TESTERS WANTED! ×

Inserts for golf shoes

ole gray

Any suggestions for an insert/insole for golf shoes?  I do a lot of walking and I have never tried an insert and wonder if it's worth the cost.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

It depends on your golf shoes. If you have one in that comes with the shoe and not removable you need to find a thin one.  Any increase in thickness will have to be adjusted in your swing. The normal bottom of you swing is now higner.

If the insert of your existing shoe is removable, you can change it out to a better insert with more support without having to adjust.

I tried adding a custom made insert and I was topping the ball. It was just to thick. Eventually just removed them. 

Inserts are great but you have to get it right to achieve the results you are looking for. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It depends on your golf shoes. If you have one in that comes with the shoe and not removable you need to find a thin one.  Any increase in thickness will have to be adjusted in your swing. The normal bottom of you swing is now higner.

If the insert of your existing shoe is removable, you can change it out to a better insert with more support without having to adjust.

I tried adding a custom made insert and I was topping the ball. It was just to thick. Eventually just removed them. 

Inserts are great but you have to get it right to achieve the results you are looking for. 

Good advice!  Thanks

Cleveland

If you're not having any foot issues, the ones they come with are probably fine? I have after market insoles due to a bout of plantar fasciitis last year, don't want to go through that again...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

4 hours ago, Middler said:

If you're not having any foot issues, the ones they come with are probably fine? I have after market insoles due to a bout of plantar fasciitis last year, don't want to go through that again...

My wife had that plantar fasciitis crap and she had a ton of discomfort.  I hope I never get that!   My feet do burn after the round and ache from carrying my big ole arse around.  I have good shoes too so I'm thinking a bit more padding might help...

Cleveland

Try FP insoles at fpinsoles.com

you can drop a bowling ball on them with no bounce.  I have them and have added new life to some older shoes such as FJ Sports.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

42 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Try FP insoles at fpinsoles.com

you can drop a bowling ball on them with no bounce.  I have them and have added new life to some older shoes such as FJ Sports.

Thanks buddy!

Cleveland

13 hours ago, ole gray said:

My wife had that plantar fasciitis crap and she had a ton of discomfort.  I hope I never get that!   My feet do burn after the round and ache from carrying my big ole arse around.  I have good shoes too so I'm thinking a bit more padding might help...

Maybe too simplistic but I’d say you get what you pay for. PowerStep (what I have) and SuperFeet make top notch insoles for specific and general use, but you’re looking at $35-50 a pair. At the other extreme there’s drug store brands like Dr Scholl’s and Spenco for about $15 or less - they’re better than what comes in most shoes, but only marginally so. And lots of brands in between, you can find all sorts of options at most any store that sells running shoes, Dick’s, Fleet Feet, etc. I’d add that the expensive ones usually last longer so they’re not a bad value, the cheap ones break down quickly. Best of luck.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I picked up a pair of Superfeet Green yesterday from Dicks.  I'll be putting them to test today during my 7 mile walk at the golf course today and report back. 

superfeetgreen - Edited.jpg

Cleveland

Reporting back on the Supergreen inserts.  When first wearing these I walked 7+ miles. They do give arch support and that helps to keep the feet from excessive tiredness however my feet still had that burning feeling on the bottom.  There is suppose to be a breaking in period where they become more comfortable.  I'll give further updates in the future.

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

I’ve had plantar fasciitis, and can attest to the pain and aggravation that comes along with that tear. I’ve found that I like Superfeet and Sofsole brand I bought at a big bocce outdoors place. I’m intrigued to try Protalis brand. 

Personally, I’d love to see a MGS most wanted done on these products. 

WITB - Callaway Epic driver, Nike 3 wood Vapor, Cobra single length 4-6, Cobra 7-Gap standard length, and my latest putter to fix all my issues. 

On 5/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, ole gray said:

Any suggestions for an insert/insole for golf shoes?  I do a lot of walking and I have never tried an insert and wonder if it's worth the cost.

Inserts are certainly an option but you might also consider some brands known for their arch support; Ecco and Skechers for example. Their more expensive but if they help with PF, worth it. One of the guys I play with in Yuma wears Ecco's and swears by them. 

Having had PF some years ago, the Podiatrist I saw shared a little trick for determining whether a particular shoe is of good design or not.  Simply bend it in half.  A good shoe will be quite stiff and difficult to bend.  I tried this while shopping for tennis shoes and was amazed how most fold with little effort.  I then found a pair of UA's that were quite stiff... bought them and liked them so much I found two more on sale and put them in the closet.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 12:45 PM, ole gray said:

I have major flat feet and it has been a challenge to find the right golf shoes / insert combo. I used to / still run a good bit and am fortunate that my brother in law owns a running store. Here is what I have found and works-

The shoes matter a lot and not for the same reason running shoes matter. I have found that many golf shoes use the sock liner (the factory shoe insert) as the cushioning. FootJoy being the first to come to mind. So if you have a pair of these and remove the factory insert to put in an after market, there will be little to no cushioning. I've found that Under Armour, Puma, and Adidas to have thing sock liners that can be removed without removing cushioning.

Inserts - If you have a Fleet Feet running store in your area, schedule a fitting for some tennis shoes. Most stores have foot scanner and pressure plate to show you how you walk. They can then recommend the type of running shoe, insert, and even thickness of sock that would work best for your feet. Fleet Feet should have a bunch of Inserts for you to try in your golf shoes.

My favorite are Superfeet and the style will depend on your golf shoe and feet. I currently wear the Black ones in my UA Matchplay but the blue running ones work best in my Pumas. 

I think Superfeet has a huge untapped Golf market.

TL;DR - Go to a running store and bring in your golf shoes to try as many as they have. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with you in terms of Superfeet, and the differences as to where cushioning is provided in various shoes. 
I will say that I love the orange Superfeet insoles with my FootJoys. 🏌️‍♂️

WITB - Callaway Epic driver, Nike 3 wood Vapor, Cobra single length 4-6, Cobra 7-Gap standard length, and my latest putter to fix all my issues. 

I tried the insoles from fpinsoles.com they were designed by skateboarders and absorb all the shock.  I had two pair of older FootJoy FJ Sports that came back to life with the GP insoles.  When I got them, I put them in the oven at 225* for 12 minutes then inserted into shoes.  Now I have two new pair of golf shoes!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I work as a physical therapist in an outpatient ortho clinic. Heavily recommended power step insoles. Great track record

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, fozcycle said:

I tried the insoles from fpinsoles.com they were designed by skateboarders and absorb all the shock.  I had two pair of older FootJoy FJ Sports that came back to life with the GP insoles.  When I got them, I put them in the oven at 225* for 12 minutes then inserted into shoes.  Now I have two new pair of golf shoes!

What model of the fp insoles did you get?

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

On 9/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, Tom D. said:

What model of the fp insoles did you get?

Gamechangers