Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Amen jlukes. I think the average player would be shocked at how much tip weighting OEM's use. If you change shafts and then try to re-install, you will never get them exactly the same again. Different weights, amount of epoxy and feel for a better player will all be different. 

Yup. And it paid a lot of money to have them built by True Spec to very specific specifications. I don’t want to undo anything they did during the build

• Like 6

CC5 sig.png

6 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Another round in the books and I'm starting to see some trends with these clubs...

Driver and 3W need additional weight in the head. Both are light and I'm losing feeling in the swing. I ordered some weights for the driver and they should arrive Thursday but I'll just use some lead tape for the fairway. Drives are still short low draws (use to hit high fades) and 3 wood is a pull draw instead of a pull fade. The driver is still double digit yards behind my gamer and I'm hoping the weight helps with that. 

Irons are flying straighter than I'm used to. I usually play a slight fade to hold the greens but I'm just hitting straight ball after straight ball. I hit a good number of greens today but of my 18 approach shots, 15 were right of the pin. No fade. I lived on the right side of the greens all day. 

Wedges are really great. Really, really great. The greens were soft and grainy with not much run out which allowed me to fly my chips closer to the hole. Great spin control around the greens and on half shots. 

Overall it's still a learning process and I just need to aim for a straight ball off the irons and aim down the left fairway off the tee box. We're getting there... Slowly but surely. 

AF223F4E-00A1-41B0-AC34-111802DE7EA0.jpeg.1004efe2f99de2a6214bd3b812b94d0e.jpeg

I also found the fairway to be draw biased at stock settings.  I opened the 5 wood up all the way to -1.5 and it has been an absolute weapon for me since.  Have you played around with those settings at all to see if you can get your preferred feel?  Also, great round with a bag full of new sticks! #TEAMCHAD FTW! 

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I also found the fairway to be draw biased at stock settings.  I opened the 5 wood up all the way to -1.5 and it has been an absolute weapon for me since.  Have you played around with those settings at all to see if you can get your preferred feel?  Also, great round with a bag full of new sticks! #TEAMCHAD FTW! 

I've got all the woods at -1* but I will open them up even more. I do notice during take-away that they do want to close down and then it's difficult to get them back into position. It's the craziest thing but every manufacturer is different. Thanks for the suggestion! 

• Like 5

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

38 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Another round in the books and I'm starting to see some trends with these clubs...

Driver and 3W need additional weight in the head. Both are light and I'm losing feeling in the swing. I ordered some weights for the driver and they should arrive Thursday but I'll just use some lead tape for the fairway. Drives are still short low draws (use to hit high fades) and 3 wood is a pull draw instead of a pull fade. The driver is still double digit yards behind my gamer and I'm hoping the weight helps with that. 

Irons are flying straighter than I'm used to. I usually play a slight fade to hold the greens but I'm just hitting straight ball after straight ball. I hit a good number of greens today but of my 18 approach shots, 15 were right of the pin. No fade. I lived on the right side of the greens all day. 

Wedges are really great. Really, really great. The greens were soft and grainy with not much run out which allowed me to fly my chips closer to the hole. Great spin control around the greens and on half shots. 

Overall it's still a learning process and I just need to aim for a straight ball off the irons and aim down the left fairway off the tee box. We're getting there... Slowly but surely. 

AF223F4E-00A1-41B0-AC34-111802DE7EA0.jpeg.1004efe2f99de2a6214bd3b812b94d0e.jpeg

Very interesting. I too ham seeing pull draws with my Driver. Something I had practically eliminated with my gamer driver. 

I am playing the driver in neutral, the 3w at -1 and the 7 wood at -1.5 right now. The lower loft is mainly to give me a slightly more open face look at address 

• Like 4

CC5 sig.png

On 7/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, txgolfjunkie said:

I played early this morning in Galveston, TX and the mosquitos really killed the mood. We were in such a hurry to get through the round I didn't get many good shots of the maiden voyage with my new Cobra sticks. However, one mosquito did land on my ball just before I hit and this was the end result:

A10DC99F-11EC-4A5F-9CE7-3368038367F3.jpeg.6463baeb378d9d82c1edf237de028069.jpeg

I'll clean up some video and add some shots/round summary with the arccos. 

