Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2-3 Day Golf School?

On 5/16/2021 at 5:32 PM, Golf2Much said:

Hi all,

I'd like to see if I can tap the collective golf intelligence of this group and solicit opinions on going to a 2-3 day golf school.  One of my playing partners and I were talking about signing up for a multiple day South Florida golf camp.  We both live in Key West, are over 65, have 12 handicaps (even though we get there differently) and have no real access to practice facilities at the end of US1. 

My playing partner has always wanted to go to an adult training camp and I thought it would be worthwhile as it's been 20 plus years since my last lesson.  I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on their experience in these types of golf training schools, did they find it helpful and would they do it again.

Thank you in advance!  

I found a 3 day golf school with Andrew Rice very beneficial.  This was my second time with him in 6 years.

Hey everyone!   Sorry for just finding this thread, but I wanted to share the official review I did a few years ago of the Tour Striker Academy.  This was a 3 day golf school lead by Martin Chuck and this experience I can honestly say changed my game completely!  In 4 seasons, I've gone from being easily an 18 handicap to playing as an 8 handicap at one course at the end of the season last year.  I'm hoping to be single digits at all courses this season.  I can't say enough how much this experience helped me!  If you're looking to do a 2-3 school, please make sure this one is on your list!!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

My brother and I went to a 7 day golf school located at Orange County National 15+ years ago.  It was pretty awesome and it was just my brother and I so similar setup as others said - swing evaluation in the morning, instructional correction,  and a playing lesson on the 9 hole course before lunch. We worked on all aspects of the game - from green to tee and everything in between. If you've been to Orange County National, you know it's big circular ring where they hold the PGA Show Equipment Demo every year.  It was awsome!  Our instructor would also get us on either on Crooked Cat or Panther Lake in the afternoon (even though it wasn't included in the package) for free.  He would ride with us for 6 holes asking us what club we were using, why we decided to pull that club, and really make us think about the shot we wanted to try to hit.  After 6 holes he would leave and most of the time we had the course to ourselves.  It was a great experience!  I don't think that golf school is in business anymore (Paradise Academy Golf) but there's still a golf school there.  

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2022 at 5:55 PM, Kenny B said:

Not supposed to.  People go to a golf school to identify what their issues are and what changes they need to make.  Changes don't happen overnight.  Depending on the player's ability when they go, it could take weeks or months to make the change and that's assuming that they put the time in on their drills and got periodic feedback from their instructor to see if they were on the right track.  People think that they should be able to play better immediately, when in actuality they will play worse until the new movements become their new normal.  How many times have we heard Tiger say when he was going through his many swing changes... "it's a process".

He is a really analitcal guy and became a walking head case trying to absorb it all and make it work

Edited by Golfnut0226

• 11 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 12:32 AM, Golf2Much said:

Hi all,

I'd like to see if I can tap the collective golf intelligence of this group and solicit opinions on going to a 2-3 day golf school.  One of my playing partners and I were talking about signing up for a multiple day South Florida golf camp.  We both live in Key West, are over 65, have 12 handicaps (even though we get there differently) and have no real access to practice facilities at the end of US1. 

My playing partner has always wanted to go to an adult training camp and I thought it would be worthwhile as it's been 20 plus years since my last lesson.  I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on their experience in these types of golf training schools, did they find it helpful and would they do it again. In my opinion attending a 2-3 day golf school can be a great opportunity for improvement, especially after a long break from lessons. The focused and intensive nature of these training programs can help refine skills and address specific areas of improvement. Many golfers have found these schools to be beneficial, as they provide structured instruction, practice facilities, and the chance to receive personalized feedback from experienced instructors. Additionally, interacting with fellow golfers in a learning environment can create a supportive and motivating atmosphere that enhances the overall experience. This reminded me of the experience I had with this site: https://assignmentbro.com/ca/do-my-english-homework It induced the same professionalism as the golf school I’ve been to. Great attention to detail and a lot of hard work.

