TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tournament TV coverage - What would you change?

TBS

Maybe I have been listening to No Laying Up too much but I'm growing increasingly frustrated with TV coverage of PGA events. The commercials being a big thing but also their choice in who they show on a Sunday or cutting away while a rules official is about to talk to a player are a few more examples. 

If you could change any aspect TV Coverage of tournament events, what would you do?

For me, outside of what was mentioned above, on Sundays, I would show the money lost/gain on the outcome of 18th hole for players finishing. That adds drama! I want to know why that Birdie/bogey makes a difference. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

If they are going to talk about how close pros hit the ball to the hole they need to do a better job of giving real information and not the BS that most announcers say.  

id change the broadcast to have drone coverage of all the players.  You pick the players or groups you want to watch and can stream it live.  The masters coverage via the app is almost an ideal way to match golf. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’m okay with an introduction from the announcers when they first come on air, but when we start showing the players/caddies, stop talking. I love hearing the interaction between the players and their caddies. Listening to their thoughts and how they are going to approach the next shot is really interesting to me. A few examples that come to mind are Rory and his caddies discussion to drop on 18 last week and Speith’s relationship with his caddie. 

Something TV networks have gotten better at are showing play through screens while a commercial is going on. More of that would be nice.

One last thing is show more players! I know that is hard to do, but it only seems like they show the big bombs for birdies from people not in contention. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

5 hours ago, pouetvl said:

More LPGA coverage, way more cute and more like the standard player!

Honestly, show more bad shot so the normal golfer can feel more normal...

The guy play +5 but does a perfect approach on 16th, we only see that shot....

Yes to this. I try to watch as much LPGA play as I can when its on. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

On 5/12/2021 at 7:54 AM, cnosil said:

If they are going to talk about how close pros hit the ball to the hole they need to do a better job of giving real information and not the BS that most announcers say.  

id change the broadcast to have drone coverage of all the players.  You pick the players or groups you want to watch and can stream it live.  The masters coverage via the app is almost an ideal way to match golf. 

100% agree regarding the Masters App. Amazing way to view a tournament, select players.