The wedges around the greens were the biggest surprise of the day. Just amazing feel and excellent spin control, even in the wet conditions. 

The next time you play in Galveston I expect an invite 😂

damn those copper irons are sexy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

5 hours ago, jlukes said:

Very interesting. I too ham seeing pull draws with my Driver. Something I had practically eliminated with my gamer driver. 

I am playing the driver in neutral, the 3w at -1 and the 7 wood at -1.5 right now. The lower loft is mainly to give me a slightly more open face look at address 

My miss with my current driver tends to be a push slice, so all this talk of pull draws had me excited for my clubs to arrive!

• Like 3

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

My F7 driver was very draw biased as well, I ended up having to order some different weights to straighten it out some 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 7/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, jlukes said:

No way in hell I’m touching my Mizuno/obans.  

If it it was as simple as putting a new driver adapter on, maybe. My Mizunos fit me like a glove and I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize those. 

I’m going to be doing my best to give as much feedback about the MIMs as possible in with the build cobra sent me. If anything, it will provide everyone with a reminder to never sacrifice your fitting results because a certain shaft is back ordered. 

Oh man… I’ve been gaming a hobbled together set of irons for a year (bought used beads, was going to buy shafts, but they needed parallel tips, so i used pulls from the club pro)… hit my preferred shafts last night at a srixon fitting and immediately ordered them… get the right shaft! It’s important!

• Like 4

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

17 hours ago, jlukes said:

Good (is that the right word to use?) to hear that you notice this as well and it's not a sudden swing change on my end. Crazy arrows, it's never the Indian!

It all seriousness, I'm hoping the added weight in the driver head, and some lead tape out on the toe of the 3W will help straighten out the ball flight. You would think the added weight will keep the head from closing down too fast at impact. 

• Like 6

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

On 7/14/2021 at 12:21 PM, txgolfjunkie said:

Good (is that the right word to use?) to hear that you notice this as well and it's not a sudden swing change on my end. Crazy arrows, it's never the Indian!

It all seriousness, I'm hoping the added weight in the driver head, and some lead tape out on the toe of the 3W will help straighten out the ball flight. You would think the added weight will keep the head from closing down too fast at impact. 

Never the magician, always the wand… Just ask Bryson 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 hour ago, Brian A said:

Never the magician, always the wand… Just ask Bryson 

After reading what Bryson requires of Cobra and his urgency to get him new driver heads, that's probably the reason why there's a delay in getting our product from Cobra (kidding, of course).

In my world, I picture a daily dilemma at Cobra : Do we assemble these irons for the guys at MyGolfSpy or cad some new driver heads and ship it out to where ever Bryson is located? 

• Like 5

• Lefty

2 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

After reading what Bryson requires of Cobra and his urgency to get him new driver heads, that's probably the reason why there's a delay in getting our product from Cobra (kidding, of course).

In my world, I picture a daily dilemma at Cobra : Do we assemble these irons for the guys at MyGolfSpy or cad some new driver heads and ship it out to where ever Bryson is located? 

Im going to draw up some sketches on MS Paint and tweet them out to Chad and Yags and see what they can do for us

• Haha 3

CC5 sig.png

Got to play a round in Chattanooga today. I still haven’t received my driver/woods/hybrid yet from Cobra so I’m playing a little bit of a mixed bag. 

I am really loving my Snakebite wedges. I had 5 up and downs today and should have had two more out of the sand, but missed a couple 6-7 footers. The 58 degree full face groove is awesome and has a ton of bite. I’ve mainly used my 58 around the greens so far, the 54 40 yards and in along with chips needing to get on the ground fast and run some, and the 50 for shots 100 and in out in the fairway.

The MIM irons have been great as well. I’ve been really surprised with my long irons (5 and 6 irons). I’ve struggled with these in the past, but have been flushing them the past couple rounds. I used to own Taylormade irons with 90g shafts (did not get fit), and now the Cobra irons have 120g shafts in them. I really have a nice feel for them and can fee the club face coming through during impact.

