Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

48 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I'll take a different route from everyone else and say bring the Cobra set.  Being selected for the CCC is a great story for the course and the sooner you feel comfortable with the new sticks the sooner you can dominate everyone else in the challenge!

23 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I’m with @Bucky CC in this one. You’ve been given an incredible opportunity here, and maybe this round with the extra pressure of wanting to perform well will be key on you gaining comfort with your Cobra gear. 

Play the Cobra’s and let us know how they perform under pressure!

19 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Cobras all day, given these to test, not even a hesitation IMo

I mean, I get your perspectives and obviously there's no right or wrong here, but imagine getting invited to a nice private club in your area that you're really excited to play, and then being told you have to play someone else's clubs.  Of course you'll still want to go, but wouldn't you feel like you were held back from getting the most out of the round?

The underlying problem is he's got shafts that don't fit him, and from what he mentioned earlier in this thread, he can't really sort them out without making some swing manipulations that aren't best for his game.  Completely agree that being selected is a coveted honor among us spies, but it's kind of a kick in the nuts to have this problem you know?  Given that the competition itself hasn't actually started yet, I can't see taking the Cobra's.

Again, no right or wrong here, and far be it for me to quibble with His Majesty CCC4 Champion @B.Bostonespecially.  🤣

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

26 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I mean, I get your perspectives and obviously there's no right or wrong here, but imagine getting invited to a nice private club in your area that you're really excited to play, and then being told you have to play someone else's clubs.  Of course you'll still want to go, but wouldn't you feel like you were held back from getting the most out of the round?

The underlying problem is he's got shafts that don't fit him, and from what he mentioned earlier in this thread, he can't really sort them out without making some swing manipulations that aren't best for his game.  Completely agree that being selected is a coveted honor among us spies, but it's kind of a kick in the nuts to have this problem you know?  Given that the competition itself hasn't actually started yet, I can't see taking the Cobra's.

Again, no right or wrong here, and far be it for me to quibble with His Majesty CCC4 Champion @B.Bostonespecially.  🤣

Haha. No no. I’m not meaning to start any arguments just offering my opinion.

if I were him and had access to the right tools I’d swap shafts and make sure to note weights and save any tip weights or anything that needed to be changed and put those sweet iron shafts into the cobra heads. 

but I don’t have the equipment to that myself so I can’t blame him there.  Other route would be to source from eBay and make a swap to a better fit. Prob wouldn’t cost much after resale of the ill fit shafts either. 

@jlukes have you considered any options such as shaft pulls to swap in?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 hours ago, jlukes said:

So quick question for everyone:

If you were in my shoes with the new set of Cobra clubs and got invited to play an exclusive private club, would you take the Cobra set, or your previous gamers that you have a higher level of comfort with?

Cobras.  The whole point is to put them through the paces.  For better or worse.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

47 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Double edged sword for sure and no right answer. I just know for me doesn’t matter shaft or not gotta work through it and do the heads their justice is all.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Double edged sword for sure and no right answer. I just know for me doesn’t matter shaft or not gotta work through it and do the heads their justice is all.

... Of course the opposite can happen. His opinion of the heads can (will?) be tainted by ill fitting shafts which would be an injustice to the heads. As you know the Cobra MIM's are my favorite irons so I would find the right shafts and maybe sell the pulls but I do my own work so easy enough for me to say. Having recently played a set of 588TT's with 85gm ill fitting shafts I absolutely hated playing them after loving them when I played them with 110 Recoil shafts. I feel for Joes predicament and no easy answers for sure... 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

32 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Of course the opposite can happen. His opinion of the heads can (will?) be tainted by ill fitting shafts which would be an injustice to the heads. As you know the Cobra MIM's are my favorite irons so I would find the right shafts and maybe sell the pulls but I do my own work so easy enough for me to say. Having recently played a set of 588TT's with 85gm ill fitting shafts I absolutely hated playing them after loving them when I played them with 110 Recoil shafts. I feel for Joes predicament and no easy answers for sure... 

this is true, Maybe bring all but the irons. Again for me I could work it out but is what it is!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

this is true, Maybe bring all but the irons. Again for me I could work it out but is what it is!

... Exactly what I would probably do. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

8 hours ago, jlukes said:

If you were in my shoes with the new set of Cobra clubs and got invited to play an exclusive private club, would you take the Cobra set, or your previous gamers that you have a higher level of comfort with?

As a teammate on the CCC take the cobras so you can get used to them for the challenge and help our team win! 

That being said, the purpose of rounds like this is to enjoy it and if you won’t enjoy with the cobras, take your gamers and go low! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Great stuff man!  Really impressive numbers with the driver!

I got a little rollout from some of those drives and 1 cart path bounce, but still pretty impressed. Hope it stays that way. Thought it wouldn’t have a chance to compete with my Ping, but we will see.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

4 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

@Mtbryant01 Hoover CC? I bet that course...sucks..

/dad joke

If only it could suck up all the water we have been getting lately…course is in a valley. Here was the latest heavy rainfall storm that came through.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

10 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Asked for the matte grey driver head and got the blue instead, so I might have to get a different headcover that matches better. Also got the 70g driver shaft instead of 60g, but I think that might end up being a blessing in disguise. Everything else (shaft and head) is what I wanted. 

Glad they showed up! I'm a little bummed on your behalf that you didn't get a few of the things you requested, but like you said, the heavier shaft may end up working out better. With supply chain issues being what they are all over the place, I think we're all accepting that testers may not be able to get exactly what they asked for this time around. Hope everything ends up working out just fine for your swing. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 8/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, jlukes said:

100% going with the rest of the group and go with what you feel the most comfortable with.  This is a one time thing, so you want to play your best!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

11 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Asked for the matte grey driver head and got the blue instead, so I might have to get a different headcover that matches better. Also got the 70g driver shaft instead of 60g, but I think that might end up being a blessing in disguise. Everything else (shaft and head) is what I wanted.

I at least got the shafts I asked for but also wanted the matte head, got one matte and 2 glossy (yes the ocd in me is going crazy) 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Good first round with the new sticks!

660BC885-FD2E-44B5-B441-C73EDAC87B89.jpeg.4f5d70afefb5c5101d4f4451ee70d95c.jpeg

I hit the woods much better on the course than I did on the range yesterday. Driver felt great, but I started to spray it a bit towards the end of the round. Putting is usually my strength, but it was absolutely atrocious today. 

Overall though this gave me a ton of confidence moving forward with the new clubs! Vacation next week means a round with my father-in-law - he’s been busy with his business this year and hasn’t gotten out at all yet this season, so I’m predicting I beat him by 20 strokes I kind of feel bad - I remember when I started dating my wife I played a few rounds with him and he pretty consistently beat me, but that tables have turned there and I know it frustrates him, even though he’s way too nice to say anything. But I think it’s also a testament to where my game is right now - I feel confident over pretty much every shot I’m taking, even if it’s an approach from a distance I’ve never hit a green prior to the new clubs!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS