Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

Just now, Lacassem said:

I am interested in the link to not sure if I will swap over to it but still interesting. Was secretly hoping for them to come out with a secret black snakebite wedge option. 

I am leaning #TeamChad at this point as well but waiting for the smack talk like @Wedgie. Anticipating for it to pop off right before the first competition then I can officially choose!

Gee, you picking the same side as @B.Boston is a real shocker to us all. So for the record Team Chad has two New England Patriot/Tom Brady loving JV Squad followers on the team. Anyone else really want to be part of that?

• Haha 6

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

9 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Gee, you picking the same side as @B.Boston is a real shocker to us all. So for the record Team Chad has two New England Patriot/Tom Brady loving JV Squad followers on the team. Anyone else really want to be part of that?

I mean... we have a history of winning teams... so yeah, they should want to be part of that!

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I mean... we have a history of winning teams... so yeah, they should want to be part of that!

I grew up in the Denver area, so my first three years as a sports fan were Stanley Cup > Super Bowl > Super Bowl (giving my age away a little bit there...)

It leads to a culture of #winning that the lesser among us will never understand, but I won't hold that against them.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

21 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

If 6 championships is JV follower then you can crown us now 🤣. TB can pound sand. Pulling for some Bruins hoisting over the next few weeks!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I finally got a Cobra Rep out to get me fitted with the help of a guy I take lessons from, Neil Thompson (plug - he qualified for the Senior PGA Championship next week! Pulling for Neil and hope he crushes it).

Here is what I decided on and thoughts from the fitting below. 

image.png.e157c2a71dbfdeeb481f8549141b982d.png

Fitting worked out great as it was just me, Neil, and the Cobra rep. See pictures at the end. We had a Foresight Gamechanger (trackman was being used elsewhere) on site that helped hone in the distances, total spin, and launch angle. I had a lot of options to choose from in terms of shafts and heads. The one thing I did not get to try out were the MIM wedges, but there were brand new Snakebite wedges there to try out. 

Going into the fitting I knew I wanted to find a shaft that works for my irons and figure out what I wanted to do with my 4 iron through driver. 

Driver: My miss sometimes is a left pull/ when its really bad, it is a left hook, so I knew I would not be going with the XB or XD driver. I really just wanted to find a shaft that would fit my swing. I started out with the Motore X F1, but kept having a lower ball flight than what I was used to even with a +1 setting. I ended up gaming the Smoke RDX Blue as the ball flight, distance were better along with a much lower spin rate of around 2000. The matte blue finish didn't suit my eye online, but I actually preferred it once seeing it in person. I included one of my swings with the driver at the end. Roasts are acceptable if desired.

Fairway/Utilities: I decided to game the Big Tour 3 wood as a mini second driver off the tee for those tight fairways. This club was hot off the face and lower trajectory as the weight is all up front. I plan on using my 5 wood and 4 hybrid as those longer second shots in the fairway as needed. The club face for the hybrid does appear closed at address, but I didn't have any problems with a big draw. I did go the heaviest shaft as I could fine to make sure that doesn't happen. I tried to like the Utility iron but only caught it flush 3/6 times. When I did though, it felt and sounded awesome. Ultimately I think I could control the hybrid more than the utility iron.

Irons: Like @txgolfjunkie, I am going with the Copper finish on the MIMs with a black KBS tour shaft. Hoping they will look as slick as I'm hoping. The Cobra rep did warn me about sand based ranges as those will be the ones to really wear off that copper finish. The irons I game now are KBS Tour 90S and I bought them right off the shelf not thinking about much 6 years ago. Now I realized I probably needed a heavier shaft, hence the 120g. I really did love the feel as it felt like I was puring every shot. Since we are throwing out 7 iron numbers, mine was in the 175-180 yd range.

Wedges: I have had my eye on the Snakebite wedges ever since they were released. I got to try the full face groove around the green and out of the sand and loved it. Looking forward to seeing how the full face compares to the SM7 60 I typically use around the green.

image.png.d9069401c11e7651ac885fa14cef93c6.png

image.png.4eb01101ae3cf0461561dce9fbf21027.png

image.png.1a82928f0c74606ea39272454d6e65d1.pngimage.png.7643ed16e69d0f3ede325228baeb6f48.pngimage.png.c71f126def3b86017e48720953fad4a7.png

Looks like a good time!

You and @jlukes were the only ones to not go with a set GW. Do you anticipate using your GW on partial shots and around the green often?

• Like 2

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

23 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Looks like a good time!

You and @jlukes were the only ones to not go with a set GW. Do you anticipate using your GW on partial shots and around the green often?

To be honest, I just liked the look of the snakebite wedge. I also currently find myself choosing to hit my 56 degree more in the fairway than my gap wedge when I’m in between those clubs. I guess it’s feel thing for me. I plan to use my 58 and 54 for shots around and closer to the green.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I'm enjoying reading about the fitting experiences each of you have had and you all are hitting it out of the park. It's going to be a fun summer following along and seeing how each of you get along with the Cobras. As always, I'll be following the one length tester @LeftyMatt89 and seeing if he adjusts to them as quickly as @daviddvm did last year.

