Really curious to see how @LeftyMatt89 performs with the one lengths and how @jlukes clubs compare to his high level fitted clubs. In fact, how would you compare the level of fitting you received for the CCC5 to your current gamers? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

23 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I'm jumping on the Team Yags ship and will follow along as they roll to an easy victory.

Really curious to see how @LeftyMatt89 performs with the one lengths and how @jlukes clubs compare to his high level fitted clubs. In fact, how would you compare the level of fitting you received for the CCC5 to your current gamers? 

The level of fitting is really not comparable.  My CC5 fitting was basically a private demo day with me telling the tech rep what I wanted to try.

My fitting at True Spec was basically the same type of fitting a Tour Pro would get.

• Like 2

CC5 sig.png

18 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Really going to try to nail down my distances to a smaller window, right now there’s always a choice between clubs of what to hit. Hoping the arrcos can give me better ideas to what club to use. 

• Like 5

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

34 minutes ago, Brian A said:

Really going to try to nail down my distances to a smaller window, right now there’s always a choice between clubs of what to hit. Hoping the arrcos can give me better ideas to what club to use. 

In my experience, the more I use Arccos, the more I trust it, especially when it comes to the "plays like" distance. There have been a few times I have questioned Arccos, gone a different way, when they had the right choice.

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Well that settles that.  #TEAMCHAD FTW!  Ain't no way I can be rooting for the same team as you!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Just now, B.Boston said:

Well that settles that.  #TEAMCHAD FTW!  Ain't no way I can be rooting for the same team as you!

Oh good, the JV squad has a fan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

On 5/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, gavinski91 said:

Here's what I'm thinking:

1090298787_ScreenShot2021-05-14at3_27_58PM.png.e1c2fbeed78d95c079ec730f5ffccb82.png

Of course, I might change my mind on Monday. Who knows 🤷‍♂️😂

I'm noticing that you all will be getting the Link to try this year, that's exciting. It was hinted at last summer, but I think it was delayed just enough to not make it into #CC4. 

Excited for you to give your thoughts on the MMT and also the Snakebites, both the actual clubs and the gapping chosen.

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.2 (Last Updated July 27, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

All of the reading about fitting experiences is making me nostalgic!

This is already shaping up to be a fantastic group of testers/competitors and Cobra really upped the ante with the Link and bringing in the copper-colored options. I know not everyone loves Cobra's design aesthetics, but they have really put out some good looking clubs again this year that I think can appeal to everyone.

Early indications point to #TeamChad being a solid choice...

• Like 7

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.2 (Last Updated July 27, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

All of the reading about fitting experiences is making me nostalgic!

This is already shaping up to be a fantastic group of testers/competitors and Cobra really upped the ante with the Link and bringing in the copper-colored options. I know not everyone loves Cobra's design aesthetics, but they have really put out some good looking clubs again this year that I think can appeal to everyone.

Early indications point to #TeamChad being a solid choice...

I am interested in the link to not sure if I will swap over to it but still interesting. Was secretly hoping for them to come out with a secret black snakebite wedge option. 

I am leaning #TeamChad at this point as well but waiting for the smack talk like @Wedgie. Anticipating for it to pop off right before the first competition then I can officially choose!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