TESTERS WANTED! ×

Favorite Golf Hole Ever Played, and One You Want to Play Badly

I love to travel and hope to incorporate golf more and more into my travels moving forward.  Had a thought and figured I would share: what is your favorite golf hole you have ever played?  Post a picture (either you took or from online) and tell why it is your favorite! Also, post a pic of one hole you would love to play that you have seen on tv or maybe just heard about from friends. 

My favorite I have played is 18 at Old Waverly.  Par 4 that goes around the lake, you basically have to carry it 200 yards to have a long iron into the green, but the greedier you get with your drive the farther it must be carried. I was there with some buddies last year and one buddy said "you basically have to get lucky to not get wet or lose it in the woods beyond the fairway" and right as he said that I hit my best drive of the day to about 100 yards from the green, almost all carry over water. Ended up par on that hole. It is a really pretty hole too as is the whole course. 

As for one hole I would love to get to play, probably number 8 at Pebble Beach.  Might never make par, but just such a cool layout and challenging hole. 

18_18OldWaverlyGC_18_1.jpg

fb2727cc639d0ff8f807bcc02834a49f.jpg

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Favorite Hole? 12 at Pine Valley.  Such a fantastic risk/reward Par 4

Go for the green with a driver?  Try to get pin high right of the green with 3W?  Play it safe with a hybrid or mid iron to the fat part of the fairway?

A6B27222-7A8D-46B9-AA8D-DA0C9518E9F1.jpeg.5a39f8bb1cef195cf88dedcd91d89c33.jpeg

LinksGems Golf Photos on Twitter: "The newly renovated par-4 12th at Pine  Valley Golf Club. This frequently requested top-down look shows the tree  clearing and new bunkering down the left side of

Pine Valley Golf Club like you've never seen it: Exclusive drone footage of  all 18 holes | Courses | Golf Digest

Hole I most want to play? Has to be #13.

Risk-reward Par 5 where so many iconic Masters Moments have been created

The Masters: Hole #13 Azalea

I'm a big fan of Tobacco Road in general and it has a ton of great holes but I really loved the par 5 13th which has so many interesting aspects to it:

1) It forces you to make a choice right from the tee shot, do you hit an easy hybrid straight (white line) or take on the trees (yellow line) and potentially water if you blow it too far right? From our tees it is about a 250 yd carry (downhill a bit) to make the yellow line work. 

image.png.91e08f66dfa90cbb4330fb1ce2736892.png

2) Okay depending on how you navigated the risk from the tee (or deferred it by taking safe route) you now have another choice. Do you go for the green? It is a rather important question because the green is only ELEVEN yards deep and is a "castle" green where you must fly your approach over a slope of waste bunker/tall grass to get on the green and if you nuke your approach it will be long in more waste/tall grass or possibly across the road and OB. See overhead view below from Google Earth...

image.png.ca93b2bd8afc7e4efb2e19ca1471d42a.png

And view from the side as you exit the green...

image.png.3477dd12afcdd2b21fc7e7e25595e6d2.png

And, of course, this is all you see from the fairway...

image.png.aada8c5b41efdc4c01fd240146dcb8d7.png

3) Even once you are on the green, it has a subtle move from back to front that makes it hard to judge the break of the putt. Just all in all I was thinking so much on this hole. Ultimately, I took it over the trees, had a 9 iron in, hit the wrongside of the green in two and made a par. Had I made an 8 I might feel differently but this was truly a very cool golf hole. I have never seen a green like that and while I wouldn't want 18 holes of it, it was amazing to play it in person. Having it played it super risky as I did, I could see how playing it conservatively might yield the same result where you just hit Hybrid + Hybrid + SW. A lot of the holes out there were some of my favorite golf holes just because they were such radical departures from the golf I normally play. Maybe it would get old after the novelty wore off on some of the holes but this one would always get my blood pumping I think.

As for holes I would want to play, I have never really thought of that. I really just want to play the Bandon Courses and Sand Valley.

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Favorite Hole? 12 at Pine Valley.  Such a fantastic risk/reward Par 4

Go for the green with a driver?  Try to get pin high right of the green with 3W?  Play it safe with a hybrid or mid iron to the fat part of the fairway?

