Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

How to Choose the Best Golf Balls?

If you want to play a urethane ball (higher spinning around the greens) buy a Kirkland ball from Costco.

if you don’t care about spin, the srixon soft feel will be fine.

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

The top balls in the market; like the proV line,  will perform the best at any swing speed. But you may also want to consider price, how many you lose, what you are looking for in a ball, etc.   what confused you about the reviews?  

id look at ProV1, Snell, Kirkland.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

To add on buy different balls and test them on e course to see what one performs best all around.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, RoadPaul said:

I'm looking for a new ball that have 70 Mph swing speed. While I was searching for 70 Mph swing speed, I came to know Srixon Soft Feel Ball. When I was about to purchase for amazon ,reviews confused me. Weather should I select this or go for another one? Can anyone help me to select a ball having 70 Mph swing?

As indicated above, there are many things to consider.  I think ultimately cnosil hit upon the most important consideration..cost.  If you want the most consistent, performing, and least variation ball to ball, then likely the expensive ones Pro V1, Srixon Z-Star, or TP-5, will likely live up to the adage you get what you pay for.  Depending on your ability you may or may not reap the benefits of the added 25-30 dollars a dozen.

However, that being said I use Bridgestone E12 Soft(24$ a dozen, you could probably track some down, but they replaced them with another ).  RickyBobby got this in first I see.  The beauty of inexpensive ones are that you can buy 3 dozen sometimes for the cost of 1 dozen pro v1, and try them out.  I've played Wilson Staff Duo Soft, they were nice.

Lastly I would add (just keeping an eye on the big picture)  buy ones that are not cost prohibitive for you. I mean no offence, and don't know your ability,  but play ones that the cost of which, allow you to without very much hesitation drop another one and play on. 

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

Pretty much everyone has said what you should look for, but also keep in mind that if you are new to the game, there is a chance your swing speed will go north of 70mph.  I liked the Wilson Duo when I wasn't swinging very fast...first ball I ever shot par with (36 par, 9-hole course) and the only time I've shot par.

Also, welcome to the forums...stick around and gain a lot of insight, and offer some input as well.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I suggest the Snell if you are going to stray away from the proV or whatever top tier ball you prefer. Usually takes some trial and error to find what’s good for you but Snell is close for half the price! 

Richard Walter 

I would say we can't help you.  I will also say, go out and buy a bunch of balls you are interested in and try them.  Hit full shots with your irons and woods as well as half shots.  Hit wedges, chip shots, bump and runs etc and see what ball feels best to YOU.  That's the ball you play.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

If you don’t have any kind of starting point in mind you can buy a random assortment of balls off eBay for pretty cheap it won’t be brand new balls but for testing purposes it will give you several choices. Then shag the rest of them. 

Cobra f9

titleist ts3 3 wood and 4 hybrid

titlesist u500 2 iron

srixon z forged 5-pw

cleveland zip core 50 and 55

taylormade high toe 60

taylormade spider x