Jump to content

Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, TBT said:

It was supposed Tina eat started in early June, a couple of testers have gotten their drivers but the rest of us are still waiting 

Ohhhhh. I was thinking TR20. Forgot about the latest one. 

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished editing all of my photos In Lightroom. Going to start putting my review together over the weekend with the goal to have it posted early next week!

  • Like 4

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@gavinski91 comin through strong for MGS on his challenge! Very commendable, if I get my 7 iron I’ll swing away! 

  • Like 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Brian A said:

@gavinski91 comin through strong for MGS on his challenge! Very commendable, if I get my 7 iron I’ll swing away! 

Now that there is a challenge underway is expect the trash talk level to increase by a factor of 17!

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Now that there is a challenge underway is expect the trash talk level to increase by a factor of 17!

I can only think of Nash Bridges handing Kevin Costner the 7i back, "still going". 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took off tomorrow and I will definitely be completing these challenges!

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Are you ready? It's time for the....

Unofficial Condensed Cobra Connect Fan Challenge

781714601_ScreenShot2021-09-25at5_09_54PM.png.8cb9ebd8c76d31e0e1aa9995f7514779.png

This will be a 2-part combined net score challenge. I'll get to all the rules in a bit, but first of all, let's talk about what you're all really here for. The prizes!

Similar to past Cobra Connect events, there is no guarantee that you'll win a prize, but the better you do in the challenge the better your odds.

The main prize is a Just Bomb It driver cover from Crown Golf!

image_6824d6b9-2560-452f-8926-77b73218a8ff_503x.jpg?v=1623686185 JustBombItDriverCover1_503x.jpg?v=1624929834 

Everyone who beats me has a chance at winning it. But since that's such a difficult thing to do, if you don't beat me but you're in the top 5 you still have a chance!

If you don't manage either of those feats, you still have a chance at the random draw prize for all contestants - the matching ball marker. If you follow me on Instagram you get a free bonus entry.

image.png.f94672e41de893ec5576c4fd7b66e6f7.png

Plus there's one last chance to win a prize with the side challenge. In honor of my 190+ yard 7-iron during my demo (seriously, the Radspeed irons are ridiculous), the side challenge will be to see who can hit the longest 7-iron (either off the tee or on an approach) in a round during the challenge. In recognition of that extra scoop of ball speed, the prize will be the Two Screams ball marker.

812fb7c0-b522-41f1-ad8b-292d583b77da_503x.png?v=1607829973 

Since I can already hear the old guy who still plays his MacGregor blades from the 80s taking a break from yelling at the kids on his lawn and complaining about jacked lofts, here's the more specific rules about the 7-iron: There are none! I don't care if you take your 7-iron, bend it 10 degrees strong, stick a long-drive shaft on it, and tee the ball up 3 inches in the air. As long as it's a conforming club and it has a 7 stamped on the sole, it's a 7-iron for the purposes of this challenge. And if you do go the franken-club route, I want to see pictures!

Now it's time for the main challenge details.

I said that this would be a 2-part challenge, but fortunately for those of you with real jobs who can't just go play golf every day, each part of the challenge is only 9 holes. That means you could theoretically complete the entire challenge in a single round of golf, and then get back to filling out those TPS reports on time.

image.png.2568a8e675b309ab8815378a97bebe1f.png 

The first 9-hole challenge is that old Bryson classic, the Bomb and Gouge. You can only use Driver, fairway woods, hybrids, and wedges. And yes, that includes the wedges that came with your iron set. Unless you play Honmas and instead have a 10 and 11 iron, in which case tough cookies. You should have known this would happen when you bought them.

You can take as many attempts at this as you want, and just submit your best 9. Want to play a full 18 like this and see if the front or back 9 is better? Do it! Want to sneak onto the golf course at night after it's closed and play the back 9 on repeat until 3 am? Go for it! (For legal reasons that was a joke)

image.png.7e2f185bdb05dcc04045c9f42b959348.png

However, this isn't Winged Foot - you won't win here just because you can drive the ball 380 yards (I'm looking at you, @Chip Strokes). You'll also need some of that 2016-Rickie-esque Iron Mojo. That's right, for the second 9 holes of this challenge, you can only use your irons. I'll even allow driving irons, because it would be too cruel to force @jlukes to play with just his irons. And your set wedges to boot, since they were a part of your iron orders. (Yes, I'm only making that rule because I have 2 set wedges. If you don't like the rules, send all your hatemail to @Thin2win)

Again, you can have multiple attempts. I'm not going to be the one to point out that your relationship is suffering because you spend 53 hours a week at the golf course - it's up to you to decide if a $2700/month alimony payment is worth it for a new driver headcover (and of course the glory that comes with winning the challenge).

image.png.6f46a574ca4f6d23924b2b05480f8edd.png

Once you have your best 9 holes from each part of the challenge, post them up in this thread! Make sure that your post includes the following information:

  • Your handicap
  • Your Bomb and Gouge score
  • Your Iron Mojo score
  • The slope and course rating of the course where you achieved your scores (if your 9-hole scores came from 2 different courses, submit the average. If you can't figure out how to calculate an average, I don't think I can trust you to count high enough to submit an accurate score)
  • Your longest 7-iron shot, with a picture of your shot-tracking GPS as evidence (the GolfShot app is free and has this capability if you don't have something you're already using)

image.png.e4c350a00f5a8e797e259e4f9454f232.png

You have until midnight PST on October 9 to submit your scores.