Pictures and more details will be posted later when I receive the rest of my clubs.

• Like 9

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

How are the Snakebite wedges when you open up the face?  Does the leading edge stay relatively flat or does it come up a lot?

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade SIM2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

28 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

How are the Snakebite wedges when you open up the face?  Does the leading edge stay relatively flat or does it come up a lot?

I’ll take some pictures tomorrow as I’m playing again. When you open them up, the leading edge is going to come up some naturally, but to me it’s really not bad at all. It feels really easy/not as forced as others to open up the wedges.

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

10 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I worked on straightening out the Radspeed driver and 3W over the weekend...this was all indoors so I'll need to test these out on the course before deeming it worthy...

Driver

My biggest concern about opening up the driver face to -1.5* is my launch will get too low and I'll start losing carry distance. I have the 16g weight up front and a 8g weight in the back. This is 10g more weight than the stock weights and I do feel the head better during the swing. The added weight provided a more consistent strike, however, I still saw the hard draw on almost every swing. I added 4g of lead tape to the toe and immediately started to see results. My only issue is that the tape wouldn't stick to the matte paint and would fly off at impact. The hard draws straightened out to a more playable draw but I noticed some wild swings with driver spin. Keep in mind I'm using the Left Dash Pro V1x in all of my tests. I do throw in a Bridgestone Tour BX occasionally if I think the driver head is too low spin and I need something with a little more spin to keep the ball in the air. I'll say I've never seen such wild swings in launch and spin than with this driver. It's a little frustrating and I feel like this is a complex Rubik's cube and I've only got one side complete. Open the face, launch gets too low but spin is perfect. Square the face, launch is perfect but spin is counter-productive and ball moves right. Move weight forward, spin is reduced but I'm seeing ball fly further right. Move weight back, straighter ball flight but with excess spin. I love tinkering with clubs but I'm about out of ideas. 

Big Tour 3W

I added 4g of lead tape to the toe of the BT and it was an instant success. I averaged 23 yards right of target without the tape, and only 6 yards right of target with it in place. The Left Dash paired with the BT is giving me driver-esk launch numbers (161mph ball speed, 12* launch @ 2400rpms - 278y carry). The left dash is a little bit more active (left-right movement) off the tee than the Bridgestone but both balls performed well. Regardless, my confidence in the 3 wood greatly increased and with the carry distance I'm seeing, I see it as a great sub in case the driver isn't behaving. 

I found by moving the weight back in my driver and lowering the loft to open the face I’ve been able to mitigate many of the over draws without sacrificing launch and spin. 

• Like 8

CC5 sig.png

Just got back from the range.  Good news is I was absolutely flushing my 5 7 and 9 irons. Bad news is that was my mizunos I brought to the range along with my cobra irons.

The cobras are still a major struggle due to the shaft.  Hit them side by side today and had no idea where the ball was going with the cobras

Both my fitter and my old instructor watched me hit a bunch and my fitter said “if you were thinking about buying either club I’d hide the cobras from you so you couldn’t hit them again”

Instructor said be careful a don’t develop bad habits trying to get the shaft to work for me

Driver, 3w, 7w and utility iron were all good.  The 7w and utility iron continue to impress me for how easy they are to launch  

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

CC5 sig.png

17 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Just got back from the range.  Good news is I was absolutely flushing my 5 7 and 9 irons. Bad news is that was my mizunos I brought to the range along with my cobra irons.

The cobras are still a major struggle due to the shaft.  Hit them side by side today and had no idea where the ball was going with the cobras

Both my fitter and my old instructor watched me hit a bunch and my fitter said “if you were thinking about buying either club I’d hide the cobras from you so you couldn’t hit them again”

Instructor said be careful a don’t develop bad habits trying to get the shaft to work for me

Driver, 3w, 7w and utility iron were all good.  The 7w and utility iron continue to impress me for how easy they are to launch  

Sad/disappointing to hear.  Are we talking spraying it or a consistent miss?

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver