Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

WANTED: a push cart that holds a bag 90 degrees

StrokerAce

Every push cart I've had has the bag laying down at a 45 degree angle. 
While that may be good for getting stuff out of the pockets it makes pulling clubs out a real pain.

Does anyone know of a push cart or pull cart that will hold a bag as close to a 90 degree angle as possible?
Maybe someone has created a lifehack to make it happen?

41lsgskSx5L._AC_.jpg

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I found this one...

http://www.intheholegolf.com/store/urcpc.html

Upright Caddy Golf Push Cart 

Here's their description:

Introducing the patented, revolutionary Upright Caddy 4 wheel golf push cart. The only golf cart on the market that carries your bag and clubs like a caddy would, upright. Ever see a caddy hold the bag backwards to select a club? Tired of struggling to identify, retrieve, and return your clubs to the bag? Tired of ruining your grips? This is the next generation in golf carts!

OR:

It looks like Clicgear has an attachment which would probably be the higher quality option:

https://www.clicgearusa.com/products/clicgear-tour-bag-kit

Description

Designed to Fit Perfectly on our Clicgear Model 1.0 ~ 4.0 Carts.

The Clicgear Tour Bag Kit accommodates TOUR style golf bags for your cart.
Keeps clubs in a vertical position for easy removal and replacement.

Outside of that I've been enjoying the PING Traverse / CaddyTec combo so far.  I think having a bag with good dividers goes a long way to providing a good user experience.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Yeah; that looks good... wish I had a clicgear but I have a CaddyTek and they don't use the same connection for the bag strap.

this would be just right I think:
image.png.0e6ca8f4424003d6bcb179af37fa0cc1.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

5 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I found this one...

http://www.intheholegolf.com/store/urcpc.html

Here's their description:

Introducing the patented, revolutionary Upright Caddy 4 wheel golf push cart. The only golf cart on the market that carries your bag and clubs like a caddy would, upright. Ever see a caddy hold the bag backwards to select a club? Tired of struggling to identify, retrieve, and return your clubs to the bag? Tired of ruining your grips? This is the next generation in golf carts!

OR:

It looks like Clicgear has an attachment which would probably be the higher quality option:

https://www.clicgearusa.com/products/clicgear-tour-bag-kit

Description

Designed to Fit Perfectly on our Clicgear Model 1.0 ~ 4.0 Carts.

The Clicgear Tour Bag Kit accommodates TOUR style golf bags for your cart.
Keeps clubs in a vertical position for easy removal and replacement.

Outside of that I've been enjoying the PING Traverse / CaddyTec combo so far.  I think having a bag with good dividers goes a long way to providing a good user experience.  

of course this doesn’t fit the 8.0

i love my bag, and i love my cart...but when combined, im constantly fighting my long clubs for access to the mesh net 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

5 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Every push cart I've had has the bag laying down at a 45 degree angle. 
While that may be good for getting stuff out of the pockets it makes pulling clubs out a real pain.

Does anyone know of a push cart or pull cart that will hold a bag as close to a 90 degree angle as possible?
Maybe someone has created a lifehack to make it happen?

41lsgskSx5L._AC_.jpg

Thats a great question, I always hated the fight to get my longer clubs in and out of the bag when it was on my Clic gear, the added pressure from the weight of the bag laying at that angle makes getting drivers and fairway wood out of the bag a pain.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

of course this doesn’t fit the 8.0

i love my bag, and i love my cart...but when combined, im constantly fighting my long clubs for access to the mesh net 

I know that becomes an issue for A LOT of people.  Have you tried moving your clubs around for push cart rounds vs riding cart rounds?  

I set my clubs up with the wedges towards the net area of mine like this if I know I'm going to be pushing, and it keeps things pretty well separated.  Not sure what bag you have, but it might be worth a try to see if it keeps them out of the way for you.

Capture.JPG.979ba38050918005d6dc7b2257272c00.JPG

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

I know that becomes an issue for A LOT of people.  Have you tried moving your clubs around for push cart rounds vs riding cart rounds?  

I set my clubs up with the wedges towards the net area of mine like this if I know I'm going to be pushing, and it keeps things pretty well separated.  Not sure what bag you have, but it might be worth a try to see if it keeps them out of the way for you.

I thought of that, but it just becomes a pain in the butt to rearrange them plus then I have a harder time finding which wedge I want because it's buried under all of the longer clubs.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

i haven’t...and truly only because i’m stubborn and a little OCD when it comes to how my clubs are organized in my bag. 

seems like your setup keeps your woods safer from chatter also...that’s a nice bonus 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 minute ago, TBT said:

I thought of that, but it just becomes a pain in the butt to rearrange them plus then I have a harder time finding which wedge I want because it's buried under all of the longer clubs.

I get that.  As a long time stand bag user I'm sort of used to fishing for the right wedge so that part isn't an issue for me.  Still, having the bag a little more upright doesn't sound like a bad idea.

This is definitely a good idea and would really catch on as long as it's stable.

8* SIM2 Custom / PX RDX Smoke Black 6.0 46.5"

15* SIM Ti / Velocore 7s

19* SIM Max Hy / GOST 39.5"

4,5 Srixon ZX5  6-P Srixon ZX7  ProjectX LZ 120 6.0

50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, Stability Tour shaft and SuperStroke

JumboMax Ultralight Small on Driver, Golf Pride Tour Velvet (irons and MCC (woods) Mid on all others.

TP5X Pix  and -ProV1

I love the clicgear attachment. I'm getting one. I've reversed my clubs for a long time. I once lost a wood shaft after an iron ticked it. So I made the change. Still I fight with grips sticking when replacing  a club. I've tried tubes.  They're hard on graphite shafts though. I was about to give up on ever finding a solution. 

In 2011, I discovered a company called "Upright Caddie" that sold the 3-wheel version at the top of this post.  I bought one and loved it.  It's downfall was it was pretty heavy.  But, a new 4-wheel version came out a few years later - it had some design issues, that the company quickly addressed.  That, coupled with the lifetime warranty (on everything except wheels and grips) made for a fantastic deal.  It was pretty stable and I loved having my clubs straight up and down, just like on a riding cart.

The company was created and ran by a guy in Arizona, named Andy De Carlo.  Sadly, he decided to retire and sold his business to "Clever Caddy", at least the dream lived on and the product survived.  They sold their carts via their website and drop shipped them from places like RockBottomGolf.com and Amazon.  Sadly, the brand went out of business just before the COVID-era made carts so popular.  I found out about it a few months too late.  When I moved, my wife mistakenly threw away the wheels for the 3-wheel version and the entire 4-wheel version.  I took apart the 4-wheel version when I was packing, she thought it was broken (as the wheels were off) and threw it away also.  Crushed....

I've searched in vain all over the internet, including contacting the original manufacturer in China.  No luck - I saw one pop-up on eBay, but it sold almost immediately.  I still have one of the 4-wheel version, but the wheels are pretty worn, the basket was broken by a friend hitting it with a shanked shot.

I'm baffled why some of the bigger manufacturers don't make something similar.  The design was fantastic and easy to get clubs in/out, just like a golf cart.  I am currently using the ClicGear 3.5+ with the Bag Extension.  It's better than most, but I'd trade it in for a Upright/Clever Caddy cart in a minute.   Until then, one can only dream....

-- Peejer

clever caddie.jpg

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

I have a BagBoy Quad XL....I chose it because it does keep the bag a little more upright than many of the others, not 90* mind you, but works for me

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS