Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

103rd PGA Championship

fixyurdivot

Well I am happy that Phil won today. But kinda sad to. So I attend the Regions Tradition (Champions Tour Event) each year and wanted to see him at that event. But it might be awhile now since he proved to himself and now knows he can win on regular tour ...... 😀 Anyway, awesome win for him and also good for game of golf IMO what we witnessed today. 

2 minutes ago, LICC said:

A 43 year-old back fused Tiger beat all the top players of today at the Masters, and now a 50-year old Phil beat all the top players of today at the PGA. That shows today’s top players aren’t superior to the talent Phil and Tiger played against in their primes if they can beat these guys even well past their primes. 

Proof by exception, one of your usual MO’s. Take a look at rankings…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 minute ago, Middler said:

I was sure Phil wouldn’t win again on the regular tour, much less a major, but good for him. Another bullet for his resume, oldest major winner. I saw an interview with Bones, and he thought Phil’s ability to flight the ball in all the wind, was an advantage he had over other players. I know Phil has worked very hard on his fitness and golf, and despite no decent finishes his season so far, he sure put it all together for four days at just the right time. All good.

Yeah it’s crazy that he hadn’t a decent finish on the regular tour this year, then to put it all together in probably the toughest test of golf that they will face all year is just amazing.

After the stumble to start the back 9 yesterday, I thought “ there it is, he’s going to start spraying drives all over” but he slowed himself down and fought through it..and the first 4-5 holes today were a true roller coaster but again he got it together in the middle portion while everyone around him crumbled.

It’s a true testament to just how mentally strong he is.

to watch him come up 18 with the crowd surrounding him, I’ll admit that it got a “little dusty” in my living room.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

14 minutes ago, LICC said:

A 43 year-old back fused Tiger beat all the top players of today at the Masters, and now a 50-year old Phil beat all the top players of today at the PGA. That shows today’s top players aren’t superior to the talent Phil and Tiger played against in their primes if they can beat these guys even well past their primes. 

It’s great he won, Phil will always be a legend but come on he has been playing rough past few months....Tiger is a different breed. Golf is about consistency not a single win this week. All your hammering of Phil all week and now he’s the best thing since sliced bread 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

All I have to say is OLD GUYS RULE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the source image

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Loved watching Phil win!!  A very good driving tournament for Phil.  For me this was the most entertaining PGA Championship in recent memory.  Now Phil has 5 years worth of US Open chances to win the slam, and next month he is playing it at home the day after he turns 51.  What could be better?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, revkev said:

How so?  

You had to ask 😔

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just another example of how year in and year out the PGA Championship proves to be the most or one of the most exciting Majors of the year.  

5 hours ago, LICC said:

Phil’s done. Took just one hole. Oh well, he gave it a great run for three rounds. 

Phil Mickelson Trophy.png

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Phil Mickelson Trophy.png

You forgot this one085ACD09-B8F8-4CC9-88A7-C66F132215F6.png.a8e08ac28196339d3194f720ce7b52d3.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You had to ask 😔

Yep - if he wants to keep the thread moving, so can I. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

50 minutes ago, LICC said:

I see - so the fact that Phil, a hall of fame, perhaps top 10 all tins player had worked like a fog to get himself into the best shape of his life proves your argument? 

im not with you here 

Lije the desire to change the OB rule - this own, not so much. 

Modern players are clearly in better shape than their predecessors - the bigger question IMO is, does it matter? It does in your 60’s and 70’s. Does it in your 30’s in mist sports - 40’s and 50’s in others?

Thag would be an I retesting real study - not from isolated results of two all time greats but across the board. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’ll leave this here. Will update my experience (it was incredible) in my thread at some point in the next couple days. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

49 minutes ago, revkev said:

I see - so the fact that Phil, a hall of fame, perhaps top 10 all tins player had worked like a fog to get himself into the best shape of his life proves your argument? 

im not with you here 

Lije the desire to change the OB rule - this own, not so much. 

Modern players are clearly in better shape than their predecessors - the bigger question IMO is, does it matter? It does in your 60’s and 70’s. Does it in your 30’s in mist sports - 40’s and 50’s in others?

Thag would be an I retesting real study - not from isolated results of two all time greats but across the board. 

There may be more players in better shape today, but they aren’t as a whole more talented, skilled or athletic than players from the 1990s. Today’s result shows that. 

15 minutes ago, LICC said:

There may be more players in better shape today, but they aren’t as a whole more talented, skilled or athletic than players from the 1990s. Today’s result shows that. 

