Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

3 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

That four iron doors indeed looks insane. I have really liked the look of that one. Are you playing it standard or have you adjusted it?

I lofted it down to 21 due to the high flight I’ve been seeing at the range. I really need to get on a trackman or gcquad to figure out gapping and then potentially loft it back up 

34 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I lofted it down to 21 due to the high flight I’ve been seeing at the range. I really need to get on a trackman or gcquad to figure out gapping and then potentially loft it back up 

Makes sense and hope you get that gapping down. Right now though the bomb setup looks fun.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

52 minutes ago, jlukes said:

The irons will continue to be frustrating. I can tell they are fantastic irons, but a poor fit is a poor fit.

... Let me ask you this Joe, and you may not have an answer because it is a hypothetical question. Any chance the MIM irons might challenge your Mizuno's if they had the same shafts? Obviously all the top OEM  irons are so good and personal opinion certainly comes into play with looks at address, feel and head size. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Let me ask you this Joe, and you may not have an answer because it is a hypothetical question. Any chance the MIM irons might challenge your Mizuno's if they had the same shafts? Obviously all the top OEM  irons are so good and personal opinion certainly comes into play with looks at address, feel and head size. 

Honestly I think they could. I don’t see why they couldn’t. On the few pure strikes I’ve had they’ve felt great, launched high and have given me some nice distances. 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

B3F47EED-2ECC-4956-B09F-1C9BCDA1631A.jpeg.7a5b38b0a27fddd671e1fcd05275e7c1.jpeg

Got out for a quick 9 during lunch today. The struggles with the driver and the irons continue. When struck well they fly great. Though the driver seems to be way more penal on mishits when compared to my G410LST. High toe strikes lose a ton of spin. 

The irons will continue to be frustrating. I can tell they are fantastic irons, but a poor fit is a poor fit.  

Continue to love the wedges. Got to hit out of some green side bunkers today and both the 60 widelow and 54 versatile heads gave me great feel and touch out of the sand 

The King Utility iron.  My lord. This thing is bonkers off the tee

E85CCC29-9AF8-4D5C-A5F8-AEC921E00EFC.jpeg.8fbb31b47fec299cfae9d6c40cd6aba9.jpeg

25338612-E187-4DBA-BCC2-AC9D53FBCA68.jpeg.d85e02691c2dd1abffd255d40e2e8276.jpeg

My goodness...276?! Imagine walking up to most short/mid length par 4 tee boxes knowing you can just pull out the 4U and you'll have a mid/short iron/wedge into the green. Did you even feel the ball leave the club face?

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

B3F47EED-2ECC-4956-B09F-1C9BCDA1631A.jpeg.7a5b38b0a27fddd671e1fcd05275e7c1.jpeg

Got out for a quick 9 during lunch today. The struggles with the driver and the irons continue. When struck well they fly great. Though the driver seems to be way more penal on mishits when compared to my G410LST. High toe strikes lose a ton of spin. 

Continue to love the wedges. Got to hit out of some green side bunkers today and both the 60 widelow and 54 versatile heads gave me great feel and touch out of the sand 

The King Utility iron.  My lord. This thing is bonkers off the tee

E85CCC29-9AF8-4D5C-A5F8-AEC921E00EFC.jpeg.8fbb31b47fec299cfae9d6c40cd6aba9.jpeg

25338612-E187-4DBA-BCC2-AC9D53FBCA68.jpeg.d85e02691c2dd1abffd255d40e2e8276.jpeg

Tell me more about the Utility Iron.  I am losing faith in my MP20 HMB and want to start auditioning a replacement.  

Bonkers good speaks to me.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I was waiting for someone to say something. If you’re referring to the Rapsodo launch angle and shot tracers from those videos, those did not accurately show the flight path at all. The range I was hitting on goes up hill and was throwing off the shot tracers. That’s one knock I have with the Rapsodo is the shot tracer.

I might not sky my drives, but I’ve never had any issues with clearing any hills off the tee. I have my current settings for the Cobra at +1 on the 9 degree head as that produced the best results for me during the fitting.

Yeah, was referring to the launch angle and very low shot tracer.  So it actually gives you the wrong degree LA?