4rsJ27iSyy8-RdbDD1hyPdXVcnII1IacXNyaHqYBOGLGDbeCG_hP0SUIQEI-nBZmNnTZX218gZQAVlgmwqElpcB9E-6G-RT3wj0IcbGt5QMZJyy36f75KWgf7i6AExR5Xsk_CbZAAKtVzPqKPyv1ioCtbK3WFIata5Tm2MgVXHCHn9o6rDfjkfN6e3dDZSHZ1c-5ZCTC0PfBAZyLh9ykxLgskNcLmtqql51WttwCCDD9p-KA4hUv-Rz1sq8EajAqNeW7knp8z8yGSFM8wzD66rnZ0YVs4vs2S-xF_yRxmly0f-MS-dNtA92pgt-Ng0JuuvnwfM8aNf7h-Ym8E1LeI5_bsCWzVN0_wzSZDQeJRZKc-uE39cjkng-uNHCqyEVWrgr27Pyqi-83dzxsEga0mjMRMZeqFPzhyy6FKsUWHjKq99nlcDhEw6K90jHy0UawHg3-Cawh8xnvTf0HNYkL00ceaSFzhIYpkq4JYN02bM-XSFAP2nZVBdWZKQlmNvGsi27AmHOrLe6E_lwL5nYop3o-iGndM9Pd8hUV7eUEbMwPeVG0lAnV65ML94mqujh4pIGpiL7JM1FFGTFkb_Ub_V0pVAqASE2MCOA6HG9W2QnDgWD5tjjJoPNLnayiZmQwtdbag8oKOnFCTHfYU-HofkAqAGVdGltBeR5ECAAcrvuWJImf_CreovXexxLGbcjnhhrk4dxM1tJ84D42vUlCsuwaGA=s937-no?authuser=0

LinksGems Golf Photos on Twitter: "The newly renovated par-4 12th at Pine  Valley Golf Club. This frequently requested top-down look shows the tree  clearing and new bunkering down the left side of

Pine Valley Golf Club like you've never seen it: Exclusive drone footage of  all 18 holes | Courses | Golf Digest

Hole I most want to play? Has to be #13.

Risk-reward Par 5 where so many iconic Masters Moments have been created

The Masters: Hole #13 Azalea

Pine Valley looks incredible! I just want to go to Augusta, even if I can never play it! 

32 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I'm a big fan of Tobacco Road in general and it has a ton of great holes but I really loved the par 5 13th which has so many interesting aspects to it:

1) It forces you to make a choice right from the tee shot, do you hit an easy hybrid straight (white line) or take on the trees (yellow line) and potentially water if you blow it too far right? From our tees it is about a 250 yd carry (downhill a bit) to make the yellow line work. 

image.png.91e08f66dfa90cbb4330fb1ce2736892.png

2) Okay depending on how you navigated the risk from the tee (or deferred it by taking safe route) you now have another choice. Do you go for the green? It is a rather important question because the green is only ELEVEN yards deep and is a "castle" green where you must fly your approach over a slope of waste bunker/tall grass to get on the green and if you nuke your approach it will be long in more waste/tall grass or possibly across the road and OB. See overhead view below from Google Earth...

image.png.ca93b2bd8afc7e4efb2e19ca1471d42a.png

And view from the side as you exit the green...

image.png.3477dd12afcdd2b21fc7e7e25595e6d2.png

And, of course, this is all you see from the fairway...

image.png.aada8c5b41efdc4c01fd240146dcb8d7.png

3) Even once you are on the green, it has a subtle move from back to front that makes it hard to judge the break of the putt. Just all in all I was thinking so much on this hole. Ultimately, I took it over the trees, had a 9 iron in, hit the wrongside of the green in two and made a par. Had I made an 8 I might feel differently but this was truly a very cool golf hole. I have never seen a green like that and while I wouldn't want 18 holes of it, it was amazing to play it in person. Having it played it super risky as I did, I could see how playing it conservatively might yield the same result where you just hit Hybrid + Hybrid + SW. A lot of the holes out there were some of my favorite golf holes just because they were such radical departures from the golf I normally play. Maybe it would get old after the novelty wore off on some of the holes but this one would always get my blood pumping I think.

As for holes I would want to play, I have never really thought of that. I really just want to play the Bandon Courses and Sand Valley.

That is a beast of a hole on doubt. I’ve heard a lot about Tobacco Road recently that has me wanting to go play badly. 

Bandon Dunes is really high on my bucket list as well! 

