Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Sweeeeeet! Arccos stuff is starting to arrive! Time for the fun to begin!

Who’s getting out there for a baseline round this weekend? 

As long as the rain holds off I have a 7:40 tee time Sunday and a 7 am next Saturday 

• Like 5

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Just now, Brian A said:

As long as the rain holds off I have a 7:40 tee time Sunday and a 7 am next Saturday 

Nice! I feel like those first 5 rounds took forever to unlock all the Arccos features.  But it ended up being pretty eye opening and perfect to lead into the challenges last year. 

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Nice! I feel like those first 5 rounds took forever to unlock all the Arccos features.  But it ended up being pretty eye opening and perfect to lead into the challenges last year. 

I will say the one thing I don’t like is that locked down until you play. I like to go in and mess around with apps and see what they look like

• Like 4

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 minute ago, Brian A said:

I will say the one thing I don’t like is that locked down until you play. I like to go in and mess around with apps and see what they look like

Unfortunately it's like any other algorithm, it needs data to be able to give results but that means you HAVE to play lots of golf 😁😎

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

4 minutes ago, Brian A said:

Yeah I would have liked to play around in it more too. Just like right now I wish the web browser was fully updated and ready.  I get that the app is more used by most though. 

• Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

5 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Unfortunately it's like any other algorithm, it needs data to be able to give results but that means you HAVE to play lots of golf 😁😎

Haha yes it’s just Terrible when you *have* to go golfing twice a week isn’t it?! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Haha yes it’s just Terrible when you *have* to go golfing twice a week isn’t it?! 😂

Whadda ya mean twice? I was thinking 5 times at least!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

25 minutes ago, Brian A said:

The app is IMO really good and user friendly. Once ya have that baseline you’ll be cruising!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

44 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Thankfully I have about 10 rounds with Arcoss already with my current clubs from my time using the system in 2019 and 2020.  

My plan is to use a different email to create a new Arccos account once my cobra clubs arrive so I can view side by side data from my current set to the Cobras. 

How did previous CC participants handle having Arccos on their current clubs and then getting the Corba clubs with the connected grips?

• Like 4

CC5 sig.png

6 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Thankfully I have about 10 rounds with Arcoss already with my current clubs from my time using the system in 2019 and 2020.  

My plan is to use a different email to create a new Arccos account once my cobra clubs arrive so I can view side by side data from my current set to the Cobras. 

How did previous CC participants handle having Arccos on their current clubs and then getting the Corba clubs with the connected grips?

I ended up having to do what you did.  There were a few issues with my subscriptionless sensors and getting the cobra ones activated without charging me on that address.  We decided it was easiest for me to use a separate account after the baseline period.  

Since then I’ve continued to use the new cobra account even though with the shaft change I did most of my sensors are back to my subscription free ones.  Once I regrip my wedges I’ll no longer need a subscription, but I’m good for a little while longer on the Cobra account.

I think most of the other guys last year were either new users or current subscription users so there were no conflicts with existing accounts.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I was a new user and had no issues when switching from the baseline clubs to the F9s. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

I was a new user and had no issues when switching from the baseline clubs to the F9s. 

But how did you compare statistics between your previous set and your cobra set?

• Like 1

CC5 sig.png

35 minutes ago, jlukes said:

But how did you compare statistics between your previous set and your cobra set?

You can choose a date range in Arccos.  Or at least you used to be able to.  I don’t see that option right now outside of “last XX rounds.”

I know that you can mark individual rounds to be counted or excluded from your stats... but that would sort of be a pain to toggle between them.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jlukes said:

In the app, under clubs, it has paired clubs and unpaired clubs. Once you have collected your baseline don't delete your current gamers when you pair the Cobra clubs. That way you will be able to compare between the two.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Remember this question when we have the kickoff call, which we will try to get scheduled shortly after the holiday weekend.  

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Y’all are REALLY going to like the Link! Mine has worked great since day one, and the battery actually lasts for days! I’ve had to use the phone in the pocket twice due to leaving the Link in another bag, and I can’t stand it! I do check the app after each hole to make sure all shots were captured, and so far I haven’t had many missed shots at all. My phone is attached to a holder on the cart, so it works out well.Just wait until you start seeing how much the wind is actually affecting each shot, and the adjusted yardage is given. I’ve found it to be very accurate!

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

In the app, under clubs, it has paired clubs and unpaired clubs. Once you have collected your baseline don't delete your current gamers when you pair the Cobra clubs. That way you will be able to compare between the two.

Second this. You can switch back and forth or add in new/old clubs relatively easily. 
pixlr.jpg.10350ca57f72822fa074a94107b6ada5.jpg

What I like is that the history of your older clubs is kept so you can easily compare information between them. The only thing I came across was sensors not repairing, however anytime that happened Arccos was awesome and sent out a new one the same day and would get it shortly after (I lived in Canada so I would think the states would get them quicker). Either way it gives you a easy way to compare between the two without having two accounts. 

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, Brian A said:

following @jlukeslead, I really liked his idea on prethoughts of clubs coming

Although I didn’t have a true fitting as I couldn’t find a good one locally that I could get in with I was able to go to the local big box store that had a demo set of everything but the wedges

Most Comfortable Clubs: Radspeed Irons, hitting the demo set I was striking the ball really well and it seemed to be more controlled than what I am used to, as well as flying further (which I later realized there’s about a club difference in lofts) than my normal distances. The felt great on impact as well! 

Most Worrisome Clubs: Radspeed Big Tour Fairway, if I hit it well it went far, but based on the demo swings it’s a big IF. 

Sleeper club: MIM wedges, wasn’t able to hit them but reading about the wide low it could be magical for me. My current wedges are my favorite club in the bag so the MIM will have a challenge.

I had some very similar expectations going into last year's challenge and I was right about everything except the Big Tour Fairway, which turned out to be a huge surprise off the tee and the deck and continues to be my favorite club in the bag!

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

I had some very similar expectations going into last year's challenge and I was right about everything except the Big Tour Fairway, which turned out to be a huge surprise off the tee and the deck and continues to be my favorite club in the bag!

Here’s hoping!!! I think the upside possibilities are there for the big tour, but I’ve alaways struggled with woods. Be nice to have a long club when I’m struggling with driver 

• Like 2

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Anyone know if Cobra has new wedges coming out?  This is from 1 day ago.  See the covered wedges?  He mentions them.

• Like 2

i210, 10.5* M4 @ 44.5", X, TEE 18* ladies edition, two ball, Righty, North of North, Currently stuck in the 80s...