Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

54 minutes ago, Clayton said:

Anyone know if Cobra has new wedges coming out?  This is from 1 day ago.  See the covered wedges?  He mentions them.

Hmmmmm maybe black or copper finished snakebites?

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Always a fun thread to follow. Looking forward to this year's challenge getting started. Congrats testers, and have Fun!

• Like 1

Driver:  PXG 211 Project X Evenflow CB, 50g 5.5

Fariway:  PXG 211, 3-Wood Project X Evenflow CB, 60g 5.5

Hybrid:   PXG 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

Irons:  :titelist-small: T300 4-5, T200 6-PW Nippon 880 Pro R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 50*, 54*, 58*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Rossie

First round with the arrcos sensors and it was rough. Not sure if user error of what but the link picked up only my putter, switched to phone and gps was way off, like hitting 600 yard drives from totally wrong tee boxes… spent much of the round manually editing the shots and clubs. Then post round I have no driver stats. Shot a tough 93, had one really really bad hole 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

31 minutes ago, Brian A said:

First round with the arrcos sensors and it was rough. Not sure if user error of what but the link picked up only my putter, switched to phone and gps was way off, like hitting 600 yard drives from totally wrong tee boxes… spent much of the round manually editing the shots and clubs. Then post round I have no driver stats. Shot a tough 93, had one really really bad hole 

I’ll double check but I’m pretty sure @gregarccos is going to be around the thread this year to help out with any technical issues.   So tagging him on this for any thoughts  

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

5 hours ago, Clayton said:

Anyone know if Cobra has new wedges coming out?  This is from 1 day ago.  See the covered wedges?  He mentions them.

The covered wedges are Bryson’s Artisan wedges. He couldn’t talk about them due to his sponsorship deal with cobra

• Like 1

CC5 sig.png

3 hours ago, Brian A said:

I had my first round as well on Friday. The link picked up everything for me and I thought it worked great. Like you though, I don’t have any distances on the “smart distance” tab for my driver even though it shows on the “usage” tab my 11 drives. 

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I have the iphone 7 plus and it barely misses any shots.  Have noticed thicker pockets or material doesn't allow the phone to hear shots as well, but still only misses some putts while thinner clothing nearly every shot is picked up.  GPS - I have never had an accuracy issue but I use iPhone.  Seems like a lot of people need to turn on an Android phone like 15 minutes before their round to get a good GPS location.  I've never used the link before.  Did you go in the section of the app where you can test the pairing to make sure they all paired well?

i210, 10.5* M4 @ 44.5", X, TEE 18* ladies edition, two ball, Righty, North of North, Currently stuck in the 80s...

On 5/29/2021 at 1:45 AM, B.Boston said:

I ended up having to do what you did.  There were a few issues with my subscriptionless sensors and getting the cobra ones activated without charging me on that address.  We decided it was easiest for me to use a separate account after the baseline period.  

Since then I’ve continued to use the new cobra account even though with the shaft change I did most of my sensors are back to my subscription free ones.  Once I regrip my wedges I’ll no longer need a subscription, but I’m good for a little while longer on the Cobra account.

I think most of the other guys last year were either new users or current subscription users so there were no conflicts with existing accounts.

OK, little funny thing.  I saw your post and noticed you are from Bellingham.  I am as well - we have a ton of golf courses in the area, but I do know quite a few people that golf, or at least recognize them.  Anyway, couldn't figure out who you are and just looked at your post again, and you are from Bellingham, MA - NOT Bellingham, WA.  LOL.  Just one letter can make all the difference!

• Haha 5

i210, 10.5* M4 @ 44.5", X, TEE 18* ladies edition, two ball, Righty, North of North, Currently stuck in the 80s...

12 minutes ago, Clayton said:

OK, little funny thing.  I saw your post and noticed you are from Bellingham.  I am as well - we have a ton of golf courses in the area, but I do know quite a few people that golf, or at least recognize them.  Anyway, couldn't figure out who you are and just looked at your post again, and you are from Bellingham, MA - NOT Bellingham, WA.  LOL.  Just one letter can make all the difference!

Haha that’s too funny. 