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Tell me more about the Utility Iron.  I am losing faith in my MP20 HMB and want to start auditioning a replacement.  

Bonkers good speaks to me.

I have the HMB and love it.  Especially off the deck. Haven’t really hit the King Utility off the deck yet, but off the tee it’s crazy long. 

1 hour ago, txgolfjunkie said:

My goodness...276?! Imagine walking up to most short/mid length par 4 tee boxes knowing you can just pull out the 4U and you'll have a mid/short iron/wedge into the green. Did you even feel the ball leave the club face?

Right? The fairways were a bit firm today, but 270+ off the tee with a four iron is something I’ve never sniffed before 

52 minutes ago, Clayton said:

Yeah, was referring to the launch angle and very low shot tracer.  So it actually gives you the wrong degree LA?

Sorry if my initial response came off as bad data for LA. I don’t think the Rapsodo is producing bad LAs, I think the correlation between the LA and the shot tracers needs to be worked on. The video I attached doesn’t show it the best, but a lot of times, my ball will keep rising, but the shot tracers will stop at a certain point and start going down even though my ball was still rising. That probably has a lot to do with a camera phone trying to track the ball.

**Disclaimer: I love my Rapsodo and use it a lot. Just ticky tacky stuff**

@B.Boston and @GolfSpy_APH will have the opportunity to test that out soon and see what they think. So we can see if they see the same issue or not.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

12 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I have the HMB and love it.  Especially off the deck. Haven’t really hit the King Utility off the deck yet, but off the tee it’s crazy long. 

Sounds like it.  Have fun with it.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Congratulations everyone!!  Have Fun!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 minutes ago, jlukes said:

So quick question for everyone:

If you were in my shoes with the new set of Cobra clubs and got invited to play an exclusive private club, would you take the Cobra set, or your previous gamers that you have a higher level of comfort with?

I’d do a mix bag. Sounds like you really enjoy your wedges and utility iron. Put those in the bag with your previous gamers. You want to play well and have a good time, not be frustrated about your irons and take away from being out there.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

19 minutes ago, jlukes said:

If you were in my shoes with the new set of Cobra clubs and got invited to play an exclusive private club, would you take the Cobra set, or your previous gamers that you have a higher level of comfort with?

Comfort all the way. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

Higher level of comfort. Competition hasn’t started and you want to enjoy the round. When I play Kiawah in a couple weeks I am taking my gamers unless the competition starts. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Where are the reviews?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

4 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Where are the reviews?

We are still in the waiting game right now. The challenge hasn’t started but I know some individuals have given mini reviews already. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

18 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Your Vokey’s have aged well Joe, looking really nice with their patina going on.

You should see the custom grinds I put on them at the end of last season. I’ll take some pics and post them in the appropriate thread. Gave they now have something similar to the Tiger grind (pre worn leading edge, etc)

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

... As others have stated, play exactly what you think gives you the best chance at scoring as well as your own personal enjoyment. It will give you a nice current baseline for your review of the Cobra's. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Competition hasn't officially started yet so...comfort. But as @Mtbryant01alluded, don't forget your King Utility 4i!

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Lunch time range shoutout 

383067B3-2442-44FD-83E5-F22291D6ED39.jpeg

This would seem an exceedingly rare but entirely appropriate occasion to apply the idiom “embarrassment of riches”.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

To me, easy choice to take your gamers, and frankly an easier decision in that you're in an ill-fitting shaft in the MIMs.  Exclusive private club means you'll want to bring your A game and give yourself the best chance to score well; nobody here would fault you for bringing your regular sticks.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

I'll take a different route from everyone else and say bring the Cobra set.  Being selected for the CCC is a great story for the course and the sooner you feel comfortable with the new sticks the sooner you can dominate everyone else in the challenge!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I’m with @Bucky CC in this one. You’ve been given an incredible opportunity here, and maybe this round with the extra pressure of wanting to perform well will be key on you gaining comfort with your Cobra gear. 

Play the Cobra’s and let us know how they perform under pressure!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Cobras all day, given these to test, not even a hesitation IMo

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!