Myrtle Beach, Kings North course. The hole is called the Gambler and is a par 5. This hole always stands out when I think back on interesting holes. Go for the island fairway or go around the lake and play it safe.  I gambled and put a good drive down the island fairway and was about 20 short of going to long. Panic set in on the long approach all over water to the green which is almost surrounded by water again from that angle. I took an extra club and went long but shy of going in the water on the back side. Managed to make par so I was still content.

1867290279_TheGambler.jpg.23b22f969223b10bb8d076805767919f.jpg

I don't really have a must play hole.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

27 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Myrtle Beach, Kings North course. The hole is called the Gambler and is a par 5. This hole always stands out when I think back on interesting holes. Go for the island fairway or go around the lake and play it safe.  I gambled and put a good drive down the island fairway and was about 20 short of going to long. Panic set in on the long approach all over water to the green which is almost surrounded by water again from that angle. I took an extra club and went long but shy of going in the water on the back side. Managed to make par so I was still content.

That may be the craziest hole I’ve ever seen! 

11 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

My favorite was the first at the Old Course.  The hole itself isn't anything special, a hundred-yard wide fairway, a tiny wee creek in front, simply.  But to be there, you've gone through a bunch of hoops.  You've walked around the town, and you're standing right in front of the R&A clubhouse.  If you get to play this hole, you get to play all the rest.  Its one of the best experiences in golf.

I’m not sure you actually like golf if the old course isn’t on your bucket list! 

6 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I played this a couple of years ago and it is a cool hole. I agree, you have to play to the island fairway, if only to say it happened. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

Great topic - I tried something similar a few months back, but I think I put a bit too much thought into it and did the entire 18 of my favorite golf holes.   

Given that, I'd have to say that I can't really narrow it down to one hole, but a couple at Bandon Dunes that really stood out.  

#13 at Augusta has always been the hole I've wanted to play.  With the slope of the fairway and the requirement of shot shaping, I've always been intrigued.   Also, with so much riding on the hole coming into the back 9 on Sunday, I've just always loved it.  This would also mean I'd get to play the rest of Augusta National as well.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Favorite hole I've ever played.

p_php.jpeg.c29ce1dc07315ac0a4e4479992525563.jpeg

Hole I most want to play.

m7yuBEqOSrPz5nY7ZqLw9iwiYlNFISjOwDbe2xXcz5I.jpg.8f6c042d97fb76c995221fdce2bd0502.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

58 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

m7yuBEqOSrPz5nY7ZqLw9iwiYlNFISjOwDbe2xXcz5I.jpg.8f6c042d97fb76c995221fdce2bd0502.jpg

I am with you on the hole that I want to play. Such a cool concept.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Favorite hole I've played (sucker for par 3's no matter the outcome)

230 from the tips, 200 ft drop, 7 iron to the green. Something about seeing the ball take 5 minutes to land..

See the source image

Hole I want to play (besides the one @Headhammer posted)

See the source image

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

RH, Alabama

6 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Favorite hole I've played (sucker for par 3's no matter the outcome)

230 from the tips, 200 ft drop, 7 iron to the green. Something about seeing the ball take 5 minutes to land..

See the source image

Hole I want to play (besides the one @Headhammer posted)

See the source image

Great first pic. Very similar to the 11th at Sugarloaf in Maine

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

The Road Hole at St. Andrews. I’d always heard that you aim over the building on the right side but didn’t realize how frightening that shot is until standing on the tee box with the wind absolutely howling left to right just waiting to push the ball out of bounds. I couldn’t bring myself to start the shot where my caddie said to and snap hooked it into the adjoining fairway. My caddie was angry ( he didn’t let the player/caddie relationship get in the way of expressing his opinion). I then proceeded to  hit a 5 wood fat. Hit the 5 wood again and it rolled up the front slope of the green, stopped and rolled back off the green. From there I got up and down for a bogey. Most satisfying bogey I’ve ever made.

There are a ton of holes I would love to play but the short par 3 at Pebble Beach (no. 7?) is one I think would be great when the wind is blowing hard. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

3 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Played Coeur D' Alene 4 times now.. Love this hole, never made par.. hit the green 2/4 but never stayed on.. We got there once with a buddy who had not played it yet and he was saying how can you miss it it's 10,000 sq Ft How can you miss it.. And he promptly dumped his tee shot into the water... LOL.. I actually prefer the This par 3 there.. love the whole course though..

photo_gallery_golf-course10.jpg

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

@Mtbryant01 That hole at Pursell Farms is very cool. The only thing I didn't like about it is I had no idea what club to pull (it ended up working out fine since I just punched a 9i in there). Very scenic though. Loved a lot of holes out there. Would play that course every day. Also, you played the tips? Isn't that like over 7400 yards? SHEESH!

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

5 minutes ago, vandyland said:

@Mtbryant01 That hole at Pursell Farms is very cool. The only thing I didn't like about it is I had no idea what club to pull (it ended up working out fine since I just punched a 9i in there). Very scenic though. Loved a lot of holes out there. Would play that course every day. Also, you played the tips? Isn't that like over 7400 yards? SHEESH!

Yeah, I typically play the Copperhead tees out there. Challenging, but still fun. 

If you want a real Tips challenge, go play Ross Bridge in Birmingham. Over 8,000 yards. Just hope you don't play on a windy day.

RH, Alabama

Oh, I have no interest in a tips challenge, hahaha. I played Ross Bridge one day where it was all you could play so we played 54 holes out there. The idea of playing that course from 8,000+ yards seems like a complete waste of time/money for anyone other than a +HDCP capable of carrying 300+ with driver. It was all I could handle from the Orange/White Combo tees which is like 6,500 yards (I think I only broke 80 on one of the 18s). We did see one group ahead playing from the tips and they were constantly in trouble off the tee...did not look fun. Especially holes 3-5 which goes like 470 (par 4), 230 (par 3) and another 460 (par 4), I'll leave that to the pros and the guys who aspire to be pros. 

I'll stick with the hole Jack said was his favorite hole, the 8th at PB.  When I played it I lipped out a par putt 😞  Such a beautiful hole, and 7, 9 or 10 are almost it's equal.  If I could pick another I would want to play, it would be the 16th at Cypress, the 13th at Augusta, or the Road Hole at the Old Course.  

Ping G400

Ping G410 3,5,7

JPX 921 Hotmetal

Vokey 54, 58M

Odyssey #1 black

The 17th at TPC Sawgrass. Played 110 yds, pin back left, PW, hit front wood timbers, ball bounced to 6', made the putt! Nothing to it. Played final week before closing course for the Player's Tournament.  Heading for Scottsdale next week, playing TPC Stadium and can't wait for the 16th!

P1000352.JPG

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

For me it would also be 17 at TPC Sawgrass - when a hole is what gets talked about for an entire week every year you know it's of interest.  I played it at 138, hit a beautiful 8 iron to 10 feet, 2 putt, par.

Mark me down as another one who wants to play 13 at Augusta. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Has to be this par 3 at Port Royal in Bermuda.... 

Port Royal Golf Course // Go To Bermuda

The water really is that color and it is definitely a scary shot. 

.... and who wouldn't want to take a bucket of balls to 16 at AGNC and try to 
1. skip some across the water
2. see how close you can get to a hole in 1

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

This is a tough one. Do I say #9 of the Fazio Foothills at Barton Creek resort where I got my second hole-in-one as favorite played?

3B4193D2-C0B1-4BA9-ABCF-CD365D971830.jpeg.db329b2386fbe3397327273bb5e999a0.jpeg

Or do I select the 18th hole at Valhalla?

4C5BAE40-7190-4F93-9E17-C5C80DD6E715.jpeg.cb465851be5cf90d477896f446061e61.jpeg

Maybe a hole at the exclusive Idle Hour CC in Lexington, KY?

2396064A-0CD3-4CFE-BA8E-C713851EA4A7.jpeg.acaedeb79e8c4478bfd05dbc1b727573.jpeg

Or Sandpiper on the ocean near Santa Barbara?

CF9E7B2A-08AD-47DE-A064-872DE2473BFE.jpeg.6f64b6c82f165ed2cabe94eaebe747bc.jpeg

What about a hole on the Nicklaus Tournament Course at PGA West?

594FCB0E-77E5-41D9-9371-8F58CD6957C8.jpeg.2ab0324e5e274eb6575d0493417f874a.jpeg

Or one at the Hideaway CC in Palm Springs?

4FAF842C-EF47-4DAC-ADD8-45F7EFFF5294.jpeg.26a929b53bded7cabad2db225f865c53.jpeg

Sheesh. I don’t know!!! Too many from which to choose!

So, here it is. The 15th hole at Old Beau Resort in Roaring Gap, NC. The course is at 3200 feet elevation, and the 15th is the hole where Old Beau is buried. It also is right on the edge of the mountain. One can’t help but look around and scoot right to that edge after the hole is finished. Still, to this day, Old Beau is one of my all-time favorite courses! I played it a year after it opened. Mountain golf at its best! 

774C835E-013A-4ECD-B251-CE7BEE3C2DE8.jpeg.b861edb4bc3dd24304f4bc5641056a31.jpeg

Hole to play? 18 at Diamond Creek in Banner Elk, NC. I’m hoping I’ll get to play the other 17 holes first..... Another UNREAL mountain course.

B99AE0B1-D75F-42D4-B3DE-6E058A89475C.jpeg.5a5b3eb607d02e04184eae0061529057.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

This is a tough one. Do I say #9 of the Fazio Foothills at Barton Creek resort where I got my second hole-in-one as favorite played?

3B4193D2-C0B1-4BA9-ABCF-CD365D971830.jpeg.db329b2386fbe3397327273bb5e999a0.jpeg

Or do I select the 18th hole at Valhalla?

4C5BAE40-7190-4F93-9E17-C5C80DD6E715.jpeg.cb465851be5cf90d477896f446061e61.jpeg

Maybe a hole at the exclusive Idle Hour CC in Lexington, KY?

2396064A-0CD3-4CFE-BA8E-C713851EA4A7.jpeg.acaedeb79e8c4478bfd05dbc1b727573.jpeg

Or Sandpiper on the ocean near Santa Barbara?

CF9E7B2A-08AD-47DE-A064-872DE2473BFE.jpeg.6f64b6c82f165ed2cabe94eaebe747bc.jpeg

What about a hole on the Nicklaus Tournament Course at PGA West?

594FCB0E-77E5-41D9-9371-8F58CD6957C8.jpeg.2ab0324e5e274eb6575d0493417f874a.jpeg

Or one at the Hideaway CC in Palm Springs?

4FAF842C-EF47-4DAC-ADD8-45F7EFFF5294.jpeg.26a929b53bded7cabad2db225f865c53.jpeg

Sheesh. I don’t know!!! Too many from which to choose!

So, here it is. The 15th hole at Old Beau Resort in Roaring Gap, NC. The course is at 3200 feet elevation, and the 15th is the hole where Old Beau is buried. It also is right on the edge of the mountain. One can’t help but look around and scoot right to that edge after the hole is finished. Still, to this day, Old Beau is one of my all-time favorite courses! I played it a year after it opened. Mountain golf at its best! 

774C835E-013A-4ECD-B251-CE7BEE3C2DE8.jpeg.b861edb4bc3dd24304f4bc5641056a31.jpeg

Hole to play? 18 at Diamond Creek in Banner Elk, NC. I’m hoping I’ll get to play the other 17 holes first..... Another UNREAL mountain course.

B99AE0B1-D75F-42D4-B3DE-6E058A89475C.jpeg.5a5b3eb607d02e04184eae0061529057.jpeg

It's Sandpiper because the women we played with. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

image.jpeg.3c320ae8bd2650e651fbf028b7949f51.jpeg

4th at Spyglass. There are 100 different ways to play this hole and the first time you play you are mind blown with the green slope and shape. One of the times I played it, my buddy and I played with an older couple. I made a great up and down for 4, he made birdie, the gentleman had a 1' for birdie and the woman made 2 from about 140. Hard to beat our combined foursome score.

image.jpeg.0cd5db8f83e52032119be8b122f01610.jpeg

13 or 16 at Augusta would be fun. But 16th at Cypress is just amazing!!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

A fun but frightening tiny hole at Royal Troon, the postage stamp.  Easy if you hit it straight, not so, if you don’t.  Huge deep bunkers await your off-target wedge.

And the weird psychologically impairing par 3 over a huge ravine on the sea at Cruit Island Golf Club Ireland. Maybe hole 6.  145 yds. Tee off and hope you hold your balance and don’t tumble into the ravine.  There are several fun holes on this odd nine holer.

And I love hole no. 1 at the Machrihanish Golf Club, Kintyre Peninsula, Scotland, using a full driver over the sea and beach.  Daring to cut it off for distance, pot bunkers lie ahead if you nail it.

Edited by msellergren
Accuracy