Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

Playing catch up on this thread/test.  Does everyone have their full set of sticks?  If not, who's missing what and what is the best estimate for the competition to commence? The tone has been much civil.  It is time for the headcovers to come off 👍.

(I want so bad to place a .gif here 🙂)

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Playing catch up on this thread/test.  Does everyone have their full set of sticks?  If not, who's missing what and what is the best estimate for the competition to commence? The tone has been much civil.  It is time for the headcovers to come off 👍.

(I want so bad to place a .gif here 🙂)

I'm waiting on my woods yet (Driver, fairway woods, and hybrids), along with my bag. No one has the bag yet, two of us have all the clubs, two have 2/3s of the clubs, and the other two only have 1/3. (the thirds being woods, irons, and wedges)

The others are welcome to commence trash-talking at any point, but I'm going to keep it pretty civil. The challenge will be such a mismatch that it would be akin to dunking on a 4 year old and then getting in his face about it. 😉

• Like 5

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

18 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

The others are welcome to commence trash-talking at any point, but I'm going to keep it pretty civil. 😉

Coming from the Canadian, way to uphold a stereotype. If only you finished your post with an apology. 

• Haha 7

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

25 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

I'm waiting on my woods yet (Driver, fairway woods, and hybrids), along with my bag. No one has the bag yet, two of us have all the clubs, two have 2/3s of the clubs, and the other two only have 1/3. (the thirds being woods, irons, and wedges)

The others are welcome to commence trash-talking at any point, but I'm going to keep it pretty civil. The challenge will be such a mismatch that it would be akin to dunking on a 4 year old and then getting in his face about it. 😉

Thanks for the update.  They may have to temporarily house you guys in Scottsdale to get this done - wouldn't that suck? 🙂 Trash talking and CCC has a rich and entertaining history... all in good fun.  

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

58 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

I’m short so I have no problem being that guy for #TEAMCHAD and getting all up in #teamyags’s business while they go down in flames. Let’s go baby!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Is this frowned upon? Cause I dunk on my 3 year-old and let him know about it all the time. No free wins in this house. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Got to the range again this morning.  First thing I did was open the face of the driver (lofted down 1 degree) and it sat better at address to my eye.  This allowed me to swing a little more freely and I got a much straighter ball flight.  

The adjustments I made to my swing continued to help with the irons and it is nice to hit the sweet spot on the MIMs.  When hit solid, they feel really good.  On mishits, the sounds is more harsh than my Mizunos.

Really really enjoyed taking my first swings with my wedges.  The 60 degree widelow was very easy to open up and hit some flop shots off the range mat.  I am curious to how it will perform out of soft sand and deep rough.  

I am playing either tomorrow or Saturady, so I am looking forward to getting the first round in with the full set of Cobras!

• Like 9

CC5 sig.png

On 7/28/2021 at 9:52 AM, jlukes said:

Nope - didn't have to touch the paintfill

So how long/how many times did they soak in the white vinegar?  And was there a lot of elbow grease and some Scotchguard involved too I take it?

• Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

51 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So how long/how many times did they soak in the white vinegar?  And was there a lot of elbow grease and some Scotchguard involved too I take it?

Initial soak was 12 hours (overnight).  Then rubbed down each wedge with scotchbrite pad.  Soaked for an hour.  Rubbed down with scotchbrite, Soaked for 30 minutes.  Rubbed with scotchbrite.  Rinsed with water.  Wiped down with paper towel.

• Like 5

CC5 sig.png

Was told FedEx dropped a box that says driver, fairway and hybrids… can’t wait to get home 

• Like 4

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Was told FedEx dropped a box that says driver, fairway and hybrids… can’t wait to get home 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So ready to see some competitions populating soon with all these "Delivered" packages!

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

10 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

So ready to see some competitions populating soon with all these "Delivered" packages!

Yeah I can't wait to see what the challenges are this year, and how the team aspect will work out.  

I'll be happy as long as I have the opportunity to show #teamyags the business in some challenges.  I gotta try my best to dish out some retribution after being challenged so much last year.  

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

First round with the full bag of Cobras today and it was more down than up. 

Wedges are phenomenal. Absolutely in love with them. Driver was inconsistent (still seeing some really low spinners high on the face). Irons were inconsistent. I’m really trying to make these shafts work and seem to be able to manufacture a usable swing on the range but it all falls apart on the course when I’m just trying to play golf. When I center the irons they are LONG. Like a club longer than my Mizunos. However I just cannot time them consistently. The Arccos data speaks for itself. 

8D945BC9-A372-4767-83BD-621F729B48F4.jpeg

• Like 9

CC5 sig.png

Cobra came through! Just a quick preview til I can get at least a range session in.