I'm still in awe of that. 

I'm also curious how the testers sporting the Snakebite wedges will like them. It'll also be cool to see the copper MIM's, I think they'll look great!

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I finally got a Cobra Rep out to get me fitted with the help of a guy I take lessons from, Neil Thompson (plug - he qualified for the Senior PGA Championship next week! Pulling for Neil and hope he crushes it).

Fitting worked out great as it was just me, Neil, and the Cobra rep. See pictures at the end. We had a Foresight Gamechanger (trackman was being used elsewhere) on site that helped hone in the distances, total spin, and launch angle. I had a lot of options to choose from in terms of shafts and heads. The one thing I did not get to try out were the MIM wedges, but there were brand new Snakebite wedges there to try out. 

Going into the fitting I knew I wanted to find a shaft that works for my irons and figure out what I wanted to do with my 4 iron through driver. 

Driver: My miss sometimes is a left pull/ when its really bad, it is a left hook, so I knew I would not be going with the XB or XD driver. I really just wanted to find a shaft that would fit my swing. I started out with the Motore X F1, but kept having a lower ball flight than what I was used to even with a +1 setting. I ended up gaming the Smoke RDX Blue as the ball flight, distance were better along with a much lower spin rate of around 2000. The matte blue finish didn't suit my eye online, but I actually preferred it once seeing it in person. I included one of my swings with the driver at the end. Roasts are acceptable if desired.

Fairway/Utilities: I decided to game the Big Tour 3 wood as a mini second driver off the tee for those tight fairways. This club was hot off the face and lower trajectory as the weight is all up front. I plan on using my 5 wood and 4 hybrid as those longer second shots in the fairway as needed. The club face for the hybrid does appear closed at address, but I didn't have any problems with a big draw. I did go the heaviest shaft as I could fine to make sure that doesn't happen. I tried to like the Utility iron but only caught it flush 3/6 times. When I did though, it felt and sounded awesome. Ultimately I think I could control the hybrid more than the utility iron.

Irons: Like @txgolfjunkie, I am going with the Copper finish on the MIMs with a black KBS tour shaft. Hoping they will look as slick as I'm hoping. The Cobra rep did warn me about sand based ranges as those will be the ones to really wear off that copper finish. The irons I game now are KBS Tour 90S and I bought them right off the shelf not thinking about much 6 years ago. Now I realized I probably needed a heavier shaft, hence the 120g. I really did love the feel as it felt like I was puring every shot. Since we are throwing out 7 iron numbers, mine was in the 175-180 yd range.

Wedges: I have had my eye on the Snakebite wedges ever since they were released. I got to try the full face groove around the green and out of the sand and loved it. Looking forward to seeing how the full face compares to the SM7 60 I typically use around the green.

image.png.1a82928f0c74606ea39272454d6e65d1.pngimage.png.7643ed16e69d0f3ede325228baeb6f48.pngimage.png.c71f126def3b86017e48720953fad4a7.png

Great write up and love the fitting experience and glad they had some great options for you. Look forward to seeing how they work.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

57 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Swings like that are the reason I feel so sure about #teamChad. 

@Wedgie you should be shaking in your boots!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Great write up, great pictures, great video! 

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Oh, wow! An old GC2 without the camera… I’m very surprised by that! 

I’d get the copper covered irons if they were a little darker. I’ve always wanted a set of beryllium Ping irons, so I rather the deeper color than these. 

Looks like a great set-up, and I’m glad you were able to get a fitting done! NICE!

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Looks like a good time!

I use my gap wedge from everywhere. Full shots, partial shots , low pitches and chips. May be one of the most used clubs in my bag and I like the versatility a specialty GW provides 

• Like 2

CC5 sig.png

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Swings like that are the reason I feel so sure about #teamChad. 

@Wedgie you should be shaking in your boots!

Yeah it’s a nice swing but once you convince these guys to go on the TB12 diet it’s all downhill from there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Looks like a solid full bag fitting for Mt today.  Love those copper finished irons...

• Like 1

Glad to see folks are going with the copper finish. Really interested to see how it wears. Itll sure look great on day 1 though!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

Oh, wow! An old GC2 without the camera… I’m very surprised by that! 

I’d get the copper covered irons if they were a little darker. I’ve always wanted a set of beryllium Ping irons, so I rather the deeper color than these. 

Looks like a great set-up, and I’m glad you were able to get a fitting done! NICE!

I'd be curious if the brushed copper finish from the Golf Garage holds up better than the Cobra Copper PVD finish. I'll be tempted to send them off after the challenge if they start to look a little rough. 

• Like 2

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

13 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

image.png.ad39a68ab13d7f6a761da7d91f4c4d2c.png

I’m very interested to see the copper irons. 

• Love 1