Favorite Golf Hole Ever Played, and One You Want to Play Badly

Favorite I ever played is the 16th at La Quinta Mountain course.  The view from the tee is incredible and birding the hole from the sand left of the hole didn't hurt:)

Image result for picture of 16th hole la quinta mountain course

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

3wood: Titleist 917F

5 wood: Titleist 917F

irons Taylormade M2 6-PW

hybrids Taylormade 4 and 5

wedges: Titleist SM8 50/54/58

putter: Scotty Cameron Newport slotback

14 hours ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Sleepy Hollow is on my bucket list!

Got lucky,  Got on through a friend of a friend. Such a great course

Driver: Cobra F6

3W: Titleist TSi3

5W: TM RocketBallz -(my favorite club)

Hybrids: Cleveland 2-4

Irons: Callaway Apex DCB 4-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMB 52 & 56

Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo Mallet 

YES on Pebble #8. No other better test of golf when its breezy or windy. #14 at Spanish Bay, for me, is one that puts a smile on my face. 

#8 is a test off the tee, and to the green when there's wind in play. The 1st shot seems benign from the tee box, until you get to your ball and then the "cheek squeezing" begins. 🙂 Club selection and being able to flight the ball are critical. 

I'd love to play any hole at Pine Valley. However, having played all the Pebble Beach courses, aside from Cypress, I feel fairly content. 

• Like 2

Reside in Roseville, California

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX-5, Haz Riptide X-stiff

3-Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 3wd Fuji Atmos X-Stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G400 2H 17 Deg, Stock Ping shaft X-stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX HMP 4-g, Proj X Lz 

Wedge: :titelist-small: SM7 54 deg, 10 bounce, & SM7 58 deg, 8 bounce, DG X100

Wedge: :wilson-small: FG PMP 62 deg, 07 bounce, KBS X-Stiff, 

Flat Stick: :taylormade-small: Spider X, copper 

Favorite I’ve played is easily #2 at the Country Club of Rochester. Downhill  slight L to R par 5. It’s 517 from the back so what makes this great is a postage stamp green surrounded by bunkers and Allen’s Creek. A newly added bunker doesn’t allow you to hug the right treeline. I love love love this hole. 

One that I want to play?  Has to be 1 at Bethpage Black. I’m a simple guy. I’d love a photo of the sign in the foreground and me on the box. 

16F7848C-0323-4CC9-8E5E-90C0C8E4724E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

There are 2 back to back and they are not the greatest holes or the most scenic, but I have a lot of history with them and they follow 2 holes I really never got on with. Holes 17 and 18 at the Chester Golf course in Nova Scotia. They are preceded by 15 a long double dog leg part 5 with a silly hill in the landing area, blind second shot and 3rd to a elevated and hard sloped green. 16 is a longer par 3 with run offs the front and back and two bunkers on either side. Just getting it on the short grass is hard. 

However after that you land on 17. A par 4 with elevated tee box going down towards the ocean. When I first started playing there it was always driver, as I got better it required more thinking and depending on the time of year it could be 5 iron because of how dry it would get.. The green is tucked behind a group of birch trees and depending on the player or time of year sometimes you can squeeze over or through. This also leads right back towards the ocean where you start your round. The green has some really fun pins and it is all OB on the right. It makes you think, plan and execute your shots in order to score well. Sadly the photo really doesn't do it justice. 
Screenshot_20210516_131103_com.arccosgolf.androidFlagship.jpg.49a54f73c1fdbaea76418b511ec05835.jpg

This has always been a favorite of mine. Then 18 comes. You tee off from sea level and for the longer hitters it can be driven, however us mortals get to pick how much we want to chew off. To the right is all ocean and marsh land (The background of my profile is of this hole). If you take your drive straight and long you are on the side of a hill with a really awkward stance. The green slops back to front making downhill putts super fast and tricky. Again not a particularly hard hole, but one that has a true decision off the tee and placement for your second shot. It is a great way to finish off the round. This also happens to be the course where I shout my best ever score of 72 (par 70) and went par birdie on these last two holes. 
Screenshot_20210516_131117_com.arccosgolf.androidFlagship.jpg.6288d39aeb8c5b89a468b4331d04f5e8.jpg

