TESTERS WANTED! ×

ATT Byron Nelson - 2021

fixyurdivot

Another venue back from last years shutdown.  Sung Kang returns to defend his first PGA win in 2019. Four of the top ten are in the field this week along with Hideki Matsuyama who took a little time off following his historic win at Augusta (he probably spent much of the time dodging the media 🙂). The event moves to a new location, TPC Craig Ranch, in McKinney, TX. 

I have to go with Jordan for the win because, well, he is the only player on my FTx squad in the field. I might have to consider a trade or two 😬.  Who ya got?

2021 AT&T Byron Nelson Tournament Preview: Everything You Need To Know  About TPC Craig Ranch Before Tee Off - PGA TOUT

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I lived in Dallas and never made it out to the Byron Nelson, it was at Trinity Forrest when I was there and just did not seem enjoyable. There is so much potential for this to be a great event especially with the Salesmanship Club, but the venue changes makes it hard for the city to buy in.

I'm going to go with Daniel Berger. I think the big name players are going to have Kiawah on their minds, trying to prep for the shots required out there, and just trying to get in good form. But you never know, Bryson could show up for the home crowd, Rickie could find himself, Zalatoris could show he is here to stay. I'm hoping for some good golf!

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Rickie will be much too busy filming commercials and crafting sponsored posts for his socials to win the tournament. Would love to see Zalatoris win it, ridiculous that he is not a fully exempt tour member but someone like Sean O'Hair is still exempt off some BS medical exemption. I'll be interested to see if guys like Luke List and Keith Mitchell can build off of their performances last week. 

Does anybody know what kind of course TPC Craig Ranch is? Looking at it on GPS it seems to be fairly wide open? I would push back a little of Trinity Forest not being enjoyable. To me, it was a nice change from all the tree lined golf courses and TPC crap the tour trots out most weeks. Has a links like feel and seems like to could play incredibly fast and firm which really gives a great player a chance to separate. I think it was hurt by (a) it doesn't POP at all on TV and (b) the sponsors didn't seem to like it for whatever reason. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

See how motivated Rickie is after Rory & JS making comebacks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, vandyland said:

Rickie will be much too busy filming commercials and crafting sponsored posts for his socials to win the tournament. Would love to see Zalatoris win it, ridiculous that he is not a fully exempt tour member but someone like Sean O'Hair is still exempt off some BS medical exemption. I'll be interested to see if guys like Luke List and Keith Mitchell can build off of their performances last week. 

Does anybody know what kind of course TPC Craig Ranch is? Looking at it on GPS it seems to be fairly wide open? I would push back a little of Trinity Forest not being enjoyable. To me, it was a nice change from all the tree lined golf courses and TPC crap the tour trots out most weeks. Has a links like feel and seems like to could play incredibly fast and firm which really gives a great player a chance to separate. I think it was hurt by (a) it doesn't POP at all on TV and (b) the sponsors didn't seem to like it for whatever reason. 

I agree that Trinity Forrest is an awesome course and a great change from the other tour courses. You're right, it definitely felt like sponsors were never really in it. And as a result, the tournament is scheduled close to a major, when there is a chance of really hot temps (this week looks enjoyable, 80s), plus no shade makes it a tough event for fans (even though I'll be attending Kiawah in a few weeks). I think it is a missed opportunity.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Hmm. I’m going with Pat Perez....

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I think Spieth will continue his good play and be near the top.  He's priming for the PGA next week, so this is a get ready week.

I like Scottie Scheffler to win in Texas.

I also have to root for John Catlin who I have watched for many months on the Euro Tour.  He's won twice there and seems to always be on the leaderboards.  I'd like to see him get back to the USA.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It’s close to a home event for a lot of players so loading up my team w the Lone Stars.  We’ll see if Zalatoris can regroup.  In my B group I had to choose between him and Ryan Palmer.  Palmer is probably a safer play to place well, but I’m rolling the dice in hopes of an outright win.  He just needs to find his putter.  It’s a new venue, the Tour will play it safe and have accessible pins - should be a birdie-fest  

3B22816C-F3AC-4DF4-A063-777EE6745D32.png.2f6093dcd896bdbc767bacb137850603.png

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Spieth is a good pick since he's already won once in Texas. It'll be interesting to see how Koepka reads greens. Not sure he even needs to play this week leading into the PGA if his knee is still iffy. Rickie, what can I say, needs to figure it out. I'm one to talk since I can't figure out my own personal miniscule issues and I only play 9 holes every 1-2 weeks. I'd love a strong showing form Camillo Villegas. 

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

Here’s my picks this week:

Favorite: Jon Rahm gets out of his funk and wins by 3

Sleeper: Matthew Fitzpatrick comes from behind on Sunday to win

Darkhorse: Thomas Pieters. 

Let’s do this.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

On 5/10/2021 at 7:21 PM, PMookie said:

Hmm. I’m going with Pat Perez....

I'd like to see Pat win it.

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Good group to watch... Spieth, Scheffler, Zalatoris.  Should be fun; hope they feed off each other... in a good way.

Yup, good group.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Has anyone taken a look at the PGAtour.com details hole by hole? This is my first time navigating through but there are some super cool traits online. Can do hole overviews and shot by shot tracking of specific players. I am sure this has been for every tournament but first time I have noticed it. 

As for players I hope Zalatoris has a bounce back

image.png.d44739d46a6f0ec77ddccbe544addde0.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I had not heard that Jordan had tested positive for C19.  He tested positive shortly after The Masters.  Never lost his taste or smell (very common symptom) and had what sounds like the typical run down feeling for the better part of a week. 

COVID free Jordan Spieth returns to PGA Tour at AT&T Byron Nelson (usatoday.com)

Lowest overall scoring opening round since 1983.  Me thinks the folks at TPC Craig Ranch are already busy looking at changes moving into the next 3 days and for 2022.  Course Super's don't like their track getting torched 😆.  

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Lowest overall scoring opening round since 1983.  Me thinks the folks at TPC Craig Ranch are already busy looking at changes moving into the next 3 days and for 2022.  Course Super's don't like their track getting torched 😆.  

That’s a course that if the wind lays down it’s defenseless, with forecasts looking good for the next 2 days there could be some crazy numbers posted

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Also with some rain early in the week it soft on top of it. This was quite a day. Currently the cut line is at -4. When I looked earlier even was 133rd place. Will be interesting to see where the numbers land tomorrow, someone might challenge -15 or -16 which sounds crazy.

For those curious the lowest cut in an event is -7

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pgatour.com/news/2020/10/09/rickie-fowler-round-two-missed-cut-shriners-hospitals-for-children-open-tpc-summerlin.amp.html

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Cur line up to -6. Dang

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Those fairways look SO wide!!! 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

A little early morning Saturday action to be aware of (please don’t jinx this, please don’t jinx this). Scott Stallings is -7 through 10 and has 6 birdies in a row! Can he best Burns -10 from yesterday?

Edit: Native Area off the tee on the next shot 🤦

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

16 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Cur line up to -6. Dang

That's a number we rarely see.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that TPC Craig Ranch will not be hosting a US Open anytime in the forever future 🤣.

2 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

A little early morning Saturday action to be aware of (please don’t jinx this, please don’t jinx this). Scott Stallings is -7 through 10 and has 6 birdies in a row! Can he best Burns -10 from yesterday?

Edit: Native Area off the tee on the next shot 🤦

3E8FDB7C-850B-454A-8081-2E3CC4A0FDE6.jpeg

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

As it stands right now, this event might conclude without a single player in the field finishing over par.  Does anyone know if this has happened before?  My quick search didn't find a conclusive answer, but I'm thinking it's a first in PGA Tour history 🤔.

image.png.cd24f9380d59eabc8165a11344756e18.png

Jordan tied for 12th at -17... anyone besides me would have guessed that... as in never 🤣.

It has been a crazy week and now the weather and the fact they had 3 guys squeegying the greens and had planned to play it out till the lightening and now it will be tough to see them finishing today from what I heard briefly. Sounds like the worst is to come still, hopefully they can finish off and Spieth can stay in the top 10 (need those extra points to win one of my matchups). I think KHJ has this in the bag regardless with a 3 shot cushion and 3 to play. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congratulations K.H. Lee!  That was a very impressive 72 holes of golf. I noted K.J. Choi was on hand at the 18th hole to congratulate him.  You just have to believe the number of South Korea players on the PGA will grow and add their names to trophies.

I have made an inquiry to the PGA asking about whether this event set a new record low scoring for the field.  Amazingly with the myriad of statistics their website maintains, I could not find anything on this question.  Bragging rights to anyone who can find the answer 🤓.

I certainly have established pros I root for, but I enjoy seeing first time winners as well. It’s nice to see a lifetime of work finally pay off, Burns a few weeks ago and Lee this week, both earned their wins with good play and were grateful winners. Burns was even emotional. If I heard them right Lee’s had 80 starts before this win. Good for them!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

4 hours ago, Middler said:

I certainly have established pros I root for, but I enjoy seeing first time winners as well. It’s nice to see a lifetime of work finally pay off, Burns a few weeks ago and Lee this week, both earned their wins with good play and were grateful winners. Burns was even emotional. If I heard them right Lee’s had 80 starts before this win. Good for them!

Check out the Champions Tour the past two weeks.  Alex Cejka wins his first CT event, the Traditions, as an alternate Monday qualifier.  Then today, Dicky Pride, also a Monday qualifier, gets his first CT win at the Mitsubishi Classic.  HUGE career and life changing victories for these two in the trenches, tour grinders.