TESTERS WANTED! ×

103rd PGA Championship

fixyurdivot

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Just another example of how year in and year out the PGA Championship proves to be the most or one of the most exciting Majors of the year.  

And yet some people want to remove it as a major 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

41 minutes ago, LICC said:

Oh my goodness you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Yea all star game or pew warm up has some handles. And there are examples of him handling going into the post and slamming the rock in everyone’s face but at his core Shaq was a multi time defensive all star and rebounder. He could also post anyone up in the paint and slam it over the top. He was the last of the true big man. Let me go find all the videos that prove my case and post them SMH

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

And yet some people want to remove it as a major 

Let’s see. This year, outstanding. Last year, good tournament, not any more compelling than the other majors. 2019- good tournament, obviously the Masters blew everything away. 2018, Bellerive, Tiger made it interesting but no more so than Carnoustie. 2017, Quail Hollow, ho hum. 2016, Jimmy Walker at Baltusrol. Pretty good but no Mickelson Stenson duel like at the Open. 2015, Jason Day blowout, overshadowed by Spieth at the Masters and US Open. 2014 was great. 2013 it didn’t compare to Phil and Rose at the Opens. Can just keep going like this. 

Edited by LICC

These discussions and their eventual ending reminds me of the flight of the oozlum bird.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On course security for the players needs to be better addressed. Didn't learn much from Tiger's mobbing a few years ago.

Phones(cameras) should be banned except in award/interview/meet and greet areas.

Cut off the alcohol sales two hours before the end ($16 for a beer???).

Congrats to Phil, Padraig Harrington, Stricker, Cink, Hoffman, Rose, Matt Jones, Poulter, Stenson, and Westwood. Quite a feat for the age 40+ geezers soaking up a good portion of the leaderboard. 

Steve Smith

Did anyone else cringe a little when they saw the crowds on 18 and how it looked? I know people are excited and want to get close to the greats and be a part of a historic moment, but I am surprised at how they had to force their way through to the green and how it looked a little out of hand. 
Again I know emotions run high and people are just ecstatic to be part of it, but golf being the sport that it is where thousands of people can basically all hold their breath and not make a sound while someone tees off or hits a putt this was a stark contrast to that. To me it seemed a little ungolflike if that is even a word. 
That and I would love to get this thread back on the actual topic and not the side road its been on for the last few pages....

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Did anyone else cringe a little when they saw the crowds on 18 and how it looked? I know people are excited and want to get close to the greats and be a part of a historic moment, but I am surprised at how they had to force their way through to the green and how it looked a little out of hand. 
Again I know emotions run high and people are just ecstatic to be part of it, but golf being the sport that it is where thousands of people can basically all hold their breath and not make a sound while someone tees off or hits a putt this was a stark contrast to that. To me it seemed a little ungolflike if that is even a word. 
That and I would love to get this thread back on the actual topic and not the side road its been on for the last few pages....

Yeah, that was really strange. Don't they usually hold the crowd back with ropes? I'm a little confused how they thought ~15 police officers and event volunteers were going to hold back thousands of people with just their bare arms.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I think it’s tough to allow crowds like that and then expect it to not get intense. Difficult to corral I’m guessing a majority of those people are not too concerned about the repercussions. 
I for one loved seeing the crowd and personally would have beeen one Probably all in the moment 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

35 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I think it’s tough to allow crowds like that and then expect it to not get intense. Difficult to corral I’m guessing a majority of those people are not too concerned about the repercussions. 
I for one loved seeing the crowd and personally would have beeen one Probably all in the moment 

I don't blame those at all for getting excited in the moment and following along with what everyone else is doing. Easy to get caught up in it all and just simply be excited. 
I did just see the PGA came out and apologized to the players and others for it getting out of hand and so on. In the moment again I don't blame anyone and it is not as though they were really doing anything wrong, more just surprised to see it as I can't recall ever seeing the green being blocked off from a player being able to access it before! haha
It was great to see crowds back and the excitement for everyone, hopefully for future events people are a bit more restrained and we can still see those iconic moments with massive crowds following along with the epic journeys some of these players are going through. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

9 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I don't blame those at all for getting excited in the moment and following along with what everyone else is doing. Easy to get caught up in it all and just simply be excited. 
I did just see the PGA came out and apologized to the players and others for it getting out of hand and so on. In the moment again I don't blame anyone and it is not as though they were really doing anything wrong, more just surprised to see it as I can't recall ever seeing the green being blocked off from a player being able to access it before! haha
It was great to see crowds back and the excitement for everyone, hopefully for future events people are a bit more restrained and we can still see those iconic moments with massive crowds following along with the epic journeys some of these players are going through. 

