Titleist Tour Speed

RollingGreens

1 minute ago, BMart519 said:

I picked up 1 dozen used, going to put them in play on Monday for a scramble on a course I just played with a ProV1X. Should be an interesting comparison as I hit a lot of driver to gauge distance and full shots with each 4 of my wedges into greens (45-50-54-60 degrees) to compare stopping power. I hope the MGS hype is real because these balls are real cheap for AAAA used and in great shape since they are a newer release.

Let us know how it works for you.  I don’t have any right now but plan to get more when current stash of balls gets low.  Used balls in Excellent condition is definitely something I’ll look into.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Further comparisons with the Tour Speed left me unimpressed.  I didn't see any performance benefit over the e12 Contact, which is my current gamer.  It's a good ball and I could certainly play it, but I found the e12 gave me more distance without giving up any performance when hitting into the green.  Putting was pretty neutral but I'm probably used to the e12 so it's hard to judge between the two.

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

during the 2021 ball test, didnt the Tour Speed fly the furthest on day 2? like 305 in the air? 

It was mentioned during NPG as a ball that was surprise, so I’m anxiously waiting to see where it ends up when they release the data.

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

13 minutes ago, PMookie said:

It was mentioned during NPG as a ball that was surprise, so I’m anxiously waiting to see where it ends up when they release the data.

Yes, I saw that too, but it really didn't surprise me.  Was it a good ball?  Absolutely, but I guess I was expecting something more.  I really thought I would see better performance hitting into the green, but my swing speed is probably not fast enough to see a difference.

I really had trouble with distance control on the green when putting.  The feel was just not there for me.  Personally, I think the Maxfli Tour (my previous gamer) was much easier to judge distance.  I did a little putting comparison with the Maxfli Tour and the e12 and I found them very, very close when it came to distance control.

• Like 1

I normally play the ProV1x but forget to bring extras on our vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine. Will try a sleeve tomorrow morning of the Tour Speed.

Will keep you posted.

• Like 2

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW,  ST190 Driver, T7 SW -56 and LW -60, Srixon F85 3W, CLK -3 Hybrid 19*. Putter Evnroll ER2 Black.

Prov1x & *Prov1

hole in one.jpg

Just now, acemaker said:

I normally play the ProV1x but forget to bring extras on our vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine. Will try a sleeve tomorrow morning of the Tour Speed.

Will keep you posted.

"People don't care what you know until they know that you care."

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW,  ST190 Driver, T7 SW -56 and LW -60, Srixon F85 3W, CLK -3 Hybrid 19*. Putter Evnroll ER2 Black.

Prov1x & *Prov1

hole in one.jpg

Wanted to piggyback on this thread. I currently game the Snell MTB-X but also been considering the Tour Speed as well as the Maxfli Tour ball. Anyone here have some experience with either of these balls and the MTB-X?

Driver: :titelist-small: - 913 D3

Wood: :callaway-small: - 3W Big Bertha Steelhead

Irons: :ping-small: - Eye 2 3-SW

Putter: :cleveland-small: - Huntington Beach SOFT 8.5

Ball: :Snell: - MTB-X 

Data: :ShotScope: - V3

I bought a dozen because they were out of 2019 ProV1x

I wanted to compare the TOUR SPEED to the TM Tour response and Srixon Q star tour.

I saw no major differences practicing with each pitching, chipping and putting. I don't like the double arrow on the side.

Played 27 holes with the TOUR SPEED and I would agree with most. It has good stopping power with scoring clubs, 7i - wedges. Maybe equal to ProV1 but for me the TOUR SPEED had a lower flight. The short game was very very good. Pitching/chipping, I drop 6 - 8 within a foot. Putts very true, similar to me like a ProV1 or x. I cannot really commend on distance, I just reshafted my irons so I am still dialing them in. I played in windy conditions too, I am not sure the TOUR SPEED is as good thru the wind. I haven't lost any yet.

The price is okay but not low like the TM Tour response and Srixon Q star tour.

WITB 

TM M5 9(10.5) - Fujikura PRO 2.0 6R][ Titleist TS2 16.5(17.25) - Diamana Thump ][ Titleist 917F 21 - Diamana S+ 72

Titleist TSi2 5 (24) - Tensei Raw AV Blue 65 ][ Titleist 818H 27 - GD Tour AD DI 85

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6 - PW, N.S. Pro MODUS3 Tour 120

Vega VW-06 52, 56, 60

Ping B60 and/or

Scotty Cameron STUDIO STAINLESS® LAGUNA 2.5 and/or 

Mizuno M-Craft V - 34" 

1 hour ago, mr.paintmaker said:

The price is okay but not low like the TM Tour response and Srixon Q star tour.

This is the main marketing issue I think Titleist is facing. They want this ball to compete against other Tour-level balls like Z-Star and not against lower-tier competitor urethanes (Q-Star Tour). But as a consumer, I'm absolutely doing what you're describing where I look at a competitor brand and then find their non-Tour urethane option. And in that comparison, no way I'm spending $40/dz unless I just *have* to play Titleist specifically.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Motore X F1 60S
Fun driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 9.5* with 47" Tensei CK White 60S
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 54* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s, :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago

Ball: Maxfli Tour, ProV1, or TP5x
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed: and Fit for Golf 

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

5 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

Yes, I saw that too, but it really didn't surprise me.  Was it a good ball?  Absolutely, but I guess I was expecting something more.  I really thought I would see better performance hitting into the green, but my swing speed is probably not fast enough to see a difference.

I really had trouble with distance control on the green when putting.  The feel was just not there for me.  Personally, I think the Maxfli Tour (my previous gamer) was much easier to judge distance.  I did a little putting comparison with the Maxfli Tour and the e12 and I found them very, very close when it came to distance control.

I found quite the opposite on the stopping power.  And I certainly don’t have a high swing speed.  Maybe 73 mph on a 7 iron.  But I do hit a high ball.   Almost all of my irons it stopped within 3-5 feet of the ball mark.  

And I absolutely loved the soft/quiet feel off the putter. Even more so than my ProVX 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

37 minutes ago, greggarner said:

This is the main marketing issue I think Titleist is facing. They want this ball to compete against other Tour-level balls like Z-Star and not against lower-tier competitor urethanes (Q-Star Tour). But as a consumer, I'm absolutely doing what you're describing where I look at a competitor brand and then find their non-Tour urethane option. And in that comparison, no way I'm spending $40/dz unless I just *have* to play Titleist specifically.

Agreed. There are a number of urethane options out there at a lower price point that perform very well. Tough to justify $40, especially for someone like me, when I can pick up something else right next to it on the shelf for $10, or order online for literally half the price.

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:wilson_staff_small: D200 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

23 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Agreed. There are a number of urethane options out there at a lower price point that perform very well. Tough to justify $40, especially for someone like me, when I can pick up something else right next to it on the shelf for $10, or order online for literally half the price.

Sites like “Lost Golf Balls” have excellent prices and and options.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I received a sleeve of the Tour Speed from Titleist to try and review. Overall it a good ball and at a good "bang for your buck". I'm not extremely brand loyal when it comes to balls. I found the Tour Speed ball to perform well. It appeared to be as long as the balls I currently play and spun well inside of 100yds and around the green. I found feel to be too soft for my liking. I didn't care for the feel when putting. The cover seemed to rough up a little more as well. Overall though, at $35/dz it was a good ball. I still prefer the Snell MTB and MTB X at the same price point.

• Like 1