My fellow Cobra Connect competitors are welcome (some might say required) to submit scores, but they are ineligible to win prizes. You just got $2400 in free golf clubs, quit your whining!

Oh, and one last thing. Since this isn't an official MGS competition, MGS staff and forum mods are welcome to participate as well! And if Adam Beach has a problem with that, he can take me out to dinner and thank me for all the nice publicity I'm generating for him.

Good luck everyone!

This is great! I’m gonna try to swing this and make it happen! 

  • Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini 11*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 8:51 PM, gavinski91 said:

Are you ready? It's time for the....

Unofficial Condensed Cobra Connect Fan Challenge

781714601_ScreenShot2021-09-25at5_09_54PM.png.8cb9ebd8c76d31e0e1aa9995f7514779.png

This will be a 2-part combined net score challenge. I'll get to all the rules in a bit, but first of all, let's talk about what you're all really here for. The prizes!

Similar to past Cobra Connect events, there is no guarantee that you'll win a prize, but the better you do in the challenge the better your odds.

The main prize is a Just Bomb It driver cover from Crown Golf!

image_6824d6b9-2560-452f-8926-77b73218a8ff_503x.jpg?v=1623686185 JustBombItDriverCover1_503x.jpg?v=1624929834 

Everyone who beats me has a chance at winning it. But since that's such a difficult thing to do, if you don't beat me but you're in the top 5 you still have a chance!

If you don't manage either of those feats, you still have a chance at the random draw prize for all contestants - the matching ball marker. If you follow me on Instagram you get a free bonus entry.

image.png.f94672e41de893ec5576c4fd7b66e6f7.png

Plus there's one last chance to win a prize with the side challenge. In honor of my 190+ yard 7-iron during my demo (seriously, the Radspeed irons are ridiculous), the side challenge will be to see who can hit the longest 7-iron (either off the tee or on an approach) in a round during the challenge. In recognition of that extra scoop of ball speed, the prize will be the Two Screams ball marker.

812fb7c0-b522-41f1-ad8b-292d583b77da_503x.png?v=1607829973 

Since I can already hear the old guy who still plays his MacGregor blades from the 80s taking a break from yelling at the kids on his lawn and complaining about jacked lofts, here's the more specific rules about the 7-iron: There are none! I don't care if you take your 7-iron, bend it 10 degrees strong, stick a long-drive shaft on it, and tee the ball up 3 inches in the air. As long as it's a conforming club and it has a 7 stamped on the sole, it's a 7-iron for the purposes of this challenge. And if you do go the franken-club route, I want to see pictures!

Now it's time for the main challenge details.

I said that this would be a 2-part challenge, but fortunately for those of you with real jobs who can't just go play golf every day, each part of the challenge is only 9 holes. That means you could theoretically complete the entire challenge in a single round of golf, and then get back to filling out those TPS reports on time.

image.png.2568a8e675b309ab8815378a97bebe1f.png 

The first 9-hole challenge is that old Bryson classic, the Bomb and Gouge. You can only use Driver, fairway woods, hybrids, and wedges. And yes, that includes the wedges that came with your iron set. Unless you play Honmas and instead have a 10 and 11 iron, in which case tough cookies. You should have known this would happen when you bought them.

You can take as many attempts at this as you want, and just submit your best 9. Want to play a full 18 like this and see if the front or back 9 is better? Do it! Want to sneak onto the golf course at night after it's closed and play the back 9 on repeat until 3 am? Go for it! (For legal reasons that was a joke)

image.png.7e2f185bdb05dcc04045c9f42b959348.png

However, this isn't Winged Foot - you won't win here just because you can drive the ball 380 yards (I'm looking at you, @Chip Strokes). You'll also need some of that 2016-Rickie-esque Iron Mojo. That's right, for the second 9 holes of this challenge, you can only use your irons. I'll even allow driving irons, because it would be too cruel to force @jlukes to play with just his irons. And your set wedges to boot, since they were a part of your iron orders. (Yes, I'm only making that rule because I have 2 set wedges. If you don't like the rules, send all your hatemail to @Thin2win)

Again, you can have multiple attempts. I'm not going to be the one to point out that your relationship is suffering because you spend 53 hours a week at the golf course - it's up to you to decide if a $2700/month alimony payment is worth it for a new driver headcover (and of course the glory that comes with winning the challenge).