I’ve been seeing videos on my IG feed of moments way back when the fans rush the green after the final putt is made. So funny to see. Really was nice to just see a crowd but they definitely could have instituted a better expectation knowing that crowd was going to be there in the end

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

21 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

the average age of all of the winners in the 2020/21 season is 33.34, and the average age of the top 50 OWGR is even younger, at 31.54.

the young talent on tour wins out.  young players are better, more athletic, and there are far more of them now than there ever were before.

phil winning this week was a complete anomaly.  it shouldn't have happened.  the oldest (regular) competitor on tour won on the longest track in major history.  

that speaks only to phil's immense all-time talent, his willingness to consistently reinvent his game, and his ability to perform under pressure.  there's no reason at all to take that away from phil by trying to diminish how good the younger, more athletic players on tour are.  if anything, the tour being as young and as deep as it is only serves to make phil's win even more incredible.

@LICCi've waffled on my opinion of you since you've started posting, but now i have to officially consider you a troll.  i think you'd argue with yourself just to listen to your own self-aggrandizing opinions (and we've actually seen that in the screen shots posted in this thread where you called for Phil's meltdown and then praised his win, only then to cheapen it by saying the talent on tour isn't all that good).  

You know those videos where they drop-in the sunglasses on the person, then play some rap music as well, like the person just “owned” someone, or was a straight-up boss/gangsta? Well, that would be quite appropriate here! Good form!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Yeah, that was really strange. Don't they usually hold the crowd back with ropes? I'm a little confused how they thought ~15 police officers and event volunteers were going to hold back thousands of people with just their bare arms.

Yes, that's how they normally control the crowds when they allow them to backfill the fairway and follow the last group in. I think the event staff just did not execute the plan well... presuming they in fact planned for that?

12 minutes ago, PMookie said:

You know those videos where they drop-in the sunglasses on the person, then play some rap music as well, like the person just “owned” someone, or was a straight-up boss/gangsta? Well, that would be quite appropriate here! Good form!

image.gif.0bef557382007ea90b3d7f99ff90cc0c.gif

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

23 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’m glad you two are happy with your delusions ...

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

These discussions and their eventual ending reminds me of the flight of the oozlum bird.

1) Again, don’t feed the troll…

2) Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 5/23/2021 at 8:09 PM, Middler said:

Proof by exception, one of your usual MO’s. Take a look at rankings…

On 5/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, LICC said:

Proof by performance. Your assertion has zero proof. 

Before the PGA Phil's FedEx ranking was 168, now it’s 45. Hardly proof that old guys are competitive with young guys after 1 win in a season with no other result even close. Pile on some more wins and then you may have a case - proof by exception.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Okay I'll try again to bring it back around... did anyone else see that there was a section of holes going into the final round that play over 1000!! over par? I really liked the setup this week for the PGA, it wasn't US Open tough and I agreed with what the NLU boys said where it was finding its identity and being able to differentiate itself a little bit from the other Majors. It was also great to see 3 days of different winds to challenge the players. I for one would have been terrified of 17 as I am a lefty and draw the ball so that water is just terrifying, but was nice to see a good challenging course that offered a unique skill set to get around the course with a decent score. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

15 minutes ago, Middler said:

Before the PGA Phil's FedEx ranking was 168, now it’s 45. Hardly proof that old guys are competitive with young guys after 1 win in a season with no other result even close. Pile on some more wins and then you may have a case - proof by exception.

In 2018, at 48 years old, he was ranked in the OWGR in the top 20 to top 25 all year. At 50 he beats all the current young guys in a major. Proof by performance. If he was playing currently at age 30-35 against all these same guys today, he would win just as much now as he did then. You can try to be a denier all you want by saying this is some freak exception, but you are just grasping at straws. Phil and Tiger well beyond their primes are still winning the biggest tournaments against today's fields. 

Edited by LICC

4 minutes ago, LICC said:

In 2018, at 48 years old, he was ranked in the OWGR in the top 20 to top 25 all year. At 50 he beats all the current young guys in a major. Proof by performance. If he was playing currently at age 30-35 against all these same guys today, he would win just as much now as he did then. You can try to be a denier all you want by saying this is some freak exception, but you are just grasping at straws. Phil and Tiger well beyond their primes are still winning the biggest tournaments against today's fields. 

There's no real way to prove your statement, especially since it took Phil so long to win a Major and he is currently in a lot better physical shape than he was back then. 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

35 minutes ago, LICC said:

And you can continue to use selective facts and conveniently flip flop on your (Phil) support - but using Tiger, arguably the GOAT in his prime years, and Phil, one of the greatest ever to make the case that older players in general are still competitive now based on their very sporadic wins is nonsense. If Phil sustains this and goes on a tear it may show that with a foundation of well above average skills (in his prime), it can be done later in a career with an above and beyond effort - as he’s noted himself. As impressive as Phil’s PGA win is, it follows a season where he wasn’t in the top 20 in any tournament and lots of missed cuts until Kiawah. That is a “freak exception” by definition. Phil and definitely Tiger were exceptions to begin with before age caught up with them.

