TESTERS WANTED! ×

On Course Demo with Cobra Radspeed

cjeffs12

What is now looking like my previous gamer, Ping G410 LST with Ventus Black 6-X, I averaged 289 and 50 % fairways hit, tracked on Arccos. The reason I even thought about wanting to see what else was out there was due to swing changes, I really fought the left miss for right handed golfer, so I wanted more spin and an open face that the Ping gave me. I have really worked on being more neutral, and really wanted to hit a power fade, but just couldn’t seem to get it with that setup. I play in central Texas so playing in 15 mph winds is a normal day, and into wind I always felt robbed, but down wind it would fly. Enter the Cobra Radspeed...

This is a sample size of 3 rounds, and some range sessions. First thing I noticed was I was hitting fades, and at first a few slices lol for someone would hadn’t hit a fade in years it was a welcome sight, at first. Naturally, after hitting no draws I did get a little confused, but after playing with the weight settings and upright settings I was hitting fades, not weak ones so I couldn’t complain. The next day came back to it, and put back into standard 9* with weight forward, I think it was a length issue, as it was almost an inch longer than what I played before and swing weight was much lighter. Once I was adjusted to the difference I could draw and still hit a fade, my left miss was much less severe. 

On course numbers for these 3 rounds, all from my Arccos tracking. I had 13/30 drives over 300 yards! Could have been more but I flew some into bunkers at 290 yards, I’ve never rolled into these bunkers before. I had a drive at 344 and 354 yesterday 💪🏼 Not my longest drive ever, but if these had hit the fairway I may get past my personal best. Speaking of fairways hit, I averaged 46% fairways hit, I usually average 50%. It is somewhat forgiving, and the more I have played the more fairways I’ve hit. Compared to the last 3 rounds with my Ping, I had 5/28 drives over 300 yards. This added distance with not a huge loss of accuracy, if you can call it that for me lol, my strokes gained has been huge! Last two rounds my driving had +5 handicap facet. Very impressed with this driver, only down side is the loss of ball speed, with the Ping I was usually always over 165, but with the Cobra I was low 160s. The Radspeed puts me in a much better launch and spin window, and I haven’t put in my specs yet. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

19 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Great stuff. Sounds like the Ping was more efficient in generating ball speed by the Radspeed is spinning less to give you those extra yards

What shaft do you have in the Radspeed?

Oh yeah the Ping was very efficient. I have the MOTORE X F1, it’s a nice shaft, I think if I  tipped it a half inch it be better for me. 

4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

That is the exact shaft setup (F1 6x tipped .5”)that I’m leaning towards for the Cobra Connect Challenge 

I swing around 115+ and it’s a real smooth shaft, I generally keep my strikes inside or on the circle on the face, and if I was putting it in play full time I would at least a half inch. 

That's awesome!  @Lacassem has been hitting some serious bombs with his Motore X - Radspeed combo as well.  

Any idea how much less you're spinning it now?  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Yes I’m loving this club. I’ve dropped my spin substantially and I’m hitting 290+ extremely consistently. With winds in the spring here I’m still carrying impressive distance with a very controllable fade. Loving the rad

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

21 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Yes I’m loving this club. I’ve dropped my spin substantially and I’m hitting 290+ extremely consistently. With winds in the spring here I’m still carrying impressive distance with a very controllable fade. Loving the rad

Which shaft did you go with?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Interesting thread but you guys are MASHERS! I have a G410 LST with a HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 shaft and I have a range of outcomes (230-280yd drives) I'm pretty much around 250-260 yards off the tee. I was fitted with the Ping TOUR shaft and found that I was able to get about 5-10 yards more from the Smoke (it is 1/2" longer shaft). I'm gonna try the Tensei CK Orange shaft with the LST next. However, I'm intrigued by the RADSPEED since I hit their fairway woods really well. I'm demoing a RADSPEED XB for the next couple weeks with a MID/MID shaft (Motore X F3) as I believe I can average 270+ with the right combo. The XB is an even longer shaft (yikes). We'll see...

Driver: image.png.3694600600c43a37c27394a7ea01ced0.png ZX5 10.5, HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

3 Wood: image.png.3694600600c43a37c27394a7ea01ced0.png ZX, HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

5 Wood: :callaway-small: Epic Flash, HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

4/5 Hybrid: :ping-small: G425, EvenFlow Black

Irons: :ping-small: i525s (6-UW), DG 105

Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 3.0 (54, 58 EYE2), Ping Z-Z115

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot RX, V-Line Fang, Super Stroke 3.0, image.png.1102aaa904b351f31a2644cd0d9d76e5.png Spyder X, Super Stroke 1.0

Ball: image.png.3694600600c43a37c27394a7ea01ced0.png Z-Star XV, White

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

That's awesome!  @Lacassem has been hitting some serious bombs with his Motore X - Radspeed combo as well.  

Any idea how much less you're spinning it now?  

No unfortunately my smallish town only has one launch monitor, but I’m working on getting on it to see. I’m just assuming it is much better because into wind I don’t notice it hit the wall and just hang there. 

18 minutes ago, Scott M said:

Interesting thread but you guys are MASHERS! I have a G410 LST with a HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 shaft and I have a range of outcomes (230-280yd drives) I'm pretty much around 250-260 yards off the tee. I was fitted with the Ping TOUR shaft and found that I was able to get about 5-10 yards more from the Smoke (it is 1/2" longer shaft). I'm gonna try the Tensei CK Orange shaft with the LST next. However, I'm intrigued by the RADSPEED since I hit their fairway woods really well. I'm demoing a RADSPEED XB for the next couple weeks with a MID/MID shaft (Motore X F3) as I believe I can average 270+ with the right combo. The XB is an even longer shaft (yikes). We'll see...

I really liked the Tensei Orange, it just didn’t work best for me. 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Which shaft did you go with?

MotoreX F1 6x. Really enjoy it 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Arccos really pays off with having the data with which to make good decisions.  Otherwise it's guesswork.

8* SIM2 Custom / PX RDX Smoke Black 6.0 46.5"

15* SIM Ti / Velocore 7s

19* SIM Max Hy / GOST 39.5"

4,5 Srixon ZX5  6-P Srixon ZX7  ProjectX LZ 120 6.0

50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, Stability Tour shaft and SuperStroke

JumboMax Ultralight Small on Driver, Golf Pride Tour Velvet (irons and MCC (woods) Mid on all others.

TP5X Pix  and -ProV1

3 hours ago, cbbuff said:

Arccos really pays off with having the data with which to make good decisions.  Otherwise it's guesswork.

Oh for sure! Before I would just take the scorecard and subtract the yardage in. It would make me feel like a beast, but knowing my actual yardage is so much better in the long run

On 5/10/2021 at 9:53 AM, cjeffs12 said:

What is now looking like my previous gamer, Ping G410 LST with Ventus Black 6-X, I averaged 289 and 50 % fairways hit, tracked on Arccos. The reason I even thought about wanting to see what else was out there was due to swing changes, I really fought the left miss for right handed golfer, so I wanted more spin and an open face that the Ping gave me. I have really worked on being more neutral, and really wanted to hit a power fade, but just couldn’t seem to get it with that setup. I play in central Texas so playing in 15 mph winds is a normal day, and into wind I always felt robbed, but down wind it would fly. Enter the Cobra Radspeed...

This is a sample size of 3 rounds, and some range sessions. First thing I noticed was I was hitting fades, and at first a few slices lol for someone would hadn’t hit a fade in years it was a welcome sight, at first. Naturally, after hitting no draws I did get a little confused, but after playing with the weight settings and upright settings I was hitting fades, not weak ones so I couldn’t complain. The next day came back to it, and put back into standard 9* with weight forward, I think it was a length issue, as it was almost an inch longer than what I played before and swing weight was much lighter. Once I was adjusted to the difference I could draw and still hit a fade, my left miss was much less severe. 

On course numbers for these 3 rounds, all from my Arccos tracking. I had 13/30 drives over 300 yards! Could have been more but I flew some into bunkers at 290 yards, I’ve never rolled into these bunkers before. I had a drive at 344 and 354 yesterday 💪🏼 Not my longest drive ever, but if these had hit the fairway I may get past my personal best. Speaking of fairways hit, I averaged 46% fairways hit, I usually average 50%. It is somewhat forgiving, and the more I have played the more fairways I’ve hit. Compared to the last 3 rounds with my Ping, I had 5/28 drives over 300 yards. This added distance with not a huge loss of accuracy, if you can call it that for me lol, my strokes gained has been huge! Last two rounds my driving had +5 handicap facet. Very impressed with this driver, only down side is the loss of ball speed, with the Ping I was usually always over 165, but with the Cobra I was low 160s. The Radspeed puts me in a much better launch and spin window, and I haven’t put in my specs yet. 

I am about to venture down the same trail you went on. I've had the Ping G410 Plus with the Project X Evenflow Black and could carry it 280-290 when hit well. I've been struggling with the left miss and have been working on my grip and swing plane. I'll be getting fitted soon for the Cobra Radspeed and will more than likely be avoiding the XB and XD and sticking to the regular. Seeing so many people using the MotoreX F1 6x, I'll have to give that a try next week. 

Did you test the XB or XD?

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

3 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I am about to venture down the same trail you went on. I've had the Ping G410 Plus with the Project X Evenflow Black and could carry it 280-290 when hit well. I've been struggling with the left miss and have been working on my grip and swing plane. I'll be getting fitted soon for the Cobra Radspeed and will more than likely be avoiding the XB and XD and sticking to the regular. Seeing so many people using the MotoreX F1 6x, I'll have to give that a try next week. 

Did you test the XB or XD?

I did not, fearing the left and no flat settings  (as far as I know) I want to wait and keep working on neutralizing my swing if I do try the XB. I really do like the Motore X F1, it is definitely one to try.