No, what today’s results show is that one of the greatest golfers of all time still has the ability to push himself and for a brief amount of time elevate his game to the point that it was when he was in his prime.

It says nothing about the rest of today’s players...absolutely nothing!

This week was about 1 man, Phil Mickelson, showing that he could turn back the clock and play at the level he did 20 years ago, which by the way is a level that made him one of the top 10, maybe even top 5 players of all time.

10 minutes ago, TBT said:

No, what today’s results show is that one of the greatest golfers of all time still has the ability to push himself and for a brief amount of time elevate his game to the point that it was when he was in his prime.

It says nothing about the rest of today’s players...absolutely nothing!

This week was about 1 man, Phil Mickelson, showing that he could turn back the clock and play at the level he did 20 years ago, which by the way is a level that made him one of the top 10, maybe even top 5 players of all time.

Of course it informs us about today’s players- they are the ones competing against him. 

11 minutes ago, LICC said:

Of course it informs us about today’s players- they are the ones competing against him. 

You totally ignore the fact that he is one of the 10 best players EVER! In Phil’s prime if he has his “A” game not many of today’s players are in his league...it say much more about Phil keeping himself physically and mentally capable of playing at that level.

If it was just about today’s players being not better than the average player from the 90’s then we would see more guys from the Champions Tour winning on the regular tour.

You are using Tiger and Phil to try to make a point but you aren’t accounting for the fact that they are in a league of their own....you can’t compare average tour players against 2 of the greatest of all time. No more than you could say the the average players in 1986 were no better physical shape than Jack when he won the 86 Masters. Again that was the Greatest off all time turning back the clock for a brief time to win a major.

This is awesome! Apparently Phil’s Mom was doing “Mom things” and nervously texting Phil’s sister during the final round. So perfect!!!

B6737B31-28E9-4822-9649-28C888B4325A.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

5 minutes ago, PMookie said:

This is awesome! Apparently Phil’s Mom was doing “Mom things” and nervously texting Phil’s sister during the final round. So perfect!!!

B6737B31-28E9-4822-9649-28C888B4325A.jpeg

don’t hit bombs or activate calves 😂😂😂😂

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

pretty impressive that he won on the longest course in championship history using a soft golf ball.

so, is soft really slow? 🤔

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Soooooooooooooo happy Phil won! 💣

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

the average age of all of the winners in the 2020/21 season is 33.34, and the average age of the top 50 OWGR is even younger, at 31.54.

the young talent on tour wins out.  young players are better, more athletic, and there are far more of them now than there ever were before.

phil winning this week was a complete anomaly.  it shouldn't have happened.  the oldest (regular) competitor on tour won on the longest track in major history.  

that speaks only to phil's immense all-time talent, his willingness to consistently reinvent his game, and his ability to perform under pressure.  there's no reason at all to take that away from phil by trying to diminish how good the younger, more athletic players on tour are.  if anything, the tour being as young and as deep as it is only serves to make phil's win even more incredible.

@LICCi've waffled on my opinion of you since you've started posting, but now i have to officially consider you a troll.  i think you'd argue with yourself just to listen to your own self-aggrandizing opinions (and we've actually seen that in the screen shots posted in this thread where you called for Phil's meltdown and then praised his win, only then to cheapen it by saying the talent on tour isn't all that good).  

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

5 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

the average age of all of the winners in the 2020/21 season is 33.34, and the average age of the top 50 OWGR is even younger, at 31.54.

the young talent on tour wins out.  young players are better, more athletic, and there are far more of them now than there ever were before.

phil winning this week was a complete anomaly.  it shouldn't have happened.  the oldest (regular) competitor on tour won on the longest track in major history.  

that speaks only to phil's immense all-time talent, his willingness to consistently reinvent his game, and his ability to perform under pressure.  there's no reason at all to take that away from phil by trying to diminish how good the younger, more athletic players on tour are.  if anything, the tour being as young and as deep as it is only serves to make phil's win even more incredible.

@LICCi've waffled on my opinion of you since you've started posting, but now i have to officially consider you a troll.  i think you'd argue with yourself just to listen to your own self-aggrandizing opinions (and we've actually seen that in the screen shots posted in this thread where you called for Phil's meltdown and then praised his win, only then to cheapen it by saying the talent on tour isn't all that good).  

I couldn't decide whether to Love or Laugh at this post as it was so spot on,   also if we had a golf clap emoji option it would be perfect.   Hmh?  Maybe I know a moderator that can look into that.    Instead I'll just add it here!  👏