DDA954F4-69F1-4EE1-94AD-2CA555A82E70.jpeg.0eddecb552a6c79043dd03cb8f81277a.jpeg

we’re practically neighbors! If you’re ever out here or I’m ever out there we can have a Bellingham challenge!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

48 minutes ago, Clayton said:

I have the iphone 7 plus and it barely misses any shots.  Have noticed thicker pockets or material doesn't allow the phone to hear shots as well, but still only misses some putts while thinner clothing nearly every shot is picked up.  GPS - I have never had an accuracy issue but I use iPhone.  Seems like a lot of people need to turn on an Android phone like 15 minutes before their round to get a good GPS location.  I've never used the link before.  Did you go in the section of the app where you can test the pairing to make sure they all paired well?

I did not do the testing, I read about that after the round. I have iPhone 12 Pro so it shouldn’t be a phone thing. My Garmin watch was giving me good distances and I was wearing a fairly thin pant. Will keep trying to fix it

• Like 1

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

27 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Haha that’s too funny. 

DDA954F4-69F1-4EE1-94AD-2CA555A82E70.jpeg.0eddecb552a6c79043dd03cb8f81277a.jpeg

we’re practically neighbors! If you’re ever out here or I’m ever out there we can have a Bellingham challenge!

I support this a battle for the one true Bellingham.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS Review

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

10 hours ago, Clayton said:

No.
But Cleveland has a wedge release being announced tomorrow if that helps anything 😀

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

I'm excited to get out on the course with the Link because I'm having a few issues with the Apple Watch (series 6) tracking shots with the Arccos over the last few rounds. I've used Arccos over the last year and have enjoyed the post round data, but if the app puts me on a different hole or i don't register a putt, it gets a little wonky and I start seeing shots recorded on the wrong hole. I'm also seen the app not recognize my watch at the start of the round. 

• Like 7
  • :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* w/ VA Composites Nemesys 65 X tipped 1/2" 
  • :ping-small: G425 LST 3W 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 75X
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
  • :taylormade-small: 2020 P770 5-PW w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0 54* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S400
  • :ping-small: Sigma 2 Arna - 35.25"...coming soon: Evnroll ER5B
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

So does Cobra ship with UPS or FedEx?  Asking for a friend 

I am pretty sure golf industry uses FedEx but I am curious if anyone knows definitively. I am anxious too! 

• Like 1

Cobra Bag                                                                                Current Bag 

Driver: Radspeed XB 9 Motore 6X                                          Driver: TSi2 8.25 Ventus Black 6TX

Fairways: 3&7 Radspeed Motore F1 7X                                  Fairway:TSi2 16.5 Tensei Raw White 85TX 

Hybrid: OL 4 Hybrid Tensei White 100TX                               DI: Vapor Pro 3 - LAGP 105X 

Irons: Radspeed OL 5-GW KBS $Taper 130X                         Irons: 4-6 T100 7-PW 620 CB X100

Wedges: Snakebite OL 56@54 & 60 KBS $-Taper 130X       Wedges: SM8 50.1, RTX Zipcore 55 & 60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 

Legacy Goods Powell Prototype                                             Legacy Goods Powell Prototype 

-PROV1X or Prov1                                                                    -PROV1X or Prov1

@jlukes you can tell your friend they use FedEx. Some of our stuff was overnighted last year too. 🤫

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Got the Arccos sensors set up on my current clubs. 
6D5E36AB-99DF-41C4-9D74-FEF1BBACE16A.jpeg.bfc5468bd74b4ff92b99420d52129f88.jpeg

• Like 6

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

So we can all have a good laugh at me… last night I had a dream I played 18, don’t remember where or how I played but I forgot to turn on my arrcoss sensors / app for tracking and I woke up in a panic 

• Haha 7

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So we can all have a good laugh at me… last night I had a dream I played 18, don’t remember where or how I played but I forgot to turn on my arrcoss sensors / app for tracking and I woke up in a panic 

If this does ever happen in real life, by federal law/USGA rules, you have to play another 18 immediately following your unrecorded round. My wife doesn't like this rule, but I don't want to commit a crime so I press on. The couch and I are pretty good friends on golf days. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* w/ VA Composites Nemesys 65 X tipped 1/2" 
  • :ping-small: G425 LST 3W 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 75X
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
  • :taylormade-small: 2020 P770 5-PW w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0 54* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S400
  • :ping-small: Sigma 2 Arna - 35.25"...coming soon: Evnroll ER5B
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

Oh, I see someone is in for a lot of sleepless nights during this challenge. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3