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

There are 2 back to back and they are not the greatest holes or the most scenic, but I have a lot of history with them and they follow 2 holes I really never got on with. Holes 17 and 18 at the Chester Golf course in Nova Scotia. They are preceded by 15 a long double dog leg part 5 with a silly hill in the landing area, blind second shot and 3rd to a elevated and hard sloped green. 16 is a longer par 3 with run offs the front and back and two bunkers on either side. Just getting it on the short grass is hard. 

However after that you land on 17. A par 4 with elevated tee box going down towards the ocean. When I first started playing there it was always driver, as I got better it required more thinking and depending on the time of year it could be 5 iron because of how dry it would get.. The green is tucked behind a group of birch trees and depending on the player or time of year sometimes you can squeeze over or through. This also leads right back towards the ocean where you start your round. The green has some really fun pins and it is all OB on the right. It makes you think, plan and execute your shots in order to score well. Sadly the photo really doesn't do it justice. 
Screenshot_20210516_131103_com.arccosgolf.androidFlagship.jpg.49a54f73c1fdbaea76418b511ec05835.jpg

This has always been a favorite of mine. Then 18 comes. You tee off from sea level and for the longer hitters it can be driven, however us mortals get to pick how much we want to chew off. To the right is all ocean and marsh land (The background of my profile is of this hole). If you take your drive straight and long you are on the side of a hill with a really awkward stance. The green slops back to front making downhill putts super fast and tricky. Again not a particularly hard hole, but one that has a true decision off the tee and placement for your second shot. It is a great way to finish off the round. This also happens to be the course where I shout my best ever score of 72 (par 70) and went par birdie on these last two holes. 
Screenshot_20210516_131117_com.arccosgolf.androidFlagship.jpg.6288d39aeb8c5b89a468b4331d04f5e8.jpg

Nova Scotia seems to have an awesome golf scene! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Nova Scotia seems to have an awesome golf scene! 

They really do. The best part is there is some for everyone. From the getaway at Canton and links at ben eoin (highly underrated), to Northumberland links and very private accessible fox harbor to local Halifax courses (brunello, Ashburn old and new, glen arbour, aspotogan, lost creek and more)

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-courses/north-america/canada/nova-scotia?page=1

It's a easy place to find a lot of good courses.

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

• 3 months later...

Definitely not my favorite, but a hole I NEED to play again. 3rd hole at the Pete Dye Challenge at Mission Hills Country Club. Played in a 2 day tournament in 2005 and was awarded a 13 on this hole. Needless to say, I didn't win a skin there nor was I in contention for anything...to top it off I had the pleasure of answering the dreaded "what happened there?" question. One day, I'll have my revenge. #stillabitbitter

image.png.8ceacadfcfee49371b9216b68aaaa8ef.png

image.png.519e3968fc737b527650128133ce55bd.png

• Like 1

Current as of 2021:

Titleist 913D2 9.5* Diamana 70S | Titleist 917F2 17* Diamana 60R | Mizuno MP-60 S300 (3-PW) | Vokey SM5 52* (playing 53*) and 58* | Odyssey Black Series Tour Design No. 5 | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Played Sawgrass (17th) & TPC Scottsdale (16th). Sawgrass was definitely superior. Would like to play Pebble.

• Like 1

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G400 Max Driver 10.5° w/Diamona S+ LTD Blue-Board 70 R Flex

Ping G410 5 Fairway Wood Mitsubishi Tensi Orange R Flex

Ping G410 4-5-6 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi Blue R Flex

Ping i500 Irons 5-U w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex (power-spec lofts)

Ping 3.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex

2019 Bettinardi QB6 and 2021 Ping Fetch Putter (depends on the greens)

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Superstroke Cross Comfort Mid-Size Grips