What may be most interesting about Phil’s win, that no one here seems to be discussing, is him stating that the recent difference for him has been his improved focus - staying committed to each shot, not his pure ballstriking ability. That may be the central point for late in a career…

25D895F0-4030-42A7-8FA3-909EA2A0EE2B.jpeg

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

15 minutes ago, Middler said:

And you can continue to use selective facts and conveniently flip flop on your (Phil) support - but using Tiger, arguably the GOAT in his prime years, and Phil, one of the greatest ever to make the case that older players in general are still competitive now based on their very sporadic wins is nonsense. If Phil sustains this and goes on a tear it may show that with well proven skills in his prime, it can be done later in a career with an above and beyond effort - as he’s noted himself. As impressive as Phil’s PGA win is, it follows a season where he wasn’t in the top 20 in any tournament and lots of missed cuts until Kiawah. That is a “freak exception” by definition. Phil and definitely Tiger we’re exceptions to begin with before age caught up with them.

25D895F0-4030-42A7-8FA3-909EA2A0EE2B.jpeg

You are missing the point. I'm not saying older players can be as good as they were or win as much as they did when they were younger. I am saying that the talent level on the Tour now is at the same level, and not superior, to the talent level back when Phil and Tiger were younger and in their prime. Young Tiger and Young Phil would win just as much now as they did then. The fact that at their ages and, with Tiger, his diminished back, they can still beat today's players in majors is compelling proof of the assertion.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, that's how they normally control the crowds when they allow them to backfill the fairway and follow the last group in. I think the event staff just did not execute the plan well... presuming they in fact planned for that?

Thats what I was curious about, was it just poor execution and explanation to personnel or was it truly lack of planning? Coming from a planning background I can understand poor execution but lack of planning isnt excusable.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

25 minutes ago, LICC said:

You are missing the point. I'm not saying older players can be as good as they were or win as much as they did when they were younger. I am saying that the talent level on the Tour now is at the same level, and not superior, to the talent level back when Phil and Tiger were younger and in their prime. Young Tiger and Young Phil would win just as much now as they did then. The fact that at their ages and, with Tiger, his diminished back, they can still beat today's players in majors is compelling proof of the assertion.

Missing the point? Using sporadic wins by two of the greatest players of all time from the last generation late in their careers doesn’t “prove” your case. We get your “assertion” but the “proof” is still missing.

The argument that prior greats are comparable to today’s, in any sport, is timeless and unprovable - but it doesn’t stop people from having the debate with no possible conclusion. So knock yourself out…

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

I think as a fan of golf most people would have enough respect for the players to hold back from swarming the greens until both players and caddies have arrived and then swarm the green.

I did really enjoy the event and the enthusiasm of the crowd but do we as fans have to be policed?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

49 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

I think as a fan of golf most people would have enough respect for the players to hold back from swarming the greens until both players and caddies have arrived and then swarm the green.

I did really enjoy the event and the enthusiasm of the crowd but do we as fans have to be policed?

Obviously “we” do even if some in the crowd would respect the players and hold back. We may have seen a change in crowd performance? When Tiger won at Eastlake a few years ago the crowd swarmed on #72 but they seemed to let Tiger, Rory and caddies stay in front of them up to the green, and I doubt security could have ensured that themselves. Not so at Kiawah.

Sadly the drunken “baba-bogey” mashed potatoes crowd was back in full force, they don’t seem to have much respect for themselves much less the players.

Koepka was very critical of the swarming on #18, and rightly so. I hope the PGA puts pressure on all event to control crowds. Players should not have to push through crowds at anytime or anywhere during a tournament IMO.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

image.gif.0bef557382007ea90b3d7f99ff90cc0c.gif

Yes!!!! That’s it!!! Very nice!

I love that Bryson is living rent free in Brooks’s head!!!!

3 minutes ago, Middler said:

The “baba-bogey” mashed potatoes crowd was back in full drunken force, they don’t seem to have much respect for themselves much less the players.

Exactly my thoughts. Expecting a bunch of drunk frat monkeys to have some self-restraint is asking too much.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

5 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Okay I'll try again to bring it back around... did anyone else see that there was a section of holes going into the final round that play over 1000!! over par? I really liked the setup this week for the PGA, it wasn't US Open tough and I agreed with what the NLU boys said where it was finding its identity and being able to differentiate itself a little bit from the other Majors. It was also great to see 3 days of different winds to challenge the players. I for one would have been terrified of 17 as I am a lefty and draw the ball so that water is just terrifying, but was nice to see a good challenging course that offered a unique skill set to get around the course with a decent score. 

There was a good many holes on that course that would be a challenge, even on a bluebird day with no wind 😬.  I do think the longer than average yardage showed itself in the scoring.  Hopefully the tour can find some additional tracks that increase the challenge.  A few under par/round just seems better to me.