Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Just curious but does anyone play OL in their 7-4 irons but standard length for 8-pw? 

I think that would be an easier transition than all the way through lob wedge. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Just curious but does anyone play OL in their 7-4 irons but standard length for 8-pw? 

It was strongly considered by me earlier this summer.

Have no regrets taking the plunge (bought the OL F9 irons at the tail end of lat year’s CCC. Especially after seeing the success @daviddvm was having with his OL), it was fun and it was something I wanted to at least try ... but absolutely yes, I very nearly pulled the trigger on getting the Forged TECs in 4-7i as OL and the 8-GW as variable lengths. 

Ended up going the Maltby TS1s and having them installed on the shafts of my irons previous to the F9s. Played with the OLs for about 9 months  

I have no doubt these CCCs have led to an uptick in Cobra sales. 🤑

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

3 hours ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

Exactly. I had a few chunky 56/60 shots that felt horrible. My only swing thought treat all shots like a knockdown 6 iron. For some reason with the Arccos grip the length is equal to my T100 6 iron standard length. One really disappointing shot was a flushed 9 iron that flew 18 yards further than expected. I think it could’ve been partially a flyer lie but that seemed like an excessive amount of extra distance. 

Yessir ... went thru the same thing as well. Certainly felt it was more to do with the F9 or in your case, the Radspeeds design as GI irons. Do think if I had Forged TECs, my experience would’ve been different and much better. 

Stay positive, keep at it and have fun. I was all about #teamOneLength last year 😎 

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

Tale of two 9’s today… front 9; play smart hit 3 wood/hybrid off tee, 54! Back 9; pull out the driver and bomb away, 43! The air was humid and I felt like the ball wasn’t traveling as far, I started clubbing up 2 clubs and it helped me a lot. 

5CEA3B0C-8D5D-4EDE-9DE1-10F10757689E.jpeg

10738ED8-90CC-41B5-A3B7-008E9AF3449D.jpeg

5727B71F-CEF1-4037-B817-3B461BD32B67.jpeg

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

35 minutes ago, Brian A said:

Tale of two 9’s today… front 9; play smart hit 3 wood/hybrid off tee, 54! Back 9; pull out the driver and bomb away, 43! The air was humid and I felt like the ball wasn’t traveling as far, I started clubbing up 2 clubs and it helped me a lot. 

5CEA3B0C-8D5D-4EDE-9DE1-10F10757689E.jpeg

5727B71F-CEF1-4037-B817-3B461BD32B67.jpeg

Looks beautiful out there! And glad to hear the driver is working for you!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

38 minutes ago, Brian A said:

... That is a picture of my nightmare! I hate morning golf, from the cold temps that do not do my stiff back any favors to the dew getting everything soaked. I don't use a glove and find keeping the water off my grips a challenge. I tip my cap to those that play early and leave twilite times open. 🤗

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Brian A said:

I'd say that's a bit humid yeah... you can really see all the water vapor in the air there.

And I didn't realize there was an option outside of bombs away with the driver, unless of course there is a irons only round in your future.

Speaking of which... is anyone still waiting on anything?  Any chance we can get a glimpse into the weekly challenges this year from the mods?  I know it hasn't gone as planned for #CC5 but hopefully we still have a good amount of golf left to get a lot of good fun competition going in here.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

23 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I'd say that's a bit humid yeah... you can really see all the water vapor in the air there.

And I didn't realize there was an option outside of bombs away with the driver, unless of course there is a irons only round in your future.

Speaking of which... is anyone still waiting on anything?  Any chance we can get a glimpse into the weekly challenges this year from the mods?  I know it hasn't gone as planned for #CC5 but hopefully we still have a good amount of golf left to get a lot of good fun competition going in here.

I think between all of us we're missing a 3wood, a 5wood, and a set of irons yet. Once those arrive the challenges can commence!

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

50 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

+1 on that! Ready to plan out my weekday mornings for some golf and an opportunity to win some Puma swag. 😉 

“I’m here for the articles, of course.” 😂 

image.png

On 8/24/2021 at 12:41 PM, B.Boston said:

Here's what has been floated around behind the scenes...Instead of celebrating the winners, we will be penalizing the losers. The weekly loser will be subject to: 

• Being stripped of all Cobra equipment and replaced with Ram clubs from his local Wal-Mart. I hope the loser enjoys trying to hit some greens with only a 5, 7, or 9 iron. 
  • Be forced to play with Nitro golf balls and brush tees for all remaining rounds. 
  • Will have his Cobra clubs replaced by the most popular 'as seen on TV' club out there starting with the Hammer driver, Alien wedge, Square strike wedge, C3i wedge, warrior 3 wood, and Gx7 wood. As far as irons go, it appears square strike makes irons so you're in luck! 
  • Will be given clear iron covers and an ad in his local paper will be run daily stating that he uses clear iron covers. 

