Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

Congratulations to those selected.  Looking forward to following along and participating more this year.   

• Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Big congrats to everyone selected for the annual "best test & thread" here at MGS. Really glad to see another One Length tester this year, and there's a great cross section of golfers involved that will really put the Cobra lines through their paces. I'm already looking forward to the fitting writeups and the forthcoming unboxing pics! 

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

Very interested in these wedges. I loved the MIMs can’t wait to see how theee perform. Let’s get to picking sides!

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Very interested in these wedges. I loved the MIMs can’t wait to see how theee perform. Let’s get to picking sides!

Indeed! The MIMs are superb. I’m curious how the testers feel about the full face grooves on the higher lifted wedges.  I’m not a huge fan of the look but I’ve also never actually hit balls with any. 

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Congrats gang!  This is HUGE!  Should be a lot of fun to follow along!

• Like 3

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Having already hit the cobra hybrid I know that it just sits too upright and too closed to my eye so that won’t be an option

I recently read about a couple people adjusting the lie angle on their hybrids.  I've never done this personally, but wonder if it's a common thing done and I just didn't know about it or a something crazy.  Anyways, just wanted to throw it out there.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Pretty damn excited for my fitting this afternoon. I have a good idea of what I’m going with in the wedges and irons, so the main focus is going to be on the driver and maybe 3 wood 

Having already hit the cobra hybrid I know that it just sits too upright and too closed to my eye so that won’t be an option. I’ll likely be going with a 7 wood in that slot. I doubt the fitter has a 7 wood head and an 8x shaft, but I got some great advice from Ian Fraser at TXG so I’m going to go with his recommendation

Seems like that’s bern a trend with the Cobra hybrids for awhile, even my F7 hybrid sat VERY upright and was extremely draw biased...for someone with a left miss that’s not a good combo....I tried to hit it for a long time but I never could tame that thing.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

13 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I recently read about a couple people adjusting the lie angle on their hybrids.  I've never done this personally, but wonder if it's a common thing done and I just didn't know about it or a something crazy.  Anyways, just wanted to throw it out there.

Yeah it is pretty much a tour only thing.  Trottie from Taylormade had a video on bending woods and hybrids and it is EXTREMLY delicate.  Another option would be to use a left handed loft sleeve - moving it into the draw setting with a LH sleeve on a RH club would actually make the head flatter.

• Like 3

CC5 sig.png

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Yeah it is pretty much a tour only thing.  Trottie from Taylormade had a video on bending woods and hybrids and it is EXTREMLY delicate.  Another option would be to use a left handed loft sleeve - moving it into the draw setting with a LH sleeve on a RH club would actually make the head flatter.

I think @B.Boston suggested a slightly longer hosel on the hybrids to facilitate tweaking lie and loft during our post-mortem call last year, but I suppose that's a pretty small market.

I don't believe any of us carried the 7 wood last year, will be interesting to see how it works out for you if that's the route you go. 

• Like 6

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.5 / Anti-Cap: 14.4 (Last Updated Sept. 19, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (5-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

5w with the loft cranked all the way up?  How many degrees do you get with Myfly these days? 

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:wilson_staff_small: C300 cast irons 5-PW. Fujikura graphite R 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Just now, knightsofnii said:

5w with the loft cranked all the way up?  How many degrees do you get with Myfly these days? 

Going up in loft closes the face!  Will be going 7 wood as that should hit the gap better, plus if I need to go down in loft it will open the face and that is my preference.

• Like 4

CC5 sig.png

7 minutes ago, edingc said:

I think @B.Boston suggested a slightly longer hosel on the hybrids to facilitate tweaking lie and loft during our post-mortem call last year, but I suppose that's a pretty small market.

I don't believe any of us carried the 7 wood last year, will be interesting to see how it works out for you if that's the route you go. 

Yes I was hoping to be able to bend it or for an adjustable sleeve on them.  Since I still love the way they feel and get through the turf for me I'm determined to make it work.  I think I'm going to hit a bunch of shots at the range and maybe over my next few round choked up an inch.  That should make it play effectively 2* flatter like my irons.  

Outside of that I may just have to try out a 7-wood too and see how that goes.  I love the 5-wood so that might not be a bad alternative.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Going up in loft closes the face!  Will be going 7 wood as that should hit the gap better, plus if I need to go down in loft it will open the face and that is my preference.

I've got my 5 wood cranked all the way open (-1.5* setting) and it's an absolute dream for me.  Pretty sure you've got more speed than me and I get 237 yards out of it compared to an arccos smart distance of 263 on my driver.  I have to agree the 7 wood will probably help you will that hybrid-ish gap better.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I've got my 5 wood cranked all the way open (-1.5* setting) and it's an absolute dream for me.  Pretty sure you've got more speed than me and I get 237 yards out of it compared to an arccos smart distance of 263 on my driver.  I have to agree the 7 wood will probably help you will that hybrid-ish gap better.  

Thats awesome.  The Radspeed Tour fairway wood was super intriguing to me from a size perspective, but with a loft of 17.5 it falls right in-between the lofts I'd want to play

• Like 4

CC5 sig.png

12 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Thats awesome.  The Radspeed Tour fairway wood was super intriguing to me from a size perspective, but with a loft of 17.5 it falls right in-between the lofts I'd want to play

The tour speedzone looked awesome.  The 3wd in that is smaller head size than the 5wd in the regular speedzone line.  I liked it a lot but it was too low launching for me, which tends to be my issue with 3woods in general, so the forward CG of that one made it even lower.  But the few that I nailed had a great feeling crack to them.  You might find it plays longer than the loft suggests with the forward CG.  worth a swing or two at your fitting anyway! 

• Like 3

I'm hoping to get a slot at a Cobra Demo day on Friday. It's a private club but I hope the pro has a heart for us public folk. 

After TXG's video on the Cobra Radspeed and Radspeed XB, I'm curious to see if the XB lives up to the hype. 

I'm leaning towards the Big Tour Fairway since 85% of my 3W swings are off the tee. If it turns out to be a fairway finder, then that would be perfect on par 4s and narrow courses. 

To attack Par 5s in two, I'm hoping the Tour 5 wood can fill that slot. I usually carry a 18* driving iron but the Tour 5 would be easier to hold the green. I did see the hybrids and I agree they look closed at address. It doesn't appeal to my eye. I think the last 5W I carried was the Tour Preferred TaylorMade spoon back in the day. Yes, it's been that long but hey, that club also had rails on the sole so...who knows. 

• Like 9

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.