C2E8FD0C-D11C-47AF-A936-F90A3BA69AC6.jpeg

98CF6BCB-E778-4BAB-9DCE-E103023F84C9.jpeg

81930614-D662-41DE-B50B-6CB61F8930C5.jpeg

• Like 9

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Excited to get some swings in tomorrow with the full set. I did some comparison pictures of the Radspeed 6 iron to my T100 6 iron and the Radspeed 8 iron to my 620CB 8 iron. Additionally, I did a comparison of the 60 degree Snakebite full face  wedge to my RRTX zipcore 60. I really like the way the wedges look, they look very forgiving but still very sleek. 

I am ready to begin my one length journey with 4 hybrid through lob wedge. The irons will take some getting used to with distances but I hope to be able to do a gapping session before the competition begins. 

These cobra clubs look great and even coming from T100/620CB type of irons. When I put the iron next to a ball it screams confidence and forgiveness. Two traits I hope are true for the competition. 

341345EF-4BA0-41C7-8499-28465DAE6D80.jpeg

0ABDC33F-CF21-42A7-9669-3E1ECD6F4D9E.jpeg

BEAAA36E-B433-4601-B72F-3B537CC087F9.jpeg

F3DD7ADC-C5BB-49AB-B02A-E3B220D9FE60.jpeg

DDC0D5F0-7D7E-4EF9-B2B7-19D5963E7B7E.jpeg

63693F99-2088-4B50-95B7-F9523BDC162B.jpeg

2642D895-855B-4AF8-BD3C-D93B3ABE5EDA.jpeg

BFFDCBB8-5A45-42FA-91F7-92550501EFEE.jpeg

D362D647-22AC-42A5-88A4-FD9B57F54605.jpeg

20FDA2D4-C094-4F1E-AFD0-6F4F9F01A541.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Cobra Bag                                                                                Current Bag 

Driver: Radspeed XB 9 Motore 6X                                          Driver: TSi2 8.25 Ventus Black 6TX

Fairways: 3&7 Radspeed Motore F1 7X                                  Fairway:TSi2 16.5 Tensei Raw White 85TX 

Hybrid: OL 4 Hybrid Tensei White 100TX                               DI: Vapor Pro 3 - LAGP 105X 

Irons: Radspeed OL 5-GW KBS $Taper 130X                         Irons: 4-6 T100 7-PW 620 CB X100

Wedges: Snakebite OL 56@54 & 60 KBS $-Taper 130X       Wedges: SM8 50.1, RTX Zipcore 55 & 60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 

Legacy Goods Powell Prototype                                             Legacy Goods Powell Prototype 

-PROV1X or Prov1                                                                    -PROV1X or Prov1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:57 PM, jlukes said:

Got in some chipping practice this afternoon when the boy let me have a turn. Really enjoyed the widelow grind off my tight, worn down range mat. 

443F9F1D-59B8-4F4B-8EBA-8168CEAE602D.jpeg

3C2EB12A-E5C6-4BCF-B2EC-00FF3DD54961.jpeg

That lag tho. Jealous!

• Like 1

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:wilson_staff_small: C300 cast irons 5-PW. Fujikura graphite R 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Tech question about cobra radspeeds and their standard GI clubs as it is the same for rads, speedzones, f9, women or mens:

Loft gapping from irons to hybrids.  I am looking to get my wife a hybrid and a fairway.  She has f9 7-sw, and a speedzone 6i with the f9 shaft offering.  6i is 24°.  The 5 hybrid is 24°.   I'm probably answering my own question in that we should get the 4h 21°.   What did you all choose and where did you split it?  What FW would you choose?  Should we not even bother w hybrids and get 3 and 5 woods? (3w is 18, 5w is 22.5) 

Is there more to it?  Is Cobra saying a 6i should be coupled with a 5h even though the 6i is a stronger loft?  Is there more to it with the dynamic launch angle per club?  I always just thought, within the same brand, if you stop at 6i, then start with 5h.  

• Like 2

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:wilson_staff_small: C300 cast irons 5-PW. Fujikura graphite R 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

13 hours ago, knightsofnii said:

Tech question about cobra radspeeds and their standard GI clubs as it is the same for rads, speedzones, f9, women or mens:

Loft gapping from irons to hybrids.  I am looking to get my wife a hybrid and a fairway.  She has f9 7-sw, and a speedzone 6i with the f9 shaft offering.  6i is 24°.  The 5 hybrid is 24°.   I'm probably answering my own question in that we should get the 4h 21°.   What did you all choose and where did you split it?  What FW would you choose?  Should we not even bother w hybrids and get 3 and 5 woods? (3w is 18, 5w is 22.5) 

Is there more to it?  Is Cobra saying a 6i should be coupled with a 5h even though the 6i is a stronger loft?  Is there more to it with the dynamic launch angle per club?  I always just thought, within the same brand, if you stop at 6i, then start with 5h.  

I would have her go and hit the 4 and 5 compare it to the 6 and see what she feels more comfortable hitting as well as making the gap work 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA