Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Getting better during your off-time

Hello Fellow Spies, 

With two young kids I am always looking for ways to improve during what I call my off-time. This is the time that I have when I put the kids to bed and the house is quiet. During this time, I have been developing ways to build better golf foundations and identifying how they have improved my game. For example, I am a big proponent of stretching. I usually perform a stretching routine nightly and try to get a few stretches in before a round of golf. This has helped tremendously in my swing, especially for the driver. For only playing three years, I have been able to break 90 and am headed towards breaking 80 this summer (fingers crossed). In addition to stretching, I practice putting on a puttout aid with a SKLZ mat, which has helped with keeping my putter face squared. For distance control, I am an ace with the aids but struggle leaving it short on the course. Rather than sitting around, I am looking for some better tips and tricks to use this off-time to build a better golf foundation. 

For those that are interested here is my stretching routine: 

I use these stretches as the foundation including a cat-cow pose and side lunges. Also,  I add 2-3 new stretches that changes each week. This week I am focusing on wrist and ankle flexibility.  

https://www.verywellfit.com/stretching-exercises-for-golfers-3120317

Bag - :Ogio: Cart bag

Driver:cobra-small: - Cobra F8+  Tensei CK AV Blue 55

3 Wood :taylormade-small:-Taylormade RBZ 15 degree

4 hybrid -:taylormade-small: Taylormade RBZ 22 degree

5-p Irons -:titelist-small:Titleist AP2 714 - S300 Shaft

Approach Wedge -:taylormade-small: Taylormade Burner 2.0 

52, 56, 60 - Kirkland Wedge Set

Putter - Kirkland Putter or Odyssey White Hot Dart 

Ball - Kirkland v2

Pushing - :CaddyTek:  3 wheel swivel