We're still discussing what the overall loser will be facing...I said caddying for Patrick Reed at a Ryder Cup overseas...but that might be a bit harsh for one's psyche. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

1 minute ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Here's what has been floated around behind the scenes...Instead of celebrating the winners, we will be penalizing the losers. The weekly loser will be subject to: 

• Being stripped of all Cobra equipment and replaced with Ram clubs from his local Wal-Mart. I hope the loser enjoys trying to hit some greens with only a 5, 7, or 9 iron. 
  • Be forced to play with Nitro golf balls and brush tees for all remaining rounds. 
  • Will have his Cobra clubs replaced by the most popular 'as seen on TV' club out there starting with the Hammer driver, Alien wedge, Square strike wedge, C3i wedge, warrior 3 wood, and Gx7 wood. As far as irons go, it appears square strike makes irons so you're in luck! 
  • Will be given clear iron covers and an ad in his local paper will be run daily stating that he uses clear iron covers. 

We're still discussing what the overall loser will be facing...I said caddying for Patrick Reed at a Ryder Cup overseas...but that might be a bit harsh for one's psyche. 

Yikes #TEAMYAGS better watch out!  Although I'm curious to see what @jlukes would have to say about the standard shaft offering in the Square Strike irons. 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

6 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

You joke, but my last hybrid was a Warrior…..

103A2E8D-CFA9-479A-84CB-3DBC6F242EDE.jpeg.f9e8563308defc65826419413c3ca046.jpeg

I got out for a round this afternoon. I struggled with the driver a little bit. Was pulling them left and missing in the rough. I had one retee where the ball was 5 ft on the bad side of some white stakes. Found the swing on the back and was back to my fade. As you can tell, my wedges and putting saved this round. I had 2 sand saves today with one of them being a hole out for birdie, and 2 up and downs from 40 yards out. This 58 degree full face groove is a game changer out of the sand and around the green. I’m still tinkering with my 54 and 58 around the greens, but I’ve noticed that balls are grabbing and stopping quickly with my 58. 

My irons are great, I don’t have much to update on those, except I’ll post some pictures here in a day or so with how they are holding up with the copper finish. Unlike @txgolfjunkie, all the ranges around me are sand based. I also can’t go cold turkey when pulling up to play. I’m seeing some fading, but it’s not too bad. Putting them through the ringer with some range days and warming up before each round. 

My 4 hybrid continues to be a weapon. Consistently traveling 230 yds. I’ve been using it off the tee when I have some sharp doglegs. I’m excited to see how the big tour 3 wood and 5 wood bridge my gap to the driver when they come in.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

After completing a move this past week, I got out for a round with my brother and dad late this afternoon. It was somehow the most frustrating and counterintuitive round ever. 

Got there early to warm up on the range and was hitting the ball fairly well. Unfortunately that didn’t carry over to the course - by the time we got through the first 4 holes I was +8 with 6 penalty strokes. At that point, out of sheer frustration, I decided to banish my driver and 3wood (which were causing most of the penalties) to the back of my bag, and instead turn to my 5-wood for tee duties. Somehow that paid off for me, and I went +2 the rest of the way, including a 37 on the back 9 (first time under 40 on 9 holes). 

That club is absolutely ridiculous with how easy it is to hit, and I feel like I’m hardly swinging. Even bad shots, like the one in this video, fly well (I hit this one fat, and still got 218 yards). 

The epitome of how successful this club is for me was the 13th hole, a 515-yard par 5 with water just short of the green forcing a perfect approach shot if you’re trying to get there in 2. 
56836D66-4887-4EF1-AA83-ADD32CF2DD34.jpeg.0223fbfc6e7631af65afff07f6de3449.jpeg

That was a tap-in birdie (the eagle putt didn’t break and ended up stopping 2 inches above the hole). The approach shot was blind, but my brother was 60 yards up the fairway watching the green and says I missed an albatross by a foot rolling past the pin. 

Overall I’m loving the clubs, but I’m just not getting along with the driver right now so I will have to make that a priority next time I’m at the range!