image.png.6f46a574ca4f6d23924b2b05480f8edd.png

Once you have your best 9 holes from each part of the challenge, post them up in this thread! Make sure that your post includes the following information:

  • Your handicap
  • Your Bomb and Gouge score
  • Your Iron Mojo score
  • The slope and course rating of the course where you achieved your scores (if your 9-hole scores came from 2 different courses, submit the average. If you can't figure out how to calculate an average, I don't think I can trust you to count high enough to submit an accurate score)
  • Your longest 7-iron shot, with a picture of your shot-tracking GPS as evidence (the GolfShot app is free and has this capability if you don't have something you're already using)

image.png.e4c350a00f5a8e797e259e4f9454f232.png

You have until midnight PST on October 9 to submit your scores.


My fellow Cobra Connect competitors are welcome (some might say required) to submit scores, but they are ineligible to win prizes. You just got $2400 in free golf clubs, quit your whining!

Oh, and one last thing. Since this isn't an official MGS competition, MGS staff and forum mods are welcome to participate as well! And if Adam Beach has a problem with that, he can take me out to dinner and thank me for all the nice publicity I'm generating for him.

Good luck everyone!

I had a downhill tee shot 7-iron earlier this year that went 196.... sadly I don't think that's anywhere near long enough for this competition.  

I'm going to do my best to get both rounds in! this should be fun to follow!

  • Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn - I missed the cut off and used the wrong iron (0 for 2) - I had a 6 iron go 235 (somehow) the other day during an outing.  It was a par 4 with a small creek running through the fairway at 235 mark - hit a 6 iron as I thought it would be safe.  Well.....it wasn't.  found the water and had to drop and ended up with a double.  

Still not sure how this thing went that far.

  • Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Handicap: 4.8

Course: Greenbriar at Whittingham GC 71.2/126

Bomb and Gouge Score: 41

Irons Only: 41

7 iron distance: 197 yards. Par 3 playing 205 to the front and had a little breeze at my back and gave it my all

 

3F37D5C5-00C3-4C5A-8E81-4EC59242D268.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting challenge. I might have had half a chance but they re-modeled hole #7 at Madison Meadows.  Picking the right day with the heavy tail wind is still available, but they replaced the hard-pan, half sod, half dirt, downhill landing area with thick, lush sod... putting an end to the ridiculous roll out and making the hole play as it was intended too.

Still, I have to hit a Velocity right in the gut to end up at 200 yards.

On 9/25/2021 at 8:10 PM, gavinski91 said:

Now that there is a challenge underway is expect the trash talk level to increase by a factor of 17!

It was all the trash talk, memes and gifs in CCC4 that kicked it up a notch... some hilarious stuff.

Chef Emeril Bam GIFs | Tenor

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

looking forward to @gavinski91’s challenge! I’ll be getting that in as soon as possible. Who needs a 5 and 3 wood when you got your driver and 4 hybrid…

Warming up like Dak for that 9 hole Bomb score…

  • Like 1

 :ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

 :adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

 :taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

looking forward to @gavinski91’s challenge! I’ll be getting that in as soon as possible. Who needs a 5 and 3 wood when you got your driver and 4 hybrid…

Warming up like Dak for that 9 hole Bomb score…

dak-prescott-dak.gif

I'm watching the first round of the Long Drive Championship to prepare. Bryson ended T2 in his round robin group, so things are looking good for him! 

Kyle Berkshire's group is just about to start (2:00 PM PT) but I don't think we'll see him doing any full swings just yet.

  • Love 1

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the review is in progress and just hit 1,000 words -- And I haven't even begun typing of the thoughts on the Cobra clubs yet!

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It poured rain all day yesterday, and then cleared up right as I was leaving work so I went out to get a quick 9 holes in. With the wet conditions I probably should have done irons only, but instead I went with woods & wedges. Very difficult to get good ball contact in the mud with the woods, but a few good holes saved my round from total collapse and I ended up with a 48.

For an example of the weird spot my game is in right now, on a dogleg par 4 I hit a 212-yard 3 wood off the tee, then followed that up with a 153-yard pitching wedge approach shot that hit the green. 🤷‍♂️

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Like 8

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Great review, Joe!  Always appreciate your approach to reviews and the great photography is always a welcome addition.

  • Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice write up @jlukes. 

  • Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

 

... Great, honest review Joe! Awesome photo's. Fwiw I found the same thing with my Cobra driver in my last fitting, too little spin robbing me of carry off the tee. Pretty much 1700-1800 consistently and the Sim Max gave me a much better 2300-2400 maximizing carry and roll. I really wish Cobra had the correct shafts in stock for your King Tour irons as it would have been interesting to see if they could have at least challenged your Mizuno's. Doubtful but at least they would be a more interesting comparison. Looking forward to your brother in laws experience using them. 

  • Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...