Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

I'm glad to see the clubs arriving and the pictures you all have posted are looking good! I'm really looking forward to getting the competition started and hearing how the clubs work for all of you. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Got a ring alert from my driveway and clicked to see FedEx delivering another long skinny box   

My sister swung over to put the box in my garage and sent me this picture. I guess my irons will be waiting for me when I get home from vacation on Friday!

DF22C090-80BA-4DF6-9149-511DA6FA67A1.jpeg

Oh yea, it's about to get real now...

Tons Of Water GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

... sorry, just couldn't help myself 😬.  I've now got to get busy picking a horse for this contest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

One of my better rounds today but finally crossed off a bucket course for me. Warren Golf Course at University of Notre Dame!

The only clubs I have are the wedges. I love them, they are soft and I feel like After a few rounds they will be deadly. 

229B7E7E-F286-4370-B580-B16896A1EF08.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

43 minutes ago, Brian A said:

One of my better rounds today but finally crossed off a bucket course for me. Warren Golf Course at University of Notre Dame!

The only clubs I have are the wedges. I love them, they are soft and I feel like After a few rounds they will be deadly. 

229B7E7E-F286-4370-B580-B16896A1EF08.png

I played the Warren ~7-8 years ago and really enjoyed it. I keep trying plan another excuse to stop in South Bend to play again.

• Like 3

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

51 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I played the Warren ~7-8 years ago and really enjoyed it. I keep trying plan another excuse to stop in South Bend to play again.

I would play it again tomorrow if I had the chance! Wasn’t really long course but challenging and made you keep the ball in play, which was a miracle for me! 

• Like 4

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

9 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I played early this morning in Galveston, TX and the mosquitos really killed the mood. We were in such a hurry to get through the round I didn't get many good shots of the maiden voyage with my new Cobra sticks. However, one mosquito did land on my ball just before I hit and this was the end result:

A10DC99F-11EC-4A5F-9CE7-3368038367F3.jpeg.6463baeb378d9d82c1edf237de028069.jpeg

I'll clean up some video and add some shots/round summary with the arccos. 

The wedges around the greens were the biggest surprise of the day. Just amazing feel and excellent spin control, even in the wet conditions. 

Either way those Copper MIMs look fantastic.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

4 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Either way those Copper MIMs look fantastic.

They actually frame the ball really well against green grass. I don't know how they will look against dormant bermuda in the winter, but the color contrast really looks great in the summer(as seen in the photo). This is also my first time gaming black steel shafts. The shafts don't draw your attention like a chrome shaft which means your eyes are drawn to the copper blade against the golf ball. This combo is very pleasing to my eyes.

Oh and the feel/sound is really, really good. Like flush an iron and think 'Wow!' Yes, it's that good. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

5 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

They actually frame the ball really well against green grass. I don't know how they will look against dormant bermuda in the winter, but the color contrast really looks great in the summer(as seen in the photo). This is also my first time gaming black steel shafts. The shafts don't draw your attention like a chrome shaft which means your eyes are drawn to the copper blade against the golf ball. This combo is very pleasing to my eyes.

Oh and the feel/sound is really, really good. Like flush an iron and think 'Wow!' Yes, it's that good. 

Well we don't get dormant without snow so I can avoid that 😆. But I like the idea of a darker shaft with that head.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

5 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I played early this morning in Galveston, TX and the mosquitos really killed the mood. We were in such a hurry to get through the round I didn't get many good shots of the maiden voyage with my new Cobra sticks. However, one mosquito did land on my ball just before I hit and this was the end result:

A10DC99F-11EC-4A5F-9CE7-3368038367F3.jpeg.6463baeb378d9d82c1edf237de028069.jpeg

I'll clean up some video and add some shots/round summary with the arccos. 

The wedges around the greens were the biggest surprise of the day. Just amazing feel and excellent spin control, even in the wet conditions. 

Nice looking clubs.

Here's my maiden voyage with the Cobra clubs:

8A3AB4DB-4C02-48C3-AAE4-70FAAFE5D994.png.56134094f4c9717ba5fbfcce764775e6.png

Driver: Still need to work on this. Strikes are consistently high on the face that produce a pull/draw but strikes in center of face seen to spin pretty high and don't travel as far. I flipped the weights and saw a better ball flight but not nearly the distance I'm getting with my gamer. I'll need to find some time to work with this. 

Tour 3 Wood: 255y off the deck into a par 5 and 270y average off the tee. Just low bullets off the tee. Great stuff.

Tour 5 wood: I don't need to use a tee with this club ever again. I was hitting some high fades with it and then just hit it off the deck in a short par 4 and it flew the way I want it to. Love how easy this club is to hit. 

Irons: most of my missed greens (hit 13/18) were due to my expectation of the wind moving the ball only to see it fly straight. I struck these beautifully today. 

Wedges: +1.6 SG in my short game. Enough said. My spin control with the wedges was the most surprising. I play ping glides due to the wet spin control but these were excellent in wet dew conditions today. The versatile sole did really well with the tightly mowed paspalum. 

• Like 8

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

7 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Here's my maiden voyage with the Cobra clubs:

Driver: Still need to work on this. Strikes are consistently high on the face that produce a pull/draw but strikes in center of face seen to spin pretty high and don't travel as far. I flipped the weights and saw a better ball flight but not nearly the distance I'm getting with my gamer. I'll need to find some time to work with this. 

Apologies if this was earlier in the thread, I did a quick search but didn't see it but it's also 7:30am and I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet - how did the driver stack up during fitting vs your gamer? 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

So, how many players have received their clubs? Bag?

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

13 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

So, how many players have received their clubs? Bag?

@jlukes and @txgolfjunkie have received everything but the bag I believe. 

@LeftyMatt89 has his big sticks and @Brian A has his wedges.

@gavinski91 and I have not received anything yet.

Fingers crossed this week or next, we start receiving some more clubs.

• Like 5

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

50 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Apologies if this was earlier in the thread, I did a quick search but didn't see it but it's also 7:30am and I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet - how did the driver stack up during fitting vs your gamer? 

The demo day I attended had limited Lefty equipment... They had one driver head (XB in 10.5*) and I hit that head really high. I liked the HZRDUS Blue RDX shaft because it's counterbalanced but I never got to hit the regular RadSpeed outdoors. I need to go find a launch monitor and start tinkering with the setup. 

Honestly, I think I need to add some weight to the head. I've got a counterbalanced shaft but with a lighter head. CB shafts feel better to me when the head weight is on the heavier side so I can feel the head through the swing. Maybe some lead tape will help out on the toe. 

• Like 2

• Lefty

2 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

@jlukes and @txgolfjunkie have received everything but the bag I believe. 

@LeftyMatt89 has his big sticks and @Brian A has his wedges.

@gavinski91 and I have not received anything yet.

Fingers crossed this week or next, we start receiving some more clubs.

Still waiting on wedges as well

CC5 sig.png

I've always liked Cobra equipment but have never really played it until last year. My SpeedZone 3 wood is unreal but my RadSpeed driver is the greatest driver I've ever hit. Once you guys get them dialed in I think you'll love them. Can't wait until the fun begins!

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)