Thank you in advance!  

Attending a multi-day golf school was a game-changer for me. The focused instruction, practice, and camaraderie with fellow golfers made it an unforgettable experience. I saw significant improvements in my game and gained valuable insights. If you're looking to enhance your skills and enjoy a golfing getaway, I highly recommend giving it a shot. You won't regret it!

Edited by Valcristin

On 4/23/2022 at 9:46 PM, goaliewales14 said:

Hey everyone!   Sorry for just finding this thread, but I wanted to share the official review I did a few years ago of the Tour Striker Academy.  This was a 3 day golf school lead by Martin Chuck and this experience I can honestly say changed my game completely!  In 4 seasons, I've gone from being easily an 18 handicap to playing as an 8 handicap at one course at the end of the season last year.  I'm hoping to be single digits at all courses this season.  I can't say enough how much this experience helped me!  If you're looking to do a 2-3 school, please make sure this one is on your list!!

I’ve been to two of his seminars so far. One last fall. And one this spring. Really a game changer for me. And actually very simple and to the point . Highly recommend it 

• 2 months later...

Have to send out a big thanks to the tour striker academy staff. Shot my low round of the year with a 2 over 74 today . On a course I never played before.  And this included 2 double bogeys on a 140 par 3 , and a simple 110 yard par 3. Let my guard down on those holes. But the rest were some good ball striking. Didn’t know that a really good round would happen this season. But it did. And want to give todays success and more to come Martin Chuck and his teachings. When you find a good teacher. Listen and stick with it 

Really enjoyed attending Monte Scheinblum's 2 day clinic this past year. Got several things to work on that, while not easy to implement, are already paying dividends with my game. What I liked is that I got my issues diagnosed very quickly, got some things to work on, and then later in the clinic as I was working through those feels I could ask follow up questions and get immediate feedback. I am going back next year. 

A golf school is a big commitment, both from a time and money perspective. As someone who has two kids under 5, leaving for 2 days to work on my amateur golf game seemed a *little* ridiculous. Ultimately, I skipped a golf trip for it and that means I MUST continue to work on what I took away from that clinic. Otherwise, what was the point? So if a person knows they are not going to work or practice outside of the golf school...then it is probably a tremendous waste of resources. A two golf school will not magically fix your game. But taking what you learned at the two golf school and then practicing for the next 6 months on those concepts and using whatever drills were assigned to you, most likely, will help your game and ultimately your enjoyment of the sport. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

It wasn't a 3 day school, but I did an all day 1:1 at Tour Striker with Bryan Geiberger and thought it was an amazing experience. We spent 6 hours on irons and were able to get through a little on driver, chipping and putting.

Byran was great and I left with hours of videos of drills to work on. I can't recommend Martin / Bryan and and the Tour Striker school enough. And at 895, it may be a bit more affordable for people.

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

3 hours ago, phitaumatthew said:

It wasn't a 3 day school, but I did an all day 1:1 at Tour Striker with Bryan Geiberger and thought it was an amazing experience. We spent 6 hours on irons and were able to get through a little on driver, chipping and putting.

Byran was great and I left with hours of videos of drills to work on. I can't recommend Martin / Bryan and and the Tour Striker school enough. And at 895, it may be a bit more affordable for people.

Easily the best place to learn the game in this great country of ours. Their facility is about making anyone enjoy the game. I can’t give it high enough marks. Mr Martin Chuck and his staff work on developing a swing that works for you not against you. Possibly the best teacher of our modern era for amateurs. Can’t wait to go back again. And taking my buddy this time as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like this thread is pretty old but just to say I’ve been to several Martin Chuck schools with my whole family. HCI ranging from scratch to 20. Every experience has been great and includes all aspects of the game. 

Texas golfer always looking to execute the next shot. 2 Aces!

Really have enjoyed the day I spent at Tour Striker. That said, I've found more success with my own coach here in LA, but will certainly going back to play Raven at some point in the future.

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver