TESTERS WANTED! ×

who makes the best feeling clubs on the market today?

Noonan

22 members have voted

1. 1. Taking into consideration the ENTIRE product lineup, who makes the best feeling golf clubs??

Some votes but no comments, so I'll get the ball rolling:

If we're doing the entire line, I disqualify Mizuno because of their woods which I don't care for. If it was just irons, they'd probably win.

As it is, I voted for PING. This is with me thinking about the Anser irons, wedges, putters, and any of their metal woods.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Given the recent reviews, Miura should be on the list, however I haven't hit them and many others probably haven't either.

I voted Mizuno because imo if FEEL is the question, Mizuno's irons across the board feel the best, and irons is where feel matters the most.

If the question were what is my favorite lineup across the board, the answer would be Adams by a decent margin.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

If you're asking about irons and wedges it's Miura and Mizuno. Stop the discussion right there. If you prefer a slightly crisp feeling it's Miura, for the softest feel, it's Mizuno. If you're asking about the entire lineup from Woods to wedges then it gets a bit complicated.

Adams - Should be at or near the top of this list. Great feeling irons. Woods are excellent as well. Wedges...umm...not so much.

Bridgestone - A bit of a sleeper for sure, but I've hit the J40 wedges, Driver, and Fairway wood. They're all excellent. Perhaps none is the best in class, but across the entire lineup; try them and you will be surprised.

Callaway - You could make an argument that the RAZR series woods are among the very best (actually...I will say that the RAZR Hawk was the best feeling driver we've tested this season). Wedges feel great too. Never hit the RAZR irons, but previous generations weren't the best where feel is concerned.

Cleveland - Ordinary in every way.

Cobra - Awaiting shipment of our Trusty Rusty set for testing, but Cobra absolutely has to be considered here. Their woods (save the occasional miss) feel as good or better than anybody's. Their forged irons (S2 Forged, and S3 Pro, S2 CBs) are all outstanding.

Mizuno - Irons and wedges are outstanding, but as Matt said, their woods leave something to be desired.

Nike - Improving, but probably not a real contender yet.

PING - Woods feel pretty good, but forged irons and wedges represent such a small part of their lineup, it's hard to make a case for them on a broader level.

Srixon - Cleveland's better half, (and that influence is working its way into the Cleveland lineup), but they're still only average.

TaylorMade - Where feel is concerned woods have taken a step backwards over the last couple of years (though probably still among the best). Wedges have never been great, and they probably haven't produced a great feeling iron since Miura did their forgings.

Titleist - Great feeling woods, hybrids, irons, and wedges. When looking at the totality of a lineup, Titleist IMO offers the best feel from top to bottom.

One name you left off your list was Wilson. While like Mizuno, it's hard to make an argument for the entire lineup, the FG Forged is an outstanding iron, and we expect we'll feel the same about the V2.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Well I voted Mizuno because I was thinking irons. You did not include Scratch in your polls but their irons hit good too. As far as metal woods I think Titleist hits good. Hybrids I have no opinion on because I cant hit them no matter who makes them

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 4 weeks later...

While the Callaway TA Prototype and X-Forged Series kicked the Titleist out of my bag and off to eBay, and the Jaws wedges just banished my Vokey's to the garage, and the Razr line feels great, looking at the entire line up, Callaway is not the winner. Same with most other manufacturer's. I never hit any Ben Hogan club that was not great, but sadly, Callaway killed them. So the only club manufacturer who feels good across the "ENTIRE" line up is Titleist. Even their AP1 feel great. Not to mention all of their woods and hybrids are great feeling. Maybe not the longest, or most forgiving but feel good.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I voted for Ping since that is all I've owned (12 years) but if there was a slot for Miura that would be my new vote as they are the new tools.

I would have been right there with you, but made the switch to Mizuno MP60s two years ago and they are the best feeling iron that I have every played.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I voted Callaway because their wedges feel great, putters (odyssey) has a little bit of everything, forged irons if you want them and the new razr xf irons feel like a soft burner 2.0 (canon off the clubface). I do like the woods better then most b/c they feel soft almost muted, hybrids are a little suspect. I almost picked Adams but their putters are crap and I've never hit the wedges. Also almost picked Mizuno, but their woods have been atrocious since the pro 300s. Can't stand Titleist/TaylorMade woods just feel hard at impact to me.

Since the poll was for entire line of clubs, I voted for Nike. The entire Vr line and the Method putters are fantastic. The new Vr's coming include the VrS Forged and new line of VrS woods. The Nike line up for 2012 is top notch.

Vapor Flex 11.5* Neutral w/Diamana Blue 60

Vapor Flex 17* Neutral w/Diamana Blue 70

Vapor Flex 21* w/Diamana Neutral Blue 70

Vapor Flex 23* Neutral w/Diamana Blue 80

Vapor Pro Combo 4-6 DG Pro

Vapor Pro 7-PW DG Pro

Vr Forged 52*, 56*, 60*w/DG Spinner

Method #1

RZN-Black

Vapor Staff Bag

If you're asking about irons and wedges it's Miura and Mizuno. Stop the discussion right there. If you prefer a slightly crisp feeling it's Miura, for the softest feel, it's Mizuno. If you're asking about the entire lineup from Woods to wedges then it gets a bit complicated.

Adams - Should be at or near the top of this list. Great feeling irons. Woods are excellent as well. Wedges...umm...not so much.

Bridgestone - A bit of a sleeper for sure, but I've hit the J40 wedges, Driver, and Fairway wood. They're all excellent. Perhaps none is the best in class, but across the entire lineup; try them and you will be surprised.

Callaway - You could make an argument that the RAZR series woods are among the very best (actually...I will say that the RAZR Hawk was the best feeling driver we've tested this season). Wedges feel great too. Never hit the RAZR irons, but previous generations weren't the best where feel is concerned.

Cleveland - Ordinary in every way.

Cobra - Awaiting shipment of our Trusty Rusty set for testing, but Cobra absolutely has to be considered here. Their woods (save the occasional miss) feel as good or better than anybody's. Their forged irons (S2 Forged, and S3 Pro, S2 CBs) are all outstanding.

Mizuno - Irons and wedges are outstanding, but as Matt said, their woods leave something to be desired.

Nike - Improving, but probably not a real contender yet.

PING - Woods feel pretty good, but forged irons and wedges represent such a small part of their lineup, it's hard to make a case for them on a broader level.

Srixon - Cleveland's better half, (and that influence is working its way into the Cleveland lineup), but they're still only average.

TaylorMade - Where feel is concerned woods have taken a step backwards over the last couple of years (though probably still among the best). Wedges have never been great, and they probably haven't produced a great feeling iron since Miura did their forgings.

Titleist - Great feeling woods, hybrids, irons, and wedges. When looking at the totality of a lineup, Titleist IMO offers the best feel from top to bottom.

One name you left off your list was Wilson. While like Mizuno, it's hard to make an argument for the entire lineup, the FG Forged is an outstanding iron, and we expect we'll feel the same about the V2.

but ping does make the great feeling irons that are not forged, the s56 and s57 are outstanding, even though i play the mp-58s my self, but i feel like that i get more feed back from the pings, and i am not a fan of the anser forged.

Archived